• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

onan

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 02:50:27 PM
Part of my $100,000 paid a crew if brick layers to build my store.

Your straw man that the rich person is more valuable than the laborer is just not the opinion of the majority of investors...both are symbiotic in nature...I'm no "better" than anyone else...regardless of my net worth...

Symbiosis can be parasitic, which is often the case with employers.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on November 13, 2015, 02:48:54 PM
Well, you too have an interesting idea. Why not transfer all the wealth to the upper 1% since they make all the important decisions. Let's pay workers what they get in India. And if they complain we can always hire some version of the Pinkertons.
Isn't that the whole idea of Obama's open-border and the TPP? And I thought, according to the 'theory' that the 1% already has all, at least effectively, the wealth?  :o

I think there is a middle-ground here but I enjoy you true believers. Ah, if only that model of the peaceful Volk village in which everyone was happy, healthy, well-fed, and equal and every day sunny was true or ever worked. More damage and death has likely been done trying to get to Utopias than pragmatic approaches realizing that everyone cannot be equal because everyone is different in ability, motivation, intellect, desire, and so on.

chefist

Quote from: onan on November 13, 2015, 02:53:08 PM
Symbiosis can be parasitic, which is often the case with employers.

Absolutely there are parasitic owners...and ambulance chasing employees...

paladin1991

Quote from: onan on November 13, 2015, 02:50:36 PM
Your wife is probably what the credit companies call a deadbeat.
Hehhehehe.  And probably other things too.

She hates credit.  The world is leveraged on credit and she just looks on in amused horror.

onan

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 02:55:57 PM
Absolutely there are parasitic owners...and ambulance chasing employees...

Anyone can be an ambulance chaser. I am not so naive that I do not think there are parasitic employees. I fully admit this is a complicated issue. I also fully agree that risk deserves reward. I just find many rewards far outweigh the actual contribution.

Honestly, do you really believe Bill Gates earned every dollar he has? Where we can probably agree is the guys that pick our sweet potatoes earn every cent.

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 13, 2015, 02:57:30 PM

She hates credit.  The world is leveraged on credit and she just looks on in amused horror.

The only credit I use is on my home loan...never on cars or credit cards...

onan

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 13, 2015, 02:57:30 PM

If you are abducted, your wife can come live with us.

chefist

Quote from: onan on November 13, 2015, 03:00:45 PM
Anyone can be an ambulance chaser. I am not so naive that I do not think there are parasitic employees. I fully admit this is a complicated issue. I also fully agree that risk deserves reward. I just find many rewards far outweigh the actual contribution.

Honestly, do you really believe Bill Gates earned every dollar he has? Where we can probably agree is the guys that pick our sweet potatoes earn every cent.

Remember no Democrat is proposing wealth tax... Why? They are already rich! Their wealth like all other in the 1% come from investments, not income.

Not many make $1,000,000 a year...they got rich of capital investments, not income...

onan

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 03:01:41 PM

I'm lucky, I haven't used credit in more than 20 years. I have been able to buy the things I needed and wanted with the money I earned and saved.

I think credit is one of the worst curses man has ever created. And we con young adults into debt slavery every day.

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 03:01:41 PM

You and my wife will not meet.  I've just about got her talked into 'buying' me a Dodge Charger so that I can compensate for not being 23 years old anymore.

paladin1991

And what about that coffee and cinnabun, Chefist?  You got your company credit card on you?

chefist

Quote from: onan on November 13, 2015, 03:04:45 PM
I'm lucky, I haven't used credit in more than 20 years. I have been able to buy the things I needed and wanted with the money I earned and saved.

I think credit is one of the worst curses man has ever created. And we con young adults into debt slavery every day.

It really is...I drive a 2007 Mercury Grand Marquise with 75000 miles...bought it 2 years ago for $4800...amazing what deals are out there if you look!

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 13, 2015, 03:06:24 PM
And what about that coffee and cinnabun, Chefist?  You got your company credit card on you?

Felchie is your go to for that! I brew my own every morning!

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 03:07:42 PM
Felchie is your go to for that! I brew my own every morning!

*slow blink*

Wow.  I think I just got blown off.  Or hit on.  "I brew my own every *manly doubletake*    ~morning!~"

VtaGeezer

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 02:51:58 PM
What is a "fair" tax rate then?
It depends on your income...and trying to cover the US economy with just three or four individual rates is preposterous.  The top rate is now just under 40%...for people making $500K and for those making $50M.  That's nuts.  The very wealthy are playing working stiffs, I include most small business owners, for fools.  Sheldon Adelson has TWO personal 747s. One of them has a fucking skateboard ramp for his grandkid.  What's a fair rate for HIM?  Trump could wipe his ass with $1,000 bills (if we still had them) and it wouldn't be a rounding error on his daily expenses.  Is 40% OK for him?  Ben Carson has a net worth over $50M.  Clinton Inc parleyed a tour in the WH into $160M.  Bush?  No one knows what that fortune.  Your business, whatever it is, is like a shoeshine box to these people. But you've got their backs on tax rates.

Eddie Coyle

Free is when you don't pay for nothing or do nothing, we want to be free!

http://youtu.be/1cF0AkC3Y9g

chefist

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 03:17:40 PM
It depends on your income...and trying to cover the US economy with just three or four individual rates is preposterous.  The top rate is now just under 40%...for people making $500K and for those making $50M.  That's nuts.  The very wealthy are playing working stiffs...including most small business owners for fools.  Sheldon Adelson has TWO personal 747s. One of them has a fucking skateboard ramp for his grandkid.  What's a fair rate for HIM.  Trump could wipe his ass with $1,000 bills (if we still had them) and it wouldn't be a rounding error on his daily expenses.  Ben Carson has a net worth over $50M.  Clinton Inc parleyed a tour in the WH into $160M.  Bush?  No one knows what that fortune.  Your business, whatever it is, is like a shoeshine box to these people. But you've got their backs.

Don't presume to know anything about me...

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 13, 2015, 03:13:53 PM
*slow blink*

Wow.  I think I just got blown off.  Or hit on.  "I brew my own every *manly doubletake*    ~morning!~"

Lol steady on Marine...

onan

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 03:04:13 PM
Remember no Democrat is proposing wealth tax... Why? They are already rich! Their wealth like all other in the 1% come from investments, not income.

Not many make $1,000,000 a year...they got rich of capital investments, not income...

Yeah, at the same time... well about 20 years ago, White Westinghouse CEO invested the company capital in penny stock. He sent the company into financial ruin. He retired with a golden parachute of over 7 million dollars. He is hardly the only story of foolish management that caused financial ruin for the people and their families that received no golden parachute.

The guy should have done time. Anyway, the thing is, in my opinion, (do I need anymore qualifiers?) we need to place work as an equal component of wealth for every company and reward accordingly.

paladin1991

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 03:17:40 PM
It depends on your income...and trying to cover the US economy with just three or four individual rates is preposterous.  The top rate is now just under 40%...for people making $500K and for those making $50M.  That's nuts.  The very wealthy are playing working stiffs...including most small business owners for fools.  Sheldon Adelson has TWO personal 747s. One of them has a fucking skateboard ramp for his grandkid.  What's a fair rate for HIM.  Trump could wipe his ass with $1,000 bills (if we still had them) and it wouldn't be a rounding error on his daily expenses.  Ben Carson has a net worth over $50M.  Clinton Inc parleyed a tour in the WH into $160M.  Bush?  No one knows what that fortune.  Your business, whatever it is, is like a shoeshine box to these people. But you've got their backs.

Oh Geezer,
https://youtu.be/sqPLHv0PREU

chefist

Quote from: onan on November 13, 2015, 03:20:57 PM
Yeah, at the same time... well about 20 years ago, White Westinghouse CEO invested the company capital in penny stock. He sent the company into financial ruin. He retired with a golden parachute of over 7 million dollars. He is hardly the only story of foolish management that caused financial ruin for the people and their families that received no golden parachute.

The guy should have done time. Anyway, the thing is, in my opinion, (do I need anymore qualifiers?) we need to place work as an equal component of wealth for every company and reward accordingly.

How many were charged and convicted from the crash of 2007? None...

onan

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 13, 2015, 03:04:57 PM
You and my wife will not meet.  I've just about got her talked into 'buying' me a Dodge Charger so that I can compensate for not being 23 years old anymore.

I just had this conversation with my wife. I was sitting in the parking lot of Office Max while my wife was shopping. As she got into the car, I chuckled at a fellow parking next to me. He was driving a new Dodge Challenger, he had to be 80 and was using a cane to help him walk. Somehow I don't think he will be in the next Dodge commercial.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 03:23:41 PM
Angelo Mazilo (Countrywide) was fined about $70M, but IIRC, B of A paid it with TARP funds.  Those are the guys I'm talking about; they rake in 20-30 million/yr; year in year out, probably to accounts in the Caymans while the lags running a dry cleaning shop or roofing business are their tax rate cannon fodder.

pyewacket

Quote from: albrecht on November 13, 2015, 02:49:32 PM
Considering how poorly some of our professional politicians and government bureaucrats do under questioning sometimes, she did a pretty good job! She didn't get to consult with the press, limit and vett the questions, demand special lighting, fans, etc. She likely didn't even have a professional makeup artist or staff giving her all the talking-points. Kidding, sorta.

That's OK albrecht, I don't judge anybody by their wigs, or Lane Bryant pantsuits.  ;)
It's Chanel or nothing, baby.  ;D

VtaGeezer

Quote from: onan on November 13, 2015, 03:25:05 PM
I just had this conversation with my wife. I was sitting in the parking lot of Office Max while my wife was shopping. As she got into the car, I chuckled at a fellow parking next to me. He was driving a new Dodge Challenger, he had to be 80 and was using a cane to help him walk. Somehow I don't think he will be in the next Dodge commercial.
Classic car auctions are a sea of white hair.  Geezers looking for the car of their dreams at 17.  Like me!

onan

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 03:23:41 PM

QuoteBlue collar crime is expensive, costing roughly $14 billion every year (Veen).
This seems like a lot of money, and until it is put into perspective with the cost of white collar crime, it seems as
though the main focus of policing efforts should go towards blue collar crimes. Unfortunately,
white collar crime costs roughly 14 times the amount blue collar crime does, or about 200 billion each year (Veen)

http://scholars.unh.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1048&context=honors

albrecht

Will be interesting to see the BLM, primarily funded by Soros and Taco Bell guy, who never exploited any workers or whole economies/currencies, will be co-opted by the Democratic Party or if it will push the Democrats left. In any event there is a lot of money involved and is primarily financed by white 1%ers which seems at odd with their economic platform and racial theory.  :o
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/major-donors-consider-funding-black-lives-matter-215814

Meanwhile:
"I personally am tired of hearing that First Amendment rights protect students ..."
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/mizzou-student-vp-1st-amendment-creates-hostile-and-unsafe-learning-environment/