• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Spirit Box: Fake or Real?

Started by 21st Century Man, September 01, 2017, 10:52:52 PM

I watch some scopes where people use The Spirit Box.  It just sounds like radio stations coming in to me.  It also seems to me to be an audio form of pareidolia.  Yet on occasion,  there does seem to be some form of legitimate message or response to questions.  I'm inclined to say it is 95% bs but 5% real.

Here is an example of a spirit box session.  Just skip to 35 minutes and listen to a few responses from the Spirit Box.  Mostly bunk, I say. What do you think?

https://www.pscp.tv/seandaustin/1yoJMpMYaEjGQ?t=3

Now I do have this cool app on my android called Ghost Radar Connect.  It spouts out words on occasion allegedly from the other side. Because of some the responses I've had,  I'm convinced it is legitimate.  Like one time I was showing the app to a friend at his house and the app said "fall" and across the room, a broom fell immediately afterwards.  No one was near it.  I've had other responses that seem to confirm its legitimacy.

Juan

Back in the 90s there was a great audio shareware program called Cool Edit. I used it a lot and became familiar with the sound of the reverb presets. Art would have some of these ghost voice people on and their ghostly voices sounded exactly like a normal voice processed through a Cool Edit reverb.
I still use Cool  Edit, BTW, and not the bastardized version Adobe sells as Audition.
My answer - some fake, some audio pareidolla.

Lord Grantham

If it were possible to communicate to the dead through radio static, or voices from the dead could be picked up by microphones and recording devices there wouldn't be any debate about it. It would be common knowledge, it would happen constantly and it would become an annoyance anytime you tried to record anything.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on September 02, 2017, 05:34:07 AM
If it were possible to communicate to the dead through radio static, or voices from the dead could be picked up by microphones and recording devices there wouldn't be any debate about it. It would be common knowledge, it would happen constantly and it would become an annoyance anytime you tried to record anything.

Shit, man! I tried to record those Dylan bootlegs you loaned me but I had the sound down while I was doing it because I was also watching TV. Then I go to listen to them a week later and there's this fucking dead talking all through it, telling me about the times he saw Dylan and how much better things were in the 60s. Fucking hippie!  ::)