• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

williedee

Quote from: jazmunda on April 23, 2014, 03:10:13 PM
I hope there were more than 6 weeks worth of Art Bell's Super Fantastic 2015 Internet Show added to the torrent by then.

only 3 weeks because nobody called in ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: williedee on April 23, 2014, 06:11:01 PM
only 3 weeks because nobody called in ;)

Too soon dude! Too soon!

conbrio

I could tell ya but I'd have ta kill ya. an then ya wouldn't get yer prize... Oooops I shouldn't have said that, forget what I said willie. Dam now I'm in deep $#!&

Jackstar

You know, some of you people have a very weird sense of humour--i.e., none at all.

jazmunda

Quote from: Jackstar on April 23, 2014, 07:02:14 PM
You know, some of you people have a very weird sense of humour--i.e., none at all.

And some people are just cunts.

conbrio

Sorry Jackass I mean Jackstar, but you must remember that not all the people on this site were born in the US.

bigchucka

Quote from: williedee on April 22, 2014, 11:43:14 PM
A whole shitload of typos and errors? Whatever man, if youre finding so many you can go ahead and correct them. Just make sure you're not spelling Fukushima fukishima

Think I might have seen a Romona and a Molten, but it isn't like I'm grading English papers, and I'm sure there was a fuckton you did catch and fix.....  thanks for the hard work!

onan

It is free... yet bitching... yeah makes sense.

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on April 23, 2014, 08:45:02 PM
It is free... yet bitching... yeah makes sense.

You could give some people a suitcase containing a million dollars and they'd complain that the suitcase was too heavy.

bigchucka

Quote from: jazmunda on April 23, 2014, 08:57:22 PM
You could give some people a suitcase containing a million dollars and they'd complain that the suitcase was too heavy.

I guess there's a THC extract company in California called HGH.... and that's what it stands for....

I think Jackstar is a little pissy cuz he was looking for a specific show that I don't think was in the collection.  If my previous comment was seen as bitching.... then that's another example of why some conversations are best in person that through text.

Jackstar

I am not bitching at all. You people are really sensitive.

Khameleon808

Quote from: Jackstar on April 24, 2014, 12:23:38 AM
I am not bitching at all. You people are really sensitive.

Stranger929

I just saw that the torrent was posted already.

A huge 'Thank you!!' to everyone involved, this is an epic torrent for sure!

No Quarter

To williedee, or whoever was responsible for compiling JC's phone calls:  Genius! That was the first thing that I listened to.  When you can listen to those calls back-to-back, it is easy to follow JC's train-wreck slide into bat-s*^& insane fundamentalism.

Art always claimed that JC was real/not a plant. I hope that is case, because that just makes his calls that much more entertaining!

Thanks again to everyone who put in the time and work to do this.

Here's to the Boiling Pits of Sewage that, according to JC, we will all end up in.  Can we keep BellGab going once we all get there? We could BBQ, ice down some drinks, have a party! (Please - leave the pizza rolls at home - we do not want to pollute the Boiling Pits of Sewage...)    8)

jazmunda

I am convinced that there are two separate JC entities. I haven't listened to that whole file the whole way through for a long time and it would be interesting to know where/when this happens. I could never tell if JC was a plant or not as he very rarely got through on the unscreened caller lines when a guest was on. There was once a site that transcripted (I'm positive that's not a word) all of his calls. I'll look it up later and see if I can find it.

Skunk Ape

Thanks to all who were involved. I've now deleted all previous libraries that had horrible name formats and now have this neat, uniformly named library. It's been 100% worth the wait. No complaints.

bigchucka

Quote from: jazmunda on April 24, 2014, 07:34:09 AM
I am convinced that there are two separate JC entities. I haven't listened to that whole file the whole way through for a long time and it would be interesting to know where/when this happens. I could never tell if JC was a plant or not as he very rarely got through on the unscreened caller lines when a guest was on. There was once a site that transcripted (I'm positive that's not a word) all of his calls. I'll look it up later and see if I can find it.

Transcribed?  That's either the word you was looking for, or another guess.  I think I remember reading something like that online as well.  Some of those calls, especially some of the first ones, were pretty fucked up.

http://c2c.wikia.com/wiki/Jonathan_Christian_Webster

nooropathy

Just started this 17 minutes ago...

[attachimg=1]

thanks to all, especially the ones who actually did something to make this happen ;)
another day or two and it will be done.  Now I need some good way to save it properly.
I guess a 2TB drive has its uses!

No Quarter

Quote from: bigchucka on April 24, 2014, 10:49:03 AM
Transcribed?  That's either the word you was looking for, or another guess.  I think I remember reading something like that online as well.  Some of those calls, especially some of the first ones, were pretty fucked up.

http://c2c.wikia.com/wiki/Jonathan_Christian_Webster

Oh, man - just read the wiki page on JC - I did not know this existed.  Thanks bigchucka!

TheSheriff

I'm over 50% done!

Keep the seeds goin' guys!

jazmunda

Quote from: bigchucka on April 24, 2014, 10:49:03 AM
Transcribed?  That's either the word you was looking for, or another guess.

That's the word. I'll chalk it up to a late night, alcohol induced, sleep deprived, brain fart.

williedee

Quote from: jazmunda on April 24, 2014, 03:26:40 PM
That's the word. I'll chalk it up to a late night, alcohol induced, sleep deprived, brain fart.

i read that "alcohol deprived, sleep induced, fart brain" in an Australian accent  ;)

In other news, I send the links to a mailing list of 60+ people very interested in the download, so get ready for more leechers haha.

jazmunda

Quote from: williedee on April 24, 2014, 03:42:26 PM
i read that "alcohol deprived, sleep induced, fart brain" in an Australian accent  ;)

In other news, I send the links to a mailing list of 60+ people very interested in the download, so get ready for more leechers haha.

I don't have an accent. Y'all have the accents. I speak good.

I like spreading my seed.

jan78

There are glitches, but you may not run across them for a while.

Go ahead - the first one to find a total of 10 errors gets a free Art Bell archive!  Oh wait...

---
Seriously, point them out if you want to, it's useful.

jan78

Quote from: bigchucka on April 23, 2014, 08:42:46 PM
Think I might have seen a Romona and a Molten, but it isn't like I'm grading English papers, and I'm sure there was a fuckton you did catch and fix.....  thanks for the hard work!

>Romona

Oops, that show - Feb 9 1994 - was up for deletion. It's really 9/3/93 + excerpts from 9/2/94 we already have. 

That Art and Ramona Triangle Sighting show has been around forever, and when I finally decided to scrutinize it, it was curious what I found. The Triangle portion plus intro, I realized, dates to late Aug/early Sept. 1993, which you can tell by the news and other items in it. The Coast listing has a Lear show on 9/4/93, but that was a Saturday, so it seems they meant 9/3/93 (Fri->Sat).  The Triangle part and intro with Lear go for about 38 minutes. Then, the rest of the show after that could be eliminated - it was the Sept 2 1994 Lear show we already have, but with 5-10 minute interview segments chopped out here and there (go figure).  I redated the good portion to 9/3/93.  It is really a cr@pshoot what some of these shows really contain(ed)....   weirdness, junk, and nice surprises.

In other words you can remove Feb 9 1994 from your archives because you have its contents elsewhere already.

Thanks! Hundreds of hours went into fixing errors, resolving dates, splitting/joining, purging commercials, finding/synching best version of a show, etc. - on my part.  So no problem, it is useful to hear about anything else found, which it surely will be.

jazmunda

The commercials are the best part! I love hearing about human growth hormone, hard water and technoginals.

Jackstar

Quote from: january on April 24, 2014, 04:47:42 PM
Go ahead - the first one to find a total of 10 errors gets a free Art Bell archive!  Oh wait...

LOL. Thank you ever, ever so much for this... and that.

mikealden

Quote from: january on April 24, 2014, 05:02:40 PM
>Romona

Oops, that show - Feb 9 1994 - was up for deletion. It's really 9/3/93 + excerpts from 9/2/94 we already have. 

That Art and Ramona Triangle Sighting show has been around forever, and when I finally decided to scrutinize it, it was curious what I found. The Triangle portion plus intro, I realized, dates to late Aug/early Sept. 1993, which you can tell by the news and other items in it. The Coast listing has a Lear show on 9/4/93, but that was a Saturday, so it seems they meant 9/3/93 (Fri->Sat).  The Triangle part and intro with Lear go for about 38 minutes. Then, the rest of the show after that could be eliminated - it was the Sept 2 1994 Lear show we already have, but with 5-10 minute interview segments chopped out here and there (go figure).  I redated the good portion to 9/3/93.  It is really a cr@pshoot what some of these shows really contain(ed)....   weirdness, junk, and nice surprises.

In other words you can remove Feb 9 1994 from your archives because you have its contents elsewhere already.

Thanks! Hundreds of hours went into fixing errors, resolving dates, splitting/joining, purging commercials, finding/synching best version of a show, etc. - on my part.  So no problem, it is useful to hear about anything else found, which it surely will be.

Whoa! Awesome detective work!!!

Also thanks for purging some of those commercials. There were a bunch of shows that I never listened to because I didn't want to deal with all the commercials in a 5 hour show! I'm listening to the 1997-1-21 show for the first time ever today!

wr250

Quote from: mikealden on April 24, 2014, 06:05:38 PM
Whoa! Awesome detective work!!!

Also thanks for purging some of those commercials. There were a bunch of shows that I never listened to because I didn't want to deal with all the commercials in a 5 hour show! I'm listening to the 1997-1-21 show for the first time ever today!

Foreigner-Feels Like The First Time