• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

73s

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 04, 2016, 08:43:01 PM
Art great to see you tonight.  Hope the upcoming meeting with Bobo17 goes well.   Keep us abreast of any developments that arise
from this summit.

Seeing Art here so soon after Bobo does lend validity to Bobo's claims, lol

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 04, 2016, 08:43:01 PM
Art great to see you tonight.  Hope the upcoming meeting with Bobo17 goes well.   Keep us abreast of any developments that arise
from this summit.
Ha!  Hey, Bobo, don't forget the chips and dip. 

bateman

Quote from: ItsOver on June 04, 2016, 08:49:57 PM
Ha!  Hey, Bobo, don't forget the chips and dip. 

I prefer salsa myself.

littlechris

Bobo IS Art Bell.

Quote from: littlechris on June 04, 2016, 08:53:50 PM
Bobo IS Art Bell.

Deep cover to find out who his real friends are. Like Zeus wandering the countryside in disguise.

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2016, 08:51:54 PM
I prefer salsa myself.

Mr. Warner, we can't be spending money on fancy food items such as salsa.

-rekcuf182 & Associates

Darth Pikachu

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2016, 08:31:33 PM
Hi again, I thought I would take a moment to agree with what some of you have said. For example I feel that yes things have changed, when I moved the show from boring Politics to the Paranormal I was pretty much alone, now the field is like a LA drive time traffic jam which has diluted the airwaves with Paranormal Radio to the point that Guests are simply saying the same stuff over and over on show after show, I prefer opening new ground, not plowing the same ground again and again. Also complicating the field is that there frankly is not much new, nothing like the big days of big sightings and good abduction stories. It has pretty much dried up. It is still more interesting then Politics with the possible exception of this Year.

Some are wondering why I have not spent much time on Ham radio, read this recent article for more info.....http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article81740737.html

I still love the big questions in life like what comes next if anything, how did we get here, what might take us out and so much more.

Art

Good to hear from you Mr. Bell. Thank you and best to you and your family. Hoping one day to hear you on the air again, but if not, thanks for one of the best shows ever on radio

Art Bell

Bobo IS Art Bell.

No I am not, I think Bobo has quit more times then me, many more.

Art

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2016, 10:24:44 PM
Bobo IS Art Bell.
[/quote

Art

Roswells, Art

Art

When's the meeting, Art? He's flying us all in.

Bobo IS Art Bell.

Art

I imagine Bobo laying face down in the dirt for 20 minutes after that incoming fire...

After the action was over bobo realized Greasy's face was a pile of goo.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 04, 2016, 10:28:10 PM
When's the meeting, Art? He's flying us all in.

Yeah. Right. I went to Pahrump last time and stayed 6 days. He never showed up.

littlechris

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 04, 2016, 10:34:53 PM
Yeah. Right. I went to Pahrump last time and stayed 6 days. He never showed up.

Good idea. Bellgab meetup in Pahrump? I wonder if Art would be willing to meet up with us. Hmm.

Value Of Pi

Hi again, I thought I would take a moment to agree with what some of you have said. For example I feel that yes things have changed, when I moved the show from boring Politics to the Paranormal I was pretty much alone, now the field is like a LA drive time traffic jam which has diluted the airwaves with Paranormal Radio to the point that Guests are simply saying the same stuff over and over on show after show, I prefer opening new ground, not plowing the same ground again and again. Also complicating the field is that there frankly is not much new, nothing like the big days of big sightings and good abduction stories. It has pretty much dried up. It is still more interesting then Politics with the possible exception of this Year.

Some are wondering why I have not spent much time on Ham radio, read this recent article for more info.....http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article81740737.html

I still love the big questions in life like what comes next if anything, how did we get here, what might take us out and so much more.

Art

Thanks for your point of view on how times have changed for the genre you helped to popularize. Nobody is in a better position than Art Bell to understand this.

I wanted to expand a bit on how the "big questions" still have the potential to captivate mass audiences, beyond even the genre fans that hang around here. In fact, let's take "time" itself as one particularly fascinating subject. Over the years, you picked every bit of low-hanging fruit on this subject, from time machines to time travelers to the nature of time and its mysteries.

But here's one way I never heard you or any other radio host bring this subject to life -- though it has been done in books (even history books) and movies. That would be to transport the listener back in time, with the help of knowledgeable and colorful guests intimately familiar with one time period or another.

What would it be like to live a day as, say, a shopkeeper in Jerusalem during the Roman occupation? Or a Roman soldier billeted there? A là "Quantum Leap" where you suddenly find yourself in a whole different world.

What would you think about, care about, worry about and see or hear on a normal day -- or maybe the day that the prophet from Nazareth came to town? Get inside a guy's head from two thousand years ago and you will find some pretty strange stuff -- and not just the kind that an anthropologist would find interesting. The best part would be that this would be, at worst, informed speculation based on historical evidence, not wishful fantasy about aliens.

It would take a great host and producer to make this kind of "Walking With Dinosaurs" approach work on radio but it could be very effective. As I say, there's nothing boring about the subject matter you covered. There are only boring hosts who can't figure out how to make it interesting to listeners now that all the obvious approaches have been mined.

GravitySucks

Quote from: littlechris on June 04, 2016, 10:39:22 PM
Good idea. Bellgab meetup in Pahrump? I wonder if Art would be willing to meet up with us. Hmm.

This is the 6th time I have been out there in the last 7 years. I go there (ironically) for firearms training. I didn't try to contact Art this time. In the past I have sent him emails and never got a response. I think he likes to remain private while in Pahrump.

starrmtn001

Art
And, of course, what is your ideal afterlife? ;) ;D

littlechris

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 04, 2016, 10:43:52 PM
In the past I have sent him emails and never got a response.

It's cuz you don't have a vagina.

AvDaBr

This has probably been covered somewhere on the forum before - but when did the whole JC Webster thing begin?  The reason I'm asking is a certain caller who called in on the SIT episode I'm listening to from I believe May 4th, 1996.  He gave Art some grief for seemingly being open to all spiritual/demonic things except when Christianity is involved.  He called Art the devil's callboy or something akin.  The guy's voice sounded much like I would expect the real JC to sound in a normal tone.

GravitySucks

Quote from: AvDaBr on June 04, 2016, 11:03:03 PM
This has probably been covered somewhere on the forum before - but when did the whole JC Webster thing begin?  The reason I'm asking is a certain caller who called in on the SIT episode I'm listening to from I believe May 4th, 1996.  He gave Art some grief for seemingly being open to all spiritual/demonic things except when Christianity is involved.  He called Art the devil's callboy or something akin.  The guy's voice sounded much like I would expect the real JC to sound in a normal tone.

I heard that call and thought the exact same thing. Since Jazmunda just did a Bell Philes episode on JC, I sent him a PM with the SIT date and the time of the call. Glad someone else noticed it too.

AvDaBr

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 04, 2016, 11:07:13 PM
I heard that call and thought the exact same thing. Since Jazmunda just did a Bell Philes episode on JC, I sent him a PM with the SIT date and the time of the call. Glad someone else noticed it too.

The çall I think occurred near the start of the last half hour.  At the close of the show Art played it up with that faux evil laugh.  Unless there's evidence to the contrary, I believe we may have heard the genesis of JC.  JC would appreciate the reference to Genesis. 😉

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: littlechris on June 04, 2016, 10:39:22 PM

What the hell would a bellgab meetup even look like? It'd be like some cross between a knife fight and a greased pig contest. And, I mean, there would have to be sex. I want to go on record as being against this idea.

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 04, 2016, 07:52:47 PM
Is tonight a replay of an SIT?
Somewhere in Time returns to 4/9/96 for an evening of Open Lines with such topics as the Montana Freemen standoff, doom and gloom news, and technology's reach into modern life.
Caught a bit of it relieving myself on my radio in the bathroom and, guess what? Like always, nothing changes. A caller talking about illegal immigrants and Art chiding him, a bit lest he would be called racist, but Art saying a "wall" or "an electronic wall" because we need to stop illegals but some jobs need to be done but people coming in tracked and accounted for. Perfectly logical, as Art mentioned, "other countries do it, believe me." Of course due to the various interests and politics here. Nothing. But no surprise that Art would like Trump since he is the only one even mentioning the problem...decades later.

Catsmile

Quote from: rekcuf on June 04, 2016, 10:33:19 PM

Art

I imagine Bobo laying face down in the dirt for 20 minutes after that incoming fire...

After the action was over bobo realized Greasy's face was a pile of goo.

I can haz horse 「ぶっかけ」 bukkake, nao?!

Quote from: Catsmile on June 05, 2016, 12:12:37 AM
I can haz horse 「ぶっかけ」 bukkake, nao?!

Go forth and make sticky white glue all over the horses face.

littlechris

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 04, 2016, 11:32:29 PM
What the hell would a bellgab meetup even look like? It'd be like some cross between a knife fight and a greased pig contest. And, I mean, there would have to be sex. I want to go on record as being against this idea.

Hey SciFi, good seeing you bro.

So I take it you won't be making it to WhiteCrows eclipse extravaganza in August 2017?

MR. Spock

Quote from: littlechris on June 05, 2016, 12:17:45 AM
Hey SciFi, good seeing you bro.

So I take it you won't be making it to WhiteCrows eclipse extravaganza in August 2017?
Hey chris how are you today?

littlechris

Quote from: MR. Spock on June 05, 2016, 12:20:25 AM
Hey chris how are you today?

I'm freezing my ass off. How are you spock?

MR. Spock

Quote from: littlechris on June 05, 2016, 12:21:41 AM
I'm freezing my ass off. How are you spock?
Im good. Why are you freezing your ass off for? Are you running your A/C? If your using your A/C and your cold, That means that you know how to use your A/C unit unlike Falkie.