• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Juan Cena

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 10, 2017, 12:46:13 PM
George hasn't been to an auto show since the Pacer was taken out of production.

I doubt Dave's been to an auto since the Edsel went out of production.

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 12, 2017, 10:52:55 PM
I doubt Dave's been to an auto since the Edsel went out of production.

I heard he really loved the Yugo auto shows. :D

Dateline

Yeah, they say he was driving a Pinto when he cam to Cali, but when he gained the Producer, he needed more cargo room.  He now has a Pinto wagon with paneled sides.  There is always fear, however, of explosions due to methane leaks.

Zetaspeak

Holy shit, Jorch just said C2C prayers cured tumors! But he won't release  names.

Realese the names Jorch! This is a miracle. You will be considered a saint! This would bust healthcare issue wide open.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 12, 2017, 11:41:30 AM
Here We Go Again, you take George Noory far too seriously.  Yes, he is a hack but why keep on listening?  I used to bitch about Noory but I gave up on that as well as the show.  I've got better things to do in life.  You seem far too obsessed with George.

GNS

Understood. But dude, it's no "obsession" with George Noory and his band of cheap, carnival hacks. It's just that I care about people. Those "alternative-health" programs for a paid sponsor are very dangerous. Ones in which no FDA disclaimers are aired, ones in which no real mention of who is getting paid for what and people may be cheated, harmed or worse, maybe even die because they were advised to stay away from medical professionals and instead spend hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars on the snake oil they pitch.

Hopefully, that will out eventually. Either some violation can be proved or those who have been lied to and cheated by false claims or their families can undertake and succeed in some class-action lawsuit against Premiere Networks. Remember, Noory claimed he has the full backing of the network and that "fact" could be Premiere's undoing, if true. That's all.

Nothing personal -- but professional. It's beyond irresponsible for what Noory and his people do -- but sitting around ignoring it won't perhaps help people from that scam and that's what those who are "out there" need to know: Get informed. Don't fall for some snake-oil pitch people. But if you do, take action with regulatory agencies out to investigate and hopefully "shut down" such crooks before real damage is done.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on June 13, 2017, 01:24:40 AM
Holy shit, Jorch just said C2C prayers cured tumors! But he won't release  names.

Realese the names Jorch! This is a miracle. You will be considered a saint! This would bust healthcare issue wide open.

This was from the same George Noory who claimed "prayers" saved his producer Tom Danheiser from that  pulmonary embolism a while back. No, Noory, "Tommy" was saved by medical science and pharmaceutical blood thinners. No mention of that, however, since Noory and his hucksters are out to trash all of medical science -- even though that very thing saved producer Tom. And countless others. "The medical model has failed us," that charlatan, snake-oil salesman Ben Fuchs claims. OK. Tell that to Tom Danheiser. And so many others saved by "the failure" you call medical science, you lying hucksters!

Noory is a terrible person and a real creep if they ever was one. He makes my skin crawl. What a selfish, uncaring and no doubt perhaps evil person who puts on some facade of being compassionate, informed and caring. What a fake! And an ignorant imbecile to boot.

Quote from: Dateline on June 13, 2017, 12:28:10 AM
Yeah, they say he was driving a Pinto when he cam to Cali, but when he gained the Producer, he needed more cargo room.  He now has a Pinto wagon with paneled sides.  There is always fear, however, of explosions due to methane leaks.

Maybe he was being "downsized" because one court document in the state of Missouri shows "Jaguar Motor Credit vs. George Ralph Noory." Maybe he just "forgot" to make his payments as he was no doubt living beyond his means. Then got his wages garnished and had to "step down" to some older, piece of crap car.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 12, 2017, 11:47:55 AM
That is a nice find.  I've heard him tell the story many times about switching his major in college, not telling his father, having Pa Noory find out when the grades came in the mail, not speaking to George for months, finally warming up to him when he saw his name in the credits of the nightly news...

I don't understand why people lie when there is no reason to.

As far as the baseball thing, I quit listening to the show before he started in on how great he was in HS and all the scholarships he just missed out on.  From what you're saying about two being awarded at his HS and he was number 3, he doesn't even understand how sports scholarships work.  Its not a quota system conducted by the high schools, George.  Not to mention the dozens of rounds of the MLB draft - anyone with any skill at all is drafted, including HS seniors.  I do remember him talking about how good his mom was, and her teaching him how to play.  I also remember him talking about ''working on his knuckleball'' and planning on trying to get a workout for the St Louis Cardinals.  In his mid 50s. 

The guy is delusional.  I wonder if he spends time on these fantasies first, or if he just blurts them out then goes back and refines them.

"George, do you just make this stuff up as you go along?," a question senior producer Tom Danheiser once posed to the host during a "Open Lines" segment. Yes, I feel he does. Make stuff up and hope no one is smart enough to see through his lies.

But now to baseball: He later claimed he was a pitcher? Mr. knuckle ball? He claimed earlier he was a second baseman and it appears Noory forgot what position he even played in the game he claimed he was "sooooooo good" at. What a liar. Next thing you know, he'll claim he was the starting quarterback for the Harvey S. Lowery Polar Bears and was on his way to getting a full collegiate scholarship for football. Except no record of him playing ANY sports in high school seems to exist.

In Noory's mind, he would have been Tom Brady years before Tom Brady. That is, if he'd ever played a darn sport in the first place!

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 12, 2017, 11:41:30 AM
Here We Go Again, you take George Noory far too seriously.  Yes, he is a hack but why keep on listening?  I used to bitch about Noory but I gave up on that as well as the show.  I've got better things to do in life.  You seem far too obsessed with George.

GNS
Ah, HWGA isn't all that obsessed.  Now YP with Trump, that's obsessed.  :o

zeebo

All during the virtual-reality interview last nite, I kept wanting George to ask what was such an obvious question - how much will VR incorporate senses other than the visual into the experience, e.g. the physical sensation of different textures such as rough tree bark, or smooth metal, or even falling raindrops. 

Finally, towards the end, a caller thankfully asked this and the guest sounded pleased that he finally got a question beyond "How about a baseball game, could they do that?  Or how about a boxing match with Mike Tyson?  Could they let you sing with Sinatra?"

Dateline

They are hard at work creating a virtual Norry,  the most difficult part is making it suck with the intensity that is current reality.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 13, 2017, 02:00:17 PM
All during the virtual-reality interview last nite, I kept wanting George to ask what was such an obvious question - how much will VR incorporate senses other than the visual into the experience, e.g. the physical sensation of different textures such as rough tree bark, or smooth metal, or even falling raindrops. 

Finally, towards the end, a caller thankfully asked this and the guest sounded pleased that he finally got a question beyond "How about a baseball game, could they do that?  Or how about a boxing match with Mike Tyson?  Could they let you sing with Sinatra?"
Even weirder one of the first thing Norry wonders if could be done in VR is: "have some guy jump out of a bush at you. And, you know, rob you?" Guest: "again, if you can model it, it could be done."

Also no mention of holograms, apparently in the Orient people go see "bands" and "singers" that are fake holograms. Also I heard that there was a hologrammed Ronnie James Dio at Wacken festival last year.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on June 13, 2017, 05:26:48 PM
Even weirder one of the first thing Norry wonders if could be done in VR is: "have some guy jump out of a bush at you. And, you know, rob you?" Guest: "again, if you can model it, it could be done."

Lol yeah I forgot that one.  Good game idea for general stress relief.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 13, 2017, 05:47:08 PM
Lol yeah I forgot that one.  Good game idea for general stress relief.
What kind of weirdo thinks of things like fighting Mike Tyson and getting robbed as first ideas of use of VR? Sounds like a great time! Get your ass kicked by Mike Tyson and then, assuming you wake up, a guy jumps out of a bush and robs you. I'm definitely investing in getting a VR system. Sounds like a great time.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on June 13, 2017, 06:40:18 PM
What kind of weirdo thinks of things like fighting Mike Tyson and getting robbed as first ideas of use of VR? Sounds like a great time! Get your ass kicked by Mike Tyson and then, assuming you wake up, a guy jumps out of a bush and robs you. I'm definitely investing in getting a VR system. Sounds like a great time.

LMAO!  C'mon...George just wants to know what it's like to be a tough guy.  He may have been jumped a lot as a youth.  Fighting a VR opponent will give him confidence.  Kinda like the hair products and dyes he uses.  Oh...and the P90X routine as well.  ::)

Quote from: Here We Go Again on June 13, 2017, 04:57:04 AM
"George, do you just make this stuff up as you go along?," a question senior producer Tom Danheiser once posed to the host during a "Open Lines" segment. Yes, I feel he does. Make stuff up and hope no one is smart enough to see through his lies.

But now to baseball: He later claimed he was a pitcher? Mr. knuckle ball? He claimed earlier he was a second baseman and it appears Noory forgot what position he even played in the game he claimed he was "sooooooo good" at...

Oddly, unmentioned was whether he was a pitcher and had used the knuckler in HS games, or whether he just thought it was the one thing an over 40 (over 50) year old could develop and be able to play (it doesn't take the effort other pitches do, and there have been a few older pitchers who developed the knuckleball in order to stay in the big leagues past their prime).  To be fair, that was before he was claiming to be some great HS player.

Its on about the same level as the kids who want to be astronauts, firemen, and cowboys when they grow up.  Except they outgrow playtime fantasies when they're about 8.

God I wish I could meet George and have a long discussion.  There are so many questions and things to talk about.  All he ever gets are puff piece interviews.  Fuckin' Falkie, his ''interview'' was such a wasted opportunity. 

Quote from: ShayP on June 13, 2017, 07:00:51 PM
LMAO!  C'mon...George just wants to know what it's like to be a tough guy.  He may have been jumped a lot as a youth.  Fighting a VR opponent will give him confidence.  Kinda like the hair products and dyes he uses.  Oh...and the P90X routine as well.  ::)

Not only did George escape a kidnap attempt in Mexico, another time during dinner in St Louis he chased down a ''dine and dasher'' and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2017, 07:05:00 PM
Oddly, unmentioned was whether he was a pitcher and had used the knuckler in HS games, or whether he just thought it was the one thing an over 40 (over 50) year old could develop and be able to play (it doesn't take the effort other pitches do, and there have been a few older pitchers who developed the knuckleball in order to stay in the big leagues past their prime).  To be fair, that was before he was claiming to be some great HS player.

Its on about the same level as the kids who want to be astronauts, firemen, and cowboys when they grow up.  Except they outgrow playtime fantasies when they're about 8.

God I wish I could meet George and have a long discussion.  There are so many questions and things to talk about.  All he ever gets are puff piece interviews.  Fuckin' Falkie, his ''interview'' was such a wasted opportunity.

There are multiple ways to throw a knuckleball. I threw one in H/S ala the Steve Sparks version. I tried the Wakefield version and so couldn't locate it nor did it dance enough.

Quote from: albrecht on June 13, 2017, 06:40:18 PM

That's the ignorance of George Noory for you. He forgets in 1986 how the-then top-of-his-game, No. 1 ranked contender Mike Tyson stopped in under two rounds the then-titleholder Trevor Berbick to win the World Boxing Council (WBC) title.

Yes, George, I bet "virtual reality" would simulate a severe concussion as Berbick sustained and could have killed him. He ended up scarred for the rest of his career and was never the same after that night. Know that is Trevor Berbick and no one ever did that to him. He was durable and tough -- no one ever knocked him witless, save for a single shot by Bernado Mercado on Berbick (then 11-0-0 with 11 knockouts) years before that knocked him cold out before the bell ended the first round -- and it took one heck of a wallop to lay him low. Like Tyson held back then.

Sure, I bet Noory feels he could engage in such a "virtual match" and not get killed due to brain trauma. It isn't "reality" for real unless you sustain the physical trauma of the actual event. But no doubt, Noory could just get up, brush himself off with all his "world-class and years of experience" like Berbick held and he'd be fine. Get real, Noory. Get real.     

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 13, 2017, 07:09:12 PM
Not only did George escape a kidnap attempt in Mexico, another time during dinner in St Louis he chased down a ''dine and dasher'' and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

Yes, I have heard the"hero" George Noory's self-professed stories. I'd like to see if a police report exists about the diner incident, since I would consider it unlawful for a citizen to pull a firearm and hold someone at gunpoint for "skipping on on a check." Since when is the use of deadly force allowed in such a situation as Noory describes?

"The King Of Exaggeration" is that Noory. And that kidnap story? I doubt that entirely. This is the guy who always has some "Drama In Real Life" that so far Reader's Digest has failed to publish in its series. Noory was once almost "done in" by a pizza roll and later claimed to have been "attacked" by a blender in his kitchen.   

Odd how Noory never seems to get attention for his stories. Mainly because no one of any credibility would give him the time of day for fear of ridicule. Sure, I can see Noory's "Attacked By A Killer Pizza Roll" rank right up with the Reader's Digest firsthand article in its  "Drama In Real Life" series from Rodney Fox of Australia: "Attacked By A Killer Shark." In 1963, Fox survived a savage attack by a large White Pointer off South Australia during a deep-sea snorkeling spear-fishing contest and lived to tell about it.

But Noory was "Attacked By A Killer Pizza Roll" in his own kitchen and yet, yet no major magazine or network brought that "Drama In Real Life" story to make his story of courage and survival known to all.

I can just see the comparison. To paraphrase what I recall Fox stating, he was blindsided and never saw the fish coming.

RODNEY FOX
"I found myself being hurled through the water like I'd been struck by a freight train. I felt like my guts were being squeezed out through my throat. Then, in that horrible split second of impact, I knew. A large White Pointer had me in its mouth."

But he's got nothing on Noory. Who would no doubt describe his ordeal as this:
GEORGE NOORY
"I got blindsided when I bit into the pizza roll. I found myself being hurled across the kitchen like I was struck by a freight train. I felt my life flash before my eyes. The horror. In those split seconds of my mortality, I knew. I had a hot pizza roll in my mouth."

You all get it.
;D

* And don't forget the "Drama In Real Life" with Noory's Austin, Texas, puddle story. How he said on air it was "eight-feet deep" and he almost drowned. But some video shows him basically tripping over what appears to be roughly a three to four-inch deep "puddle" and he'd be lucky if that even got him wet above the ankle.

But remember how Noory "played up" the angle he was supposedly drenched from head-to-foot and it become a "true story" of survival. What a b*s artist. The biggest on syndicated talk-radio these days -- which is no small feat.

the interview with the VR expert was classic Jorch, so many idiotic childlike questions I couldn't keep track. I love when the guests are clearly flabbergasted by one of those questions.  The guest was discussing the use of VR by military pilots, how it allows pilots to go through harrowing situations, practicing without any risk so Jorch asks 'Can they see and feel themselves crashing? Could they have a heart attack?' The guest was taken aback by the question but put in a position where he had to answer he told Jorch that the point isn't to torture them.

That heart attack question is one Jorch asks a lot with various guests, he's very neurotic and afraid of death for sure.  Though with VR as it gets more realistic I'm sure heart attacks will happen.

Quote from: Here We Go Again on June 13, 2017, 08:09:26 PM
Yes, I have heard the"hero" George Noory's self-professed stories. I'd like to see if a police report exists about the diner incident, since I would consider it unlawful for a citizen to pull a firearm and hold someone at gunpoint for "skipping on on a check." Since when is the use of deadly force allowed in such a situation as Noory describes?

"The King Of Exaggeration" is that Noory. And that kidnap story? I doubt that entirely. This is the guy who always has some "Drama In Real Life" that so far Reader's Digest has failed to publish in its series. Noory was once almost "done in" by a pizza roll and later claimed to have been "attacked" by a blender in his kitchen.   

Odd how Noory never seems to get attention for his stories. Mainly because no one of any credibility would give him the time of day for fear of ridicule. Sure, I can see Noory's "Attacked By A Killer Pizza Roll" rank right up with the Reader's Digest firsthand article in its  "Drama In Real Life" series from Rodney Fox of Australia: "Attacked By A Killer Shark." In 1963, Fox survived a savage attack by a large White Pointer off South Australia during a deep-sea snorkeling spear-fishing contest and lived to tell about it.

But Noory was "Attacked By A Killer Pizza Roll" in his own kitchen and yet, yet no major magazine or network brought that "Drama In Real Life" story to make his story of courage and survival known to all.......

I give credit to Noory for providing examples of his idiocy.  Remember the story about how he left the gas pump in his fuel tank and drove away from the gas station?  I'm pretty sure he said he tore the gas pump from the station.  What a moron.

ShayP

RODNEY FOX
"I found myself being hurled through the water like I'd been struck by a freight train. I felt like my guts were being squeezed out through my throat. Then, in that horrible split second of impact, I knew. A large White Pointer had me in its mouth."

But he's got nothing on Noory. Who would no doubt describe his ordeal as this:
GEORGE NOORY
"I got blindsided when I bit into the pizza roll. I found myself being hurled across the kitchen like I was struck by a freight train. I felt my life flash before my eyes. The horror. In those split seconds of my mortality, I knew. I had a hot pizza roll in my mouth."

You all get it.
;D

LOL!  Yes we do.  ;)

LMAO @ "...In those split seconds of my mortality, I knew. I had a hot pizza roll in my mouth."

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 14, 2017, 12:27:35 AM
I give credit to Noory for providing examples of his idiocy.  Remember the story about how he left the gas pump in his fuel tank and drove away from the gas station?  I'm pretty sure he said he tore the gas pump from the station.  What a moron.

I'm with you there.  He does have a degree of honesty about him and his foibles. Nonetheless his embellishments are just ridiculous as you know. Plus his evolution into a snake oil salesman and his self aggrandizing nature take away from that "honesty."  I could go on...but we know;)

Quote from: ShayP on June 14, 2017, 12:40:11 AM
I'm with you there.  He does have a degree of honesty about him and his foibles. Nonetheless his embellishments are just ridiculous as you know. Plus his evolution into a snake oil salesman and his self aggrandizing nature take away from that "honesty."  I could go on...but we know;)

That we do, my friend.  ;)  Think I'll go watch a movie and then go to bed.  Later, Shay.

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 14, 2017, 12:42:33 AM
That we do, my friend.  ;)  Think I'll go watch a movie and then go to bed.  Later, Shay.

Take care sir.  Glad we crossed paths.   :)  Seems to have been a while.

... Noory was once almost "done in" by a pizza roll and later claimed to have been "attacked" by a blender in his kitchen...

''That little flapper thing...''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1914eEHOZPw

ShayP

The first guest...Defense journalist Sean Naylor...has handled himself well and I find him interesting.  He's politely brushed off Noory's dumb questions and carried on.  Of course, at first, Noory just had to bring up his Navy service.  ::)  The guest was polite but I sensed he could give a shit.  ;D

ShayP

Whitley Strieber is the second guest.  ::)  Another C2C regular I'm sick of.  Every time I see his face it looks like he's going to drool.  :P

ShayP

LOL!  Noory say's to the journalist (regarding the interview)..."It seems like your journalist skills kicked in!"   *sigh*  It's bed time.

Good night Mrs.Calabash, wherever you are!