• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sword and Scale

Started by Chine, April 17, 2016, 03:10:22 PM

Chine

Anyone else listening to this Podcast? True Crime genre.

It's incredible though some episodes are very dark and disturbing.  It's so well done.

Checking it out now.  Always on the hunt for something new - TY

Chine

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 17, 2016, 03:56:28 PM
Checking it out now.  Always on the hunt for something new - TY

It's really good but ... Yikes, some are just so horrifying.

Started at Episode #1 -  Very well put together but a horror show of a story

Chine

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 17, 2016, 06:59:59 PM
Started at Episode #1 -  Very well put together but a horror show of a story

Yeah, it is wonderfully produced, but not for the squeamish as the case for a few episodes. They vary and there's a lot to just pick and choose. Some are not so gruesome and a couple I just had to fast forward through. I love his voice and music the for overall tone,  the audio clips, etc.

Clede

Really good. I'm a big fan of this show, but I can't bear to listen to a lot of it.

whoozit

I have been listening to this podcast.  Just goes to show people are the worst monsters.

chinaclipper

Quote from: Chine on April 17, 2016, 03:10:22 PM
Anyone else listening to this Podcast? True Crime genre.

It's incredible though some episodes are very dark and disturbing.  It's so well done.

fascinating..thanks so much, Chine.

whoozit

I've listened to about 30 shows in the last week while walking or doing things around the house.  Time to take a break, then come back and pace myself.  Some of these shows are quite disturbing.

Chine

Quote from: whoozit on April 25, 2016, 02:18:26 PM
I've listened to about 30 shows in the last week while walking or doing things around the house.  Time to take a break, then come back and pace myself.  Some of these shows are quite disturbing.

So, I've had to take a break from it as it's far too much. I can't stomach the really long audio plays of a murder. I think I'm some cases, it's way too long and we get the point. That one that was 5-10 min of man killed my two guys with a hammer. And then there was the computer chat conversation about eating parts of babies that went on forever. It felt like it went on for 20 or 30 min.

I am trying to find another decent True Crime podcast that is not as severe and gruesome. Yet, some are not produced as well. Generation Why is ok. How've ever, like paranormal podcasts, everyone is covering the same topics and guests.

Just finished another episode.  Good stuff - in small doses....................

Chine

Quote from: Walks_At_Night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on May 15, 2016, 07:04:05 PM
Just finished another episode.  Good stuff - in small doses....................

Are you still following it? I am subscribed and I started following True Crime Garage as well. TCG has an entirely different feel. Two guys in Ohio in a garage, drinking beer.. Not as slick as S&S but sometimes the slick gets old for me. Thing is after you follow two or more TC shows, they all are discussing the same cases.

AceAzzameen

I like True Crime Garage a lot more too. Sword and Scale veers a little too pretentious sometimes.

Quote from: Chine on November 17, 2016, 01:43:46 PM
Are you still following it? I am subscribed and I started following True Crime Garage as well. TCG has an entirely different feel. Two guys in Ohio in a garage, drinking beer.. Not as slick as S&S but sometimes the slick gets old for me. Thing is after you follow two or more TC shows, they all are discussing the same cases.

I am.  The Jim Jones episode was horrifying.............

Chine

Quote from: AceAzzameen on November 17, 2016, 02:27:52 PM
I like True Crime Garage a lot more too. Sword and Scale veers a little too pretentious sometimes.

Agree. If the episode is interesting enough, I try to tune that out. The TCG guys are very down to earth.

whoozit

All of the kid stories on S&S are difficult for me.

Chine

Quote from: whoozit on November 17, 2016, 04:56:45 PM
All of the kid stories on S&S are difficult for me.

God, yes... the babies... too much.