• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

sleeplessinca

Extra sorry about my re-reply but it looks like I'm in a time portal cuz the topic was from last year.  I go now.

Quote from: sleeplessinca on April 13, 2013, 07:20:13 AM
Did I dream that Snoorey is auctioning off a dinner with him for a charity? 

I looked here on Coastgab to see if the posters were going wild - but it must have been a dream/nightmare.  The possibility of dining on soggy 7-11 sandwiches and lukewarm pizza rolls or actually eating anything with him is revolting.

How about a ride in a parade with him, then?

sleeplessinca

Admittedly shameful display of my lack of life or desperate need to know if I had slipped into Snoorey's portal - I researched this thing further.   

It is true and actually kind of funny cuz there is this long list of cool trips to meet really interesting people and then there is our guy at the very end all by himself.  So pathetic.

He has three bids and is rockin' $650 for the Red Cross.  Look - his shoes match his hair!
Dinner for 2 with Radio Host George Noory at Morton’s in Burbank, CA

Falkie2013

I'd pay $ 650 to never have to see Noory's face anywhere on the internet again.

Quote from: sleeplessinca on April 13, 2013, 07:52:18 AM
Here's the link in case anyone wants in on this...

Get Prepared California

What happens if someone bids, wins, and the Snoorge looks so different in person the winning bidder doesn't recognize him?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on April 13, 2013, 02:14:53 AM
Oh brother.  George just said the caller may have been his son cause who knows what he did in his earlier days!  Now he thinks he was a Casanova too with who knows how many illigitimate kids...

Was the caller half goat?

Pragmier

From the life imitates art dept: GN has changed so much I can't tell if it's the "real" him or one of Ziznak's creations. He has become Loosy Noory.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: bootyscoot falcon on April 13, 2013, 02:16:43 AM

My bad. I always thought one "launched" rockets or missiles and "dropped" bombs.

They were kind of both. Rockets packed with explosives. They weren't targeted precisely: they were given a precise amount of fuel to get them where they were going, then they just literally dropped out of the sky. My mother was in London during the war and would talk about hearing their dull drone passing overhead. She said you started to worry when it went quiet, which meant the fuel was spent and they would be starting to fall to earth. You'd wait for the explosion and hope it wasn't near you.

VtaGeezer

Looks like Noory got drafted by KFI, one of his biggest stations, for the Red Cross gig along with all of their talk hosts. And none of them have any bids over the minimum. 

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on April 13, 2013, 10:20:31 AM

They were kind of both. Rockets packed with explosives. They weren't targeted precisely: they were given a precise amount of fuel to get them where they were going, then they just literally dropped out of the sky. My mother was in London during the war and would talk about hearing their dull drone passing overhead. She said you started to worry when it went quiet, which meant the fuel was spent and they would be starting to fall to earth. You'd wait for the explosion and hope it wasn't near you.

Wow. I had no idea about this. I guess I have (tangentially) learned something from George! Thanks for the cool (albeit frightening) story!

Quote from: stevesh on April 13, 2013, 10:31:53 AM
Hard to imagine - zoom out for the real effect:

http://www.bombsight.org/#15/51.5050/-0.0900

This is an incredible representation- I just showed it to my wife, who teaches European History (even more shameful that I didn't know about buzz bombs, as I had to sheepishly admit to her)- she's going to use this link in her class.

onan

here is a representation of the V1

And the V2

This is so much more interesting than noory.

GNS

RedMichael

I'd pay good money for him to meet me for dinner on the bad side of town. I wouldn't show up.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 13, 2013, 08:11:11 AM

What happens if someone bids, wins, and the Snoorge looks so different in person the winning bidder doesn't recognize him?

Well, I'd say if they bid and win, they actually lose.  If Snoorge looks so different in person the bidder doesn't recognize him and leaves, then they win.

Morgus

I seem to recall Noory was up for bid for a similar KFI stunt with others a few years back too.
He ended up with the smallest final bid for all the smaller celebrities listed I think...

Pragmier

Quote from: bootyscoot falcon on April 13, 2013, 11:32:37 AM

This is an incredible representation-

It sure is! Thanks for the link Stevesh. I've read it was Hitler's decision to switch from military to civilian bombing which sealed his fate in the battle of Britain. Things might have turned out much different if the rockets were developed just a couple of years sooner.

ziznak

Quote from: Pragmier on April 13, 2013, 03:11:24 PM

It sure is! Thanks for the link Stevesh. I've read it was Hitler's decision to switch from military to civilian bombing which sealed his fate in the battle of Britain. Things might have turned out much different if the rockets were developed just a couple of years sooner.
I watched history channels WWII from space the other day.  Hitler made so many horrible decisions.  It was really interesting to see them all lined up and summarized.  He and Noory have some sort of kindship.  They also look alike.

Quote from: Morgus on April 13, 2013, 03:04:47 PM
I seem to recall Noory was up for bid for a similar KFI stunt with others a few years back too.
He ended up with the smallest final bid for all the smaller celebrities listed I think...

As I recall (and I may not have this totally correct), George kind of opted out of having a dinner with someone and instead let them watch a live broadcast of coast to coast (yay!).

Quote from: ziznak on April 13, 2013, 03:51:10 PM
I watched history channels WWII from space the other day.  Hitler made so many horrible decisions.  It was really interesting to see them all lined up and summarized.  He and Noory have some sort of kindship.  They also look alike.

I think you're giving Georgie boy wayyyy too much credit.  HItler's mistakes were relying too much on superweapons, attacking the Soviet Union in the Winter, disregaring important intelligence in favour of his intution, and generally biting off more than he could chew.  Nonetheless he did demonstrate great insight, organizational skills and charisma.  Noory's inabilities seem to be much more intrinsic to his being.  But, at least he isn't a genocidal maniac even if he laughs at inappropriate times and rudely cuts off callers.

Quote from: Morgus on April 13, 2013, 03:04:47 PM

I wonder if he brings his cue cards with him.  I'd be shocked if Tommy wasn't along.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ziznak on April 13, 2013, 03:51:10 PM
I watched history channels WWII from space the other day.  Hitler made so many horrible decisions.  It was really interesting to see them all lined up and summarized.

Absolutely. To the extent that it is said that Churchill had stopped concerning himself with Hitler from about 1943. He was so certain Hitler would be defeated by his own incompetence, he was reported to be annoyed by the failed assassination attempts for fear a successful attempt might result in a more able leader replacing him. His focus was all on Stalin in the latter years: he could see that the race to Berlin was really about control of Europe as much as the defeat of Hitler. Indeed, as the war entered its final weeks in 1945, he was advocating declaring war on the Soviets immediately to deal with Stalin and prevent Eastern and Central Europe coming under his control.

And, yes, the first doodlebug did not hit London until the summer of 1944 when the D-Day landings had already taken place. A year or two earlier might have made a difference.

By the way, it may well be that the BEKs thing is BS, but they creep us the heck out, perhaps more than any other subject on Coast! Noory was floundering throughout: a string of inane questions. Also a quintessential illustration of him paying no attention. Weatherly, in describing the BEKs' eyes, likened them to the eyes of the grey aliens. In very short order, literally a few questions later, The Idiot starts asking about their eyes and asks if they look like the eyes of grey aliens. His fundamental inability to do his job really is breathtaking.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on April 13, 2013, 04:40:35 PM
...By the way, it may well be that the BEKs thing is BS, but they creep us the heck out, perhaps more than any other subject on Coast! Noory was floundering throughout: a string of inane questions. Also a quintessential illustration of him paying no attention. Weatherly, in describing the BEKs' eyes, likened them to the eyes of the grey aliens. In very short order, literally a few questions later, The Idiot starts asking about their eyes and asks if they look like the eyes of grey aliens. His fundamental inability to do his job really is breathtaking.

I have heard this guy on Coast before telling the same stories.  I think it's a pretty classic sort of Coast topic -- one of true strangeness that can't really be proven or disproved, but intriguing enough to make you wonder. 

As far as George's questions, I think it has always been pretty apparent he has a preset script of questions he's created, and is so intent on asking the next one that he doesn't really pay attention to what was just said.

I think you also have to consider he has Tommy or someone talking in his ear a lot of the time, giving directions and information possibly.

I miss the days when it was just Art and a microphone.

sleeplessinca

My dad was a radar tech on the southern coast of GB during WW2.  He turns 90 this May.  My icon is in his honor.

He has lots of great stories of what he feels was the most exciting part of his life and one some of you might like involves a buzzbomb.  He was driving on top of a berm and having the time of his life because he rarely got to drive.  Just then someone in the vehicle said to get off the road.  He did just in time to see a buzzbomb go by.  He said it flew about 4 or 5 feet above the road.  He was close enough to see the rivets. It made a terrible racket - which is a good thing because the thing blows up when the noise stops.

They would also see squadrons of Axis planes headed for London - they went right over the top secret radar nstallation and didn't seem to know what it was.  He also would hear the giant guns fire across the English Channel.  He has so many awesome stories.

coastgab1

Used to listen to AB in the 90's, GN sucks,and I never listen to him. Thank goodness for shoutcast.

sleeplessinca

As for dinner with George...      What if he whips out conversations cue cards?

"How are EEEEEEWWWWWWYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU?"

"What are you doing these days?"

"What is your favoritest C2C show?"

"Have you seen a UFO/bigfoot/ghost/portal/angel?"

"What does it all mean?"

"My aunt, Mergatroid McDooful, wrote a book about psychic stuff."

"I'm very intuitive and much better than other people - I may even be an indigo person if that is really cool and rare ----- and you aren't."

"I eat turmeric? do you eat turmeric? Do they use turmeric in the food here?"

I could go on.... but frankly, you would probably get less indigestion eating at Hells Kitchen.

RedMichael

"George you have soup all over your mustache."

"There are no coincidences."

bigchucka

Quote from: sleeplessinca on April 13, 2013, 05:31:52 PM

I could go on.... but frankly, you would probably get less indigestion eating at Hells Kitchen.

If only Gordon Ramsay could turn around failing radio shows like he sometimes can do for failing restaurants.....

Just pictured in my mind some of the things that Gordon would probably tell him, and that gave me a chuckle....