• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Jackstar

Quotebehind the mask was a sex-mad actor who slept with up to eight women a night
[...]
his parents had divorced and he was living in Seattle with his mother

The man is a legend.

Jackstar

I wonder, at what the distribution of colors that are chosen by this semi-random sampling of military members might signify.

I mean... that's a lot of white. And one yellow? Is that the Admiral's ride? Enquiring minds want to know.

Juan

Cosby spokesman says Gloria Allred needs to go back to law school.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: 初音ミク 追加する on June 17, 2017, 02:30:44 PM
Welcome back Roswells, Art-chan! Did you enjoy your ban ~desu?

Where have you been? Out traumatizing children probably.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Mega-Dildos, Hoagy on June 17, 2017, 03:08:30 PM
Where have you been? Out traumatizing children probably.

Enjoy your mega dildos Roswells, Art-chan!

albrecht

I find it amusing that on Father's Day the tv shows the "whitest" and elitist of sports: yachting and golf.

I was parsing some source-code when I stumbled across this:

/*
* Only probe "regular" interrupts, don't
* touch dangerous spots like the mouse irq,
* because there are mice that apparently
* get really confused if they get fondled
* too intimately. ...

* (C) Copyright 1999, 2000 Linus Torvalds
*/
;D

ShayP

Quote from: b🎱man on June 18, 2017, 05:12:49 PM
https://twitter.com/flodawp/status/876464318128062465

LOL!  Is he dying of cancer or something?  He really does look like a 12 year old.  Actually, he looks like he's 8.  Wow.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on June 18, 2017, 05:17:19 PM
LOL!  Is he dying of cancer or something?  He really does look like a 12 year old.  Actually, he looks like he's 8.  Wow.
AIDS? Wow. I knew he was wasting away but that is crazy. Clearly he is no longer chowing down soul food at Sylvia's anymore!

albrecht

I can eat pickles, no problem. But have cucumbers on a sandwich at lunch and still taste? Especially if a burp. Even after a dinner and hours? How do the Brits deal with this phenomena?  Or does the tea counter-act the situation?

ShayP

The Scotch Tape that smelled like mint...does it still exist?  And why did they need to give it a scent to begin with?

BobGrau

Quote from: albrecht on June 18, 2017, 11:16:23 PM
I can eat pickles, no problem. But have cucumbers on a sandwich at lunch and still taste? Especially if a burp. Even after a dinner and hours? How do the Brits deal with this phenomena?  Or does the tea counter-act the situation?

Cucumbers are supposed to have a taste?

The cucumbers I grew up with are bland and tasteless, but other cucumbers now available commercially are pretty good.  Try the Persian, Japanese, English, and Lemon Cucumbers.

One of the Roman emperors liked cucumbers so much that in order to have them available all year around, his gardeners grew them on wheeled carts - they set the carts in the sun during the day and would bring them inside at night.  The rooms they were kept in at night were the first greenhouses.

Kid just got home from first complete 8 hour day of work.

And the verdict is...............

"I....  I... I don't like it"  Only about 50 more years to go - he he he.  ;D

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on June 18, 2017, 11:16:23 PM
I can eat pickles, no problem. But have cucumbers on a sandwich at lunch and still taste?

There's some kind of enzyme or something in cucumbers. They taste like soap. They always have, they perhaps always will. I had always thought that people just liked eating soap, and then in young adulthood I learned that different people have different reactions to different enzymes.

I can't eat raw carrots, either--they turn to chalk in my throat. It's a little weird. Cooked, they're delicious. The answer to your problem is likely to peel the cucumbers.

That's not a euphemism... yet.

Quote from: Jackstar on June 19, 2017, 07:40:04 PM

There's some kind of enzyme or something in cucumbers. They taste like soap. They always have, they perhaps always will. I had always thought that people just liked eating soap, and then in young adulthood I learned that different people have different reactions to different enzymes.

I can't eat raw carrots, either--they turn to chalk in my throat. It's a little weird. Cooked, they're delicious. The answer to your problem is likely to peel the cucumbers.

Cucumbers, apples, bell peppers, anything with a hard smooth skin like that get washed when they arrive at the packing warehouse, then dipped in wax to make them ''shiny'' and have more eye appeal in the store. 

That may be what you're tasting, not sure.  But the other types of cucs do taste different from those big fat gross ones.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on June 19, 2017, 07:40:04 PM

Thanks. Of course there are sites on the internet:
https://hubpages.com/food/i-hate-cucumbers

Another random thought: visited a few of the local sports stores this weekend (Academy and Cabela's) how did we get into a situation where a COOLER is more expensive than a pistol?

bateman

https://youtu.be/cPwCFq8X4h4

"As a millennial, I like to buy a brand that has a story behind it, that comes from grassroots travelers"

Dr. MD MD

I've finally come to a major life decision. Given a choice between chocolate and chocolate fudge you should probably always choose chocolate fudge.  ;)