• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Norm

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 29, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Joorch always talks big about things like that and never follows through. I still remember way back he talked about doing a show from the pyramids in Egypt.

How about the live remote from George Senda's flea and cockroach infested couch?

We can only hope...

TigerLily

Quote from: Jojo on September 29, 2017, 12:54:07 AM
I like her, so don't take this wrong.  But what does she do and what does George do while all these recorded interviews run?

George writes love letters to Linda then tears them up. Linda posts in George Noory Sucks under an anonymous user name

Swishypants

George Noory is the absolute BEST at what he does. His career has eclipsed Art Bells at C2C and he has achieved every single one of his goals with the precision of a Ninja Assassin. He even turned a box of Pizza Rolls into a story that will never die! 100% Operator; all the way!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on September 29, 2017, 01:24:29 AM
George Noory is the absolute BEST at what he does. His career has eclipsed Art Bells at C2C and he has achieved every single one of his goals with the precision of a Ninja Assassin. He even turned a box of Pizza Rolls into a story that will never die! 100% Operator; all the way!

You're right. Gilligan's Island was pretty funny.  :D

Swishypants

It was lonely before I came. Now we're all sleepy.

136 or 142

George Nori thought the show was in a rut, so he asked Tommy what he should do.  Tommy replied "well, when the late night television talk shows get in a rut, they sometimes have on the biggest this or the tallest that and the like."

Nori said "Great idea Tommy, I want you to book on the show the stupidest person in the world."

So, for that show Tommy just placed a mirror in front of George.

At the end of the show, Nori told Tommy "Not a bad show, but I didn't think he was that stupid.  Is it just me though, or did he look a little like me?"

Just woke up. At least I get to hear the 4th hour with Linda taking calls from Cornelius and Annie.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 29, 2017, 02:05:12 AM
Just woke up. At least I get to hear the 4th hour with Linda taking calls from Cornelius and Annie.

You can hear the repeat on all sorts of stations over the internet.

136 or 142

Nori was looking for something to do one summer when he saw a sign that read "Hoping to form a band, no need to know how to play a musical instrument, I can teach you."  And all the other details and particulars.

So, Nori went and brought a fish with him.

And the would be band leader asked Nori "Why did you bring a fish?"

And Nori replied "I was hoping I could join your band and you could teach me to play the bass."

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 29, 2017, 02:39:15 AM
You can hear the repeat on all sorts of stations over the internet.

I know.  They are also on youtube.   I'm going back to listen to one from a couple days ago.

136 or 142

Pat Boone certainly isn't the worst person in the world, but I think it's hard to argue that he exploited the ban on black musicians on the radio by ripping off their songs.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 29, 2017, 03:23:10 AM
Pat Boone certainly isn't the worst person in the world, but I think it's hard to argue that he exploited the ban on black musicians on the radio by ripping off their songs.

There was no formal ban on black artists and my Mom was a big fan of Little Richard in '56 and she lived in the country in West Tennessee. Sure there were some stations that would not play so-called "race" music but it was less than you might think. What do you think white teens listened to back then? You could also say Pat exposed songs to conservative white audiences who would not have been interested otherwise.  To be fair to him, he only had a few hits like that.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 29, 2017, 04:42:43 AM
There was no formal ban on black artists and my Mom was a big fan of Little Richard in '56 and she lived in the country in West Tennessee. Sure there were some stations that would not play so-called "race" music but it was less than you might think. What do you think white teens listened to back then? You could also say Pat exposed songs to conservative white audiences who would not have been interested otherwise.  To be fair to him, he only had a few hits like that.

There were black owned radio stations at the time, but according to this, many white owned radio stations did not allow music by black musicians to be played:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=SeL1juzrxM8C&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=were+black+artists+banned+from+the+radio&source=bl&ots=zFPuQTJBmZ&sig=ppqZe1lP4cd47-p2SmLejkX7-c8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjD07WUn8rWAhVY5WMKHblFBHwQ6AEITjAG#v=onepage&q=were%20black%20artists%20banned%20from%20the%20radio&f=false

This article is probably fairly balanced: http://www.bnd.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/answer-man/article134070984.html

I think it's far to say that for a person who claims to be so holy as Pat Boone does, that what he did wasn't exactly the most ethical thing to do and his "I helped black artists by giving them exposure" is just him rationalizing what he did.

It was only a few songs of his, but that's how he got his start, so they weren't unimportant songs for him.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 29, 2017, 05:05:23 AM
There were black owned radio stations at the time, but according to this, many white owned radio stations did not allow music by black musicians to be played:
https://books.google.ca/books?id=SeL1juzrxM8C&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=were+black+artists+banned+from+the+radio&source=bl&ots=zFPuQTJBmZ&sig=ppqZe1lP4cd47-p2SmLejkX7-c8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjD07WUn8rWAhVY5WMKHblFBHwQ6AEITjAG#v=onepage&q=were%20black%20artists%20banned%20from%20the%20radio&f=false

This article is probably fairly balanced: http://www.bnd.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/answer-man/article134070984.html

I think it's far to say that for a person who claims to be so holy as Pat Boone does, that what he did wasn't exactly the most ethical thing to do and his "I helped black artists by giving them exposure" is just him rationalizing what he did.

It was only a few songs of his, but that's how he got his start, so they weren't unimportant songs for him.

I'm speaking from my Mom's experience and for many a white man that took up rock and roll. My parents grew up back then.  Boone also had other songs. I believe Love Letters In the Sand was his biggest hit from back then and as far as I know that was not a cover of a black man's song.  I can't believe you are making me defend Pat Boone who was never really my cup of tea save for a few songs.  Everybody was doing covers of everything back then. 

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 29, 2017, 07:07:50 AM
I'm speaking from my Mom's experience and for many a white man that took up rock and roll. My parents grew up back then.  Boone also had other songs. I believe Love Letters In the Sand was his biggest hit from back then and as far as I know that was not a cover of a black man's song.  I can't believe you are making me defend Pat Boone who was never really my cup of tea save for a few songs.  Everybody was doing covers of everything back then.

Most of weren't hypocrites who claimed to be 'on a mission from God.'

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 29, 2017, 07:17:31 AM
Most of weren't hypocrites who claimed to be 'on a mission from God.'

Whatever man. You don't like people who are religious.  OK.  No need to spread the hate though.  I met Boone once when I was at Magic Mountain and my Mom had a business relationship with him. He was a square but a nice man and that is enough for me.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 29, 2017, 07:20:48 AM
Whatever man. You don't like people who are religious.  OK.  No need to spread the hate though.  I met Boone once when I was at Magic Mountain and my Mom had a business relationship with him. He was a square but a nice man and that is enough for me.

I have no problem with religious people, I don't like religious hypocrites, just as I don't like hypocrites in general.  I don't expect perfection, but some humility from Boone would be nice given that he's clearly made some choices that required 'a load of compromising.'  He's clearly polite and outwardly pleasant, but telling people whether they have the right kind of 'family' is clearly not being humble.  (If you missed the show, he said his mission in life now is to promote his family institute.)

I'm not even saying he doesn't have the right to have this institute/university, just don't pretend to be perfect.  If you listened to the show, it's also pretty clear he has a pretty big ego and has been very concerned with making as much money as possible for his entire adult life up to now.

Jojo

Alcoholism is in the rise among celebrities and the general population.  Last month, The National Epidemiological Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions studied over 40,000 Americans and found that increases in Alcoholism now constitute a public health crisis, especially among women, minorities, and people over age 65, like George.

Source:  http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/article-abstract/2647079

The bumper music song, "All I Have to Do is Dream" includes an alcohol reference.

136 or 142

Quote from: Jojo on September 29, 2017, 08:40:41 AM
Alcoholism is in the rise among celebrities and the general population.  Last month, The National Epidemiological Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions studied over 40,000 Americans and found that increases in Alcoholism now constitute a public health crisis, especially among women, minorities, and people over age 65, like George.

Source:  http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/article-abstract/2647079

The bumper music song, "All I Have to Do is Dream" includes an alcohol reference.

That song though was clearly a creepy reference to some fantasy romance between Linda Moulton-Howe and George Nori. 

ItsOver

I like her, so don't take this wrong.  But what does she do and what does George do while all these recorded interviews run?
Linda keeps talking, to herself, in her best monotone, and Jorch catches up on his nap time.

Zetaspeak

She's doing God's work. As in having Noory talk less or none at all

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 01, 2017, 10:32:38 PM
I'm not a Doyle devotee, nor do I know a great deal about the Ripper.  One thing I do find of interest is the book the guest coauthored (with a father, also a medical doctor) is apparently a work of fiction.  According to Amazon, the book recreates a tour of the Ripper murder scenes with Doyle acting as a "guide".  It is within the framework of that tour the authors make their case against Doyle.

A number of C2C guests put forward their ideas/conspiracies in works of fiction.  In my opinion, this is often done to pass off their shoddy, third rate research in novels, as opposed to nonfiction works.  By using the novel format, they are able to avoid those pesky footnotes and references to support their inferences and unsubstantiated theories. If this guest is to be believed, however, they have put together an impressive bibliography that supports their claims.  If my local library has the book, I'll give it a read and give an opinion here.

Read this book, not impressed.  It was at times a grind just to get through it.  The author made a much better argument for his "Doyle was the Ripper" claim on air with George than he  (and his father) did with the book.  The author was truthful about the extensive bibliography, but it's disjointed and not footnoted within the book's text.  While I am impressed by the research that went into this work, I think a better writer could have presented a credible case in a 3000-3500 word magazine article.

Swishypants

Quote from: ItsOver on September 29, 2017, 08:52:19 AM
Linda keeps talking, to herself, in her best monotone, and Jorch catches up on his nap time.

Linda pines for the days when she had a small, but fiercely masturbatory, captive audience of nerdy baby-boomer men to tease and rape under the azure glow of a UFO lava lamp.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 29, 2017, 07:20:48 AM

He's a communist. When your parents die we'd like a significant chunk of your estate, please. Also, no religion, comrade. Except for those oppressed Muslims. They can do whatever they want.  ;) ;D

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 29, 2017, 12:24:08 PM
Except for those oppressed Muslims. They can do whatever they want.  ;) ;D

Organized Religion is an exceptionally efficient social control mechanism. With regard to Christianity, the Catholic Church is where "Rome" retreated to once the empire became too multi-cultural to achieve a shard sense of tribal ownership. Jewdisim is mostly past on through the female members of the faith. Christianity has in large part been abandoned by the West. Islam on the other hand is a military duma disguised as an organized religion, and with an injection of intelligence through Muslim rape of European Women and eventual assimilation, can be brought under the control by the old-guard Monarchical families of Europe, and regulated by edicts through Imam's. Or at least that is what they think will happen. It's an efficient way to do away with the "Parliamentary Government" problem those families have had to contend with for the last 400 or so years. Globalism is just Neo-Feudalism on a massive scale.

ShayP

Quote from: TigerLily on September 29, 2017, 01:18:29 AM
George writes love letters to Linda then tears them up. Linda posts in George Noory Sucks under an anonymous user name

LMAO!!!  ;D

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 29, 2017, 02:05:12 AM

I was awakened from my slumber and immediately heard something about who would play LMH in a movie.  :o  I didn't pay attention since I had to pee.  :-[  I returned, and turned the radio off.

My problem is that I keep the radio on bedside all the time at a very low volume.  I should stop that.  ;)

Morgus

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2017, 05:22:24 PM
I was awakened from my slumber and immediately heard something about who would play LMH in a movie.  :o  I didn't pay attention since I had to pee.  :-[  I returned, and turned the radio off.
Noory suggested actress Jodie Foster, but Linda Howe didn't think she was anything like her.

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on September 29, 2017, 01:24:29 AM
Okee.. are you going to start a thread, then?

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2017, 05:22:24 PM

My problem is that I keep the radio on bedside all the time at a very low volume.  I should stop that.  ;)
I can record to a cell phone from earbuds hooked into radio.  It's a virtually silent process! Just do a preliminary sound check.