• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chefist on February 09, 2017, 06:03:30 PM
Battle lost...But not the war.

I'm watching the lawyers act like they just won a fucking Academy Award. They have no shame.  ::)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2017, 06:14:56 PM
I'm watching the lawyers act like they just won a fucking Academy Award. They have no shame.  ::)

I don't think I could take watching it.  I'm steaming!!!  >:(  It is time to split up the 9th Circus.

I can guarandamntee you that if Obama had banned immigrants from these countries for 3 months, the judiciary and the public would have gone along with it.  Double-standards abound!

albrecht

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182
read section (f), it can't be more clear Congress's intention and what the law of the land is:
(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

However, I'm conflicted in Trump twitter stuff. It is great to upset the Leftists and establishment-types and fun to see the freak-out, cry, worry, or protest (because this makes them see crazy, or even criminal, by normal people and most of the population.) But also it seems sorta infantile and there seems to be a problem of rolling out EOs, appointees, etc. Then again, aside from this ridiculous court decision, Trump has gotten everyone in that he wanted....so winning! (I'm sick of all the winning so this ridiculous temporary court decision is a breathe of fresh air.)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 09, 2017, 06:25:58 PM
I don't think I could take watching it.  I'm steaming!!!  >:(  It is time to split up the 9th Circus.

The 9th District is by far the most overturned U.S court and this ruling is a clear usurpation of presidential powers.  The ruling will not stand but how many terrorists will enter the country before it is overturned. 

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 09, 2017, 06:45:31 PM
The 9th District is by far the most overturned U.S court and this ruling is a clear usurpation of presidential powers.  The ruling will not stand but how many terrorists will enter the country before it is overturned.
Remember how Obama used his Executive Power to settle various illegals and "refugees" in certain States and cities? (Likely a way to try to "get back" at areas that didn't vote for him and to 'diversify' certain areas where crime was still low and people were polite and orderly. Trump should use his Executive Power to settle these precious "refugees" in sanctuary cities and sanctuary states, ideally close to where those judges live.

I agree, also there is, usually, a lot of backlog of the 9th District Court of Appeals and the demographic shifts over time has made that Court waaay to large. Split it up into at least 2 separate Courts.

Meister_000

WA v. TRUMP: 2-9-2017 UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE NINTH CIRCUIT
[PDF attached below, 29pgs]

"Today the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit issued a unanimous per curiam decision in Washington v. Trump, denying the government’s emergency appeal to stay the temporary restraining order/preliminary injunction issued against Executive Order 13769.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/02/09/quick-reactions-to-the-9th-circuits-decision-in-washington-v-trump/?utm_term=.39edc3592e

albrecht

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 09, 2017, 07:00:56 PM
WA v TRUMP: 2-9-2017_UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE NINTH CIRCUIT
[PDF attached below, 29pgs]

"Today the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit issued a unanimous per curiam decision in Washington v. Trump, denying the government’s emergency appeal to stay the temporary restraining order/preliminary injunction issued against Executive Order 13769.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/02/09/quick-reactions-to-the-9th-circuits-decision-in-washington-v-trump/?utm_term=.39edc3592e4
Thanks for posting the link to the actual opinion of the 3 judges from the bloated and inefficient 9th Circuit! Serious I was trying to find the actual opinion and just news about it.  I will read with interest. I like Volokh as a commentator- to those who might be askance he is not a "conspiracy theorist," not that there is anything wrong with them.*

* this guy linked from Volokh's blog thinks there might actually be a conspiracy (Trump actually didn't want his EO to stand:)
https://lawfareblog.com/does-trump-want-lose-eo-battle-court-or-donald-mcgahn-simply-ineffectual-or-worse

Read section (f) of the U.S. Code and what Congress intended, quite clearly, and compare to this 3 judge's say/think/"reason":

chefist

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2017, 06:14:56 PM

Jeff's on the job now... Always hope...

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on February 09, 2017, 07:10:19 PM
Thanks for posting the link to the actual opinion of the 3 judges from the bloated and inefficient 9th Circuit! Serious I was trying to find the actual opinion and just news about it.  I will read with interest. I like Volokh as a commentator- to those who might be askance he is not a "conspiracy theorist," not that there is anything wrong with them.*

* this guy linked from Volokh's blog thinks there might actually be a conspiracy (Trump actually didn't want his EO to stand:)
https://lawfareblog.com/does-trump-want-lose-eo-battle-court-or-donald-mcgahn-simply-ineffectual-or-worse

The 9th Circus hung their hats on the right to due process.  How are people who have never been in this country and who are not citizens entitled to any of our rights.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 09, 2017, 07:13:35 PM

The 9th Circus hung their hats on the right to due process.  How are people who have never been in this country and who are not citizens entitled to any of our rights.
Read section (f) of the U.S. Code and what Congress intended, quite clearly, and compare to this 3 judge's say/think/"reason":

Yep, it's totally political.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2017, 07:16:28 PM
Yep, it's totally political.

I just heard a discussion wherein it was postulated that this ruling will ultimately work to Trump's advantage:

A.  It will serve as a rallying point drawing in anti-Trump Reps. and enlightened Dems.

B.  It will accelerate the confirmation of Gorsich and make it easier for Reps to use the nuclear option.

C.  It will be a catalyst to break up the 9th Circus.

I think they are correct.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 09, 2017, 07:13:35 PM

I like them using in loco parentis, and noting even an attempt of parens patriae , and even abortion (!) in their grasping to show standing for WA and MINN.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on February 09, 2017, 07:27:11 PM
I like them using in loco parentis, and noting even an attempt of parens patriae , and even abortion (!) in their grasping to show standing for WA and MINN.

Sorry, I speak some Spanish poorly but no Latin.

starrmtn001

MAGA!!! ;D
AMAZING: Jeff Sessions sworn-In and Speech as Attorney General!  2.9.17.

https://youtu.be/Bu0GAY7Zuvk

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on February 09, 2017, 07:10:19 PM

Ha, that is an interesting take!  The whole idea that we have to suspend things to figure out what "extreme vetting" means seems dubious to me.  I think part of it is a sop to certain supporters who will be cheered by the news covering the discomfiture of Muslims in airports.  The rest may very well be the conspiracy suggested.

I thought the due-process argument was valid -- once the right to enter is granted, it shouldn't be taken away without it.  I think we will find out whether Trump is serious if he rescinds and reissues the order specifically exempting visa and green-card holders, which would directly address 90% of the concerns in this opinion.  If he sticks with this court case, it's just a show.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2017, 08:15:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxVj7V88Uto
It is weird how sometimes Youtubes work and other times I get errors. I don't have flash installed but, supposedly, HTML5 make flash unnecessary to view youtube etc. And usually they work. But then, almost at random they don't. This one didn't. I guess "they" are preventing me from learning the truth from Alex!  ;)

starrmtn001

Sean Spicer SLAMS Reporter: THIS IS THE SILLIEST THING I EVER HEARD ! 2/9/17.

https://youtu.be/1JSAwE3k6NI

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 09, 2017, 10:23:32 AM

For someone who has ''designed and executed world-class best-of-breed educational systems, methods, and materials'' you sure like to post a lot of memes.  Do you ever have original thoughts, or do you just go by what's been approved and filtered through your little echo chamber?

We used to call this the bumper sticker mentality.

And just so you know, Orwell has described the modern Left and their tactics quite precisely.  For your Orwell meme I've copied below, look no further than the hate and lies coming from the Fake News Media,  the Democrat Establishment, the ''protesters'' and their supporters.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on February 09, 2017, 08:26:21 PM
It is weird how sometimes Youtubes work and other times I get errors. I don't have flash installed but, supposedly, HTML5 make flash unnecessary to view youtube etc. And usually they work. But then, almost at random they don't. This one didn't. I guess "they" are preventing me from learning the truth from Alex!  ;)

Could be.  :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4kWek67QG8

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2017, 10:27:52 AM
I'm with Trump on the fact that most mainstream media outfits are nothing but liars for a corrupt and outdated political system who will ignore what doesn't fit into their narrative and just outright make up shit that they want you to believe and were outed as such this past election. If that's not obvious to you nothing will be.  :D

It's not an outdated political system - when was this horseshit ever in style or wanted?.  Their ultimate goal is a one-world left-wing fascist dictatorship, run by them.  Every step they've taken for 100 years has been in that direction. 

They know this has to be done slowly, by stealth, each step sold as ''progress'' or something beneficial.  They know how fragile it all is, that it would completely fall apart if it were widely exposed and understood. 

The idea of a Trump is terrifying to them, as they've been demonstrating by the hour.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 09, 2017, 09:04:26 PM
It's not an outdated political system - when was this horseshit ever in style or wanted?.  Their ultimate goal is a one-world left-wing fascist dictatorship, run by them.  Every step they've taken for 100 years has been in that direction. 

They know this has to be done slowly, by stealth, each step sold as ''progress'' or something beneficial.  They know how fragile it all is, that it would completely fall apart if it were widely exposed and understood. 

The idea of a Trump is terrifying to them, as they've been demonstrating by the hour.

By "outdated political system" I simply mean the piggies at the trough mentality of the corporate shills who've called themselves politicians all my life: lawyers and lobbyists and such. Swampers!  ;)

Quote from: Got to love an Aston on February 09, 2017, 10:35:53 AM
... You're going with the Trump murder statistics then? Or the alleged 78 terrorist attacks that he claims were never reported? They were reported...

Well, reported by who.  I think when people say ''reported'' they mean by those who consider themselves the main stream media.  You know, New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, the other papers in the large cities, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PBS, Fox, the various wire services like the AP and Reuters. 

Most of whom have turned out to be advocates of the extremists, the ''Progressives'', and have finally been outed as the Democrat Fake News Media.

Fortunately, these terror incidents have been reported.  Unfortunately, it's been by sites not widely known.  Here's one, you can probably stop counting when you get to 78:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/american-attacks.aspx 

Quote from: Got to love an Aston on February 09, 2017, 12:57:28 PM

Well okay; how would you deal with her? She's only broken the law. You know, that blessed constitution the Reps love to wrap themselves up in; except it seems when Trump sends his lackies to circumvent it...

If you think it's in the Constitution, please cite.

Beyond that, could you be more trivial?  What's next, trump left the toilet seat up?  Hung the toilet paper the wrong way? 

How would you say this compares to Obama's illegal ''treaty'' with Iran, which ended up giving them billions of dollars in cash, and a green light to develop nuclear weapons?  How does this compare to Mrs. Clinton's illegal non-secure home-brew server in her barn that was probably hacked by every intelligence agency in the world?

You've become a joke.  Sorry.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 09, 2017, 05:52:46 PM
What law did the 9th circus invoke to say that Trump's EO was no good?  Our courts are full of political hacks who don't follow the law.

Article I set up the Congress.  They were to be the most important branch.  Article II established the executive branch.  Article III established the Supreme Court.  They were to be the least important.  The Constitution set up a government that was supposed to pass laws based on the will of the people through their elected representatives, i.e., self rule.  The judiciary was not supposed to be part of that process.

The 9th Amendment states there are natural rights not specifically enumerated in the Bill of Rights.  the 10th Amendment left it to the states to determine what those are.  Not the courts.  All the social cases the courts have ruled on, from bussing and Roe on down to gay rights and bathrooms are illegitimate.

Article I, Section 8 gives Congress the power over immigration (and signed by the president).  There is nothing in there about the courts.

As the commander in chief and head of the executive branch, the president has the power to make decisions regarding national security.  Not the courts.  Not anyone else.  Unless and until either a law is broken, or Congress passes one ending a specific presidential action.

Non-citizens outside the country are not covered by our laws, and are not entitled to due process.

All those going on and on about ''Trump breaking the law'' somehow are very excited and pleased about these so-called judges usurping the law for themselves.  Curious.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 09, 2017, 09:36:53 PM
Article I set up the Congress.  They were to be the most important branch...  Article III established the Supreme Court.  They were to be the least important.  The Constitution set up a government that was supposed to pass laws based on the will of the people through their elected representatives, i.e., self rule.  The judiciary was not supposed to be part of that process...

The Framers set up only the Supreme Court, not the lower federal courts.  Congress was given the power to create them (Article I, Section 7:  ''to constitute tribunals inferior to the supreme court'').  The power to create would certainly include the power to limit jurisdiction.

Congress has other powers when it comes to the courts, for example funding and impeachment.  The Framers also gave them another power.  Article III, Section 2, the Supreme Court is granted authority over certain specific types of cases - reading on past those, ''in all other cases, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction... with such exceptions, and under such regulations, as Congress shall make''.

In other words, Congress can remove jurisdiction from the lower courts they created, and the Supreme Court will not be able to hear the cases.

It's time for the Congress to rein in the runaway federal court system.  The judiciary is way off track, and has been for a very long time.  This country was not meant to be run by a handful of unelected judges.  How is that even arguable?

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 09, 2017, 07:59:02 PM
...  The whole idea that we have to suspend things to figure out what "extreme vetting" means seems dubious to me...

The president decides when it comes to national security, not some hack judge.  Why was this all so easy to go along with when Obama was abusing his power in regards to immigration, but when the wrong party is in office, and is well within the law, suddenly it's incomprehensible?

If the ''Progressives'' want credit for every act of terror going forward, they got it.

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 09, 2017, 07:59:02 PM
... I thought the due-process argument was valid -- once the right to enter is granted, it shouldn't be taken away without it.  I think we will find out whether Trump is serious if he rescinds and reissues the order specifically exempting visa and green-card holders, which would directly address 90% of the concerns in this opinion.  If he sticks with this court case, it's just a show.

Because in Obama's rush to get as many future Democrat voters in as possible, the sloppy vetting couldn't have possibly let people in who shouldn't be here?

I realize the courts claim to have jurisdiction over anything that is brought before them, but a line needs to be drawn at some point.  They simply do not have Constitutional authority over this.