• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Phil Hendrie

Started by Caruthers612, November 20, 2008, 11:35:40 AM

Who is your favorite Hendrie guest of all time..

Art Bell
Steve Bosell
Bobbie Dooley
Chris Norton
Raj Fahneen
Austin Amarka
Bob Green
Bud Dickman
Clara Bingham
David G. Hall
Dean Wheeler
Doug Dannger
Dr. Jim Sadler
Father James McQuarter
Harvey Wireman
Herb Sewell
Jay Santos
Jeff Dowder
Lloyd Bonifide
Margaret Gray
Pastor William Rennick
R.C. Collins
Ted Bell
Vernon Dozier
General Johnson Jameson
Listening to some Norton massage therapy.
Are we keeping everything Phil in this thread? Kind of want to start a thread with something to do with sess, mullets, and speedos.
Richard Simmons has more sessuality than Noary.

"If somebody drops a toll arm on me, I'll go right thru it and as I said I'll go Medieval on anybody's ass that says a Korean War veteran has to pay a toll"

I get the biggest kick every time Chris Norton says rubber instead of connums  :D

This clip is about Chris describing how getting his one night stand pregnant due to her making him wearing a rubber.
Chris, having one of the largest collections of adult films on the wess coase and has mastered the pull-out method and puts all fault on the womens for making him wear a rubber. He feels that he should not be responsible for child support.

Where did all of the Phil Phans go?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on May 17, 2013, 01:37:43 PM
Where did all of the Phil Phans go?

i think their numbers are dwindling, considering the routine nature of phil telling them to fuck themselves.

Quote from: MV on May 17, 2013, 02:36:54 PM

i think their numbers are dwindling, considering the routine nature of phil telling them to fuck themselves.
Probably.
Just tried logging into my BSP and even though I was charged a couple weeks ago, my account seemingly has disappeared.

One thing that is fucked up..
Phil's show is dead.
Leykis actually seems to be treading water on his internet show thing.
The whole World is turning upside down and radio is officially dead other than for propaganda political bullshit.

Uhh, Ya -
QuotePhil Phans![/font]

All good things must come to an end. I wanted to give you a heads up that Customer Appreciation Month at the Phil Hendrie Show is drawing to a close. If you haven't taken advantage of all the cool perks by signing up for a BSP this month, make sure to do it soon![/font][/color]
Don't forget...ALL new Backstage Pass memberships enrolled in the month of May will receive free "Best Of" digital CDs![/font]

A new monthly membership grants you access to ONE free digital CD (up to a  value!)[/font][/color]
    A new semi-annual membership grants you access to THREE free digital CDs (up to a  value!)[/font][/color]
    A new annual membership grants you access to FIVE free digital CDs (up to a 5 value!)[/font][/color]
So don't wait! Sign up for a Backstage Pass to The Phil Hendrie Show today, where it pays to be a member.[/font][/color]
And we haven't forgotten our existing members either... You all receive a free digital CD as well!

Ipokesmot

Phil has got to be the most retarded "marketer" ever.  Buy a BSP, so you can get for "free" something you can download from the archives anyways.  I assume "Digital CDs" are mp3s, which makes no sense.  Does he think physical CD's are analog? LOL.  :o
Worth $20 each.. yeah keep dreaming.

Anyways, those of you who are wondering what happened to philhendrieshowfans.com - I guess the guy who ran it got sick of it and shut it down abruptly.  Those of us who were on the site have moved to a new board: http://chimpland.boardhost.com/

onan

Phil to be on Maron's WTF podcast this thursday.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ipokesmot on May 26, 2013, 09:41:16 PM

Anyways, those of you who are wondering what happened to philhendrieshowfans.com - I guess the guy who ran it got sick of it and shut it down abruptly.  Those of us who were on the site have moved to a new board: http://chimpland.boardhost.com/

he's also had a nice falling out with sweetfeatheryjesus.com which you can hear about on their podcast.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on May 27, 2013, 07:59:09 PM

he's also had a nice falling out with sweetfeatheryjesus.com which you can hear about on their podcast.

That old adage about "getting thown out of one bar, maybe it's the bar...getting thrown out of ten bars, the problem ain't bar" applies to Hendrie. Has this guy ever not fallen out with someone?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 27, 2013, 10:10:46 PM
         That old adage about "getting thown out of one bar, maybe it's the bar...getting thrown out of ten bars, the problem ain't bar" applies to Hendrie. Has this guy ever not fallen out with someone?

Good question.  He's probably a very difficult personality to endure up close on a day to day basis.

Quote from: MV on May 28, 2013, 12:03:33 AM
Good question.  He's probably a very difficult personality to endure up close on a day to day basis.
Sounds like he has the same deal his Dad had.

timpate

From what he has posted on his facebook page he is going to do a web based gig. Sounds a tad like Tom Leykis's gig.
He was funny for a bit back in the early to mid 90s. Phill was funny for a while. Anyhow .

Lloyd Bonifide is my fav, and of course Phil spoofing Art Bell.

Dude111

Quote from: timpateAll the old Phil Shows are great. Even some of the new ones.

Yes I can hear him @ night on 1520 AM (WKBW) -- Its amazing the reactions he gets from people!!

Art

I listened to Phil's new new show tonight and last night.   I agree that "he's now calm and reasonably creative again." 

It's on at 10pm Eastern to 1am, but it's replayed all hours overnight on different stations, most with online streams. 

He does the show from his house from an ISDN line.    The shoutcast streams of old Hendrie shows disappeared. 

chunter

Phil Hendrie is one of my favorite radio shows.

Chris Norton is King of all his characters. 

Someone made a Chris Norton facebook page.  Its great.

Has Phil been doing shows featuring Chris Norton since 2010?  If so, where can I download them?  I need more Chris Norton!

SredniVashtar

I think the essence of Hendrie's genius is that I half imagine to myself that there really is a Lloyd Bonafide, getting angry in supermarkets and reminding people that he fought for his country in Korea, or RC Collins being obnoxious to everyone, especially women. Or, god help us, Herb Sewell and his reminiscences about Walter Bellhaven, that 'world class' serial killer. That period when Phil was at his best stands alone as an amazing comic achievement, and I suppose if he had kept it up for much longer he would have gone out of his mind. I think people should remember that when they complain that he is not as good as he used to be. And hardly anyone has heard of him, which is crazy!

Ben Shockley

Quote from: chunter on October 31, 2013, 10:24:18 AM
Has Phil been doing shows featuring Chris Norton since 2010?  If so, where can I download them?  I need more Chris Norton!
Phil was voicing Chrissapher Norton back in the '90s when I first found Phil when he came to KFI (only, before syndication); i.e. by early '97.

Thursday, Nov 21 10pm PST
Tonight's fake ad:

Novajoint

General Shaw, in grizzled old marine voice: Novajoint, you can work and play with comfort...
You open your mouth one more time Dickman and I will close your mouth and close it quickly-you get that!

The General

Anybody else checking out the 'New' Phil Hendrie Show?
It's free.  It's on soundcloud.  Welcome to the internet, Phil.
Maybe now he's finally over his content control freak phase.

Too bad the show ain't that great.

paladin1991

Naaah.  I'm on my way out for a late night steak at Teds of Beverly Hills.

The General

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 20, 2014, 10:13:37 PM
Naaah.  I'm on my way out for a late night steak at Teds of Beverly Hills.

Man, try a different place.  That place gets terrible reviews...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/teds-of-beverly-hills-steakhouse-beverly-hills

Quote from: The General on March 20, 2014, 10:01:00 PM
Anybody else checking out the 'New' Phil Hendrie Show?
It's free.  It's on soundcloud.  Welcome to the internet, Phil.
Maybe now he's finally over his content control freak phase.

Thanks for the tip General.
I tried listening online to a few AM stations he was broadcast on and there were always too many people on and the server would crash too much. I am glad Hendrie found a new outlet.

paladin1991

Quote from: The General on March 20, 2014, 10:19:54 PM
Man, try a different place.  That place gets terrible reviews...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/teds-of-beverly-hills-steakhouse-beverly-hills
The steaks are great.  The company could only make the experience better.  Unfortunately, I was there with Bobby Dooley and that chlck is a Hoovermatic when it comes to free crackers with her soup.
Got a 12 dollar surcharge, because she ate enough crackers to feed a family of
Biafrans for a week.   

The General

Quote from: The General on March 20, 2014, 10:01:00 PM

Awright, I've been listening recently and it's actually pretty good.  He's having fun and cracking himself up, and he's cracking me up.  I realized the other day that he's kind of like a modern Jonathan Winters.  No callers, but he's doing sometimes 7 or 8 characters at once and it's mayhem.  It's not classic Phil, but at this point it's as close as it will ever be.  Things are different now, and you can't do a show like that anymore.  It's kind of like Art coming back- it just won't ever be the same.  Those classic days of innocent radio are over.  The internet killed that off.

Funny thing is, I talked to Phil on facebook several months ago and suggested that he do the very thing that he is now doing- a free podcast.  Do a free podcast, get some advertisers, and you basically remove any incentive for anyone to pirate the show once it's readily available and free.  He told me that I should 'get back to the want ads' and stop telling him how to make a living.  He doesn't currently have any advertisers, but I'm sure it's in the works.  Welcome to the world of podcasting, Phil!

The General

Phil has banned me from his Facebook page. 
I guess I disagreed with him one too many times.
Man, what a dick.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on May 07, 2014, 10:59:04 PM
Phil has banned me from his Facebook page. 
I guess I disagreed with him one too many times.
Man, what a dick.

He is possibly one of the greatest radio talents ever, but what an asshole he can be. I've never seen a radio host with more contempt for his fans.