• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on December 22, 2013, 09:45:08 PM
I think he met and married a lady from Iceland, moved there, and may do the show from there if he can get everything worked out.  I look forward to hearing him again from wherever he may broadcast.  Those were the days, sitting around the camp fire listening to Bateman.  They always seem to flame out so quickly.

After like almost two decades of listening to thousands of hours of Art's 'classic' C2C shows over and over again, I'm so happy that there are now five hours of 'classic' Dark Weekend...

wr250

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 22, 2013, 09:51:54 PM
Does anyone else think that Jazmunda is really David John Oates?
It does explain a lot of his behavior with destroying Art's Dark Matter broadcasts.

not anymore than i think quick karl is jc in disguise...

WhiteCrow

Quote from: wr250 on December 22, 2013, 10:12:04 PM
not anymore than i think quick karl is jc in disguise...

I don't know about the Quick Karl/JC thingie.... But if you reverse play Jazmunda's BellGab 2.0 podcast, he sez "I am Oates",  "I hate Art" and "Onan is Falkie or flaky"?

jazmunda

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 22, 2013, 10:33:45 PM
I don't know about the Quick Karl/JC thingie.... But if you reverse play Jazmunda's BellGab 2.0 podcast, he sez "I am Oates",  "I hate Art" and "Onan is Falkie or flaky"?

Don't forget my proclamation that "White Crow is a douche!" :P

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 22, 2013, 10:33:45 PM

If we say Jazmunda in reverse it would be adnumzaj.  If we follow the John Hogue assertion that Nostradamus allows for certain rules in interpretation (i.e. the rule of reversing and turning letters upside down or if you replace one redundant letter with a different letter or something akin to these rules), I think we can clearly make out David John Oates.  Well done in your theory!

bateman

No, I am not winding down, running off with a foreign bride, nor was I victim of a directed energy attack. In all honesty, my Saturday guest (not Nick, a different one) slept through the interview time, and by the time he woke up & called, it was just too close to airtime to get it edited & sent off to Keith.

Without further ado, Nick Redfern on surveillance of abductees, secret military documents, MJ-12 & chupacabra:

https://soundcloud.com/dark-weekend/nick-redfern-discusses

area51drone

Fuckin' A... it's DW time.   Awesome, Neo is back.  Bateman, what is the name of the song playing right under the neo line?  I love that song.

Quote from: area51drone on December 23, 2013, 03:50:14 PM
Fuckin' A... it's DW time.   Awesome, Neo is back.  Bateman, what is the name of the song playing right under the neo line?  I love that song.

http://youtu.be/HUMh8GQnDW8

area51drone

Thanks AO, but that's the song after the Neo speech. I'm talking about the one playing underneath  his voice (at the same time as).  I think it actually starts at 0:08 with the piano, but it kicks in at 0:17.  I'd also like to know what song that is playing under "I'm Steve Warner" starting about 1:10.   Almost sounds batman-ish.

bateman

Quote from: area51drone on December 23, 2013, 05:28:47 PM
Thanks AO, but that's the song after the Neo speech. I'm talking about the one playing underneath  his voice (at the same time as).  I think it actually starts at 0:08 with the piano, but it kicks in at 0:17.  I'd also like to know what song that is playing under "I'm Steve Warner" starting about 1:10.   Almost sounds batman-ish.

3 songs:

NIN "Just Like You Imagined"
The Smiths "How Soon is Now"

&

http://youtu.be/h7j71q56MKo

area51drone

Love it Bateman, thanks.  NIN is awesome, I don't think I had heard that song before but it's been years since I pulled my NIN albums out and maybe I just like it so much because I loved it way back when but forgot all about it.    I actually really dig pretty much everything you play for bumpers too, we have very similar tastes in music.   The Smashing Pumpkins is my favorite band, and I know you played them once in one of the shows.

bateman

Quote from: area51drone on December 23, 2013, 05:44:02 PM
Love it Bateman, thanks.  NIN is awesome, I don't think I had heard that song before but it's been years since I pulled my NIN albums out and maybe I just like it so much because I loved it way back when but forgot all about it.    I actually really dig pretty much everything you play for bumpers too, we have very similar tastes in music.   The Smashing Pumpkins is my favorite band, and I know you played them once in one of the shows.

Yeah, I've definitely played "Stand Inside Your Love", which is probably my favorite song of theirs, but I think I played "Tonight, Tonight" somewhere too.

area51drone

Have you ever heard KMFDM?  If not, you should check them out.

bateman

Quote from: area51drone on December 23, 2013, 05:47:10 PM

Nope, but I will. I've gotten some great recommendations from you guys. Ross turned me on to Chvrches:

http://youtu.be/98CYvQOtxo8

area51drone

That was nice, I bet a studio version sounds even better.   Her voice almost reminds me of Bjork for some reason, whom I love as well. 

Good show.  Not sure I buy into abduction, but hearing guys like Redfern talk so sternly about such subjects just transports you to a place where it's a reality.  That's always been the magic of the paranormal and C2CAM for me, being taken to another place for a short while where all these fantastical and unbelievable things become real for the duration.  I've said it a few times, but it isn't any less true, these shows keep hitting me just the right way. 

Tying the concepts of abduction into the modern reality of the military/industrial complex, and talking about the possible privatization and compartmentalization/decentralization of operation, is in my mind a very fresh element.   And you raise really good questions about why, if people are being abducted, do we not hear the stories of, "My spouse disappeared." or, "I saw MIB throwing my neighbor into a van."

I do hope you get him back to talk about lake monsters, that's always been one of my favorite subjects.  I don't think anything piqued my imagination more as a kid than reading about Nessie.

coaster

Quote from: bateman on December 23, 2013, 03:42:03 PM
No, I am not winding down, running off with a foreign bride, nor was I victim of a directed energy attack. In all honesty, my Saturday guest (not Nick, a different one) slept through the interview time, and by the time he woke up & called, it was just too close to airtime to get it edited & sent off to Keith.

Without further ado, Nick Redfern on surveillance of abductees, secret military documents, MJ-12 & chupacabra:

Thanks. Now I have something to listen to tonight.

aldousburbank

Quote from: coaster on December 23, 2013, 06:35:55 PM
Thanks. Now I have something to listen to tonight.
This dude makes me want to listen to my hair grow.

WhiteCrow

Just finished listening to your latest Dark Weekend.
All in all great show. As usual you were well prepared and had excellent questions and commentary.

FWIW: A paranormal geek (myself) could follow along with the many subjects being discussed, but to appeal to a broader audience, maybe less topics and more background info on each topic. I would of enjoyed hearing a long segment on abduction theories or lake monster stuff.
Your show tonight kind of reminded me of Art's Dreamland broadcasts, with a Linda Howe type update, where the listen was expected to be versed in the paranormal subject matter being discussed.

ZHero

Cool Bateman!  I'll listen to it at 1am EST instead of Crap to Crap am. Cheers!

aldousburbank

No, I am not winding down, running off with a foreign bride

I am sorry to hear this.  Better luck for the new year!

BobGrau

No, I am not winding down

Come to think of it, you're well known for your wind-ups.

bateman

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 23, 2013, 08:56:31 PM
Just finished listening to your latest Dark Weekend.
All in all great show. As usual you were well prepared and had excellent questions and commentary.

FWIW: A paranormal geek (myself) could follow along with the many subjects being discussed, but to appeal to a broader audience, maybe less topics and more background info on each topic. I would of enjoyed hearing a long segment on abduction theories or lake monster stuff.
Your show tonight kind of reminded me of Art's Dreamland broadcasts, with a Linda Howe type update, where the listen was expected to be versed in the paranormal subject matter being discussed.

I think you're right about whittling down the topics, we touched on a good amount of material in only an hour. Eventually I'd like to do much longer shows, and more often, but right now there are limiting factors.

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on December 23, 2013, 06:09:52 PM
Good show.  Not sure I buy into abduction, but hearing guys like Redfern talk so sternly about such subjects just transports you to a place where it's a reality.  That's always been the magic of the paranormal and C2CAM for me, being taken to another place for a short while where all these fantastical and unbelievable things become real for the duration.  I've said it a few times, but it isn't any less true, these shows keep hitting me just the right way. 

Tying the concepts of abduction into the modern reality of the military/industrial complex, and talking about the possible privatization and compartmentalization/decentralization of operation, is in my mind a very fresh element.   And you raise really good questions about why, if people are being abducted, do we not hear the stories of, "My spouse disappeared." or, "I saw MIB throwing my neighbor into a van."

I do hope you get him back to talk about lake monsters, that's always been one of my favorite subjects.  I don't think anything piqued my imagination more as a kid than reading about Nessie.

Really glad you're enjoying these. As far as abduction goes, I think it's a very real phenomenon experienced by people who in most cases are not screwballs. The debunkers have claimed it's sleep paralysis combined with hypnagogic hallucinations, but if that were the case, why would this scenario evolve over time, and it also doesn't take into account the people who've experienced contact while fully awake, driving for example. I'll have to get David Jacobs on at some point.

I also think it's plausible what Nick said about outsourcing UFO response to private, secret contractor(s).

bateman

Quote from: ZHero on December 23, 2013, 08:57:19 PM
Cool Bateman!  I'll listen to it at 1am EST instead of Crap to Crap am. Cheers!

What, this doesn't sound like a riveting first hour to you?

QuoteFirst Hour: Physician and nutrition expert Dr. John McDougall talks about why many political leaders such as Bill Clinton, Al Gore and now Al Sharpton (who lost 170 pounds) are adopting vegan diets.

Quote from: area51drone on December 23, 2013, 05:47:10 PM
One of my favorites!!
http://youtu.be/9qKCDJAFkWo

bateman

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 23, 2013, 08:59:07 PM
I am sorry to hear this.  Better luck for the new year!

One can hope. What countries would you recommend ordering from?

Spinner

Now listening to Dark Weekend.
I was going to save it for later, but that Ravensatar lady now on the DMRN is getting on my nerves so I'll get my Bateman fix now while having dinner.

aldousburbank

Quote from: bateman on December 23, 2013, 10:27:35 PM
One can hope. What countries would you recommend ordering from?
My preference?  Assghanistan.  Latvia though, sounds really hot!

Spinner

Quote from: bateman on December 23, 2013, 10:27:19 PM
What, this doesn't sound like a riveting first hour to you?
Oh, my... looks like C2C is unrecognizable these days

bateman

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 23, 2013, 10:34:22 PM
My preference?  Assghanistan.  Latvia though, sounds really hot!

I wouldn't have figured you for a burqa man, Aldous.