• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: rekcuf on December 18, 2015, 07:57:44 AM
I don't always get stalked. But when I do, I post an aerial view of my home.

You get the feeling Art was making a BX run for cigarettes when the OPSEC briefing was given?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 18, 2015, 08:11:03 AM
How does one get to said BellaHaven, were one to be of a mind to check it out?

Listening to Phil Hendrie and his parody of Art Bell..   something about the Ass purse, and not vaporizing your colon.

Dear me.
Go to other talk shows board and there it is in all its glory.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Ms. C on December 18, 2015, 08:08:13 AM
Announcement:  Only 11 hours until Gabcast will be live ... with co-hosts MV AND Falkie aka George Senda aka The guy from Pittsburgh.  You'll be able to learn plenty then ... oh, and afterwards, bellgab will have something else to debate and go ballistic about!  bahahahhaha
Come on you're a veteran here, you know the drill, vaguely lovable. You are way too lovable Ms. C. You need to dial back a bit. LOL.

I might listen after I do my Rollye Art Bell segment update. Might actually be able to have fun while on hold tonight  ;D

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 18, 2015, 08:11:35 AM
You get the feeling Art was making a BX run for cigarettes when the OPSEC briefing was given?

He left us for cigarettes, but that was 7 nights ago...  :'( :'( :'(

Meister_000

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 18, 2015, 08:18:25 AM
As my husband would say, Mucho Thank you-o  ;D

But will you thank me in the morning is the question  ;)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 18, 2015, 08:20:32 AM
But will you thank me in the morning is the question  ;)

If you do my coffee up the way I like it, then yes.

Meister_000

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 18, 2015, 08:21:51 AM
If you do my coffee up the way I like it, then yes.

I kind of meant, there's only so much bacon a girl can take in a given day. The service is good in any event, they're sweet girls and guys, a refuge of sorts once in a while.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 18, 2015, 08:30:06 AM
I kind of meant, there's only so much bacon a girl can take in a given day. The service is good in any event, they're sweet girls and guys, a refuge of sorts once in a while.

Was teasing :D

Will have to pop in now and then. Thanks!

serenity

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 18, 2015, 08:15:25 AM
Come on you're a veteran here, you know the drill, vaguely lovable. You are way too lovable Ms. C. You need to dial back a bit. LOL.

I might listen after I do my Rollye Art Bell segment update. Might actually be able to have fun while on hold tonight  ;D

BTW Say hi to Rollye for me and (((hugs))) to you.

onan

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 18, 2015, 08:08:55 AM
Fair enough but why on earth (pardon the pun) would you post it publicly? I am open to hearing good logical reason for this. Maybe I am missing something. Hey, I thought you didn't care? When did you start caring again? (And I mean that in a kind way, like welcome back.)

I am not in the least concerned about the debate regarding the "truth" about the shooter/stalker. But that doesn't mean some info isn't interesting.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: onan on December 18, 2015, 08:33:27 AM
I am not in the least concerned about the debate regarding the "truth" about the shooter/stalker. But that doesn't mean some info isn't interesting.
Agreed. Nice to see you around Onan.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: serenity on December 18, 2015, 08:33:09 AM
BTW Say hi to Rollye for me and (((hugs))) to you.
Will do. Right now I am gathering intelligence and making my report.  ;D

Centurion40

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 18, 2015, 07:47:00 AM
Not sure which is more ill-advised, the aerial view photo of his property or the photo of his daughter that accompanied his "I'm outta here" message on his website.

Bingo.

One of the original reports, back in October, listed Art's street address.  I looked it up on Google maps back then (I have an alibi, fyi, and the last time that I visited Nevada was in 2012  ;) ).  So I can understand his logic for posting his defence and using a picture.  Also, he posted the pic of him and his daughter for public empathy; I can understand that too. 

I would never do those things if I was being menaced.  But I am not a public figure; Art is a public figure, so his approach is different than mine. 

I truly believe that Art is done with paranormal talk radio; this is the final straw.  If there was more money in play, he'd probably stay with it and hire private security to patrol the Pahrump compound; but there is a lot of competition for him these days.  Art's work in developing Coast to Coast AM has birthed a wave of imitators (not the right word, but you get the gist); he is not the only game in town even though he is the godfather of it all.  His work will go on and he should be duly honoured for his contributions.

Art (if you are reading this), I wish you all the best; a future of good health and security for you and your family.  Thank you for the years of entertainment that you have provided and thank you for paving the way for others.  As time passes, it would nice to hear you, or see you as a guest on someone else's show or podcast.

RoseGirl

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 18, 2015, 07:03:09 AM
LOL. Not exactly. Belle Haven was a show that featured Nancy Birnes and Rose Girl. It was on 3-5 am I believe, I never listened live as I am east coast. Anyway the show folded and since the thread is where all the niceness of bellgab gathers to offer each other pics of coffee and bacon and breakfast. They always are sweet and kind to one another. Occasionally one of us outsiders wanders in there and then we quickly wander back out. Gabrielle is a Belle Haven poster.

Fear not, all outsiders would have to get passed the severe 'woman-of-the corn' dress code. You'd spot them right away. And they would all speak with an accent too. So annoying and so obvious. Not Bella-positive at all.

But if you do happen to make it through all the gateways, could you ask brig to send the ornament back? I suspect it needs a good cleaning.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 18, 2015, 09:00:18 AM
Fear not, all outsiders would have to get passed the severe 'woman-of-the corn' dress code. You'd spot them right away. And they would all speak with an accent too. So annoying and so obvious. Not Bella-positive at all.

But if you do happen to make it through all the gateways, could you ask brig to send the ornament back? I suspect it needs a good cleaning.
Not pro Belle pro Nancy. Huge difference. Anyway back to Art Bell in all his glory.

RoseGirl

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 18, 2015, 09:05:12 AM
Not pro Belle pro Nancy. Huge difference. Anyway back to Art Bell in all his glory.

Did I mention that dress code thing? All cults have them.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 18, 2015, 09:06:54 AM
Did I mention that dress code thing? All cults have them.
I was actually being polite about the whole Belle Haven thing. And I'm fine with belonging to Nancy's cult. I'm good. It's been lucrative so far for me. Hell it got me my literary agent and my book at Simon & Schuster for consideration. Not too shabby for an unknown. But I also had to have some talent to get there too. So all and all I'm all in any cult that makes me cash :) Also damned proud of the fact that my little book was read by Rollye James. Oh and I'm way into her cult.

BellBoy

Wow! Is that the time, already? It's nearly time for the next wave of Yes-Men and Ass-Kissers The Only True Art Bell Fans, to make their rounds.

You da Man, Art!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 09:11:10 AM
Wow! Is that the time, already? It's nearly time for the next wave of Yes-Men and Ass-Kissers True Art Bell Fans to make their rounds.

You da Man, Art!
They are early today. Must be the coffee over at the Belle Haven thread. I only get up this early because I have to. Otherwise I would be a night person.

RoseGirl

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 18, 2015, 09:09:56 AM
I was actually being polite about the whole Belle Haven thing. And I'm fine with belonging to Nancy's cult. I'm good. It's been lucrative so far for me. Hell it got me my literary agent and my book at Simon & Schuster for consideration. Not too shabby for an unknown. But I also had to have some talent to get there too. So all and all I'm all in any cult that makes me cash :)

A cult that makes money? You do understand that you have to sell your soul to get in to those types of cults and that you have to also forfeit at least 100 points of IQ at the door? Just to be clear.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 18, 2015, 09:16:41 AM
A cult that makes money? You do understand that you have to sell your soul to get in to those types of cults and that you have to also forfeit at least 100 points of IQ at the door? Just to be clear.
I have no problem selling out.  ;D
Wait Praise Art Bell, no that's wrong,
Praise MV? Eh, I got nothing. Best of luck to all of you! By the way not leaving just wishing you all some great karma!

RoseGirl

Quote from: rekcuf on December 18, 2015, 07:57:44 AM
I don't always get stalked. But when I do, I post an aerial view of my home.

Just spit out my coffee. Post of the day, sir!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 18, 2015, 09:19:18 AM
How proud you must be!
Hey this is supposed to be a thread about Art Bell  ;) I am completely proud and happy. Life is good. So what is the stalker's future? Did you do his/her chart? I got my chart done a few years ago. Rollye did it for free as a birthday gift. All kinds of cool stuff in there. Have you PM'd Art? I'm being serious maybe some psychic help is what he needs.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 18, 2015, 09:24:45 AM
Hey this is supposed to be a thread about Art Bell  ;) I am completely proud and happy. Life is good. So what is the stalker's future? Did you do his/her chart? I got my chart done a few years ago. Rollye did it for free as a birthday gift. All kinds of cool stuff in there. Have you PM'd Art? I'm being serious maybe some psychic help is what he needs.

Never had that done. Sounds fun.. but I grew up in a cult (for intents and purposes), and we didn't do that sort of thing. Maybe one day for shits and giggles.. 

ChairSpud

Think about this Art.

I just cancelled my MITD subscription because despite your proclaims Heather lacks the talent and ability necessary to host any radio show. Like a proud father you are wearing rosy colored glasses Art.

Sad to say your legacy may be remembered more for serial quitting than your outstanding broadcasting and I believe if you don't return to the air FULL TIME within 30 days  no one will ever give you another chance.

RoseGirl

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 18, 2015, 09:24:45 AM

Oh thank gawd....I was so worried that you weren't in your right mind since Heather kept saying 'the hole that can't be filled' on her show the other night. (just a joke, sort of)

:)