• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

Kolchak

Quote from: rekcuf on May 03, 2017, 08:49:18 PM
Is Amy still offering paid subscriptions?

Yes. But I'm really not sure why she doesn't switch over to the "freemium" model - where the podcast is free (with ads) but subscribers get an ad-free version and perks like a direct line to contact her during the show or whatever current subscribers get.

Allowing people to sample the show at any time, without tuning in live, is a great way to convince people they should pay to keep the show going and get some benefits.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Kolchak on May 03, 2017, 09:13:38 PM
Yes. But I'm really not sure why she doesn't switch over to the "freemium" model - where the podcast is free (with ads) but subscribers get an ad-free version and perks like a direct line to contact her during the show or whatever current subscribers get.

Allowing people to sample the show at any time, without tuning in live, is a great way to convince people they should pay to keep the show going and get some benefits.

What show?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on May 03, 2017, 09:13:38 PM

Right now she should just put them out on youtube and then go back to subscriptions once she proves she can maintain a regular schedule. That may drum up some interest and followers. I tried to support her for awhile but gave up in January.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 03, 2017, 06:56:04 PM
Is there some secret retreat where all these radio hosts go after having a few shows? Especially since, at least a few of them, have invested some $$ in equipment. Amy, Bateman (though at least he still is working on one and does his John Bachelor stuff,) Art, RCH, that crazy guy who worked the various shows (then made threats and left in a huff and claimed to start his own- some kind of bodybuilder as I recall.l) Where do they all go?

This puzzles me, too, and it's enough of a pattern to really be a thing.  I have a theory:  it's hobbling by high expectations.  They get in to it with visions of thousands of listeners hanging on their every word, which the reality of talking to fifty people quickly dispels.  Even if every one of them got ten other people to listen, it'd still be a blip.

The ones who keep at it either have lower expectations to start with, or genuinely have something to say and don't really care how many people hear it.

Kolchak

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2017, 09:22:53 PM
Right now she should just put them out on youtube and then go back to subscriptions once she proves she can maintain a regular schedule. That may drum up some interest and followers. I tried to support her for awhile but gave up in January.

She should have an RSS feed for subscribers. That should just be available to everyone via itunes or their podcast platform of choice. I've always been irked by podcasts on youtube - IE Why am I watching a static image with audio when I could just have the audio file? Either way, you're right that the archive should be free to all. It could only attract more listeners.

I really liked Amy's show. The caller base didn't bother me because it was fairly substantive, and when it hit it really hit.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on May 03, 2017, 09:30:16 PM
She should have an RSS feed for subscribers. That should just be available to everyone via itunes or their podcast platform of choice. I've always been irked by podcasts on youtube - IE Why am I watching a static image with audio when I could just have the audio file? Either way, you're right that the archive should be free to all. It could only attract more listeners.

I really liked Amy's show. The caller base didn't bother me because it was fairly substantive, and when it hit it really hit.

Yeah. I guess you are right. The only reason I said youtube is because she might get more random viewers.

I like Howard Hughes model. Free podcasts with a donate button.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Kolchak on May 03, 2017, 09:32:49 PM
But, hey...at least she bought a 3D printer?

https://twitter.com/HauntedSkeptic_/status/859962582945452032

I wonder if she would print me up some AR15 lowers in titty pink

ShayP

Is Amy still holding hands with friends and looking at a lake because of Trump?   Just wondering because I zone out at times.  For different reasons though.

Kolchak

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2017, 09:35:39 PM
Yeah. I guess you are right. The only reason I said youtube is because she might get more random viewers.

I like Howard Hughes model. Free podcasts with a donate button.

I'd donate. And if she wanted even more revenue, she could have used that 3D printer money for a webcam, record video of her doing the show, upload those and rake in whatever's left of that youtube adsense money.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 03, 2017, 09:39:47 PM
Is Amy still holding hands with friends and looking at a lake because of Trump?   Just wondering because I zone out at times.  For different reasons though.

She is definitely still struggling from Post Trump Election Derangement Syndrome.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2017, 09:46:04 PM
She is definitely still struggling from Post Trump Election Derangement Syndrome.

Yeah, as smitten as I was with her talent and potential I suppose I'm done with her now too. Not necessarily because of her PTEDS but because it seems to have made her give up on us here at Bellgab. Oh well. No live talk radio in this timeline.  <shrugs> :-\

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 03, 2017, 09:50:44 PM
Yeah, as smitten as I was with her talent and potential I suppose I'm done with her now too. Not necessarily because of her PTEDS but because it seems to have made her give up on us here at Bellgab. Oh well. No live talk radio in this timeline.  <shrugs> :-\

Watching her Twitter feed she spends more time commenting on Brainwaves than prepping for her own show.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 03, 2017, 09:50:44 PM

Yep.  I can't deal with snowflakes.

At least she got an air conditioner out of "networking" BellGab.  ::)

whoozit

She has out-Falkied Falkie here.

zeebo

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 03, 2017, 09:23:06 PM
...The ones who keep at it either have lower expectations to start with, or genuinely have something to say and don't really care how many people hear it.

Yep also I'd add some folks just have a talent for keeping regular schedules.  My circadian rhythm is more erratic than a drunken unicyclist, so I'm in mild awe at those who run with a metronome-like steadiness.

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2017, 09:46:04 PM
In Quebec they call it PTSD.  Post-Trump syndrome de'rangement. It has been so long since I have marked a Wednesday on my calendar that I had completely missed it (or to be exact, once again, did not miss it.)

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on May 04, 2017, 10:45:43 PM
In Quebec they call it PTSD.  Post-Trump syndrome de'rangement. It has been so long since I have marked a Wednesday on my calendar that I had completely missed it (or to be exact, once again, did not miss it.)

Word is that now she is getting a nose job to circumvent facial recognition.

ponyboysunset

Ok here's what she should do if she wants to still charge for a show that isn't on a regular schedule....wait for it....find some sap to sit in her place and promise to return....I feel like this may have been done before ::)

(Best part she never has to come back and the money keeps rolling in. Just a thought)

whoozit

I'm thinking of starting a podcast.  It will be the best podcast ever.  Podcasting is a difficult endeavor.  It is even harder if your studio is not kept at the proper temperature.  Good heating and cooling systems don't come cheap. Please start sending me $10 a month and I promise that once I start this will be the best show you have ever heard.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on May 05, 2017, 06:44:56 PM
I'm thinking of starting a podcast.  It will be the best podcast ever.  Podcasting is a difficult endeavor.  It is even harder if your studio is not kept at the proper temperature.  Good heating and cooling systems don't come cheap. Please start sending me $10 a month and I promise that once I start this will be the best show you have ever heard.

Sure! What's your address? I'll send a check in the mail.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: whoozit on May 05, 2017, 06:44:56 PM
...Please start sending me $10 a month and I promise that once I start this will be the best show you have ever heard.

Better make it $11/mo. to cover Q-tips for ear maintenance.