• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

analog kid

Quote from: Immy on April 01, 2013, 01:18:12 AM
Roger Leir replied to a question by the Knappster, saying "That's why I like talking to you George, you're a thinker." LMAO!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 01, 2013, 07:27:38 AM

Yeah, I loved that. One must wonder if that was a jab at sNoory. I tend to think it was.

Solid show by GK, again.  I really enjoy hearing from Dr Lier.

Those two are old friends so it would hardly be a jab, and Knapp is well respected in that realm. What struck me about that was that Knapp didn't reply to it. He rarely talks about himself and when given a compliment, either doesn't acknowledge it or moves on. Because he doesn't seem to be an egomaniac like most other radio hosts.

A researcher from Canada recently did an interview on another show, and went into Knapp's involvement in the UFO type lore starting in '89. Some stuff I wasn't aware of about Knapp's awesomeness.

Here's the relevant audio from the interview.

I'm skeptical about a lot of things but this subject matter has always been the bread and butter of Coast, with Knapp being the only qualified host left at the helm, and we're fortunate to still have him doing the show IMO.

For those who might enjoy some extra Knapp time, GK is the guest on this week's Paracast broadcast.  You can download the show for your listening pleasure at: http://www.theparacast.com/

RedMichael

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on April 15, 2013, 12:38:11 AM
For those who might enjoy some extra Knapp time, GK is the guest on this week's Paracast broadcast.  You can download the show for your listening pleasure at: http://www.theparacast.com/

His interview is awesome. Respect him more.

ItsOver

I'm glad he's back at bat this Sunday.  Just have to skip 6 nights of MoreCrap radio with Jorch Nooree and FrankenBong.

Quote from: RedMichael on April 15, 2013, 10:19:15 AM

His interview is awesome. Respect him more.

Indeed, that was a fantastic interview! I learned a lot about the Skin Walker Ranch that was unknown to me until I listened to this interview. Fascinating stuff. 

Nebraska888

Knapp is awesome.  Period.

ItsOver

I hope he's back on this coming Sunday. 

Morgus

I hope that last night Knapp was just off on one of his on location reporter assignments for his 'day job' as a Las Vegas TV reporter.

ItsOver

Did Wells say anything about "filling in for Knapp?"  If Knapp is permanently gone, I'm going to have to start a "C2C REALLY Sucks without George Knapp" thread.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on April 22, 2013, 02:30:32 PM
Did Wells say anything about "filling in for Knapp?"  If Knapp is permanently gone, I'm going to have to start a "C2C REALLY Sucks without George Knapp" thread.
yeah in the first hour last night, Wells made a quick reference for filling in for Knapp who was off for the night...

ItsOver

Great.  Thanks for the info, Morgus.  So most likely Knapp will be back this Sunday.  I like to flip the AM on Saturday nights for SIT with Art and then look forward to most Sunday nights with either Knapp or Punnett.  I count on missing only the one Sunday that Noory goofs-up.  One Sunday a month should be enough for a clown-fest.

Sleepwalker

That's good news.  Knapp and Ian are the only ones I can listen to.  I just can't handle Noory or Wells, no matter who they interview.

ItsOver

Yes, Noory just sucks and Wells inhales.

Sleepwalker

Finally, a capable, intelligent host tonight.  Looking forward to listening to Coast to Coast AM tonight.  What a shame Coast to Coast AM can't magically transform into five nights of The George Knapp Show.  Perhaps with Dan Aykroyd doing the weekend shows?  I know that's too much to hope for, but it would be great.

Histronic Fop

Knapp is fine, but the whistleblower show seems like it could be rather dull.  I'd just soon Knapp do a topic that is more, for lack of a better term, out there.

ItsOver

Agree.  I'd prefer Knapp stick to the paranormal/ strange disappearances/ ufo-type phenomena he does so well.  We get the old Art "bread-and-butter" type topics less and less as it is and Knapp only a few times a month.  Leave all the other topics for the incompetent hosts.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Histronic Fop on April 28, 2013, 09:53:31 AM
Knapp is fine, but the whistleblower show seems like it could be rather dull.  I'd just soon Knapp do a topic that is more, for lack of a better term, out there.

I COMPLETELY AGREE........disappointing.......

Wells is TOTALLY enthralled with conspiracies, government crap, how the "every day" man is getting screwed.......etc..etc........yawn :P  yawn :P ...... I am sick to death of his topics and he has ruined the dark, spooky, strange weekend nights that we all used to love with Art.  Good grief, who wants to lay in bed and get all worked up about how the world is screwing us over.......WE ALREADY KNOW THAT, AND WE DON'T WANT TO BE REMINDED ON THE WEEKENDS!  GEEZ!!!!!
After two consecutive nights of this stuff we need some "out there" topic.  Sadly,  Knapp's show looks like more of the same (government fraud, conspiracy, cover-up etc...etc....) 

Enough already!!!!  We are being ALEX JONES' TO DEATH!

If anyone is interested, here's an original news story about the disappearance and subsequent finding of Paul Joseph Fronczak, tonight's second half guest.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=336&dat=19660617&id=a9BSAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2H8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6918,4028536

KNAPP NIGHT!

However, not sure about the subject matter to be discussed. I have a feeling it may digress into another Bush bashing session. We shall see.

Wells may harp on the same stuff too much and ruin the legacy of the show, but his topics are very relevant.

eddie dean

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 28, 2013, 11:00:37 PM
KNAPP NIGHT!

However, not sure about the subject matter to be discussed. I have a feeling it may digress into another Bush bashing session. We shall see.

I've spent most of my life trying to find a bush to bash!
:)
Sorry I couldn't resist a setup that easy  ;D

My opinion of Knapp just dropped a bit. I can`t even believe he put that left-wing, political hack on the show for a 30 minute infomercial of his films.

For f***s sake, George, what happen to thinking critically?

Morgus

I had hoped tonight that Knapp would have whistleblowers on regarding UFOs and ETs, like Bob Lazar.

Quote from: Morgus on April 28, 2013, 11:47:17 PM
I had hoped tonight that Knapp would have whistleblowers on regarding UFOs and ETs, like Bob Lazar.

$$$$$$

ziznak

Yeah I'm finding tonights show to be less than stimulating.

Scully

I'm just checking in here to see if it's just me or if Knapp's show is really as boring tonight as it seemed to me for as long as I could tolerate listening to it. 

Apparently it's not just me.  Trying to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. ???

Histronic Fop

I presumed that whistleblowers were the topic of the entire show, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the second half of the show concerned itself with the real life mystery of Paul Joseph Fronczak, who, through a bizarre series of events that happened when he was a baby, recently found out that he is really not Fronczak, and is seeking his true identity with the help of George Knapp.

My favorite exchange came early on in the interview:

KNAPP: "It's funny, Paul, but you were a listener of Coast To Coast before we even met, correct?"

FRONCZAK: "Yeah, during the Art Bell days, yeah."

Hee!

VtaGeezer

I don't think Knapp is immune to Prem Radio's not-so-subtle shifting of C2C from UFOs/paranormal/oddity talk to political talk. I expect a lot more of this kind of programming.  And if Knapp doesn't like it, we know whose waiting in the wings.

ItsOver

You're no doubt correct, VtaG.  In my alternate universe, it would be nice to see Knapp pick his own guests and topics.  It would certainly be a lot more creative and entertaining than this crap the PremRat stooges are churning out.  I wonder how much longer Knapp will serve under the PremRat regime.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on April 29, 2013, 01:00:34 PM
You're no doubt correct, VtaG.  In my alternate universe, it would be nice to see Knapp pick his own guests and topics.  It would certainly be a lot more creative and entertaining than this crap the PremRat stooges are churning out.  I wonder how much longer Knapp will serve under the PremRat regime.
maybe Knapp took last Sunday off when Wells filled in due to some kind of protest regarding the guest(s) they had originally lined up?  8)