George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: bootyscoot falcon on April 13, 2013, 01:06:05 AM
George asks (about the BEK's): "could they be human ouija boards?"

No Jorch, they're actually human portals.  ::)

sleeplessinca

Quote from: bigchucka on April 13, 2013, 07:03:36 PM

If only Gordon Ramsay could turn around failing radio shows like he sometimes can do for failing restaurants.....

Just pictured in my mind some of the things that Gordon would probably tell him, and that gave me a chuckle....

That is awesome - it couldn't hurt...

Ramsey:  You stupid donkey, he just answered that.  Follow it up! Listen - Talk to each other.  C'mon now.

mombird3

I like that idea. I love the Food Network.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: sleeplessinca on April 13, 2013, 07:20:13 AM
Did I dream that Snoorey is auctioning off a dinner with him for a charity? 

I looked here on Coastgab to see if the posters were going wild - but it must have been a dream/nightmare.  The possibility of dining on soggy 7-11 sandwiches and lukewarm pizza rolls or actually eating anything with him is revolting.

No dream, only a nightmare because it's true.  As someone else said, Tommie will probably be along too, so it's a double nightmare.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 13, 2013, 04:48:13 PM
... As far as George's questions, I think it has always been pretty apparent he has a preset script of questions he's created, and is so intent on asking the next one that he doesn't really pay attention to what was just said.

I think you also have to consider he has Tommy or someone talking in his ear a lot of the time, giving directions and information possibly.

George shouldn't have any more distractions that any other radio show host.  If Tommy is constantly yapping in his ear it's because Geoge either wants him to be or needs him to be.  They have all day to go over any contigency, they've been working together for 10 years.  Tommy should be able to do whatever it is Gerorge wants him to without interrupting during the show, and George should be able to figure out what he needs to be doing without Tommy telling him.

What is it that needs to be constantly updated and discussed all show long that can't wait until the next break, instead of listening to the guest or caller?

Why is this unique to a George Noory show?

GNS

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 14, 2013, 12:01:00 AM

George shouldn't have any more distractions that any other radio show host.  If Tommy is constantly yapping in his ear it's because Geoge either wants him to be or needs him to be.  They have all day to go over any contigency, they've been working together for 10 years.  Tommy should be able to do whatever it is Gerorge wants him to without interrupting during the show, and George should be able to figure out what he needs to be doing without Tommy telling him.

What is it that needs to be constantly updated and discussed all show long that can't wait until the next break, instead of listening to the guest or caller?

Why is this unique to a George Noory show?

GNS

Good questions.  I don't know the answers.  I think he's mentioned before he has Tom making random comments in his earpiece a lot.  Often food related I think.  Probably during the phone-in segment he's getting told to take the next call and summaries of the prescreen conversation.  I need to believe George has some good reason for being so bad.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 14, 2013, 12:43:35 AM
Good questions.  I don't know the answers.  I think he's mentioned before he has Tom making random comments in his earpiece a lot.  Often food related I think.  Probably during the phone-in segment he's getting told to take the next call and summaries of the prescreen conversation.  I need to believe George has some reason for being so bad.

Heh, those questions were mostly rhetorical.  The answers are George is lazy, isn't interested, and doesn't care.  During the show he'd rather interact with Tommy than the guest.  I'm sure he hates his job.

George claims he's been interested in this stuff since he's been a kid.  Yet he never asks the kind of questions a truly interested person would ask, let alone the obvious follow up.  Last night it was reported here that he 'just gets' Physics, 'like Michio Kaku'.  I don't even have to say that from his comments and questions over the years, when it comes to Physics he doesn't even know the simple definitions or common concepts. 

It isn't enough that George sucks at his job and has ruined the show.  By making these sorts of comments, George just begs for a site like this to exist.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 14, 2013, 01:02:36 AM

George claims he's been interested in this stuff since he's been a kid.  Yet he never asks the kind of questions a truly interested person would ask, let alone the obvious follow up. 

This is what is one of my biggest complaints with Snoory.  A guest will just start to get interesting, and build up to some big revelation/point, and Georgie will either interrupt and or just go right on to the next 3X5 question and you're like yelling at the radio going you moron, ask the follow-up!!!!  Or, let the guest finish his thought you idiot!!!

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 14, 2013, 01:02:36 AM

Last night it was reported here that he 'just gets' Physics, 'like Michio Kaku'.  I don't even have to say that from his comments and questions over the years, when it comes to Physics he doesn't even know the simple definitions or common concepts. 

Yeah, I posted that.  He actually said it.  He said physics is just in his gut.  As an aside, I HATE when he always asks a guest, "What's your gut tell you?"... It's in his gut and he just gets it, like Michio Kaku.  His intellectual capacity is so far from Michio's it's not even funny.  They were most likely equal when Dr. Kaku was like six, maybe younger.

George loves to tell his astrophysics guests that as a preteen he looked up into the sky and thought (paraphrased) "There must be MILL-LIONS of other solar systems out there.  Now how did I know that? I was only 12 [or whatever age he says].  How would a little kid know that? You know, everybody was looking at Mars or Venus or the Moon.  No one was talking about other Solar Systems!"

What a genius.  What a mastery of physics!

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 14, 2013, 02:02:41 AM
George loves to tell his astrophysics guests that as a preteen he looked up into the sky and thought (paraphrased) "There must be MILL-LIONS of other solar systems out there.  Now how did I know that? I was only 12 [or whatever age he says].  How would a little kid know that? You know, everybody was looking at Mars or Venus or the Moon.  No one was talking about other Solar Systems!"

What a genius.  What a mastery of physics!
Yeah.  My favorite way to explain the incredible intelligence of Snoory is this - Dr. Kaku would be discussing the universe, worm holes, dark matter, etc. for several minutes and then George would interrupt and say, "Ishn't it neato how shtars shparkle at night?" (with intentional added "h's" for marble mouth's pronunciations).

Pragmier

Quote from: sleeplessinca on April 13, 2013, 05:22:15 PM
My dad was a radar tech on the southern coast of GB during WW2.  He turns 90 this May.  My icon is in his honor.

He has lots of great stories of what he feels was the most exciting part of his life and one some of you might like involves a buzzbomb.  He was driving on top of a berm and having the time of his life because he rarely got to drive.  Just then someone in the vehicle said to get off the road.  He did just in time to see a buzzbomb go by.  He said it flew about 4 or 5 feet above the road.  He was close enough to see the rivets. It made a terrible racket - which is a good thing because the thing blows up when the noise stops.

They would also see squadrons of Axis planes headed for London - they went right over the top secret radar nstallation and didn't seem to know what it was.  He also would hear the giant guns fire across the English Channel.  He has so many awesome stories.

Thanks for sharing this and I salute your dad.

Gay

Here's George and Tommy from a CNBC special about 2012

George Noory On CNBC-HD

3 points:

1) Not only does George claim to be a physicist, apparently he's also a psychiatrist

2) George shows that he was completely full of shit on 2012.  He said it would be a rough ride. What a clown.

3) Tommy works in a little shack (which probably reeks of week-old farts) with technology from 1986.

ItsOver

Quote from: sleeplessinca on April 13, 2013, 07:20:13 AM
Did I dream that Snoorey is auctioning off a dinner with him for a charity? 

I looked here on Coastgab to see if the posters were going wild - but it must have been a dream/nightmare.  The possibility of dining on soggy 7-11 sandwiches and lukewarm pizza rolls or actually eating anything with him is revolting.

Dinner with Jorch and Tommy.  What a delight that would be.  Jorch rambling on about what a swell guy he is and spitting in your food as he talks, while Tommy is fingering the rest of your plate.   :P

Quote from: Gay on April 14, 2013, 11:03:15 AM

3) Tommy works in a little shack (which probably reeks of week-old farts) with technology from 1986.

Tommy's space is spotless, no trash, nothing out of place.  He mst be a stickler for cleaning and tidyness.

ItsOver

All the buttons and switches on Tommy's gear no doubt have a special, "tactile" feel after years of fast food abuse.

VtaGeezer

I almost recall Bell talking about BEKs, but I'm not certain. BEKs would have been right up AB's alley; like the silly-ass "shadow people" that he use as a trolling lure for idiots. 

Falkie2013

The only physics the Snoorge knows is what happens when he takes Ex-Lax.

Laurakinch

I ran across this most disturbing vid of the noron today. There is something very wrong with this man- he truly appears to have a severe personality disorder.

George Noory Interview - Host Of Coast To Coast Speaks Out

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Laurakinch on April 14, 2013, 11:11:40 PM
I ran across this most disturbing vid of the noron today. There is something very wrong with this man- he truly appears to have a severe personality disorder.

The second he utters, "Hi Megan" he just emits a creepy and slimy vibe. 

Gay

The same user posted this video of a guy asking George what happened to Art Bell.  Notice the freaked out blink when he gets asked and the way he licks his lips- which every body language expert will tell you is the number 1 tell of a liar.

George Noory Comments On What Happened To Art Bell....

At the risk of alienating everyone, I don't really see anything wrong with those interviews apart from the fact that Noory is not a good looking man and the weird little bit about how he told the woman all the stars had burned out, showing an ability to lie for his personal amusement.  Oh, and they stole the theme song from the Simpsons.

coaster

George goes from saying he doesnt know what Art is doing, to saying Art is enjoying retirement.

RedMichael

I will say he is sharp enough in interviews (even though I doubt there is one question someone could ask him he won't answer hundreds of times a year) that there is no excuse for his poor interviews.

Tara

Re:  the sNoory videos above:  I did investigative work for many years and learned to size people up during the thousands of interviews I've done.  sNoory strikes me as very insincere; he gives canned responses to questions; his facial expressions seemed forced, I wouldn't trust him as far as I can spit.

I bet sNoory would fail a lie detector test if asked what he really thinks of Art Bell, his listeners, and most C2C topics.  Only when he discusses alternative health and certain conspiracy theories do I sense any interest that is not feigned. 

RedMichael

I meant he is sharp enough in those linked interviews where he was asked questions. Sharp enough that there is no reason for his horrid interviews on C2C.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Laurakinch on April 14, 2013, 11:11:40 PM

i'm not sure how disturbing it is necessarily, but wow does he look old.

coaster

When Noory mentioned Art's age, he made it sound like Art was ancient and that he himself was in his 30's or something. George, you are 62. That wont change, no matter how much hair dye you use.

ManiacMatt

I've heard that farmer story from Noory several times.  That's his go-to story for interviews.

It's funny when he scrunches up his face and says, "I don't know why I did that" and the interviewer says, "awesome".  She obviously went to the Noory school of journalism.