• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

Lilith

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM
I am stepping up to the plate to do this thing.  This.  Is.  The.  Blitz. 

Keep in mind the Davebots can read this thread too, but we can organize our thoughts here, and keep secret stuff to the PM's.  Bring your game, BellGabbers.  Bring your talent.  The Midnight In The Desert Media Blitz officially begins July 4th, and continues through July 20th.  Let's get our strategy together here.

Ideas, artwork, trailers, articles, links, oh my.

HINDSIGHT...

Lilith

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 25, 2015, 10:01:11 PM

On July 4th, would you do some tweets & posts to your fb if I provided links?  Thank you for calling your local station.

Indeed, everyone call your local stations for Heather.

Lilith

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 25, 2015, 10:15:45 PM

Thank you!  I will get links together post haste.  Hold on your plastering until July 4th, then get plastered, and essplode the interwebs with Midnight In The Desert.

YES!  essplode the interwebs with Midnight In The Desert.

Lilith

Quote from: nbirnes on June 25, 2015, 10:34:40 PM
I will study this chart and help in any way I can. So exciting.

Yes Nancy, even I remember how exciting it was...

The key word being "was".

Lilith

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 26, 2015, 12:04:11 AM
Sent e-mails to
KBOO
KXRY
Oregon Public Broadcasting
KNRK
KBFF
KXXO
Horizon Broadcasting Group
KXL
KFIR
KPAM
KUFO (YESSSSSSS Art needs to be on this station)
KEX
KUIK
KOHI
KBOI

With this e-mail

Hello [Radio Station Name],

My name is [Guerrilla "Big Swinging Balls" Unreal] and I've been a listener of your fine radio station since moving to Oregon. I'm writing to your station to let you know that Art Bell is coming back to the air waves and to ask you to consider bringing his show to your station.

As you may know Art Bell is one of the most legendary radio personalities of all the time and the creator of the Coast To Coast franchise that is still one of the biggest in radio today despite current host George Noory running it into the ground.

Art is coming out of retirement to create a new show and said he'd be interested in letting radio stations carry his show. So I'm e-mailing your station to ask you to please consider putting Art Bell back on the air waves in the area. Without a doubt Art will have the best late night show and I'd really enjoy being able to sit on my porch and enjoy his show again on your station.

If you're interested, please go this URL that Art sent out for more information.
http://artbell.com/terrestrial-affiliates-inquire-here/

Thank you,
[Guerrilla "Big Swinging Balls" Unreal]

Yes, but Redacted isn't.    sad.

Lilith

Quote from: jazmunda on June 26, 2015, 12:58:24 AM
I think this is a really important point. In order to maximise the amount of people that see a post don't just post one trailer after another within minutes of each other. The will just get lost and not be seen by your followers. Post them over a few days/weeks.

Heathers followers?  Wait, WHAT?  What about Arts' followers?

Lilith

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 26, 2015, 03:36:47 AM
Thanks redacted for doing this!

1. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna shut myself away and lock myself to my iMac starting tomorrow and going through Monday. Plan is to finish two trailers I've been working on and do one more.

2. I'm also going to make bite size versions of those trailers, where it's just a stinger with the essential info aiming for 8-20 seconds long, maybe longer if needed.

3. This is one of my suggestions, my photoshop game isn't bad but could be better and I think it would be great to make a few "branded" MiTD banners that will be formatted for Facebook to be used as the cover and profile pics, Twitter pics, etc.

4. Last thing, Jaz or whomever else is up for this. I think we need a longer trailer that sort of explains who Art is, what the shows like, and a bit about the history of the show to inform new people. This could be done by taking bits and pieces from trailers you've already done and re-editing them into a sort of best of highlight and intro to art.

So any volunteers for helping with some of this?

Poor Saucy!

Lilith

Quote from: brig on June 26, 2015, 04:42:26 AM
Have this thread on *Notify* to make sure I get the instructions when to post what on facebook and twitter.........at attention, and standing by.  I know its not much help, but every little bit, multiplied by many people, adds up.

Fucking Dummy!!!!!

Lilith

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 26, 2015, 02:37:50 PM
Man pimping Art Bell to radio stations is like selling weed around a high school. Got back a couple replies so far and just about all of them said they were interested and will pursue it. Also most of the program directors said they were fans of Art and were excited to know he's coming back.

Seriously, if everyone takes just a few minutes and send a nice e-mail to the programming directors of their local radio stations asking them to look into carrying Art's show, it seems to have some pretty good results.

All you got to do is write up a nice letter
go to this website http://radio-locator.com/
Find local stations with a format that would fit Art
E-Mail them your letter
BOOM! You just struck a blow for truth, justice and the American way.

Heather Wade, not so much...

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 26, 2015, 02:48:22 PM
I am all in favour of spreading the Truth and the Light, but what do you do if you talk to a radio station and they say, 'yeah, like he is gonna last a few weeks and then bounce, like he did the last time'?

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I am sure that people in management might be wary of committing themselves to a man who has had a bit of a history in the past for not sticking around too long, for various reasons. I think we need to be able to spin that side of things a bit. Other than that it is a win for all concerned, but there is always going to be that issue lurking in the background.

SV must be psychic.

Lilith

Quote from: Liberace on June 26, 2015, 03:14:41 PM

My reply would be, "Yeah, sure, Art did quit his show in the past, just as lots of people quit their jobs for lots of reasons every day.  And it's true, nobody knows how long Art's going to be around this time, but what everybody does know is that the stations who carry Midnight In The Desert will be carrying absolutely the best product late night radio has to offer.  You can keep shoveling safe mediocrity in the overnight or take a chance on something you already know will be a superior product."

or something like that.

Sadly, it wasn't remotely like that.   :'(

Lilith

Quote from: NXOEED on June 26, 2015, 03:22:03 PM
gearing up to wheatpaste the shit out of Phoenix with a series of illustrations (it's what I do). Illustrations will be provided in both B/W and color at 300 ppi for anybody who wishes to join in the fun, or pee on them, or whatever.

Always loved your Art NXOEED!   Still DO!  I am now the proud owner of some genuine stickers.  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 26, 2015, 03:52:54 PM
Doesn't a letter like that take it for granted that they know who Art is (also, best have the man's name spelled correctly too) and what his show was all about? I think it is often a mistake to underestimate people's ignorance, and their short memories. Perhaps a sentence or two telling them the sort of things they could expect to be getting? Also, is it a good idea to stress the paranormal side, or not? I am not sure one way or the other. We all know that he is capable of being more than the spooky guy on the radio, and covered all sorts of topics in a lively and entertaining way. Perhaps direct them to one of these trailers that keep on sprouting like mushrooms - and are uniformly excellent, from what I have seen. The  letter as it stands looks a little bland to me and probably needs to 'pop' a little more if it is to have the desired effect.

They sure wouldn't have known who Heather Wade was...

Just sayin

Lilith

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 26, 2015, 09:12:59 PM

The idea with the social media campaign is to get Art's name out there as far & wide as possible, which may translate into more listeners, and more subscribers.  Talking to Program Directors is even better, and maybe even more important.

Yes, of course it is (Redacted).!

Lilith

Quote from: eddie dean on June 26, 2015, 11:54:40 PM
I removed my suggestion. It would be cool, & probably work well if only a few people were participating.   because it could be tens/ hundreds of people helping with the Blitz, limiting content to a single paranormal topic per week, is  probably not very realistic or practical. the important thing is that people participate! Let everyone do their part to get the word out.  My 2 cents, fwiw! :)

BTW Redacted, thanks for spearheading the blitz effort!!!

Yeah, thanks Redacted.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on October 07, 2018, 10:57:47 AM
I am now the proud owner of some genuine stickers.  ;D

Are you?

Lilith

Quote from: k-rowland on July 01, 2015, 12:53:52 AM
Here would be a typical social media post for Facebook:

ATTENTION ART BELL FANS! Wanna Take a Ride? Art is returning to broadcasting his famous nightly paranormal talk show, starting July 20th. The new show entitled “Midnight in the Desert” will be LIVE from 9PM-Midnight Pacific, Midnight-3AM Eastern and will be streaming out FREE over the Internet at http://www.artbell.com bringing you the same great topics, same great music, Monday thru Friday.

You can also listen to Art Bell on your smartphone using the great TuneIn app. Search the APP store and download the FREE TuneIn app and search for and follow the "Dark Matter Digital Network.” The new home for Art Bell.

If you can’t stay up to listen LIVE for FREE, you can become a Time Traveler and listen the next day or weekend. Go to ArtBell.com, click on the "Join the Time Travelers" link, and subscribe for a low price of only $5 a month to access the past shows.

Please SHARE the good news to all your followers.  #ArtBell.com

Until Heather Wade takes over.

Lilith

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 01:02:58 AM

This is exactly what we were looking for.  Thank you, Keith.

Perfect.

Translation "I LOVE You Keith".   :-*

Lilith

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 01, 2015, 09:45:24 PM

Thank you, Keith, we will put this revised version to good use.

More "I Love You Keith" shit.

Lilith

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 02, 2015, 02:02:16 AM
Saucy, have you seen this?  There's a trailer or two there you may recognize.

http://www.openminds.tv/art-bell-returns-with-new-paranormal-podcast/33886

Oh, LOOK Saucy, my dear friend...

Lilith

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 02, 2015, 12:14:30 PM

Thank you both so very much for your generous help.

I kinda wondered at the time, why Art wasn't posting "Thank Yous" in the thread himself.

It just seemed odd.

Lilith

Quote from: NXOEED on July 02, 2015, 12:39:32 PM

What I did yesterday. 700 locations. These are the highlights.

If you put the image on a USB stick, you can take it to FedEx/Kinko's or Staples and plug it directly into their copy machine. Print a master copy, and then stick it into the copy machine.

You had a blast!  So there's that!   ;D

Lilith

Quote from: ksm32 on July 03, 2015, 01:49:40 AM
I own a flooring company. I would gladly put a link on my the website. I get a lot of hits locally, and from all over North America.   Flooring and Art..?     Not sure if it would help much. But I would do it. It's a good looking site and I could find a place for it on my Home page. Or give its own page as a sub page.

You could PM me if you like. If so send me the link and a pic or banner.  It would be great if a talented person made a flashing, pulsing banner HTML to paste. Real pro like, instead of a picture.

NOTE: I have been drinking heavy as it may be my birthday so I have not read any posts after about the fourth. So forgive me if this has been covered or is redundant in any way.

..now modifying. Some of the pictures posted are pretty good.

Well Heather, if you even need new flooring in your cuckshack, you know who to contact.  :)