• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Ebola

Started by VtaGeezer, March 27, 2014, 11:56:35 PM

Eddie Coyle

Nancy Snyderman invited the Ebola doc to the Knicks home opener.

bateman

NY Post headline tomorrow. Calling it now.

"E-BOWL-A"

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MagnificentBastard on October 23, 2014, 07:21:25 PM
You are such an idiot. You'll probably shoot the paperboy because he has the sniffles. Every time I read your posts I think, "Can male genitalia really be that small?"

His balls are intrinsically connected to the rounds of ammunition he uses to shoot coyotes. He can't kill them cleanly but hey, it's a start. He's the last person in the world who should be allowed a fucking deadly weapon, his head isn't up to it.

Quote from: MagnificentBastard on October 23, 2014, 07:21:25 PM
You are such an idiot. You'll probably shoot the paperboy because he has the sniffles...

No, not the paperboy!

Quick Karl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 24, 2014, 01:41:59 AM

No, not the paperboy!

I would never shoot you PB - you're too smart and America is in short supply of people like that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 24, 2014, 09:35:13 AM
I would never shoot you PB - you're too smart and America is in short supply of people like that.

Get a room will you? Check first he has a beard, you know you prefer beards on men..

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 24, 2014, 09:35:13 AM
you're too smart and America is in short supply of people like that.

Then what makes you so certain that America is a "great" country, if there are so few smart people here?

someguy

I hope each and every one of you contracts ebola and dies slowly and painfully while blood seeps from your every pore and oriface

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: someguy on October 24, 2014, 02:06:02 PM
I hope each and every one of you contracts ebola and dies slowly and painfully while blood seeps from your every pore and oriface

That's jus wunnerful..We all say nice things about you too..seriously.

someguy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 24, 2014, 02:10:48 PM

That's jus wunnerful..We all say nice things about you too..seriously.

not you though you're okay

someguy

hail satan may his beautiful infection cleanse us all

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: someguy on October 24, 2014, 02:25:35 PM

I'm not a qualified micro biologist, but I'm not sure that actually works in practice.

someguy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 24, 2014, 02:27:39 PM
I'm not a qualified micro biologist, but I'm not sure that actually works in practice.

hail satan for he shall bathe the world in the infected blood of the lamb. lo his name is frightful, enter the blackness of these final days

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: someguy on October 24, 2014, 02:37:57 PM
hail satan for he shall bathe the world in the infected blood of the lamb. lo his name is frightful, enter the blackness of these final days

What is that in Latin? I could then work out the medication.

We need to get you and Zoo hooked up!!1

Ah, that brings back memories.  My mother used to say that every night when she tucked us in.

^^^THIS is why I keep coming back here!  😄

VtaGeezer

Jeez, George. Is this for the mustache jokes?

The butthurt is strong in this one....

So you're with Obama on this one?

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 24, 2014, 09:33:40 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/nurse-nina-pham-free-of-ebola--nih-announces-151247275.html

Thank God.

Why the fuck would she meet with Obama?  If he'd been doing his job Thomas Duncan would not have been in the US to infect her in the first place.

This is like that cop who went to the White House for a 'beer summit' after Obama trashed him for doing his job.  Who on earth would want to travel all the way to DC, meet with Obama, Biden, and that racist jerk professor he arrested - Henry Louis Gates jr - just so Obama could have a photo op?  Why?

Both these Obama victims should have left him to deal with these issues by himself.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 25, 2014, 05:01:02 AM
Why the fuck would she meet with Obama?  If he'd been doing his job Thomas Duncan would not have been in the US to infect her in the first place.

This is like that cop who went to the White House for a 'beer summit' after Obama trashed him for doing his job.  Who on earth would want to travel all the way to DC, meet with Obama, Biden, and that racist jerk professor he arrested - Henry Louis Gates jr - just so Obama could have a photo op?  Why?

Both these Obama victims should have left him to deal with these issues by himself.

Oh, stop with the sour grapes.  You know if you got an invite to the WH to meet Obama, you'd react something like this:

paladin1991

Quote from: someguy on October 24, 2014, 02:25:35 PM

*looks at some guy, slurps coffee*

Yeah, whatever.

VtaGeezer

Just heard the conditions under which Christy in NJ has "isolated" Kaci Hickox, the nurse who returned from W Africa.  She was taken into custody with no warning when her plane landed at Newark. She was left alone in a holding room at the airport for hours. She's now being held in a hospital room/tent with no phone, no TV, no shower, a hospital cot, a porta-potty.  They tried to take her cell phone away.  They used a forehead scanner to take her temp after she was agitated by being held, so it showed a false elevated temp; when they checked her properly, no fever at all. 

This is just craven politicians caving to the panic-spreaders in the media led by the scum at Fox News. Christy said "(she) is obviously ill".  Lie.  Today he says "I hope she recovers quickly"  From what...you? The cowardice of American politicians is enough to make you puke.  Cuomo in NY is no better.  Today IL jumped on the lock-em-up bandwagon.  Health care providers...your government's reward to you for your altruism in W Africa is three weeks in solitary.  All this will do is stop US doctors and nurses from going where their skills are most critically needed to stop the spread of Ebola.  Or lying about where they were. 

WOTR

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 26, 2014, 11:21:21 AM
This is just craven politicians caving to the panic-spreaders in the media led by the scum at Fox News. Christy said "(she) is obviously ill".  Lie.  Today he says "I hope she recovers quickly"  From what...you? The cowardice of American politicians is enough to make you puke.  Cuomo in NY is no better.  Today IL jumped on the lock-em-up bandwagon.  Health care providers...your government's reward to you for your altruism in W Africa is three weeks in solitary.  All this will do is stop US doctors and nurses from going where their skills are most critically needed to stop the spread of Ebola.  Or lying about where they were.
I get the feeling that you get 3 weeks in solitary if you come back but would do two years under that anti terrorism laws if you were to lie about where you were.  It is funny that the evil, communist Cubans could send 250 doctors (with 50 more to follow soon) and we do everything within our power to dissuade our doctors from setting foot where they are needed.  What does this say about us when a country that we consider godless communists can find the compassion and humanity to help where we cannot?  (Yeah, so we printed  few more dollars and tossed them at Africa...)

I understand the panic (actually, I don't, but I can pretend that I do.)  Perhaps we tell those coming back that they have to stay in their house and not go out or see anybody for a few weeks.  Perhaps we at least give people who are trying to help a room and conditions that are slightly better than how we house our murderers and rapists?  There has to be some better solution that solitary confinement with a portapotty.

I was going to ask if it is safe for me to stop panicing yet... I see that it clearly is not that time yet.  I shall continue to cower in fear and shun anybody with dark skin who may have visited family "back home" for now as well as doctors and nurses who may have volunteered there (and children and elderly because they have weakened immune systems and may be carrying ebola, and those from the middle east because they may be using it as a terrorist attack and anybody else who I need an excuse to fear and avoid...)  This worrying, panicing and hating has got me hungry- but all of the staff at the local fast food joints and most of the cashiers at Safeways fall into the categories of those I must avoid... Help... Do the "good old boys" of the clan deliver?

***Yes, I am aware that Cuba is probably sending doctors more for political reasons than humanitarian- but the fact is that they are still the largest group from any country.***

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: wotr1 on October 26, 2014, 04:31:48 PM

Perhaps we tell those coming back that they have to stay in their house and not go out or see anybody for a few weeks.  Perhaps we at least give people who are trying to help a room and conditions that are slightly better than how we house our murderers and rapists?  There has to be some better solution that solitary confinement with a portapotty.

Agreed.  Most of this BS is just politicians pandering for votes from the uninformed masses being spoon-fed "news" by Fox commentary and their ilk.  "Look at me being proactive in protecting Americans from Ebola."

And why quarantine medical workers returning from West Africa, but not quarantine workers caring for Ebola patients in the US?  What about the staff currently caring for the doctor at Bellevue in NYC?  Politicians without a medical background in communicable diseases have no business declaring random quarantines.