Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Liberace! on January 18, 2019, 04:27:54 PM
There are only three so far, but another will be added within the next week or so.  They're all on my YT channel:

youtube.com/mvandeven

In Nye, Don't Treat Keith This Way, and Midnight In The Cuckshed.

I forgot to say, lyrics are in the video descriptions.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Liberace! on January 18, 2019, 04:34:18 PM
I've never seen Voyager, but I'd kinda blame Next Gen for that, what with Hugh and all.

Yeah, fucking Hugh, I forgot about him. lol. Voyager has a strange problem of really good story ideas and really bad writers*. It's such a shame.

Whomever hired some of the actors in Voyager should not have that as a job. A few actors have grown on me though, Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway) is pretty awesome with her reactions. If I knew how to make gifs of her reactions this place would be covered with them.

*some of those writers wrote the best Next Generation episodes too

Metron2267

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 01:45:49 PM
I love it too. I'm going to try to use it as my avatar. lol My internet is not cooperating though.

Yeah maybe you need turbo mode for an avatar gif file to take. Glad I haven't bored you to tears with it.

Metron2267

Quote from: username on January 18, 2019, 02:01:02 PM
I'm not upset with you, I just sat through that movie smoking, and thinking wtf am I watching.
I believe that was the point. :D

Here, try this - from a time far away but so near you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPlPg16gwJo

Metron2267

Quote from: Liberace! on January 18, 2019, 04:27:54 PM
There are only three so far, but another will be added within the next week or so.  They're all on my YT channel:

youtube.com/mvandeven

In Nye, Don't Treat Keith This Way, and Midnight In The Cuckshed.

Watching your Moroccan train trip video, 26 minute mark...those shot rock cement mortared walls are the same as they do in old El Paso:

Metron2267

Quote from: Liberace! on January 18, 2019, 04:34:18 PM
I've never seen Voyager, but I'd kinda blame Next Gen for that, what with Hugh and all.
I give "Enterprise" 2 thumbs up. Brannon Braga may be a pisser to work with but his Xindi story arc was magnificent. Pity it all had to end in the...

No, watch it and find out. 8)

Jackstar

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 18, 2019, 05:02:56 PM
his Xindi story arc was magnificent

Never has it been more apparent, how easily entertained you are.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on January 18, 2019, 05:08:31 PM
Never has it been more apparent, how easily entertained you are.
Oh do tell us how much more elegant Deep 6 Nine was... :o

Jackstar

DS9 was clearly the better show, given that all of the characters were largely unlikable and it was still a watchable ride. Enterprise was worse than a painful shit.

Janeway is best Captain. There is no changing my mind here.

Corona Kitty

Listening to highlights from "ona fone", with Heather wade. Specifically the Call from internet darling "Hedi", that call single handedly set the wheels in motion... I will now refer to it as "poetry in motion."

Heather was completely caught off guard, her passive aggressiveness was quite funny. This caused her to completely take the time to re-think her rebuttal towards hedi.. little did she know by taking her anger out on air and alluding to friends looking out for her in different organizations. (Those people don't exist)

I thought that was completely pretentious and phony.
Id like to thank Hedi, yet again for the call. Heather kept saying the dumbest shit before and much more after that call.

Most repulsive thing is the fact that she wants others to perceive that art "taught her", thing is anyone with any logical sense. They know well this is a complete fabrication. There is zero indication of any art bell influence, very much the same as the lack of talent in dave Schrader.

Amazing.

DynamoHum

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 18, 2019, 11:07:03 AM
Really?  Wouldn't you rather try and become more of a mentor to her?   Then you could spend 6+ hours on the phone with her, several
times a week.   Wouldn't that be lovely?    ;)

Dante could never have given that level of hell a number.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 18, 2019, 05:02:56 PM
I give "Enterprise" 2 thumbs up. Brannon Braga may be a pisser to work with but his Xindi story arc was magnificent. Pity it all had to end in the...

No, watch it and find out. 8)

I hate Enterprise so much it makes me angry when I think about it.

The only good thing I can say about it is the people that worked on everything I saw: the sets, the special effects, cgi, all that. Those people were GOOD. Everything else, I hate so much, I really really do.

The doctor was good, and I didn't mind the guy from Florida but everyone else can go out an airlock.

Enterprise: Lead Poisoning in Space

Shran was awesome too.

Jackstar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 05:21:25 PM
The only good thing I can say about it is the people that worked on everything I saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBcXXfzrqco

Challenge: accepted.

DynamoHum

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 18, 2019, 11:28:03 AM
So my take is then, just can the Heather gab completely and take the little podcast into it's own non-host-tag status. By that I mean don't just rotate Vara in because Heather is dormant, accordingly don't put Heather on a low simmer until she reawakens either. Simply chart a new non-gossipy course.

As an example...mightn't it be of interest to many here to know how a podcast is set up, the equipment, hosting, costs, possible revenues and so on? Since you lot are in the swim, why not share the insides of the process?

Also, as you're in the UK, how about enlightening us on paranormal radio there? Do you ever listen to the more mainstream "Dr. Karl & The Naked Scientist" on BBC5?  I think that's a fine hard science show in its own right that still involves the caller as an everyman "doctor" in their own right. Yes you can't pinch their schtick, but you can build up off it...yeah?

I think we have to put Heater to bed first, and yes that is an easy skein to mine, but even if we did the occasional “she’s not back yet” show I think it is vox pop - I agree it should be kept well away from more mainstream stuff.

I have no idea how it works. I have a yeti snowball mic and a pop guard, and I log into Discord...that’s the extent of my know how ... I would actually be interested in knowing how it all works myself...

The paranormal field in the UK as far as podcasts go appears to be a bit of a wasteland - there is the Pranormal UK network, Ben Emlyn Jones (who is a fun listen I might add), BAses UK (far out weird shit), headed up by Howard Hughes, who really is very good and isn’t just a podcaster - he has a national pranormal radio show every week. Art was right to want him to take over the show. Guest wise there is a lot of choice, but they are biggish names. Lionel fucking Fanthorpe can fuck off however.

We have decisions to make about the show, but we have to get a bit further down the end of the road we are on before we get to the next fork (I just watched Bandersnatch, sorry for the shitty metaphor).

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on January 18, 2019, 05:13:24 PM
DS9 was clearly the better show, given that all of the characters were largely unlikable and it was still a watchable ride. Enterprise was worse than a painful shit.

Janeway is best Captain. There is no changing my mind here.
There is no accounting for tastes.

Asuka Langley

Chewbacca was the only good thing on Star Trek the rest of the characters were ghey

Metron2267

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 05:21:25 PM
I hate Enterprise so much it makes me angry when I think about it.

The only good thing I can say about it is the people that worked on everything I saw: the sets, the special effects, cgi, all that. Those people were GOOD. Everything else, I hate so much, I really really do.

The doctor was good, and I didn't mind the guy from Florida but everyone else can go out an airlock.

I initially blew it completely off...for years...then...yeah it actually does work. But you'd have to be an original Trekkie to get the reason why.

DynamoHum

Quote from: VC on January 18, 2019, 04:02:59 PM
Ok, when did she talk about Satanists in relation to you? I was listening to Brig's link that has your phone call and Heather's comments including Scotland Yard, but I heard nothing about Satanists.

When did HW do that? Did you call-in to the show a second time and get "on air" ?

She mentioned Winter Laake or whatever his name is.

Also Honourable mention to Lasha who threatened me with a satanist AND the mafia back in May.

DynamoHum

Quote from: VC on January 18, 2019, 04:02:59 PM
Ok, when did she talk about Satanists in relation to you? I was listening to Brig's link that has your phone call and Heather's comments including Scotland Yard, but I heard nothing about Satanists.

When did HW do that? Did you call-in to the show a second time and get "on air" ?

Adding: Once was enough call in wise. Damon does a much better job than me.

Metron2267

Quote from: DynamoHum on January 18, 2019, 05:27:30 PM
I think we have to put Heater to bed first, and yes that is an easy skein to mine, but even if we did the occasional “she’s not back yet” show I think it is vox pop - I agree it should be kept well away from more mainstream stuff.

I have no idea how it works. I have a yeti snowball mic and a pop guard, and I log into Discord...that’s the extent of my know how ... I would actually be interested in knowing how it all works myself...

I bet wr250 knows...

QuoteThe paranormal field in the UK as far as podcasts go appears to be a bit of a wasteland - there is the Pranormal UK network, Ben Emlyn Jones (who is a fun listen I might add), BAses UK (far out weird shit), headed up by Howard Hughes, who really is very good and isn’t just a podcaster - he has a national pranormal radio show every week. Art was right to want him to take over the show. Guest wise there is a lot of choice, but they are biggish names. Lionel fucking Fanthorpe can fuck off however.

I have been listening to Hughes - very impressive - does he not also do the voiceover for the paranormal app commercial?

QuoteWe have decisions to make about the show, but we have to get a bit further down the end of the road we are on before we get to the next fork (I just watched Bandersnatch, sorry for the shitty metaphor).

Lol, not bad.

But wither Dr. Karl, are you not a listener?

Jackstar

On the final episode of Star Trek: Enterprise (2001):

Quote from: Jolene Blalock"I don't know where to begin with that one... the final episode is... appalling.

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 18, 2019, 05:28:01 PM
There is no accounting for tastes.

You're terrible at research. Just awful. Die in a warp core breach.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on January 18, 2019, 05:28:47 PM
Chewbacca was the only good thing on Star Trek the rest of the characters were ghey

The robots sure were!

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on January 18, 2019, 05:32:41 PM
On the final episode of Star Trek: Enterprise (2001):

You're terrible at research. Just awful. Die in a warp core breach.

I agree, the ending was a total cop-out/let down. Oh well... The other 2 4 seasons were a joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyLSoKSyTXg

Corona Kitty

Actually .... Let me correct some thing..

Art bell did not want Howard Hughes or Bateman to take over the show. This was confirmed by Qeef Rowland.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 18, 2019, 05:29:16 PM
I initially blew it completely off...for years...then...yeah it actually does work. But you'd have to be an original Trekkie to get the reason why.

Well, I'm not old enough to have watched the original series as it aired but I love it because it reminds me of when it was on reruns all the time in the background when I was a wee lass (you know, the good ol' days). So you can also bite me for thinking you have some sort of knowledge about the series that I don't have because you saw it during its original run.

Enterprise was written by Braga and Berman. Braga wrote THE best episodes of Next Generation so I can only imagine that abortion that is Enterprise was him just sitting back and trying to rake in the Star Trek bucks without even trying to be a good writer anymore.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jackstar on January 18, 2019, 05:27:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBcXXfzrqco

Challenge: accepted.

lol, Thats another thing...that theme song.

I guess I don't have to say I did not click 'play'.

Might as well post this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJw2qd3MtqE

lol

Jackstar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 05:40:49 PM
I guess I don't have to say I did not click 'play'.

Suffering leads to strength.

Jackstar

Quote from: username on January 18, 2019, 05:35:36 PM
Art bell did not want Howard Hughes or Bateman to take over the show.

SETEC ASTRONOMY

Metron2267

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 18, 2019, 05:38:46 PM
Well, I'm not old enough to have watched the original series as it aired but I love it because it reminds me of when it was on a lot in the background when I was a wee lass (you know, the good ol' days). So you can also bite me for thinking you have some sort of knowledge about the series that I don't have because you saw it during its original run.

Oh but I do - origination!  It was well off the beaten TV path at the time and that is why it tanked, imo. Meanwhile Quinn Martin styled series like "The Invaders" recycled the same hard-boiled private eye formulae and fared a bit better. I'll not mention "Project UFO" for obvious reasons...

It's like hearing Hendrix live vs. seeing "Rainbow Bridge" - you get the same visuals and music but not the pineal shift.

Original is only so once. That's not a slam on you personally (or any other younger viewer), it's a signal that by the time you go back to examine geology the lava flows just aren't as fluid or compelling.Lyell might grasp this.

QuoteEnterprise was written by Braga and Berman. Braga wrote THE best episodes of Next Generation so I can only imagine that abortion that is Enterprise was him just sitting back and trying to rake in the Star Trek bucks without even trying to be a good writer anymore.

Dead wrong. I'm a big TNG fan and while there's nothing as poignant as "The Tether" in this series it had to occupy a different chapter in the timeline and did so with the same oft times camp humor that the original ST had. To me enterprise is the "Dazed and Confused" of the franchise and I never felt that film tried too pejoratively hard to be hip - ymmv. 8)

DynamoHum

Quote from: username on January 18, 2019, 05:35:36 PM
Actually .... Let me correct some thing..

Art bell did not want Howard Hughes or Bateman to take over the show. This was confirmed by Qeef Rowland.

I heard him and Pete talk about this, and acquiesce that point slightly...Hughes tells it slightly differently on the tribute show he did with Hoagland last year...(which even tho was Hoagie who I hate, was one of the better tributes).

Maybe Art was already in the pussy fog at that point...