• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

I think Robin's death has finished off Hoagie  :(

She probably did everything for him and who knows about their finances, the house in NM is in her name but who knows how much equity they had. He could be destitute. Remember they had to beg for money when their dog was dying.

AZZERAE

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 09, 2019, 02:08:40 AM
I think Robin's death has finished off Hoagie  :(

She probably did everything for him and who knows about their finances, the house in NM is in her name but who knows how much equity they had. He could be destitute. Remember they had to beg for money when their dog was dying.

Your concern is touching.

Morgus

Hoagie is scheduled for Saturday night's show, but as the guest rather than the host...

Juan

I’ve lost track. Where does one listen to his show now?

expat

That subterranean rumbling noise we all heard last night was Carl Sagan, rolling over in his grave as Hoagland once again made the totally false and scandalous claim to have co-created the Pioneer plaque with Sagan.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on June 23, 2019, 09:20:07 AM
That subterranean rumbling noise we all heard last night was Carl Sagan, rolling over in his grave as Hoagland once again made the totally false and scandalous claim to have co-created the Pioneer plaque with Sagan.

I bet when Sagan was creating it he asked Hoagie’s opinion on some minor aspect of it and in his mind that was enough to qualify for co-creator.

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 23, 2019, 10:01:54 AM
I bet when Sagan was creating it he asked Hoagie’s opinion on some minor aspect of it and in his mind that was enough to qualify for co-creator.

Not even. The idea was Eric Burgess's. When Eric approached Sagan with it, Hoagland was merely tagging along.

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on June 21, 2019, 01:21:04 PM
Hoagie is scheduled for Saturday night's show, but as the guest rather than the host...

Is this Myke's infamous "loving Laura" who prefers being tossed around hotel rooms? Inquiring minds and all of that...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: WOTR on June 23, 2019, 11:04:41 AM
Is this Myke's infamous "loving Laura" who prefers being tossed around hotel rooms? Inquiring minds and all of that...

Yes. The side boob queen.

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 23, 2019, 11:37:11 AM
Yes. The side boob queen.
Thanks. I figured that was her. Hope she manages to sneak in some Jungian comments...

WOTR

Quote from: Zenman on June 23, 2019, 06:07:23 PM
What time, where to listen, dare I ask?
It would appear that we have all missed it? Saturday, June 22nd... If nobody even on BG heard it, you have to wonder what the numbers were? 5 people heard the live stream? Maybe it's available as a recorded podcast to his three remaining subscribers?

Quote from: WOTR on June 23, 2019, 06:35:33 PM
It would appear that we have all missed it? Saturday, June 22nd... If nobody even on BG heard it, you have to wonder what the numbers were? 5 people heard the live stream? Maybe it's available as a recorded podcast to his three remaining subscribers?

MY GOD, Myke's former fling! the sliver-haired fox strikes again.

WOTR

Quote from: Richard Groyper on June 23, 2019, 06:42:04 PM
MY GOD, Myke's former fling! the sliver-haired fox strikes again.
Indeed. You ahve to wonder if Hoagie got to show her how a real man tosses a woman around a hotel room (or broadcast studio)?

Quote from: WOTR on June 23, 2019, 06:48:54 PM
Indeed. You ahve to wonder if Hoagie got to show her how a real man tosses a woman around a hotel room (or broadcast studio)?

mfw i see an untossed woman in a hotel room...

[attachment=1]

Zenman

Quote from: WOTR on June 23, 2019, 06:35:33 PM

Hey, WOTR. It's weird, this feeling of disappointment and relief, lol.

Zenman

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 23, 2019, 06:48:46 PM
Guess not Z-man - it's good to see you around.

Good to see you, Walks. I guess it's not exactly a revival of The Golden Age of RCH, then. Oh well. Maybe The New Golden Age of HW will make up for it. 

WOTR

Quote from: Zenman on June 23, 2019, 06:58:55 PM
Hey, WOTR. It's weird, this feeling of disappointment and relief, lol.

Good to see you... I may try listening to it later tonight through Brigs link. I just don't know if it's worth the time...

I just about don't recognize you without your avatar.

Lilith

My God, what would the world do if NASA didn't create fake jobs, for the sake of employment?