• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Warren As Main Host?

Started by Seamus Capone, March 04, 2012, 11:23:10 PM

Seamus Capone

How would the enthusiastic Joshua P. do as the main host of Coast? He deserves more than a "moment", as a few posters here mentioned. Some people might think that some of his stories are fabricated and that some of his theories are convoluted, but it can't be denied that he has a passion for the paranormal, which is sorely lacking in Noory. Warren obviously is educated in and experienced with the subject, and he's an intelligent person who can discuss the topic without using endless cliches. He brings something to the table. It's hard to say how he would handle mainstream programs, so maybe he could host open lines on Friday nights as a trial balloon. He listens to callers, and he replies to them like someone who is genuinely interested in the exploration of the paranormal. Is there a place for such an energetic host, as opposed to the tired Noory, on the current roster? 

Quote from: Jethro Capone on March 04, 2012, 11:23:10 PM
... Is there a place for such an energetic host, as opposed to the tired Noory, on the current roster?

Doesn't seem to be

Gassy Man

He strikes me as a snake oil salesman -- articulate the way a used car guy is and just about as believable.  He jumps in with all kinds of stories that make it sound like he's far more learned and experienced than he is likely to be -- his stories are too conveniently constructed and he overdramatizes things.  If Noory is a boob, Warren is a grifter.

Usagi

I'm down with that.  I enjoy listening to him.  He's also kinda cute... which, as you know, is of utmost importance in radio.

Has Warren ever guest hosted a full show?  The powers that be ought to give it a shot, although I doubt they ever would on a regular basis. We know full well that their modus operandi isn't delivering a quality (or at least entertaining) paranormal show, but to fit in with what they consider commercial viable audio tripe for scared aging right-wingers.  Exhibit A: John B. Wells (who, coincidentally, I don't like, but also don't entirely hate.  Yet.).

Usagi

Quote from: Gassy Man on March 05, 2012, 12:43:26 AM
He strikes me as a snake oil salesman -- articulate the way a used car guy is and just about as believable.  He jumps in with all kinds of stories that make it sound like he's far more learned and experienced than he is likely to be -- his stories are too conveniently constructed and he overdramatizes things.  If Noory is a boob, Warren is a grifter.

I actually agree with this, but that doesn't negate the fact that he'd be better than Noory.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Usagi on March 05, 2012, 12:49:58 AM
I actually agree with this, but that doesn't negate the fact that he'd be better than Noory.

Even if you and Gassy Man are right, Warren would be entertaining once a week. If he hosted open lines, we might not get a constant barrage of health stories. The calls likely would be more entertaining, and Warren's replies definitely would be. Unfortunately, as Paperboy said, it's a moot point.

b_dubb

jpw is a worthless tool. he'd reduce the show to being about his amway distributorship. puke