• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lisa Garr

Started by yumyumtree, May 10, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

PChirp

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 12:23:42 AM
Are you Canadian, PChirp?

Nope, but often wish I were.  You guys seem so laid back.   :)

Quote from: PChirp on March 08, 2015, 12:32:03 AM
Nope, but often wish I were.  You guys seem so laid back.   :)

Well, you know, I suppose so.  Maybe.  Either way...

PChirp

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 12:37:09 AM
Well, you know, I suppose so.  Maybe.  Either way...

Have always enjoyed your posts here on the site.   :)

Quote from: PChirp on March 08, 2015, 12:39:59 AM
Have always enjoyed your posts here on the site.   :)

Thanks!  That's very kind.  I enjoy yours too.  You should post more  :)

Nebraska888

Garr's voice sounds a bit more NORMAL tonight......not as breathless and sexy.  ???

PChirp

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 12:50:28 AM
Thanks!  That's very kind.  I enjoy yours too.  You should post more  :)

I'm working on it but I'm taken aback at some of the witty and articulate posts that already abound.  It's so nice to encounter folks like yourself and others that post so frequently and concise.  While I may remain in the background, you can rest assure that I'm up on the happenings of the forum.  Too many to name but I think you know of whom I refer.  Love to lurk and chime in when necessary.  You guys make it easy for me so as I don't have to chime in all that often.  Rest assured, I'm lurking in the background with this shitty Apple keyboard.  Keep up the GREAT work and I promise to swipe in when least expected.  Keep it going my Canadian friend.  Been a fan for so very long time. 

PChirp   ;D

Quote from: PChirp on March 08, 2015, 01:01:56 AM
I'm working on it but I'm taken aback at some of the witty and articulate posts that already abound.  It's so nice to encounter folks like yourself and others that post so frequently and concise.  While I may remain in the background, you can rest assure that I'm up on the happenings of the forum.  Too many to name but I think you know of whom I refer.  Love to lurk and chime in when necessary.  You guys make it easy for me so as I don't have to chime in all that often.  Rest assured, I'm lurking in the background with this shitty Apple keyboard.  Keep up the GREAT work and I promise to swipe in when least expected.  Keep it going my Canadian friend.  Been a fan for so very long time. 

PChirp   ;D

Very nice thoughts again.  I often feel like my brain is mush and kick myself for some of my posts so really appreciate it.  There are some great posters on here -- the whole gambit, really.  There are a few names I look for when I want to quickly catch up on the site and I count you among those.  I know what you mean about keyboards though.  It's much slower to dash something off now that I'm relying on an older tablet, with plenty of errors along the way ;)  Don't be shy to post.  If you don't bother with the weekday shows, I can see how that would cut down on material  :D.

PChirp

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 01:39:43 AM
Very nice thoughts again.  I often feel like my brain is mush and kick myself for some of my posts so really appreciate it.  There are some great posters on here -- the whole gambit, really.  There are a few names I look for when I want to quickly catch up on the site and I count you among those.  I know what you mean about keyboards though.  It's much slower to dash something off now that I'm relying on an older tablet, with plenty of errors along the way ;)  Don't be shy to post.  If you don't bother with the weekday shows, I can see how that would cut down on material  :D.

Actually, it astounds me as to how good the material and posts come forth so easily from all those involved.  Lots of GREAT stuff here, that's for sure!  I mean, its not exactly rocket science to criticize the likes of Lee Cigar or Dave Norrie for that matter.  What I do appreciate is great commentary and come-backs regarding their less-than-professional radio performances.  Take tonight for example, I don't know what the hell Lee Cigar is talking about with her guest for the night.  Try as I might, I still can't make heads or tails of it.  Will certainly have to be more "postworthy" in the upcoming weeks.  Otherwise, it's off to bed with another book to lull myself asleep.  Yo Hum.

zeebo

Quote from: PChirp on March 08, 2015, 02:00:03 AM
...I don't know what the hell Lee Cigar is talking about with her guest for the night.  Try as I might, I still can't make heads or tails of it....

I kept drifting in and out myself, it all kinda swirled into a new-age white noise, any specifics of which I've already forgotten.  Or that could just be the cheap beer & the fact I'm simultaneously watching that dorky movie "John Carter" with the sound off.

Quote from: PChirp on March 08, 2015, 02:00:03 AM
Actually, it astounds me as to how good the material and posts come forth so easily from all those involved.  Lots of GREAT stuff here, that's for sure!  I mean, its not exactly rocket science to criticize the likes of Lee Cigar or Dave Norrie for that matter.  What I do appreciate is great commentary and come-backs regarding their less-than-professional radio performances.  Take tonight for example, I don't know what the hell Lee Cigar is talking about with her guest for the night.  Try as I might, I still can't make heads or tails of it.  Will certainly have to be more "postworthy" in the upcoming weeks.  Otherwise, it's off to bed with another book to lull myself asleep.  Yo Hum.

I wasn't focused enough to understand much of the interview either.  We'll see how this next guest is.

Guest:  "I couldn't even give myself a decent hand job."

That's the kind of color this show is missing.

"Muscle testing."

LOL

Now we're getting somewhere.

"Software of the soul."

"Look to me like your soul software gotsa virus in its anus.  We may hafta operate.  Nurse, find Dr. McAfee, stat."

Lisa just said Jorch is having a "meet and greet."

I thought they were called a "rug and hug."

The guest's girlfriend was fuckin' around on him with his business partner.

He was busy developing the company's software and she was developing somebody else's hardware.

Rim shot.

This guest did a "muscle test" on the inside of Jorch's skull and found a dead hamster in his wheel.

I feel like I'm listening to the HAL 9000.

I wonder if he would sing Daisy Bell for us.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 02:54:15 AM
I feel like I'm listening to the HAL 9000.

I wonder if he would sing Daisy Bell for us.

HAL had a nicer personality.  He didn't give off that douchebag vibe, in other words.

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 08, 2015, 02:56:35 AM

HAL had a nicer personality.  He didn't give off that douchebag vibe, in other words.

I suppose you're right.  It's still in the voice though.  "I'm sorry Dave.  I can't do that Dave."  Yeah, I can totally hear that.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 03:01:12 AM
I suppose you're right.  It's still in the voice though.  "I'm sorry Dave.  I can't do that Dave."  Yeah, I can totally hear that.

You hit the voice itself on the head . . . er, central processing unit. 

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 08, 2015, 03:03:19 AM
You hit the voice itself on the head . . . er, central processing unit.

He might be a few circuit boards short of a stack, but whatever works right?

I get it.

This guy is a frustrated L. Ron Hubbard.

Sure hope his brand of Stinkology catches on. 

AvDaBr

I thought to myself, "This show really sucks.".  My body shot forward ten feet.

He's taking his process straight from the playbook of Anthony Robins, whom Scientology claims stole it from them.

Too late for good grammar.

"It's a process of clearing blocks."

"If you want to learn how to make more money or play the guitar . . . then you need the codes."

Yep, that's L. Ron Hubbard, all right.

Guest:  "I choose not to win the lottery because it's such a headache."

He's right.  It's the handing over of the check that causes the winner all that throbbing pain.

My god . . . this show can find the absolute bottom of the medicine show barrel like no other.

Love the way he hisses, "Yes," every so often.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 03:24:48 AM
He's taking his process straight from the playbook of Anthony Robins, whom Scientology claims stole it from them.

Mix in a little Deepak Chopra and The Secret as well.

pate

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 12:13:33 AM
Shhhh!  I need to find out who Wayne Dyer was in a past life  ;)

Wasn't "Fred Dyer" in Airwolf or something?

Airwolf Introduction theme.

Not Sure, I may be misremembering...

Quote from: AvDaBr on March 08, 2015, 03:24:46 AM
I thought to myself, "This show really sucks.".  My body shot forward ten feet.

You "forward levitated" in response to an intensely strong suck force.