• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

crankshaft

Does anyone know for sure if RCH is planning on having a live show anytime this coming weekend?

RCH's website is such a mess and sucks up so much bandwidth that I dare not try to load it. And even when I use proxies based in obscure countries and offshore locations, I still can't tell if he has thrown in the towel yet or is planning on attempting at least one more live show.

Thanks.

zeebo

Been going through my old Art shows lately, and there was one where Hoagie was scandalized by some NASA announcement on Europa.  He wanted the Coast audience to start mass calling/faxing ABC news to put some kind of pressure on.  Anyway the funny part was in typical Half-Ass Hoagie style, he didn't actually have the direct number with him, so instead he just gave out the general number for Information and instructed millions of Art's listeners to call in at once to get the same stupid number.

astroguy

Quote from: zeebo on March 09, 2018, 10:56:19 PM
Been going through my old Art shows lately, and there was one where Hoagie was scandalized by some NASA announcement on Europa.  He wanted the Coast audience to start mass calling/faxing ABC news to put some kind of pressure on.  Anyway the funny part was in typical Half-Ass Hoagie style, he didn't actually have the direct number with him, so instead he just gave out the general number for Information and instructed millions of Art's listeners to call in at once to get the same stupid number.
Airdate? April 09, 1997?

zeebo

Quote from: astroguy on March 09, 2018, 11:00:54 PM
Airdate? April 09, 1997?

Close I have it as 4/25/97, first hour.  I laughed when I recognized the number.  I wonder if it's still around.

Does anyone know the Airdate of show where they talked about the Old Navy Stores...

ShayP

Quote from: crankshaft on March 09, 2018, 02:41:39 PM
Does anyone know for sure if RCH is planning on having a live show anytime this coming weekend?

RCH's website is such a mess and sucks up so much bandwidth that I dare not try to load it. And even when I use proxies based in obscure countries and offshore locations, I still can't tell if he has thrown in the towel yet or is planning on attempting at least one more live show.

Thanks.

This place seems familiar.  ;)

Cheers everybody!

expat

Quote from: AlternativeSide on March 10, 2018, 08:55:16 AM
Does anyone know the Airdate of show where they talked about the Old Navy Stores...

Gawd, that was ages ago. Hoagland latched on to the fact that some shirts were on sale for $19.50. Totally ridiculous.

astroguy

Europa:  Going back to 1997, I'm okay with 2 weeks' difference, close enough!  It's possible one of ours is labeled wrong, or that he discussed it twice.

Old Navy:  Based on an archive of Snopes, it appears sometime around March 1998, based on their archive of a source being a link to the Lunar Anomalies site from March 1998 (which no longer exists, I'm getting that from the URL).  Based on a link from RationalWiki to a YouTube labeled as September 2, 1998, it might instead be from then.  Or, just something that Hoagland decided was worth milking for nearly a year.  Which is plausible since the YouTube clip starts with a letter from a listener asking for a follow-up.  You should listen to the clip, it's amazing.  It's as though Richard at the time was thinking, "Okay, let's see how far I can push people until they know I'm a shyster ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfEeIkihOB4

crankshaft

Quote from: ShayP on March 10, 2018, 10:30:08 AM

This place seems familiar.  ;)

Cheers everybody!

Thanks.

Now we know that RCH is planning at least one more show before throwing in the towel.

The penultimate queston is: "Will RCH manage to claw his way back up into the air tonight?"

Will there be braaps enough and tasty sprinklings enough of dead air and technical difficulties tonight?

ShayP

Quote from: crankshaft on March 10, 2018, 02:23:41 PM
Thanks.

Now we know that RCH is planning at least one more show before throwing in the towel.

The penultimate queston is: "Will RCH manage to claw his way back up into the air tonight?"

Will there be braaps enough and tasty sprinklings enough of dead air and technical difficulties tonight?

I'm tempted to listen for the first time in a very, very long time.  Typically Hoagie bails on the rare occasion where I do want to join in the fun.  Therefore I probably jinxed the show.  :-\

zeebo

Quote from: astroguy on March 10, 2018, 12:51:13 PM
Europa:  Going back to 1997, I'm okay with 2 weeks' difference, close enough!  It's possible one of ours is labeled wrong, or that he discussed it twice.

It was right after a NASA announcement that Europa was dropped as a mission candidate.  (Robert Ghostwolf was the second guest btw.) 

Art was in disbelief, but RCH, although annoyed, was not surprised given it was in line with standard suppression protocols he'd identified earlier with Mars and the Moon.  He put the blame equally on a handful of NASA elites and the American People who were more concerned with frivolous pop culture matters, rather than the truth vis-a-vis the model.

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on March 10, 2018, 04:20:01 PM
I'm tempted to listen for the first time in a very, very long time.  Typically Hoagie bails on the rare occasion where I do want to join in the fun.  Therefore I probably jinxed the show.  :-\

Hey buddy, good to see you.  I didn't listen for many months and then caught a few shows here and there.  Depending on the guests, topics, technical difficulties, and if Hoagie actually shows up, there's still some kicks to be had.

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on March 10, 2018, 04:40:56 PM
Hey buddy, good to see you.

You too!  8)   It has been quite a while.  Hope all is well.  :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on March 10, 2018, 05:05:30 PM
You too!  8)   It has been quite a while.  Hope all is well.  :)

Hey Shay!  I was thinking of you earlier when I saw this.

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on March 10, 2018, 12:51:13 PM

Old Navy:  Based on an archive of Snopes, it appears sometime around March 1998, based on their archive of a source being a link to the Lunar Anomalies site from March 1998 (which no longer exists, I'm getting that from the URL).  Based on a link from RationalWiki to a YouTube labeled as September 2, 1998, it might instead be from then.  Or, just something that Hoagland decided was worth milking for nearly a year.  Which is plausible since the YouTube clip starts with a letter from a listener asking for a follow-up.  You should listen to the clip, it's amazing.  It's as though Richard at the time was thinking, "Okay, let's see how far I can push people until they know I'm a shyster ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfEeIkihOB4
But how Old Navy stores, the Masonic CIA, carrot gifts to the Pope and the Chinese moon mission naming, the naming of publicly disclosed NASA missions, the "Miami Circle," Pyramids, torsion fields, secret Antarctic goings-on, and  the 19.5 model all tie together??

astroguy

Quote from: albrecht on March 10, 2018, 06:30:21 PM
But how Old Navy stores, the Masonic CIA, carrot gifts to the Pope and the Chinese moon mission naming, the naming of publicly disclosed NASA missions, the "Miami Circle," Pyramids, torsion fields, secret Antarctic goings-on, and  the 19.5 model all tie together??
If he told you, he'd have to take at least 19.5 hours to do so, and ask "boys and girls" at least 33 questions per hour.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2018, 05:41:42 PM
Hey Shay!  I was thinking of you earlier when I saw this.

LOL!

Hey GS!  8)   Alas, I did not partake in the McRib this time.  The local Mickey D's was lax in getting it out on time.  I became disenchanted, and quite frankly disinterested.  I put the McRib behind me...forever.

Hoegee

Quote from: ShayP on March 10, 2018, 09:38:00 PM
LOL!

Hey GS!  8)   Alas, I did not partake in the McRib this time.  The local Mickey D's was lax in getting it out on time.  I became disenchanted, and quite frankly disinterested.  I put the McRib behind me...forever.

Another expulsion from Paradise.   :(

Quote from: albrecht

"It's in the data!"

pate

Right, I think I am listening to the live-stream.  Clogging up the 'tubes or whathaveyou.

I have a quart (19.5 hoagian ounces) of beer left and my ears oar on for braaps.

It's http://stream.theothersideofmidnight.com:8000/stream correct?

Is this live or the warm-up shoe? (I am wearing slippers, so may be over-dressed...)

Hoegee

Quote from: pate on March 10, 2018, 10:21:40 PM
Right, I think I am listening to the live-stream.  Clogging up the 'tubes or whathaveyou.

I have a quart (19.5 hoagian ounces) of beer left and my ears oar on for braaps.

It's http://stream.theothersideofmidnight.com:8000/stream correct?

Is this live or the warm-up shoe? (I am wearing slippers, so may be over-dressed...)

I think he started running previous shows (maybe the first hour?) on a loop on his own server.  Maybe this is the show from the 25th of February, when the liquor Smurf visited Hoagie and 'Mama Mars' received a field commision to command.

crankshaft

If RCH actually manages to claw his way back up into the airwaves, will there be enough braaps to go around?

pate

I sense a disturbance in the force, it seems to fluctuate at a level I have difficulty describing...

somewhere between 19 and 20 cycles per second.  Calibrating...

albrecht

Quote from: pate on March 10, 2018, 10:31:45 PM
It's goofball stuff, I hear Hoagie now..
Goofballs, that could explain some RCH behavior....

ShayP

Hoagie is still delusional..

My guest tonight, Dr. Joseph Farrell, has some provocative thoughts about what REALLY may be behind Elon's 21at Century "message in a bottle"... if not "ancient messages through time" in general.

I'll even share MY story ... of my own "interplanetary message in a bottle" that (with a little help from my friends, like Carl Sagan) I got NASA to actually send into space many decades ago ... which Gene Roddenberry then "blew up" in Star trek! 

pate

Hoag, I built a transitor radio one thyme.

You sound braapy

ShayP

I can't believe I'm here.  It kinda still has that 'new braaps smell.'  :D

pate

"Something is going on"  stealing Dave's lines, for shame

crankshaft

Quote from: albrecht on March 10, 2018, 11:01:03 PM
Goofballs, that could explain some RCH behavior....

Yes. That was a mixture of LSD, cocaine, and heroin, for injection, wasn't it?