• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

boxman

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on March 07, 2017, 07:49:47 PM
I'm dumb... don't understand why he doesn't?
Because he obviously does not give a shit. That became clear when he did absolutely nothing when affiliates started vaporizing in first place. He did not even make a call to the show.

ShayP

Quote from: boxman on March 07, 2017, 09:06:20 PM
Because he obviously does not give a shit.

Upper right corner?  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: jaz on March 07, 2017, 07:45:19 PM
That's my studio sir. :P
Located within The Jaz Shack, per chance?

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on March 07, 2017, 08:44:30 PM
LOL!  ;D  ;)
Did you note Cam in the rear widow, making a quick catch-up, Shay? ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on March 07, 2017, 09:27:01 PM
Located within The Jaz Shack, per chance?

Goes nicely with the car The Falkie Show money got me.

ItsOver

Quote from: jaz on March 07, 2017, 09:36:54 PM
Goes nicely with the car The Falkie Show money got me.

A man of great taste has no bounds. :))

JesusJuice

Quote from: ShayP on March 07, 2017, 08:59:03 PM
If I was Savage I wouldn't have settled a damn thing. 

Your lawyer isn't there to help you win but rather to get you the best deal. Savage might have won if he took it to trial but that would have been a lot of time and money. Specifically money. His lawyer would have showed him how much it would cost him to win the case and how much to settle. It's always cheaper to settle.

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on March 07, 2017, 10:01:49 PM

Your lawyer isn't there to help you win but rather to get you the best deal. Savage might have won if he took it to trial but that would have been a lot of time and money. Specifically money. His lawyer would have showed him how much it would cost him to win the case and how much to settle. It's always cheaper to settle.

Just a guess, but I doubt Savage settled.  How about the next bill came, and Art wised up and decided to bail.

All I can say is that I'm glad to see this matter finally settled for Art, and there's one less piece of drama in his life. Hopefully now he can focus on more important things, like his health, his family, and if he's actually considering it, another long awaited return to radio.

starrmtn001

Quote from: stlcoastfan1985 on March 08, 2017, 12:21:05 AM
All I can say is that I'm glad to see this matter finally settled for Art, and there's one less piece of drama in his life. Hopefully, now he can focus on more important things, like his health, his family, and if he's actually considering it, another long awaited return to radio.
I fully agree. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: thexfile on March 07, 2017, 06:54:51 PM
Maybe, Art will just do a podcast from his website.

or there's always ufoship.com.

Quote from: stlcoastfan1985 on March 08, 2017, 12:21:05 AM
All I can say is that I'm glad to see this matter finally settled for Art, and there's one less piece of drama in his life. Hopefully now he can focus on more important things, like his health, his family, and if he's actually considering it, another long awaited return to radio.

You know who creates the drama in Art's life, right?

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 08, 2017, 12:53:46 AM
You know who creates the drama in Art's life, right?
Art is a full time drama queen.  In more ways than one.

One thing I noticed recently while listening to the old shows is that the Terence McKenna shows were really really good.  It's a damn shame that he didn't get more air time with Art due to his sudden passing, I can tell from listening to those shows that Art had a special place in his heart for Terence.

Quote from: albrecht on March 05, 2017, 09:58:43 PM
There is magic in the static and it also is "nostalgia" and the idea of "pulling in" the signal versus some bland, perfect signal.

Maybe someday we'll have the technology to inject dynamic AM static into the digital streams. :)

littlechris

Quote from: ShayP on March 07, 2017, 08:59:03 PM
Did I miss something regarding the Bell v. Savage soap opera?  I heard what Savage said but he mentioned no names. "You say UFOs, you wind up in the PHILIPPINES with a 10-year-old hooker and you are off the radio after a number of years.  You can’t do UFOs. That’s an in-joke, by the way, for people who understand the business."  How could Art file a lawsuit based on implication and/or assumption?  I guess you can.   Obviously the fans would make the connection.  Now I see it was settled.  Hmmm.  If I was Savage I wouldn't have settled a damn thing.  I thought talk-radio hosts were thick skinned.  But at any rate...this means Art is coming back, right?  :D

Savage is a Fucken idiot for saying that whether you like Art Bell or not. Good for Art for going after Savage.  Maybe people will think twice before talking shit. You go after wealthy people and they'll have a team of lawyers on you in no time.  Very nice.

ItsOver

Quote from: LittleChris on March 08, 2017, 09:26:00 AM
...Maybe people will think twice before talking shit...

ShayP

Quote from: LittleChris on March 08, 2017, 09:26:00 AM
Savage is a Fucken idiot for saying that whether you like Art Bell or not. Good for Art for going after Savage.  Maybe people will think twice before talking shit. You go after wealthy people and they'll have a team of lawyers on you in no time.  Very nice.

I didn't condone Savage's language.  My curiosity was how Art can sue for defamation when his name was never specifically mentioned?  People will always talk shit in some degree or another.  I was surprised how this went down.  I didn't know Savage had a beef with Art to even say anything insulting at all. 

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on March 08, 2017, 09:48:41 AM
I didn't condone Savage's language.  My curiosity was how Art can sue for defamation when his name was never specifically mentioned?  People will always talk shit in some degree or another.  I was surprised how this went down.  I didn't know Savage had a beef with Art to even say anything insulting at all.
I don't think Savage had a real beef with Art when he made that comment.  It's just Weiner being Savage.  He talks shit about a lot of things and folks.  He's always ragging on competitor Mark Levin, mocking his voice, and,to some degree, Limbaugh by calling him things like "The golf bagger."  No big deal with them.  I've never heard Limbaugh say or do anything about it and Levin just fires back by critiquing Savage on his "talking meatballs." :))   

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ShayP on March 08, 2017, 09:48:41 AM
I didn't know Savage had a beef with Art to even say anything insulting at all.

I doubt that he did. Art's probably been the source of his fair share of radio gossip over the years and Savage was just repeating some scandal that he'd heard in the industry.

ItsOver

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 08, 2017, 10:25:38 AM
I doubt that he did. Art's probably been the source of his fair share of radio gossip over the years and Savage was just repeating some scandal that he'd heard in the industry.
Pretty much.  Art used to be the poster child for little green men and woo.  Now he's just a poster child for quitters and Manziers.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on March 08, 2017, 01:45:30 PM
Pretty much.  Art used to be the poster child for little green men and woo.  Now he's just a poster child for quitters and Manziers.

Hey, I thought we were going with The Bro?!  ???

littlechris

Quote from: ItsOver on March 08, 2017, 01:45:30 PM
Art used to be the poster child for little green men and woo.  Now he's just a poster child for quitters and Manziers.

Ouch.

Quote from: ItsOver on March 08, 2017, 06:16:38 AM
Art is a full time drama queen.  In more ways than one.

In all fairness, while Art does seem to attract a certain amount of drama, he can hardly be blamed for most of the things that have happened to him in his live. I mean honestly, how can you help it if someone wants you dead and takes potshots at you, or if your spouse happens to pass away unexpectedly, or some sick bastard molests your kid, or some loudmouth blowhard insults you? He may have a tendency to call it quits far too soon and far too often, but who wants that much trouble in their life? Especially when you're in the constant scrutiny of the public eye.

mikuthing01

Quote from: stlcoastfan1985 on March 08, 2017, 03:50:25 PM
In all fairness, while Art does seem to attract a certain amount of drama, he can hardly be blamed for most of the things that have happened to him in his live. I mean honestly, how can you help it if someone wants you dead and takes potshots at you, or if your spouse happens to pass away unexpectedly, or some sick bastard molests your kid, or some loudmouth blowhard insults you? He may have a tendency to call it quits far too soon and far too often, but who wants that much trouble in their life? Especially when you're in the constant scrutiny of the public eye.

That never happened tho

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 08, 2017, 04:19:35 PM
That never happened tho

Everyone do what he says. He means business. He'll do it, man!  :o

Quote from: mikuthing01
That never happened tho

Well, maybe I've been out of the loop for a while or I missed it somewhere, but can you show me where it says it didn't?

I bet Weiner was forced to look at Arts' tits.

mikuthing01

Quote from: stlcoastfan1985 on March 08, 2017, 07:42:01 PM
Quote from: mikuthing01
That never happened tho

Well, maybe I've been out of the loop for a while or I missed it somewhere, but can you show me where it says it didn't?
/quote]

The stalker story was a ruse to get out of doing the show