• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Michael Vandeven's Radio Train Wreck

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 11, 2015, 02:45:44 PM

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on January 11, 2016, 07:08:56 PM
thats both not an airship nor real
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeppelin_NT  lol

The Zeppelin NT ("Neue Technologie", German for new technology) is a class of helium-filled airships being manufactured since the 1990s by the German company Zeppelin Luftschifftechnik GmbH (ZLT) in Friedrichshafen.

Juan

Do the show from a trailer in lonevoice's driveway.  She can send up a flag.

I don't twit, either.

The Snorchlax

My favorite part is when Evelyn said "OH GOD" when MV was talking about Trump fixing problems

You two are fun to listen to

trostol

Quote from: MV on January 11, 2016, 05:05:51 PM
sorry to read that. 

it's just that the drama of bellgab is spilling over to the trainwreck show, and i'm not looking to host yet another bellgab related podcast suckling off of the teet of this forum.  this is one of those moments i've come to understand the value in "separation of worlds."

it is not my intent to suggest bellgab users aren't wanted as an audience.  the vast majority of you are very much wanted.  however, i think it's best to try and establish the trainwreck show as its own entity, entirely separate from this scene.  that's why, going forward, bellgab will no longer be the focal point of the trainwreck show's promotion efforts.

i realize in the short term this will result in a smaller live audience, but if we can produce a consistently high quality product, the show should grow.  if not, then we've failed anyway.

After listening to Evelyn for about 15 minutes, I wouldn't again. 

Having said that, I'm not sure there is a separation issue in posting a courtesy notification of upcoming shows.  I see all sorts of links and advertising on various webpages, including this one, that have nothing to do with the sites I'm on.  It's just another distribution channel as far as getting word out.

Heck, to keep things kosher, Vandeven Enterprises could direct their Train Wreck subsidiary to pay advertising fees to their BellGab sub  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: MV on January 11, 2016, 05:05:51 PM
sorry to read that. 

it's just that the drama of bellgab is spilling over to the trainwreck show, and i'm not looking to host yet another bellgab related podcast suckling off of the teet of this forum.  this is one of those moments i've come to understand the value in "separation of worlds."

it is not my intent to suggest bellgab users aren't wanted as an audience.  the vast majority of you are very much wanted.  however, i think it's best to try and establish the trainwreck show as its own entity, entirely separate from this scene.  that's why, going forward, bellgab will no longer be the focal point of the trainwreck show's promotion efforts.

i realize in the short term this will result in a smaller live audience, but if we can produce a consistently high quality product, the show should grow.  if not, then we've failed anyway.

Understood perfectly, and I wish you all the best.  I have you followed on my twitter, however, most tweets I never see, as there are usually a gazillion by the time i check there, so I don't bother any more.  Same with Facebook. Both sites are a sea of promotions of all kinds of products and views. I'm a bellgabber, here is where I check for notifications.  All that said, if somebody lets me know, I'll be listening MV.  If not, I'll look for archives.

All the Best!
Praise MV!
Love,
brig

Roswells, Art

Could you post a list of which of us you want to listen to your show? That would be great, thanks.

Lilith

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 11, 2016, 07:45:43 PM
Could you post a list of which of us you want to listen to your show? That would be great, thanks.

To be honest, it kind of sounds like MV doesn't care if we bellgbbers get the schedule to listen to him or not.  I KNOW he doesn't mean it to sound that way, but it does kind of sound that way, none the less, to me anyway.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: brig on January 11, 2016, 07:48:24 PM
To be honest, it kind of sounds like MV doesn't care if we bellgbbers get the schedule to listen to him or not.  I KNOW he doesn't mean it to sound that way, but it does sound that way, none the less, to me anyway.

You're just trying to get on the list!

lol, I was just kidding anyway.

Lilith

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 11, 2016, 07:49:15 PM
You're just trying to get on the list!

lol, I was just kidding anyway.

Yeah, I'm sure other bellgabbers will post here for us when they get the notice on Twitter :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 11, 2016, 07:45:43 PM

If you didn't get the PM, then I guess you are not on the list.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 11, 2016, 07:54:17 PM
If you didn't get the PM, then I guess you are not on the list.

He came to my home and invited me personally.  Gave me a c.crane too.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 11, 2016, 08:01:54 PM
He came to my home and invited me personally.  Gave me a c.crane too.

That was probably just some random fat dude from Missouri. Did he give you the whole "Come On, Missouri is the Show me State" spiel?

If so, did you show him?

Just started listening, that HBO intro is amazing.

10 days into new year, more than 100 people shot in Chicago

Seven people were shot to death and 30 more were wounded across Chicago over the weekend, raising the number of shootings in the city to more than 100 in just over a week into the new year, according to police.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-more-than-100-people-have-been-shot-in-chicago-so-far-this-year-20160111-story.html

Evelyn's anti-NRA position is so cheaply mainstream and narrow.

henge0stone

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 11, 2016, 08:13:16 PM
That was probably just some random fat dude from Missouri. Did he give you the whole "Come On, Missouri is the Show me State" spiel?

If so, did you show him?

That wasn't MV  ???

As though any millennials watching the Daily Show are recognizing the propaganda as an invitation to critically think, lol.

Quote from: malachi.martini on January 11, 2016, 08:14:02 PM
... Evelyn's anti-NRA position is so cheaply mainstream and narrow.

All I heard from her was a list of DNC talking points.  Riveting.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: henge0stone on January 11, 2016, 06:21:28 PM
Well I guess I understand your reasoning, but is there any way you can maybe post somewhere ANYWHERE other than twitter? maybe on UFOship or something? Or just personally email/FED EX me a message before every show? What about the pony Express? Pigeon?

I am going to set up a system where people can receive an sms message if they opt in to do so.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on January 11, 2016, 08:51:42 PM
I am going to set up a system where people can receive an sms message if they opt in to do so.

Keith Rowland has lots of free time.  He could help you with that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Juan on January 11, 2016, 07:15:51 PM
Do the show from a trailer in lonevoice's driveway.

A reference to one of the greatest posts ever.

Jackstar

Call it Twitter! No, wait.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 11, 2016, 08:52:54 PM
Keith Rowland has lots of free time.  He could help you with that.

His system only works with rotary phones.

henge0stone

well thats good to hear, does this system have anything to do with...

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on January 11, 2016, 08:56:34 PM
His system only works with rotary phones.

True. I remember Bell Telephone installing kiosks in public venues like bowling alleys were you could try out the new touch tone phones and it would show you how fast you could "dial" a number. They had these out for about 6 months before they actually offered pushbutton phones.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 11, 2016, 08:23:09 PM
All I heard from her was a list of DNC talking points

It's clear she's on a kind of autopilot... 'I don't understand guns, but here's an emotional argument you've heard a thousand times and scrolled by on Facebook even more.'

Born in raised in NYC, my default political position is a progressive one, but watching most of my liberal friends completely forget themselves to honest protest over the last decade has completely destroyed that paradigm for me and seeded a deeper contempt for them than I previously had for god clown conservatives. We're in bizarro horseshoe theory world now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: malachi.martini on January 11, 2016, 09:06:02 PM
It's clear she's on a kind of autopilot... 'I don't understand guns, but here's an emotional argument you've heard a thousand times and scrolled by on Facebook even more.'

Born in raised in NYC, my default political position is a progressive one, but watching most of my liberal friends completely forget themselves to honest protest over the last decade has completely destroyed that paradigm for me and seeded a deeper contempt for them than I previously had for god clown conservatives. We're in bizarro horseshoe theory world now.

If she ever saw my gun safes she would wet her self... And not in a good way.