• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: ponyboysunset on June 06, 2018, 08:26:09 AM
I speculate it could be her usefulness along with a lot of the stirring of the pot Lasha was doing. Hard to say but Heather has clearly moved onto someone she sees as being way more useful IMO. Often times people with her issues tend to see others as objects not actual people, again IMO.
ParticipatingintherealityofHeatherguy->Bateman->MV->Art->Joey->Lasha->Ira->???

Sean92008

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 06, 2018, 11:29:35 AM
Ummm...I haven't posted it yet so you can't have bid on it yet.

DS
These Heather-accepters are a stupid bunch.  Definitely a reflection of the mental deficiencies of their fearful leader.

Like so many of the previous Heather trolls, old Chad will probably discontinue the use of that account and move on to another one.

Whatever happened to PaulK and his special revelation?  Bait that didn't get any bites?

Sean92008

Forgive me, Good afternoon, Mr. Winnie.

DaveSchrader

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 06, 2018, 11:22:50 AM
When she called in to Dave, Dave brought up swirling rumors or something like that but quickly brushed it off with a harrumph.  She sounded to me like she she had a lot more to say on that subject. 

And she wanted to take calls from listeners.

We'd love to have Karen back but her audio was explosive and pegging and it couldn't be brought under control so I said our goodbyes and moved on until a date and time we can get back together.

DS

DaveSchrader

Interesting to read what people want or expect from a show or it's host.

If you only knew how may emails and comments I get about,
" Just get to the guest, nobody tunes in to hear the host blather on or try to paint a mental picture for an audience. Let the guest shine and if they are strong they will get us to where we want to go. Just just up and guide, don't insert yourself."

For the record, it is 11pm to 2am when I broadcast, from my home studio, all alone, with one single bulb illuminating my night. So it is Midnight for me....and although I do not live in the desert our show originated and it's cornerstone station is there.

As far as the way I host, I try to show respect for the topics and guests. Solid guests are often retisent to do shows like ours for fear of being ridiculed, treated tongue in cheek like most main stream media.

To let ones Hair Down, one must have hair. Lol

But in all seriousness, when we cut loose on Darkness Radio we get compared to college radio and told to act more polished, professional.  Again, a case of half the people want it one way, half a totally different way.

It's funny as I read how much people disliked Heather or her hosting then get told that they prefer the way she hosted and her "trainwreck" approach.

The good thing is, we coexist. If you like train wreck radio you have a place to go for it, if you want some one to treat the topics with respect, prepared and able to move a 3 hour conversation without the need to cry, seek pity or blather on about cats and treat listeners with respect even when we disagree, then you have a show for that too.

I will continue to read constructive criticism and make adjustments where I can.

Thanks to all of you for your collective patience and general sense of support.

Truthfully I wish people would move past the title of the show and appreciate the program on the whole, escapism from every day topics covered every where else. It shouldn't matter if it's Midnight in the Desert or Midday at the Beach. Most people listen during the day anyway to replay.

This is the show title...it is what it is...I guess I can try to sound more insane and gravelly voiced, bit it seems all that will lead to is complaints for sounding like Art and Heather.

I wonder if this is how Schizophrenia starts? Lol

DS

Jocko Johnson

Can someone tell me who this Dr. Rev. NF Nealy or whatever how and what he has to do with LNM, HW Mumbles and thr entire thing?
Man I hope no one gets sued for posting PUBLIC arrest recirds on PUBLIC web!!!!
Are they trying to hide their affiliation with a crinimal by threatening people with an imaginary criminal charge(s)!??
Ha!!!
Thx folks...is this Dr. Rev still alive, free or in the joint? What did he do to go away?

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: HumanBeing on June 05, 2018, 01:53:43 AM
Good night honey fluffykins lol lol lol lol

Not for nothing but, who or what is this/that?
Has any cryptozoologist looked into the creature?

Lilith

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 06, 2018, 12:05:40 PM

" Just get to the guest, nobody tunes in to hear the host blather on or try to paint a mental picture for an audience. Let the guest shine and if they are strong they will get us to where we want to go. Just just up and guide, don't insert yourself."

For the record, it is 11pm to 2am when I broadcast, from my home studio, all alone, with one single bulb illuminating my night. So it is Midnight for me....and although I do not live in the desert our show originated and it's cornerstone station is there.

As far as the way I host, I try to show respect for the topics and guests. Solid guests are often retisent to do shows like ours for fear of being ridiculed, treated tongue in cheek like most main stream media.

But in all seriousness, when we cut loose on Darkness Radio we get compared to college radio and told to act more polished, professional.  Again, a case of half the people want it one way, half a totally different way.

It's funny as I read how much people disliked Heather or her hosting then get told that they prefer the way she hosted and her "trainwreck" approach.

The good thing is, we coexist. If you like train wreck radio you have a place to go for it, if you want some one to treat the topics with respect, prepared and able to move a 3 hour conversation without the need to cry, seek pity or blather on about cats and treat listeners with respect even when we disagree, then you have a show for that too.

I will continue to read constructive criticism and make adjustments where I can.

Truthfully I wish people would move past the title of the show and appreciate the program on the whole, escapism from every day topics covered every where else. It shouldn't matter if it's Midnight in the Desert or Midday at the Beach. Most people listen during the day anyway to replay.

This is the show title...it is what it is...I guess I can try to sound more insane and gravelly voiced, bit it seems all that will lead to is complaints for sounding like Art and Heather.

DS

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on June 06, 2018, 11:50:46 AM
ParticipatingintherealityofHeatherguy->Bateman->MV->Art->Joey->Lasha->Ira->???
That seems about right. LOL. It's been a long and strange journey.

Dave is a beast, then the honeymoon is soon over. Heather is trash, then Heather and her guest are better than Dave... Dave now is posting some comments explaining how tough it is to juggle the job. What comes next? Good luck as you move forward DS. I still say, "All hail Dave!" However, I did find myself listening to Heather more than I expected last night.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: ponyboysunset on June 05, 2018, 06:04:31 AM
First thanks for the condolences. Second I'm doing much better. I took zero time off of work and I knew this woman for over 5 years. Granted I didn't live in a cuckshed next door or anything. No gifts or cash please because as a responsible adult I am able to care for myself. I seriously wish she would seek out a mental health professional,get some counseling and get on the medication she probably needs. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Nothing at all? We could send u stuff to give to ur pets if u have any and cry together phony tears, we could just go into the back yard and send u a plain old rock or two.  Or we could take the dead dog for a drag and then pee the dog? Are you really sure?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 06, 2018, 12:29:03 PM
Nothing at all? We could send u stuff to give to ur pets if u have any and cry together phony tears, we could just go into the back yard and send u a plain old rock or two.  Or we could take the dead dog for a drag and then pee the dog? Are you really sure?
Bwhahahahahaha yes I am really sure! The mileage Paul and Ella have provided this forum is just amazing. Oh, what about the Dracula Pumpkins?  ;D

Father Jack

"Pirate In The Desert"  (PITHD)

Robert

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 06, 2018, 12:05:40 PMInteresting to read what people want or expect from a show or it's host.
Amazingly, you & your help are giving me just about exactly what I wanted.  Better than I recall from when you hosted C2C.

You approach topics & ask questions the way I would -- if my thoughts were well enough organized, which would take prep on my part.  Plus, the topics are interesting to me -- on avg., slightly better than when Mr. Bell or Ms. Wade emceed.  Only Mssrs. Knapp & Punnett might draw me away from you, but they rarely come on a weeknight.

I understand some listeners will criticize you for talking too much.  That would be a fault if many other emcees were doing it, but with someone like you (or, say, Barry Farber or a few others I could name) with your knowledge & experience, it's a pleasure because of what you have to contribute.  Sometimes, like last night, if I have no place to be in the morning, I'll stay up & listen rather than just randomly waking up to catch snatches when my monstrous prostate "calls".  But I'm still too much of a cheapskate to subscribe & time shift.

Really, you should be on earlier.  What kind of network has its flagship program be the overnight?  This is a fluke because of Art Bell.  It's time DMDN broke out of that legacy mold.
Quoteit is 11pm to 2am when I broadcast, from my home studio, all alone, with one single bulb illuminating my night.
Heh...reminds me of when Mr. Bell did it at local midday from Manila w blackout curtains to give him the old feel of "in the middle of the night...when we do our best thinking."

ItsOver

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on June 06, 2018, 04:27:19 AM
By the way Dave mentioned on his Saturday Beyond The Darkness podcast that he is auctioning a haunted doll ...
Haunted dolls are pretty creepy.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 05, 2018, 07:57:07 AM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1003999065347117056
It is a federal offense. If he called the US Postal Inspectors they may pay old smoggy a visit. As well with the Patriot Act the feds, FBI, BATF and the rest of the alphabet guys may be interested...it is considered like some sort of terrorist activity to be sent shit , not literally and other nasty thru the mail.
But certainly the postal inps would be all over that shit!!!

DS

Hi Dave,

Let me synopsize: You can't please everyone.

Keep doing what you are doing. You are doing fine in my book.

ItsOver

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on June 06, 2018, 12:22:17 PM
Dave is a beast, then the honeymoon is soon over. Heather is trash, then Heather and her guest are better than Dave... Dave now is posting some comments explaining how tough it is to juggle the job. What comes next? ...
Probably something completely insane.  Like voting Jorch Noory into the Radio Hall of Fame.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180604005287/en/Coast-Coast-Host-George-Noory-Receives-2018

Bart Ell

I do not live in the desert

DON'T YOU WORRY, DAVE!
Your friend Bart has you covered.
I am starting a GoFundMe to get you this sweet setup!
Let the passive aggressives find something else to whine about after they see your tootsies in the sand!

P.S. - Please don't wear your pants that way after I get you this.

-Bart Ell
BartEllLegacy.com
KingdomOfNyeRadio.com

WeinerInHand

....aaaaaaand BOOM goes the dynamite!

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 06, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
DON'T YOU WORRY, DAVE!
Your friend Bart has you covered.
I am starting a GoFundMe to get you this sweet setup!
Let the passive aggressives find something else to whine about after they see your tootsies in the sand!

P.S. - Please don't wear your pants that way after I get you this.

-Bart Ell
BartEllLegacy.com
KingdomOfNyeRadio.com

(I hope he doesn't have cats)

Father Jack

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 06, 2018, 12:49:34 PM
(I hope he doesn't have cats)

I think there's a GoFundMe site to get him some.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Father Jack on June 06, 2018, 12:38:06 PM
"Pirate In The Desert"  (PITHD)

Or you could go metaphorical.  The camel is the ship of the desert.

Sean92008

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 06, 2018, 12:44:19 PM
Hi Dave,

Let me synopsize: You can't please everyone.

Keep doing what you are doing. You are doing fine in my book.
+19.5

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: ItsOver on June 05, 2018, 08:22:29 AM
I guess Art Bell's authority was so great, it superseded the law.  And they're coming for BellGab.  Heh, heh, lay off the weed or whatever it is you're smoking. 

Be afraid, MV.  They're coming for you.  ;)

Did they have witnesses, tape it, write it down & have it notarized and send it to court the have it filed in the official "giving of the keys to kingdoms files?"
Otherwise it's her word against a dead guy. I bet the widow is just loving the BS.
And if she still has the above, the law and copyrights etc doesn't give a shit about the magic or how long and hard she can cry. Before she looks at testifying or making out an affidavit saying whatever Art told her she needs to look at the laws and punishment for swearing to and making false statements and perjury, (like it is ever getting to a court trial ha!) but perjury is the olny crime that can be brought back up in court. Even if you are conviced if a past homicide, it can not be mentioned during ur trial...but perjury, yep.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: ItsOver on June 05, 2018, 08:22:29 AM
I guess Art Bell's authority was so great, it superseded the law.  And they're coming for BellGab.  Heh, heh, lay off the weed or whatever it is you're smoking. 

Be afraid, MV.  They're coming for you.  ;)

OH NO!! GOD, JESUS AND BABY JESUS PLEASE PROTECT AND SAVE US AND OUR MASTER AND COMMANDER MV!!!!

Dave - Thanks for reading the comments. I do enjoy your show. It comes on at 9 in the morning where I live, so the bright sun and summer heat here don't do much to give it a weird atmosphere. My impression of Art and HLW is that they were trying as hard as they could to sound sane. There was something nostalgic about listening to them because both of my parents were in and out of the psych ward, and like many other lunatics, they  tried to sound sane when they had to deal with other people -- that only brought attention to it. Also, Art seemed to believe, just like my paretns  were convinced, that the Apacolypse was some time next week.

DS

chefist

DS

Art was the KFC of late night talk radio...I like your brand of fried chicken (Popeye's)...if the others don't, they can go to Church's or wherever.

Dyna-X

Quote from: ItsOver on June 06, 2018, 10:01:20 AM

Yep, "coolest spot in the world." Especially when it's over 100° F.

This Area 51 in Pahrump's backyard thing is something Art used to say as well, and its not really true.
Pahrump's main intersection is 60 miles from the nearest Area 51 border by air. (similar to Las Vegas)
By road, there are two choices: either a 198 miles of road travel through Vegas or 220 miles if you take the 95 route for less traffic. Each takes over 3 hours.