• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

QuoteWhy do I keep listening to this stupid show? Am I delusional?

I believe a lot of us (Noory-dislikers) still listen due to habit and because there really isn't any other widely available "spooky/weird/paranormal shit" show.  This need to listen to intelligents, quacks, cryptozoologists, etc exists.  Art got us hooked & now we get to O.D. on Noory's cut-rate buffoonish babbling bad shit. 
The show is also like a train wreck sometimes, like when candy-ass mcNooryblarg tried to say C-3PO the other night.

Curtis Loew

Quote from: exC2Cfan on July 08, 2009, 10:32:44 PM
I used to enjoy listening to Hoagland even though I thought he was nuts, but now he's as delusional as Alex Jones, and as usual, good old doofus George Noory never challenges him on anything. Why do I keep listening to this stupid show? Am I delusional?

Nope I don't think it's delusional,  I sometimes find myself listening and thinking "what the f***k am I doing"  I think it's just habit as noodlehead.crucified.c2c said.
I just go and find podcasts  as a replacement or watch TV .

As for Hoaxland I think he's nuttier than the fruitcake I had last Christmas.

Marc.Knight

I used to enjoy listening to Hoagland even though I thought he was nuts, but now he's as delusional as Alex Jones, and as usual, good old doofus George Noory never challenges him on anything. Why do I keep listening to this stupid show? Am I delusional?

I remember a couple of Art Bell shows when Art demolished Hoagland (Face on Mars, etc).  The difference is that Art had the intellect to challenge Hoagland, and the entertainment acuity to make great radio at the same time.  I think one has to balance the improbable (Hoagland) against the reasonable (Kaku) when listening to C2C.  Apply critical thinking at all times, and remember it is just entertainment, albeit of a different calibre than the past.

auggie

I tried to listen to Hoagland but I just couldn't stomach it for long. And the way Snoory grovels when Hoagland is on really makes me sick. Hoagland is certainly delusional. George Noory sucks !

Frys Girl

Quote from: auggie on July 09, 2009, 07:41:53 PM
                       I tried to listen to Hoagland but I just couldn't stomach it for long. And the way Snoory grovels when Hoagland is on really makes me sick. Hoagland is certainly delusional. George Noory sucks !
The introduction that Noory gave him was missing one thing: noory jumping out of a cake. What a dumb duo.

auggie

I think Snoory is Hoagland's bitch. Hoagland can say anything and George will swallow it hook, line, and sinker.

Frys Girl

Quote from: auggie on July 09, 2009, 07:51:10 PM

I think Snoory is Hoagland's bitch. Hoagland can say anything and George will swallow it hook, line, and sinker.
I think Noory needs Hogland. I also think that Noory is of the mind that "it's better to have him on my side than not". Hogland is a massive creep and I can imagine the stuff he is dying to say about Noory, if provoked.

Then again, Hogie needs Noory too. How else will he advertise his shitty web site and book?!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 09, 2009, 07:52:54 PM
I think Noory needs Hogland. I also think that Noory is of the mind that "it's better to have him on my side than not". Hogland is a massive creep and I can imagine the stuff he is dying to say about Noory, if provoked.

I agree.  Hog exudes an almost sinister personality.  His older appearances were not so dark and desperate sounding.

Frys Girl

Quote from: The Philosopher on July 09, 2009, 07:58:35 PM

I agree.  Hog exudes an almost sinister personality.  His older appearances were not so dark and desperate sounding.
Is that a pleather tie?!

auggie

One needn't listen to Hoagland for long before realizing why he's a "former" NASA employee. What a dufas !

Frys Girl

He always brags about being a "prophet" in Russia. He rubs Noory's face in the fact that he's published in Russian newspapers. (This is just a joke. These people are actually really cute.)
Бабки поют Бритни Спирс

Marc.Knight

His Russian "newspapers" are nothing more than Russian tabloids.  Thanks for the post.  Russia is quite an adventure to see.  I lived in Moscow and Siberia for a time.  The people are generally very nice and generous, even in their poverty.

Frys Girl

Quote from: The Philosopher on July 10, 2009, 08:36:13 PM
His Russian "newspapers" are nothing more than Russian tabloids.  Thanks for the post.  Russia is quite an adventure to see.  I lived in Moscow and Siberia for a time.  The people are generally very nice and generous, even in their poverty.
Then they're not really poor. Aside from the massive amount of fucking up they and the UK did to Iran and the far east playing "the great game", Russians are alright. I've been to Moscow. It's awesome.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 10, 2009, 08:39:39 PM
Then they're not really poor. Aside from the massive amount of fucking up they and the UK did to Iran and the far east playing "the great game", Russians are alright. I've been to Moscow. It's awesome.

Yes, the Moscow River is enchanting and romantic at night.

EvB

But then, there is ST PETERSBURG (nope - never been - just a dream.)

Marc.Knight

It is just one overnight flight away... make your dream come true.

Max

KnyeGuy

Quote from: noodlehead.crucified.c2c on July 09, 2009, 12:55:38 AM
I believe a lot of us (Noory-dislikers) still listen due to habit and because there really isn't any other widely available "spooky/weird/paranormal shit" show.  This need to listen to intelligents, quacks, cryptozoologists, etc exists.  Art got us hooked & now we get to O.D. on Noory's cut-rate buffoonish babbling bad shit. 

Yup, this pretty much sums it up. When I first started listening to Art, the likes of David Icke and REd Elk were on discussing lizard people. Even though it was insane as hell, Art did spin it into some really damn entertaining radio!

As far as Hoagland, I remember when he first came on touting the so-called evidence of cities on Mars. Of course the photos on Art's site could be interpreted to mean anything (same phenomenon as seeing recognizable shapes in clouds)... It was great when Art just simply told Dickie that he 'didn't see anything--no evidence of jack shit.' LOL

RCH was entertaining with Art, but now, as somebody else pointed out,  he just uses Noory as his bitch. 
All in all, RCH is full of shit. I don't necessarily think he is delusional, just deceitful and self-promotional.

That last show where he made the C3PO claims was F*in retarded. He IS getting DESPERATE.

Funny how in the past he would always come on declaring that some imminent and world changing 'disclosure' was close at hand... Every few months he'd spout that crap with such fervor.
I think Art refused to have him on anymore around 2001 or 2002.
nuff said.

Is the question that the pictures didn't show anything clear enough for your's or anyone in particular's  perception, or whether there could actually be cities on Mars?

Sorry, I'm so open minded I'm not sure where in the possible sequence the debate is?
Christian von L?hr

Frys Girl

Quote from: Dr.ChristianvonLahr on July 13, 2009, 08:29:46 PM
Is the question that the pictures didn't show anything clear enough for your's or anyone in particular's  perception, or whether there could actually be cities on Mars?

Sorry, I'm so open minded I'm not sure where in the possible sequence the debate is?
Christian von L?hr
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/hoagland/index.html

KnyeGuy

Quote from: Dr.ChristianvonLahr on July 13, 2009, 08:29:46 PM

Christian von L?hr

I forget the term for it, but it basically comes down to how one can subjectively see a recognizable object in an abstract form/shape that will inevitably be recognized as something else entirely by another person.
As mentioned, looking at a cloud results in one person seeing a fish and someone else seeing a rabbit.

I haven't checked out the link Frys Girl posted, but I'm assuming it contains some images that Hoagland claims as indisputable evidence of mars monuments/cities.

Generally speaking, looking at these images invokes the same subjective response as the cloud analogy.
If you  R E A L L Y  want to see something, chances are you will.
The best example of this was what Hoagland deemed a topographical picture of Mars showing what he claimed were 'obvious' geometrical gridlines denoting evidence of a foregone city grid. This was back in 2001 or 2002, so I don't have the pic (maybe it's still up on his website).
At any rate, the picture was so abstract and ambiguous that it didn't prove a damn thing! lol
The show where he kept going on about it (while art blatantly dismissed it as I have) pretty much summed up (to me) just what an idiot Richard is.

I used to enjoy listening to Hoagland even though I thought he was nuts...

Hogland has stumbled onto a topic that can't be disproven for years.  He can add other related topics, and if a few of them are disproved no big deal, on to the next.  An endless supply of conspiracy and foolishness to make a buck from.

This impossible to disprove stuff (while at the same time smearing someone or some group, like NASA) is exactly the kind of material George likes.  George also gets a loon to be on call for any offbeat BS topic that can possibly be related to 'science', since he appears both incapable and too lazy to hold up his end of conversations related to science (or anything else, really, but that is another story).  Hogland gets airtime to preen, and to sell whatever it is he sells.

Perfect.

MABUSE

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 06, 2009, 10:08:33 AM
Hogland has stumbled onto a topic that can't be disproven for years. 

Perfect.

Christ on a crutch...
the psychological aspects of Hyperdimensional physics?  Well, why not delve into the ethics of Ringlordship while we're at it?  How's about the sociological ramifications of Quidditch?  This WEDGE(see the Latin deriviation) just gets less and less plausible and more and more insane every passing week.  The fact that PremRad and the Guilded Turd actually give this whacko a public forum is mind-boggling.  Speaking of which, did anyone see Hoaxland's tour-de-force performance on the History Channel's stupid 2012 show?  I do NOT envy the editor who had to carve feculent drivel up and try and make coherence out of it.  I have yet to create the perfect Hoaxland asshat but I am working on it...I need advanced supercalifragilistics to equitatify the fractile fields of the homunculus matrix to complete the Hoaxland asshat....dammit....

Curtis Loew

In answer to the original question,  I would say  99%.   The other 1% he needs to be able to dress and feed himself.

MV/Liberace!

when i think of hoagland, the only thing i can think about is the fact cronkite's daughter, kathy cronkite, said in a 1994 radio interview with some guys named dale dudley and bob fonseca that her father wished hoagland would stop referring to him ever again if he's going to keep "acting like a kook."  ouch.

and by the way... as i sit here and look at this high resolution image of cydonia, the swath of mars surface upon which i guess hoagland has based his reason for existing, i become further annoyed with him.  i see nothing indicative here of a past mars civilization.  i see a bunch of random rock formations.  i'm even unimpressed with this dumb "face" he wants everyone to see.

MV/Liberace!

by the way:  as long as hoagland feels compelled to continue getting hot and bothered by this mars face, i'll feel compelled to submit this:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

i'll stack this indian face up against hoagland's mars face any day... and it's formed entirely by glaciers.  not by aliens... not by indians. 

i have to go, now.  i have a meeting with my nephelococcygia group.  this week, we'll we looking for abraham lincoln's top hat.