• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Caruthers612

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, dies, 2 September 1973, in Bournemouth, England, aged 81. He wrote some stuff.
[attachimg=1]

Sardondi

Quote from: Caruthers612 on March 02, 2013, 03:29:02 AMOr possibly vampires.
That's more likely. Let's see, he's responsible for having killed Brian, Nicky Hopkins and probably the girl with the heavy Southern drawl in Cocksucker Blues who shot him up in the hotel room in either Tuscaloosa or Birmingham, Alabama in late June of 1972. Then there's Mick Taylor who was being dragged under when he got away by the skin of his teeth, Jonathan Harker-like. And finally Keith turned sad Bobby Keys into his Renfield-like drug-slave and dope-buddy over 40 years ago. 

Yep, vampire. (And a hilarious take on the man at Uncyclopedia http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Keith_Richards)

Eddie Coyle

Hugo Chavez will not be down for breakfast.

Juan

Hope his papa fidel soon joins him, and his tio raul.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 05, 2013, 04:01:59 PM

good.
riddance.

coaster

I guess they are saying the U.S. poisoned him before he died. Groan..

The General

Quote from: coaster on March 05, 2013, 06:35:09 PM
I guess they are saying the U.S. poisoned him before he died. Groan..
I wish they had.

Sardondi

This is the dictator whom Rep Jose Serrano (D-P.R.N.Y) praised as having "empowered the powerless". He also enriched the rich-less...at least one of them. Because he died with personal net worth of at least $1 Billion, and perhaps as much as $2 Billion-with-a-B. A good few of which I'm sure we'd all be shocked, shocked to learn meandered their convoluted way to Cong. Serrano's campaign coffers.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on March 05, 2013, 11:02:17 PM
This is the dictator whom Rep Jose Serrano (D-P.R.N.Y) praised as having "empowered the powerless". He also enriched the rich-less...at least one of them. Because he died with personal net worth of at least $1 Billion, and perhaps as much as $2 Billion-with-a-B. A good few of which I'm sure we'd all be shocked, shocked to learn meandered their convoluted way to Cong. Serrano's campaign coffers.
Check any newsfeed for Joe Kennedy's eulogies today. He makes Serrano look like a Chavez critic.

coaster

I'm sure Sean Penn relapsed hearing about the news. Also, whoever the fuck Dennis Rodman is.

HAL 9000

Re: Hugo Chavez death

I guess it would be wrong of me to say I'd like to use Oliver Stone for target practice - but maybe it would be OK if the Navy SEALS or an Obama drone took care of him.

CNN makes it extremely difficult to download their videos, but I managed to find a work-around... attached below you'll find a 5 minute interview by CNN of Oliver Stone and his love for Chavez. MP4 format.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 05, 2013, 11:49:00 PM
Re: Hugo Chavez death

I guess it would be wrong of me to say I'd like to use Oliver Stone for target practice - but maybe it would be OK if the Navy SEALS or an Obama drone took care of him.

CNN makes it extremely difficult to download their videos, but I managed to find a work-around... attached below you'll find a 5 minute interview by CNN of Oliver Stone and his love for Chavez. MP4 format.

God, that guy makes my stomach turn! And I hate to say that, because the guy is a complete stud. He volunteered for combat duty in the `Nam back in the day and was awarded bronze star with combat V and 2 purple hearts for being wounded twice.   

How`s that sulphur smell now.....EWWWWWW-go?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 06, 2013, 08:58:57 AM
He volunteered for combat duty in the `Nam back in the day and was awarded bronze star with combat V and 2 purple hearts for being wounded twice.

he's got bigger balls than me.

Juan

Roy Brown, Jr. at 96.  What did he do?  He designed the Edsel.

Tinfoil Hat

Alvin Lee of Ten Years After fame dead at the age of 68.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on March 06, 2013, 02:06:02 PM
Alvin Lee of Ten Years After fame dead at the age of 68.
Bummer. I'm playing Cricklewood Green as a tribute. Too bad.

Sardondi

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on March 06, 2013, 02:06:02 PMAlvin Lee of Ten Years After fame dead at the age of 68.
What?! He never got the public acclaim of some gunslingers, but other rock guitarists held him in high regard. And his riffs and solos in "I'd Live To Change The World" were some of the greatest of all time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvj99sK1Gl0. Crystalline, clean, diamond sharp, precise, perfect.

"The girls are off to bingo, and the boys are getting stinko..." 

Saturday Nights in Sudbury will never be the same again.  RIP, Stomping Tom.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sl751CDdRZI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dsl751CDdRZI[/size]

Eddie Coyle

Sneak Previews/ At the Movies reunion in heaven today...

Morgus

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 04, 2013, 02:04:07 PM

Sneak Previews/ At the Movies reunion in heaven today...
Did Roger Ebert pass away?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Morgus on April 04, 2013, 02:23:50 PM
Did Roger Ebert pass away?
Dead as of 2:30 Central time...

McPhallus

He should've just let himself die.... A few more years with no lower jaw couldn't have been worth it.

RIP Roger Ebert.

One of the very few movie critics I truly respected. Another was Gene Siskel.

I never missed their show.

ChewMouse

Quote from: McPhallus on April 04, 2013, 02:54:31 PM
He should've just let himself die.... A few more years with no lower jaw couldn't have been worth it.

My God. Who are you to judge the quality of life for someone else? Ebert in fact addressed this and said he could do without speech and eating, but treasured still his family and his life. He made significant contributions post-surgery.

Yours was such a thoughtless and unkind comment.

Ebert had  been writing some really wonderful memoirs of his youth in the past few months, which made me wonder if he knew his time was growing short. He was a fighter and wasn't going down without swinging. I respect him for that. I don't know if I would have his grace or courage under the circumstances.

Eddie Coyle

I'd be remiss in not mentioning Ebert's writing the script for some Russ Meyer films, particularly the awesome satire from '70  Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

But I got a reminder today that our memories can differ from the younger set, as my soon to be brother-in-law called him Roger Ebick and at 26, he had almost no recollection of Siskel and "Ebick's" show(s). But he did know that "Ebick" made some rash comments after one of those Jackass guys died in wreck, and therefore didn't like him.

Roger Ebick. >:(  Here's to hoping my sister calls off the wedding, she's got 3 months.