• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150904 - Madman Marcum - Time Travel - Live Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 04, 2015, 10:01:43 PM

norland2424

Quote from: swordpoint9 on September 05, 2015, 12:21:50 AM
Said He had one that got hacked ?

yup but i mean that whole paeteron thing he would actually have to do updates and all that so people would fund him, i just dont see him being so public

starrmtn001

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 05, 2015, 12:21:11 AM
Oh, maybe.  I was wondering why it seemed to veer off at the end; maybe it was coming back around the Sun.  I'm not sure why it would come in from that angle though.  Is the Oort cloud spherical?

Hoagie's twitter talkin' bout HPL. I am this forum's preeminent HPL scholar. Let's talk HPL Hoagie...

WOTR

Quote from: jazmunda on September 05, 2015, 12:24:54 AM
Whoopsie. Sorry.  :-\
I got a chuckle out of it because I knew it was not mean spirited, but a slip. 

The dimension question is kind of good...

trostol

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on September 05, 2015, 12:25:52 AM
Hoagie's twitter talkin' bout HPL. I am this forum's preeminent HPL scholar. Let's talk HPL Hoagie...

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!

but you prob do know more about HP then i lol

jazmunda

Quote from: WOTR on September 05, 2015, 12:26:45 AM
I got a chuckle out of it because I knew it was not mean spirited, but a slip.

I honestly didn't know.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on September 05, 2015, 12:25:52 AM
I don't want to say what HPL stands for in my brain.

RoseGirl

lol imagine being the foreman of the factory and a guy shows up and says 'what the hell did you do with my time machine'?

jazmunda

That actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe he is in an alternate dimension. It makes the story more plausible.

alienated

I wonder if we can use the Wayback Machine to find an eBay auction for a time machine around the time he disappeared.  Sandra Kristen could track down the buyer.   ;D

sydtron

WHat if his transporting to Ohio was some sort of cosmic frame dragging?   Bound to the Earth due to quantum forces yet undiscovered by science?

Quote from: jazmunda on September 05, 2015, 12:29:17 AM
That actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe he is in an alternate dimension. It makes the story more plausible.

But Art talked to him before he jumped in the time machine, so there must have been another Madman making his own time machine in this reality.

RoseGirl

Quote from: sydtron on September 05, 2015, 12:30:56 AM
WHat if his transporting to Ohio was some sort of cosmic frame dragging?   Bound to the Earth due to quantum forces yet undiscovered by science?

well...there's that

WOTR

Quote from: alienated on September 05, 2015, 12:30:18 AM
I wonder if we can use the Wayback Machine to find an eBay auction for a time machine around the time he disappeared.
Equipment like that is more likely to be sold on site (or off site) by a local auction house.  If you fired up the wayback I would search for auction notices in the local papers announcing the equipment.

I fucking hate this debt collection commercial. It's been on terrestrial radio forever.

800-648-9176
800-648-9176
800-648-9176
800-648-9176
800-648-9176

RoseGirl

what about the company he rented the cherry picker from? should be a record of that

sydtron

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 05, 2015, 12:25:32 AM

Reminds me on how Electron shells surround the nucleus of an atom.    Woah.   The smaller we are able to see into the atom (quarks and such)  the better picture of our own newtonian model we may get.

Maybe the two physics models line up on a level opposite of what we think. 

Spinner

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 05, 2015, 12:21:11 AM
Oh, maybe.  I was wondering why it seemed to veer off at the end; maybe it was coming back around the Sun.  I'm not sure why it would come in from that angle though.  Is the Oort cloud spherical?
The "Oort Cloud" doesn't exist. But, shhhhh, don't tell anyone else. ;)