• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lilith

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 08, 2018, 08:12:37 AM
Several compact discs containing all the classic episodes of Heather's old show?

No.

wr250

Quote from: brig on May 08, 2018, 08:20:45 AM
OMG.  Does Keith even know?
he is probably sleeping.
even us neckbeards need sleep.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 08, 2018, 08:20:45 AM
OMG.  Does Keith even know?
I tweeted him. Hopefully if his email is down that will alert him.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 08:23:31 AM
I tweeted him. Hopefully if his email is down that will alert him.

Good thinking.

Lilith

Quote from: wr250 on May 08, 2018, 08:23:24 AM
he is probably sleeping.
even us neckbeards need sleep.

Well....

Ok.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 08, 2018, 08:24:45 AM
Well....

Ok.
Yeah that occurred to me too. But nevertheless I have done my good deed for the day. :)

ItsOver

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 08, 2018, 08:10:43 AM
I wonder what would be a good prize or recognition to the first person to name Dave as the new host. Definitely should be announced on the next Gabcast.
The complete video collection of MV and The Cuckshedders.  The rare nude version.

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 08:25:40 AM
Yeah that occurred to me too. But nevertheless I have done my good deed for the day. :)
you only get one. j/k lol

ponyboysunset

Quote from: wr250 on May 08, 2018, 08:26:25 AM
you only get one. j/k lol
LOL! Hopefully if this is an attack he can fix it quickly.

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 08:27:39 AM
LOL! Hopefully if this is an attack he can fix it quickly.
if its a malicious ddos, then its a matter of contacting the upstream provider and having them block it.

Quote from: cweb on May 08, 2018, 08:02:48 AM
Maybe it's a blunt way to accomplish that? Or he's jazzing up the network page with some Daveness.

I think this is most likely scenario.

wr250

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 08, 2018, 08:31:28 AM
I think this is most likely scenario.
i think IT issues beyond his control are the problem, not necessarily a malicious ddos. 

ItsOver

Have faith in The Rowland.  He may not be able to quite target his nose but he knows his 0's and 1's.

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on May 08, 2018, 08:26:20 AM
The complete video collection of MV and The Cuckshedders.  The rare nude version.
also you get turbo mode for a month.

Quote from: brig on May 08, 2018, 06:33:24 AM
I get that.  I pick ONE.  I only subscribe to ONE midnight radio show, so I can listen in the morning with coffee.
Yes, individually it's not a big deal but cost adds up quickly when you do more than one.

I used to listen to Art in the early 90's but gave up because of the commercials. I haven't listened to C2C since, except for the Art Bell tribute show. I only listened to the beginning. So Dave is an unknown to me. I did like what I heard last night though.

I subscribed to MitD from the beginning when Art was doing them. I kept my subscription for a while hoping Art would pop in on occasion. I only have a subscription to Greg Carlwood's show now. I will decide later about MitD. It depends on the topics and guests.

BTW, I never bought into the sniper thing. Art was a gadget guy. I'm sure he had night vision cameras and maybe even FLIR. Being out in the middle of the desert a person would stand out on FLIR I would think. Never made sense to me.

ponyboysunset

Aw yeah, it's back, the website and the subscriber link!

Any word if true crime will be apart of mitd? If so makes my decision to rejoin easy.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 08:49:01 AM

Praise MV, and his son Keef!

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on May 08, 2018, 08:26:20 AM

I would purchase that  ;D

Quote from: a is jump on May 07, 2018, 01:33:24 PM
I think a great example of this is when she shouted down a caller and went on a long rant because she didn't understand his point. The caller had been a regular since Art's show. He was an American ex-pat living in Switzerland who made the not-too-terribly-inflammatory statement that Americans are less engaged in civics than the Swiss are, on the whole, which is why American politics has become such a clusterfuck.

Heather somehow interpreted that to mean that he said "Americans are dumber than the Swiss," and she dumped the call and talked shit on him for a minute or two. He never called back after that night.

This was around the time of the Vegas shooting, if I recall correctly. Heather making all sorts of bizarre political statements around that time, some of which were so intellectually empty and gross that I almost dropped my subscription.
That guy was one of the few good callers. Never heard from since

Lilith

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on May 08, 2018, 08:51:04 AM
Any word if true crime will be apart of mitd? If so makes my decision to rejoin easy.

I got the impression that all things of interest that can be investigated, probably will be.  I could be wrong.

ItsOver

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 08, 2018, 08:45:08 AM
I used to listen to Art in the early 90's but gave up because of the commercials. I haven't listened to C2C since, except for the Art Bell tribute show. I only listened to the beginning. So Dave is an unknown to me. I did like what I heard last night though.

I subscribed to MitD from the beginning when Art was doing them. I kept my subscription for a while hoping Art would pop in on occasion. I only have a subscription to Greg Carlwood's show now. I will decide later about MitD. It depends on the topics and guests.

BTW, I never bought into the sniper thing. Art was a gadget guy. I'm sure he had night vision cameras and maybe even FLIR. Being out in the middle of the desert a person would stand out on FLIR I would think. Never made sense to me.
Out of the non-Jorch C2C hosts, Schrader is fine as a show host.  Certainly better than Lee Cigar, Willis, and Yimmy.  Syrett isn't bad but Schader has a better radio voice.  I don't mind Punnett coming back to C2C, either.  He can be a good interviewer and actually reads at least parts of a guest's book which can lead to some non-3x4 index card questions. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 08:49:01 AM

Praise MV.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on May 08, 2018, 08:51:23 AM
I would purchase that  ;D
I believe MV would say something like "I knew you would, sugar.  Kiss, kiss. :-*;)  ;D