• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Quinn on June 27, 2011, 07:04:54 PM
Don't I know it. I saw Dylan in St. Louis a few years ago, and his voice was about the equivalent of a whoopee cushion being flattened by a 400 pound man.
lol, nice.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on June 28, 2011, 11:03:13 PM
I met Bob Dylan in St. Paul Minn. Think it was 1976. He was sitting in a Hotel bar nursing some drink. I was walking by and said Bob Dylan. right? He responded, "Fuck Off".
really???????

MV/Liberace!

oh, and hello to all the new souls here.  i hope you'll post often.

onan

Quote from: Michael V. on July 10, 2011, 02:05:13 PM
really???????

Yup really, not really sure of the year anymore. Heck maybe the guy wasn't Dylan. Maybe that's why he told me "politely" to "go away". But yeah I thought it was Dylan, and he didn't say I'm not Dylan you blind man.

What I do remember was feeling really stupid and embarrassed and to this day no matter what celebrity, I would just walk on by.

anagrammy

I always ignore celebrities, the couple I've seen.  All my life I've thought the loss of anonymity would be a terrible burden.  Imagine being rich and "powerful" (commanding whatever scripts you want, or whatever you want you can afford). 

But you can't go for a walk in a national park by yourself and be alone with nature.  You can't go ANYWHERE alone!  You never get to sit quietly in a restaurant and people watch, because everyone is always looking at you.

It's the stuff of nightmares and I feel very sorry for them despite their riches.

Anagrammy

CoastCanuck

Here is my first CoastGab post.  I'm a Canadian and have listened to C2C for about 3 years.  Sometimes I listen live when I have trouble sleeping, but mostly, it's through Streamlink.  George Knapp is my favorite host, but I like George Noory also.  C2C has opened my mind about many issues. I look forward to posting on this forum. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: CoastCanuck on July 14, 2011, 07:05:17 PM
Here is my first CoastGab post.  I'm a Canadian and have listened to C2C for about 3 years.  Sometimes I listen live when I have trouble sleeping, but mostly, it's through Streamlink.  George Knapp is my favorite host, but I like George Noory also.  C2C has opened my mind about many issues. I look forward to posting on this forum.
Hi, brother.  It's a pleasure to have you here, and hopefully this is the first of many posts to come.  By the way... I've been to Canada a couple of times.  Greatest people in the world.  The USA could have no better neighbor.

Afixer

Quote from: CoastCanuck on July 14, 2011, 07:05:17 PM... George Knapp is my favorite host, but I like George Noory also.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Just my sick sense of humor. Not many "Boory" fans here... including me. Welcome aboard though Canada, and fasten your seat belt..."do you wanna go for a ride?".

Welcome, CoastCanuck!

I'm not a Noory fan, myself.  But I figure without him, I wouldn't have found this great place! 

Most folks here are friendly.  They're all smart and funny.    ;) 

Look forward to chatting with you.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 14, 2011, 07:58:21 PM
Hi, brother.  It's a pleasure to have you here, and hopefully this is the first of many posts to come.  By the way... I've been to Canada a couple of times.  Greatest people in the world.  The USA could have no better neighbor.

Thank you, Michael.  To set the record straight, I'm a sister. I've been to the US several times and I think Americans are wonderful people.  It will be fun to discuss this show. 

Quote from: CoastCanuck on July 14, 2011, 07:05:17 PM
Here is my first CoastGab post.  I'm a Canadian and have listened to C2C for about 3 years. 

A fellow tasty! Welcome!

riverhawk

I hope I am doing this right, while listening to C2C last night I remembered the time when Art was trying to take over the 1am time slot from the leader of the GuardianAngels here in NY on ABC. Art would break into the show with an eari laugh and thunder and lightning. I sure miss Art,and am happy to have found site. Thanks

anagrammy

Welcome riverhawk!  I totally miss the thunder and lightning and the bwa-hahahaha!

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: riverhawk on July 15, 2011, 01:56:57 PM
I hope I am doing this right, while listening to C2C last night I remembered the time when Art was trying to take over the 1am time slot from the leader of the GuardianAngels here in NY on ABC. Art would break into the show with an eari laugh and thunder and lightning. I sure miss Art,and am happy to have found site. Thanks
hi, and welcome to the forums.  pleasure to have you.

was that curtis sliwa?  and did they actually play that audio of art laughing on sliwa's show?  sliwa allowed that?  lol

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 10, 2011, 02:00:25 PM
welcome to the forums!  actually, there are a good two or three of you in this thread with whom i've never had the pleasure of conversing.  i hope all of you will post often.

by the way, noorysmustache... if you'd be interested in doing a podcast, at least for staraters, see this thread.

Hi Michael, thanks for the welcome and the link... also, thanks very much for having the Art Bell Bumper Music thread, as I wouldn't have found this forum otherwise! :)

I'll take a look at that link now...

Quote from: Jethro Capone on July 10, 2011, 01:34:59 AM
I agree about Budd Hopkins. I hope that he's doing well. You asked about Kevin Randle and Leslie Kean. Randle is an expert on Roswell and crashed craft. He's a down-to-earth (no pun), rational, realistic, straightforward guy. Kean wrote "UFOs: Generals, Pilots, And Government Officials Go On The Record". On her work, Kaku said, "at last, a serious and thoughtful book about this controversial subject". John Podesta wrote the foreword of Kean's tome. That gives you an idea that her book is anything but another fun trip to Fantasyland. So many books and guests make the field look silly. Her book is the antidote to those plagues on serious endeavors that are mocked out of hand. The documentation is impressive, as are the witnesses.

Ronald Mallett is a great guest on physics and time travel. He's my fave go-to guy for both subjects. He wants to build a time machine to contact his dad, who died when he was young. He explains things very well.

My fave topics are:
ESP
UFO
cryptozoology
ghosts
ancient wonders
paranormal regions
conspiracy theories/secret societies
esoteric subjects
belief systems
historical subjects
bizarre technology
true crime 

I'd like to hear more shows about groups like gypsies. Maybe they could do shows on Melungeons or travelers, small cultural/sub-ethnic groups. A second idea, along the same lines, is a program with a guest who traced the far reaches of the Jewish diaspora from one end of the world to the other. They could have a discussion on how the Cohenim gene links White Jews in Israel to Black Jews in Zimbabwe, for just one example.

I have to say, every time I think about suggesting someone and then decide not to (or forget, normally!), someone else pops up and mentions them anyway! In this case, Mr Mallett... I have not listened to the interview(s) he has done on Coast as of yet but I'll try to do so at some point as his story was very interesting, IIRC.

Thank you also for your suggestions, there is plenty there that I had not even considered as a topic for discussion; for example, the sub-ethnic groups. Since you've mentioned it, that's really grown on me as has the gypsy/traveller subject. The other you've mentioned regarding the Jewish diaspora worldwide is something I have to admit to having Noory-esque naivety about. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as it makes me all the more inquisitive to understand/research it.

One of my many passing thoughts today was about Cryogenics and preserving life. I don't recall a Coast show on that particular subject and whilst not as expansive as UFO's/Aliens/Ghosts, I do think it does have some mileage in it. :)

DanDan

Dun dun .. dun dun .. dun dun .. dun dun .. DUN DUN. Is there an extra set of 'dun dun' in the sequence? I can't seem to remember.

Anyway, HAI YOU ZEALOTS! Hugs and kisses to all you future broskis and bros who are girls. Let money with un-moustache'd George stick-it-up-my-Noory's sexy face plastered with the tears of Communication Majors and the asshatery of "Secrets of mumble and the book of Revelation fulfilled in our goddamn times" Brother IDGAF (surely the ads are the same for everyone, no?) fall from the many, beloved Ufos' rafters as you welcome the DanDan. Use that money to buy me things -- preferably spray paint the color of Ian's aura: whatever the color pure awesome and a gorgeous Twitter photo is.

I just started listening to Coast to Coast on Monday or Tuesday of last week. I know, I know. I'm a noobosaur without having listened to Art, but c'mon guys and Anagrammy, I'm barely 16 -- inb4 yo im 12 and what this is. Definitely going to look up some sound cookies of Art soon, though, once I'm nonbusy being it summer and suffering listening to Rebecca Black's new single layered with nyan chorus.

Fuck me, how are all of you?

JeffreyLXV

Quote from: onan on June 28, 2011, 11:03:13 PM
I met Bob Dylan in St. Paul Minn. Think it was 1976. He was sitting in a Hotel bar nursing some drink. I was walking by and said Bob Dylan. right? He responded, "Fuck Off".

lol...  While working at a record store in Greenwich Village during the mid '80s I saw a lot of rockers and more. Most were pleasant. But Mick Jones from The Clash said the EXACT same thing to me and my friend as Dylan said to you! Just heavily accented. And coming from Jones the interpretation could be, "Yes, hello. Nice to meet you too. Have a nice day." At least that's how I took it.

And to follow up on another poster, Dylan did not give a good performance when I saw him either. It was at a state fair in Kentucky. I'm sure Dylan was thrilled to be there. In fact, to this day I'm not convinced it WAS Dylan. Hippy garbed with lots of hair, sunglasses, hat, harmonica and planted right in front of the mic, he did like a set of songs without a hello or goodbye. It could have been anybody. Well, maybe not Dolly Parton, I would have noticed. But Pee Wee Herman perhaps. Who knows?  Also, Steve Earle opened, popular and in his element, and was hard to follow.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DanDan on July 18, 2011, 08:21:48 PM

A pleasure to have you here. Post often.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anagrammy

Welcome, Dan-Dan!  I've read a few of your posts and enjoyed them. You definitely can hold your own across the generations! 

Anagrammy

Quinn

Quote from: JeffreyLXV on July 18, 2011, 11:49:42 PM
And to follow up on another poster, Dylan did not give a good performance when I saw him either. It was at a state fair in Kentucky. I'm sure Dylan was thrilled to be there. In fact, to this day I'm not convinced it WAS Dylan. Hippy garbed with lots of hair, sunglasses, hat, harmonica and planted right in front of the mic, he did like a set of songs without a hello or goodbye. It could have been anybody. Well, maybe not Dolly Parton, I would have noticed. But Pee Wee Herman perhaps. Who knows?
You know, someday I'll book an appearance at one of those things and claim that I'm Dylan. It wouldn't be hard convincing anyone once I'm onstage. You'd just have to stand (or stoop, really) at the microphone, bang on an electric keyboard, mumble whatever you want to a vague melody, and then bam! Student loans paid off!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Quinn on July 21, 2011, 02:56:00 AM
You know, someday I'll book an appearance at one of those things and claim that I'm Dylan. It wouldn't be hard convincing anyone once I'm onstage. You'd just have to stand (or stoop, really) at the microphone, bang on an electric keyboard, mumble whatever you want to a vague melody, and then bam! Student loans paid off!
u said it. i never gave a shit about dylan.

wryter

Greetings all, I just joined this forum as have been a C2C listener for about 15 years or so, off and on when work shift allowed, great to listen to. Cant say that all of what I hear there makes sense, but its great listening and at 3:00 am when your alone at work its great company.

Anyway just call me Wrtyer, lives in Canada, southwestern Ontario, 45 min from the US border, does photography as a interest, has worked as a printer for 40 years, write chincy smutt  for fun.............what can I say.come talk to me and see................winks

wryter

Quote from: DanDan on July 18, 2011, 08:21:48 PM
Dun dun .. dun dun .. dun dun .. dun dun .. DUN DUN. Is there an extra set of 'dun dun' in the sequence? I can't seem to remember.

Anyway, HAI YOU ZEALOTS! Hugs and kisses to all you future broskis and bros who are girls. Let money with un-moustache'd George stick-it-up-my-Noory's sexy face plastered with the tears of Communication Majors and the asshatery of "Secrets of mumble and the book of Revelation fulfilled in our goddamn times" Brother IDGAF (surely the ads are the same for everyone, no?) fall from the many, beloved Ufos' rafters as you welcome the DanDan. Use that money to buy me things -- preferably spray paint the color of Ian's aura: whatever the color pure awesome and a gorgeous Twitter photo is.

I just started listening to Coast to Coast on Monday or Tuesday of last week. I know, I know. I'm a noobosaur without having listened to Art, but c'mon guys and Anagrammy, I'm barely 16 -- inb4 yo im 12 and what this is. Definitely going to look up some sound cookies of Art soon, though, once I'm nonbusy being it summer and suffering listening to Rebecca Black's new single layered with nyan chorus.

Well welcome to it Dan Dan..............enjoy lil dude

MV/Liberace!

hey, wryter.  pleasure to have you here, and post often.

Quote from: wryter on August 03, 2011, 07:53:46 AM
           Anyway just call me Wrtyer, lives in Canada, southwestern Ontario, 45 min from the US border, does photography as a interest, has worked as a printer for 40 years, write chincy smutt  for fun.............what can I say.come talk to me and see................winks

Ahoy!

Avi

Bonjour! J'aime aux Canadiens bien. Donnez-moi des "smart remarks," s'il vous plait.

kingdomofsigh

Heyo! Been listening to Art since '95 or sometime abouts. Called in once and got right through to him on one of the late, great T. McKenna shows...and no I won't mention which one...it's too damn embarrassing hearing myself on it!  ; p 

It's funny as I remember getting really irritated with Art around the millennium change for what felt like incessant Quicken-shilling...yet...hot damn has Coast to Coast become an unlistenable idiot-fest when Noory hosts...HOT DAMN.

Been digging the stream of vintage Art...for all his nuttyness, the man is a great BS detector and knows his shit more in a half coma then GN could know with 50 call-screeners....it's been great to read all the hilarious CoastGab venting - been a useful steam release for what we all know is a great format that just needs some unNooryfication...so he's going to Hawaii? What?

Will Art return from retirement once more? Only the shadow (rodents) knows....

-KoS