• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 12:31:04 AM
Nope. Marzulli doesn't think there is a 3rd Secret.

Damn! I thought for sure he'd say it was giants. Maybe he's just getting to it?  :-\

Zetaspeak

I don't have many religious movies in my collection,, but I do have the 1952 Fatima movie. That and JC Superstar are yearly views for the fam during holiday time.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 12, 2017, 12:39:18 AM
I don't have many religious movies in my collection,, but I do have the 1952 Fatima movie. That and JC Superstar are yearly views for the fam during holiday time.

What's the buzz? Tell me what's a-happenin?  ???

So Our Lady of Fatima was a whore with her knee length skirt?  I usually like Marzulli but he is rubbing me the wrong way tonight.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 12:45:19 AM
So Our Lady of Fatima was a whore with her knee length skirt?  I usually like Marzulli but he is rubbing me the wrong way tonight.

Maybe...just maybe he's a disinformationist hired by the left to make Christians seem crazy.  ;)

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 12, 2017, 12:39:18 AM

Every few years, I break out the Greatest Story Ever Told to watch at Easter or Christmas.  Actually I think my favorite movie about Jesus Christ was DeMille's King Of Kings though H. B. Warner was miscast.  After those, then Jesus of Nazareth by Zefferelli.  Have yet to watch JC Superstar or Scorcese's  The Last Temptation of Christ though they are in my collection.

My favorite Christmas film is Sim's Christmas Carol.  Used to watch Wonderful Life a lot but have taken a break from it for the last 10 or 15 years.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 12:54:22 AM
Every few years, I break out the Greatest Story Ever Told to watch at Easter or Christmas.  Actually I think my favorite movie about Jesus Christ was DeMille's King Of Kings though H. B. Warner was miscast.  After those, then Jesus of Nazareth by Zefferelli.  Have yet to watch JC Superstar or Scorcese's  The Last Temptation of Christ though they are in my collection.

My favorite Christmas film is Sim's Christmas Carol.  Used to watch Wonderful Life a lot but have taken a break from it for the last 10 or 15 years.

Last Temptation!  ;)

Seriously, I don't think it's what fundamentalist Christians feared. It's actually quite reverential, IMHO.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 12:45:19 AM

I don't get this either, he keeps calling it a "short skirt" even though just a few years into to 20s slightly below knee skirts is common style.

Plus I doubt Mary coming back with warnings to the world, a few inches of cloth wouldn't concern her

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 12, 2017, 12:57:41 AM
I don't get this either, he keeps calling it a "short skirt" even though just a few years into to 20s slightly below knee skirts is common style.

Plus I doubt Mary coming back with warnings to the world, a few inches of cloth wouldn't concern her

I know and who knows maybe knee length skirts were common in Judea 2000 years ago. They aren't that daring.  Now if she was wearing a turtle skirt then he might have a point though I like women in turtle skirts. :D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2017, 12:56:32 AM
Last Temptation!  ;)

Seriously, I don't think it's what fundamentalist Christians feared. It's actually quite reverential, IMHO.

I don't think it is anything to fear either.  Jesus was a human after all.  Why shouldn't he have the normal feelings that men have toward women?  That's where I part with fundamentalists.  Many are far too prudish and far too often consider anything sexual as sinful.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 01:09:58 AM
I don't think it is anything to fear either.  Jesus was a human after all.  Why shouldn't he have the normal feelings that men have toward women?  That's where I part with fundamentalists.  Many are far too prudish and far too often consider anything sexual as sinful.

I'm just saying it increased my interest in Christianity rather than decreased it. That's not such a bad thing for a waining religion. Maybe there should be more like it.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2017, 01:16:03 AM
I'm just saying it increased my interest in Christianity rather than decreased it. That's not such a bad thing for a waining religion. Maybe there should be more like it.  ;)

I don't like to think of it as a waning religion.  It has been in Europe and here for a while but not in the Far East.  The problem with Christianity in the West is the leadership in many of the various churches.  Far too interested in money and being hypocritical.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 01:21:11 AM
I don't like to think of it as a waning religion.  It has been in Europe and here for a while but not in the Far East.  The problem with Christianity in the West is the leadership in many of the various churches.  Far too interested in money and being hypocritical.

I meant more as a statement of fact than an insult. It seems like Christianity has been under attack for awhile now. I suppose religion has always really been a political force in the world but it seems pretty clear to me that lines have been drawn in the last couple decades. By who and to what end I'm not sure. Some would say zionists.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 12:54:22 AM

Surprisingly, I haven't watched Last Temp either, I remember as a kid the sh*tstorm it caused during it release, I do wonder if the perception of it was more controversial than the actual film. I should give it a look

JC Superstar was befor my time, but I would guess some would freak out. It seems pretty tame by today standards. Seriously the most controversial thing about it these days us that  Judas was portrayed as a black dude.

Jesus of Nazareth  is probably my favorite "traditional" Jesus story. Of course  10 Commandments is yearly on TV and watch it pretty regularly, but it's a loooong movie clocking in at 4 hours, not including commercials which can go up to 5 hours.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2017, 01:28:36 AM
I meant more as a statement of fact than an insult. It seems like Christianity has been under attack for awhile now. I suppose religion has always really been a political force in the world but it seems pretty clear to me that lines have been drawn in the last couple decades. By who and to what end I'm not sure. Some would say zionists.

Oh yeah, the attacks against Christianity have gotten much worse in recent decades.  No doubt about that.  Some of the attacks are justifiable at least where it concerns certain leaders in the church.  Many attacks against Christianity are unjustified though.   The world has become an increasingly dark place and it is reflected in movies and tv.  Part of it is cynicism against long established institutions in our society like The Roman Church but also against governments and corporations.   Again some of it justified.  Some would say it is proof that the Last Days are here and the Second Coming will be soon.  I'm not convinced of that though I keep an open mind.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 12, 2017, 01:31:14 AM
Surprisingly, I haven't watched Last Temp either, I remember as a kid the sh*tstorm it caused during it release, I do wonder if the perception of it was more controversial than the actual film. I should give it a look

JC Superstar was befor my time, but I would guess some would freak out. It seems pretty tame by today standards. Seriously the most controversial thing about it these days us that  Judas was portrayed as a black dude.

Jesus of Nazareth  is probably my favorite "traditional" Jesus story. Of course  10 Commandments is yearly on TV and watch it pretty regularly, but it's a loooong movie clocking in at 4 hours, not including commercials which can go up to 5 hours.

LOL.  For such a long movie, it is entertaining with the camp element and it is really extremely well-done for the time.  Ridley Scott's film was disappointing especially the meeting Moses has with God.  DeMille did it better.  I break it out routinely every couple years.  I don't usually watch movies on TV unless they are on TCM or another channel without commercials.

The big deal with Last Temptation is that hard core Catholics and fundamentalists can't imagine Jesus ever having normal feelings for women.  I have no problem accepting Jesus as a human. I want to watch the movie soon.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 01:38:44 AM
Oh yeah, the attacks against Christianity have gotten much worse in recent decades.  No doubt about that.  Some of the attacks are justifiable at least where it concerns certain leaders in the church.  Many attacks against Christianity are unjustified though.   The world has become an increasingly dark place and it is reflected in movies and tv.  Part of it is cynicism against long established institutions in our society like The Roman Church but also against governments and corporations.   Again some of it justified.  Some would say it is proof that the Last Days are here and the Second Coming will be soon.  I'm not convinced of that though I keep an open mind.

There is one fundamental (no pun intended) difference though. Does the justification of any of this bad behaviour exist in the new testament? Not to my knowledge. However, the justification for a lot of bad behaviour does exist in the Talmud and the Koran. Sorry, Jewish and Muslim friends but you know it's true.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2017, 01:55:20 AM
There is one fundamental (no pun intended) difference though. Does the justification of any of this bad behaviour exist in the new testament? Not to my knowledge. However, the justification for a lot of bad behaviour does exist in the Talmud and the Koran. Sorry, Jewish and Muslim friends but you know it's true.  ;)

I agree with you about the Koran and I won't deny that there is a ton of bad behavior in the Old Testament.  I don't care to elaborate any further though.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 02:00:14 AM
I agree with you about the Koran and I won't deny that there is a ton of bad behavior in the Old Testament.  I don't care to elaborate any further though.

And that's not even me arguing for the ultimate reality of any of those religions. I'm just saying which is the most logically consistent.   ;)

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 01:46:33 AM
LOL.  For such a long movie, it is entertaining with the camp element and it is really extremely well-done for the time.  Ridley Scott's film was disappointing especially the meeting Moses has with God.  DeMille did it better.  I break it out routinely every couple years.  I don't usually watch movies on TV unless they are on TCM or another channel without commercials.
I think DeMille version is well done by even todays standard. If they can put that thing on an IMAX screen, it would be awesome. I might buy a ticket on a regular screen

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 12, 2017, 02:08:28 AM
I think DeMille version is well done by even todays standard. If they can put that thing on an IMAX screen, it would be awesome. I might buy a ticket on a regular screen

I'd love to see it on big screen.  For what it is worth,  it is the one movie that I watch almost routinely.  That and Universal's The Black Cat from 1934.  I've probably seen both 30 or 40 times and I never get tired of them.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2017, 01:55:20 AM
Good point.

136 or 142

That actually wasn't a bad show last night.  I heard it in reverse order, the Alistair Crowley part first.  Not sure why Nori was being so secretive about Crowley being the topic in the second half, he only said 'we'll be discussing the paranormal in the second half.'

I was only half listening to Marzulli. Was he saying Fatima was a UFO incident or that it was some kind of UFO incident being led by Satan?

Crowley was a fascinating person. I'd like to hear a program on Anton La Vey.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 12, 2017, 09:31:24 AM
That actually wasn't a bad show last night.  I heard it in reverse order, the Alistair Crowley part first.  Not sure why Nori was being so secretive about Crowley being the topic in the second half, he only said 'we'll be discussing the paranormal in the second half.'

I was only half listening to Marzulli. Was he saying Fatima was a UFO incident or that it was some kind of UFO incident being led by Satan?

Crowley was a fascinating person. I'd like to hear a program on Anton La Vey.

Marzulli claimed that the event in the sky was a UFO incident, he didn't specify that it was caused by Satan.  He did say that he thought the Marian apparition was probably demonic because she was dressed like a harlot- skirt down to her knees-shocking I tell you. ::)  I usually like Marzulli but I think he was off-base last night.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 09:42:54 AM
Marzulli claimed that the event in the sky was a UFO incident, he didn't specify that it was caused by Satan.  He did say that he thought the Marian apparition was probably demonic because she was dressed like a harlot- skirt down to her knees-shocking I tell you. ::)  I usually like Marzulli but I think he was off-base last night.

Thanks. :)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 11, 2017, 11:55:49 PM
LOL Jorge with an unnecessary movie reference

George confuses films with reality a lot.

The Crowley guy couldn't finish a sentence without at least a dozen ummms and ahhh

albrecht

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 12, 2017, 11:08:39 AM
The Crowley guy couldn't finish a sentence without at least a dozen ummms and ahhh
Well when replying to Norry and callers can be challenging.

Why doesn't Norry ever have a guest on about secret societies, fraternities, and witchcraft cults, etc in other cultures? Africa is rife with them and very interesting because, aside from the shocking/horrible stories, there are is a lot of history and weirdness- and also heavy political influence in some cases. In addition to resistance against colonialism etc. And lots of grisly stories, even in modern times, for Norry to "ponder" and gleefully detail. If wanted to really get wild he could get Fulford on about Oriental secret societies, particularly in China- the various "Dragon societies" and the Japanese stuff. Folks accuse C2C of being racist for not enough guests "of color" but, on the other hand, getting into these stories might also make folks throw the racist canard towards the show ("you white guy shouldn't be judging other cultures" etc.) But could be a good show if a good host.