• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Game Boy help

Started by Juan, May 11, 2013, 05:53:32 AM

Juan

I'm writing a story that will be the next great American novel - ha.  It has a boy character about 8 and takes place in 1992 or so.  Said boy has a Game Boy - one of the old monochrome screen versions.  I know that Tetris came bundled, but what other games would he have wanted to buy?  Surely, there are some former Game Boy fans on this site.

Huh, I know there is some sortable by release date database out there. Mario Land comes to mind right away. Dr Mario also. I think the metroid game was ok and I seem to remember Kirby and tennis being good too.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Game_Boy_games

I'd second MarioLand and Dr. Mario as well...

ziznak

ah there was a horrible castlevania for it.  have you ever been to a site called gamefaqs?  I'm there quite a lot for walkthroughs and gamer shit.
www.gamefaqs.com

PChirp

By far, the favorite in those days was Kirby's Pinball.  Could play that for hours!  Moved/purchase a color game boys system which also accepted the Kirby's Pinball Adventure on the new system.  To this day, I pass time now and again playing the game in my downtime.  Cool game!   ;D Love it!  Really shows my age, though.  ::)

ziznak

Quote from: PurpleChirple on June 10, 2013, 10:31:13 PM
By far, the favorite in those days was Kirby's Pinball.  Could play that for hours!  Moved/purchase a color game boys system which also accepted the Kirby's Pinball Adventure on the new system.  To this day, I pass time now and again playing the game in my downtime.  Cool game!   ;D Love it!  Really shows my age, though.  ::)
thats funny one of my favorite original gb titles was some sort of pinball that was alligator themed... revenge of the gator i think.  Same thing even when i moved onto the color gb I still played it for hours.  Best pinball was the metroid prime hunters pinball that came out in the early DS days.  Theres a few other good pinball games out there... pinball is kinda timeless i guess... always a hit.

Quote from: ziznak on June 11, 2013, 01:00:19 PM
thats funny one of my favorite original gb titles was some sort of pinball that was alligator themed... revenge of the gator i think.  Same thing even when i moved onto the color gb I still played it for hours.  Best pinball was the metroid prime hunters pinball that came out in the early DS days.  Theres a few other good pinball games out there... pinball is kinda timeless i guess... always a hit.

Revenge of the Gator was excellent

scottydawg

There was a great Star Trek:TOS game where you had to fly to different planets, beam down, pick up different parts of an ancient weapon to defeat some cosmic bad guy. It was cool to see tiny Kirk, Spock and McCoy beam down to planets!
Played this on long road trips down to Chicago. Dad would always yell out, "Overpass!" to let me know it was about to go dark in back of the station wagon!