• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

EvB

Michael, that's classic!

BTW - I thought they young Ms. Cronkite refereed to Hoagland as a "kook" -- but CROOK?  GO CRONKITE!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on November 30, 2009, 01:53:03 PM
Michael, that's classic!

BTW - I thought they young Ms. Cronkite refereed to Hoagland as a "kook" -- but CROOK?  GO CRONKITE!
haha, i read "kook" but saw "krook" and thought the person quoting had misspelled the word, so i "corrected" it.  look how well that turned out.

fixed.  thx.

MV/Liberace!

and by the way, i do believe the word "crook" would have been appropriate, as well.  i think hoagland embellishes (or even lies about) some of his credentials and some of his evidence.  he then sells books and other wares based on these embellishments.  thus, crook.

beyond all of that, though... i just find him to be an annoying man who never shuts up to let others speak and pretends he is actually a scientist... and an important one, at that.

yet another guest to whom i thought art gave too much of a forum.

even back in art's (and by extension the show's) prime (which i consider to be 1994-1997), i'd turn off the radio when hoagland was on.  i have NEVER heard an entire show in which hoagland was guest.  never.  i just can't take the guy.

and now with noory as host it's exponentially worse than before because hoagland is more intelligent (and therefore more in control) than the ineffective, incidental host.

MABUSE

Quote from: MV on November 30, 2009, 03:33:00 PM
and by the way, i do believe the word "crook" would have been appropriate, as well.  i think hoagland embellishes (or even lies about) some of his credentials and some of his evidence.  he then sells books and other wares based on these embellishments.  thus, crook.

beyond all of that, though... i just find him to be an annoying man who never shuts up to let others speak and pretends he is actually a scientist... and an important one, at that.

yet another guest to whom i thought art gave too much of a forum.

Perhaps the Angstrom Foundation could NOT award Nuri a science award for his sterling work in promulgating Hoaxland's crackpottery and then George could lie about it like his mentor?  Hell, why don't we ALL lie about getting foreign awards which either don't exist or which we didn't receive.  Then maybe we could get air time with the Great and Powerful Gilded Turd too and shill whatever snake oil du jour is the flavour of the month.  Personally I am going to claim that the Mayans were actually Templars and 2012 is all related to the Dan Brown apocrypha.  I'll call myself Doctor Baphomet.

**M**

MV/Liberace!

and here i've attached a screen capture i made of the google imagery for those who might want a better look at this thing than the video can provide.

the head its self is actually a concave formation in the ground contrary to what your eyes might tell you.

MV/Liberace!

something else about hoagland, while i'm thinking of it:  he's always going on and on about how something big is about to "break."

"i'm telling you, george... when the truth comes out next week as i proudly don my wolverine haircut and civil war beard from a particle-board reinforced stage at this bullshit conference i'll be attending in the ballroom of a condemned hotel in devil's sphincter, idaho... this thing is going to change the way we think about moon dust and such.  be there at five.  admission isn't free."

or:

"george, what the space agency has been hiding from us for so many years is going to change how we do everything from flipping light switches to picking at our scabs.  the problem is we just can't get this bitch at the nasa receptionist desk to xerox it all for me.  she keeps giving my team a bunch of "what have you."  there is a chapter in my new book, space, anuses, and pitted prunes, on this very matter."

it seems like every time i accidentally hear hoagland, the few moments his vinegar voice is piercing my otherwise pellucid, brook-like environment are filled with suggestions of unsubstantiated conspiracy, conjecture, grandiose promises, and self promoting condescension.

in other words, i'd rather be eating my own bitten finger nails.

as you were.

MABUSE

Quote from: MV on November 30, 2009, 04:26:52 PM
something else about hoagland, while i'm thinking of it:  he's always going on and on about how something big is about to "break."
in other words, i'd rather be eating my own bitten finger nails.

I, too, would "rather be eating your own bitten fingernails" as it were.

As a follow-up:
Have you noticed that these big, pending breakthroughs apparently occur un-trumpeted (or are "suppressed") and eventually pass into history and are then louldy referenced as further proof of genius?  Perhaps this is the Hyperdimensional Secret: Hoaxland, like his theories, has no PRESENT TENSE, only a "perfected past" and a "future perfect". 

There is a real creepiness about this "Wolkenkukusheim" approach that bears an unnerving resemblance to Reich Science.  I was particularly struck by this when watching the History Channel "2012" thing and Tricky Dick doing his ancient ruins spiel with his crackpot twist and old Bulova wristwatch parts.  It reminded me of the footage and narration of the film of the Ahnenerbe's Tibet Expedition in 1939.   Wolfram Sievers, Richard Darre and Tricky Dick Hoaxland are all intellectual brethren cast from the same flawed mold and The Enterprise Institute and Studiengesellschaft für Geistesurgeschichte are REALLY more alike in thought and methodology than one might think.  And THAT, gentle reader, should REALLY give one a bad case of the wilis, heebie-jeebies and downright shudders.

**M**   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MABUSE on November 30, 2009, 04:46:31 PM
with his crackpot twist and old Bulova wristwatch parts.
for whatever reason, despite the continual dropping of literary nuggets of genius throughout, this line made me guffaw.

bulova wristwatch parts!!  HAAAAAAAA!  that's really cracking me up and i'm not sure why.  i'm pretty tired right now, though, and i was cracking up with tears in my eyes as i typed my previous post, causing my desk to shift about the room violently as i laughed at my own supposed comic genius.  i think i need sleep.  but i know this bulova line is going to make me laugh tomorrow, too.

MABUSE

Quote from: MV on November 30, 2009, 05:30:55 PM
for whatever reason, despite the continual dropping of literary nuggets of genius throughout, this line made me guffaw.

bulova wristwatch parts!!  HAAAAAAAA!  that's really cracking me up and i'm not sure why.  i'm pretty tired right now, though, and i was cracking up with tears in my eyes as i typed my previous post, causing my desk to shift about the room violently as i laughed at my own supposed comic genius.  i think i need sleep.  but i know this bulova line is going to make me laugh tomorrow, too.

I SERIOUSLY did NOT make that part up!  He was wandering around Tikal or Chichen Itza or something and had his laptop wired up to (using alligator clips no less) a disassembled old Bulova watch which he claimed was able to measure changes in vibrations in hyperdimensional fields at these old "node" sites.  I snorted Drambuie out my nose I laughed so hard (and trust me that is a PAINFUL result!).  If you haven't seen that history Channel 2012 thing I recommend it for its pure comic hilarity.  BTW, I got a rousing chuckle from YOUR post as well, verily it inspired me to greater heights of depth.

**M**

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MABUSE on November 30, 2009, 06:36:27 PM
I SERIOUSLY did NOT make that part up!  He was wandering around Tikal or Chichen Itza or something and had his laptop wired up to (using alligator clips no less) a disassembled old Bulova watch which he claimed was able to measure changes in vibrations in hyperdimensional fields at these old "node" sites.  I snorted Drambuie out my nose I laughed so hard (and trust me that is a PAINFUL result!).  If you haven't seen that history Channel 2012 thing I recommend it for its pure comic hilarity.

**M**
if anybody knows where to find video of this, you have GOT to get it posted here.

MABUSE

Quote from: MV on November 30, 2009, 06:45:25 PM
if anybody knows where to find video of this, you have GOT to get it posted here.

DAMN YOU for making me go look for this!  LOL ;)
OK
here you go....if you watch the whole thing, it is a veritable parade of C2C nutjobs and some "profound" insights from the Gilded Turd Himself.  OH, and notice that Tricky Dick is a NASA CONSULTANT!!!! 

Sela

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

There you go *M* - you left off the initial h in http

EvB

"Tricky Dick" is an scam artist - to be sure - but I was really disappointed that Ian (at least while I was listening) didn't bring up the date comparison error from the switch from the Julian to the Gregorian calendars.   If I understand correctly - the Mayan 2012 was our 2008.

Or did Dickie Darling explain that away with the Bulova time-keeping thing?

Oh, BTW - did anyone notice GN saying "everyone will be happy again" as an option for what will happen?  When was everyone EVER happy?  Good lord!

Curtis Loew

Well I'm off to catch me some of those  Tetrahedron Energy Waves and hopefully the down under equivalent  of Best Buy or Walmart have  some  Torsion Fields, can't wait  to try them out.

Good grief, watching that video was like "Friday Night Open Lines"  with pictures.  All that's missing is,  Fanny from Alabama,  a Truck Driver that hasn't slept for 5 days and some drunk guy from Dayton- Ohio.  ???

MV/Liberace!

i just watched that video.  all i can say is, "god damn."

i don't know who to be angrier at:  george noory for continuing to give this guy a forum, or art bell for getting this guy STARTED on the show.  people like ed dames and richard hoagland have served to do nothing but diminish the credibility of everybody else who appears on coast to coast.  i'm tired of george trying to make the show out to be a place where people go when they want to be at the cutting edge of news and information.  bullshit.  c2c is the cutting edge of inaccuracies, misinformation, and lies overseen by a host who properly challenges nobody.

MABUSE

Quote from: EvB on November 30, 2009, 09:21:23 PM
Oh, BTW - did anyone notice GN saying "everyone will be happy again" as an option for what will happen?  When was everyone EVER happy?  Good lord!

Like you, Evb, I blame the Carthaginians, damned Barca family...grumblegrumble harumph...

Remember, this was only a small segment of a larger show!

I am glad my stumbling, first attempt at video posting (thanks for the fix Evb!) has given such "joy" and made "everyone happy again".  Nothing like a little Schadenfreude to go with my morning coffee to really start the day off right! But alas, the vibrating fork of my 1964 Bulova timepiece tells me that it is time to actually to attempt something constructive with the day.

**M**

UPDATE:
All this got me chasing a half-forgotten memory down an overgrown mental path.  I swear I had run across similar outlandish cosmology before and finally, after a long, hard, grunt-inducing think I remembered it:  Go ye and seek out the works of one Hanns Hoerbiger & Welteislehre.  Gawd almighty!  My earlier snipe about Nazi Science was more on the mark than I realized.  Hoaxland, Sitchin, Nuri et al. are in truly illustrious company!
Remember what Voltaire said: "Those that can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

**M**

exC2Cfan

Every time Hoagland is on, he breathlessly announces that tomorrow, in a few days, next week, etc., he's going to reveal a new discovery that is going to rewrite history, that is going to shake the scientific world to its foundation, that's going to shut the debunkers up once and for all, and does it ever happen? If he ever announced a discovery half as earthshaking as he says it will be, it seems to me it would be front page news, but that's usually the last we ever hear of it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: exC2Cfan on December 02, 2009, 03:46:13 PM
Every time Hoagland is on, he breathlessly announces that tomorrow, in a few days, next week, etc., he's going to reveal a new discovery that is going to rewrite history, that is going to shake the scientific world to its foundation, that's going to shut the debunkers up once and for all, and does it ever happen? If he ever announced a discovery half as earthshaking as he says it will be, it seems to me it would be front page news, but that's usually the last we ever hear of it.
precisely.   i refer you to the above post.  i was rather proud of myself on this one.
http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,1561.msg22822.html#msg22822

MABUSE

Quote from: MV on December 02, 2009, 04:28:23 PM
precisely.   i refer you to the above post.  i was rather proud of myself on this one.
http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,1561.msg22822.html#msg22822

I was proud of you too! Esp. since it gave rise to all my rambling rants about that perambulatory crypto-nazi and Ebay Bulova Baron The Hoaxland.

**M**

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MABUSE on December 02, 2009, 05:25:40 PM
I was proud of you too! Esp. since it gave rise to all my rambling rants about that perambulatory crypto-nazi and Ebay Bulova Baron The Hoaxland.

**M**

haha!!  i'm a bit tipsy on wine here, but you're generating a guffaw or two.  again.

MABUSE

Quote from: MV on December 02, 2009, 06:46:38 PM
haha!!  i'm a bit tipsy on wine here, but you're generating a guffaw or two.  again.

Hey MV:

Did you look close at your Mars photo?  There IS a face, by God and it answers SOOOO many questions!

**M**

EvB

I'm lost - I don't see squat!  Where is the face?

No, wait!  Does it look like a CAT?  I see a cat.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MABUSE on December 03, 2009, 12:23:32 AM

Hey MV:

Did you look close at your Mars photo?  There IS a face, by God and it answers SOOOO many questions!

**M**
the face when originally discovered was shown in a picture where the sunlight only lit the "face-like" half of the structure.  when new pictures were eventually taken in which the entire face could be seen, it seems it became pretty clear that it was all bullshit.  however, hoagland just can't let it go.  it's his entire reason for bathing daily (which might be an assumption).

although the "face" in this pic is interesting, i think it's nothing more than a geological anomaly.  there are plenty of examples of this on earth.  furthermore, the other structures in cydonia (the "pyramid" etc.) seem even less impressive to me.

exC2Cfan

Yes, I see a face! And it's the same face that I saw in a cloud that drifted over my house this morning. Thanks to George Noory, we know that cannot have been a coincidence, so who is behind these faces? Shadow people? Globalists? Time travellers? Interdimensional beings? Interdimensional time travellers? Time travelling interdimensional shadow globalist beings? We can only hope that Richard C. Hoagland will reveal all next time he's on.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: exC2Cfan on December 04, 2009, 12:49:58 AM
...so who is behind these faces? Shadow people? Globalists? Time travellers? Interdimensional beings? Interdimensional time travellers? Time travelling interdimensional shadow globalist beings?
i'm going to opt for "none of the above" and select "postal employees."

thank you.

KnyeGuy

Ok, I haven't scoured back across the postings here, but did anyone happen to hear Hoagland on the show sometime in the past month or two (can't remember exactly when, as I don't tune in regularly) when he mentioned something about the 'face' being a C3PO type of being?  It wasn't a comment in passing to be amusing or anything, he was serious and went on to such ridiculous theories afterwards that I couldn't continue listening even for the entertainment factor (there really isn't one anymore with Hoagland).

I still crack up after hearing him for the first time back in 2000, when I became a regular listener of Art, and he had various photos "proving" the evidence of a ruined city on Mars... Of course it all came down to the phenomenon of recognizing shapes/patterns in random visual stimuli (what is the technical term for that? I've searched this regarding the objects/symbols one can see in clouds, but still haven't found it).

At any rate, even Art called BS on him that night... And I immediately knew that Hoagland would become a never ending source of entertaining quackery. I just never knew that the entertainment factor would lose novelty so quickly and morph into extreme levels of annoyance!

How many times has this guy screamed that "disclosure is imminent this year, George!"

Geez

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: KnyeGuy on December 04, 2009, 04:00:44 PM
...he mentioned something about the 'face' being a C3PO type of being?  It wasn't a comment in passing to be amusing or anything, he was serious and went on to such ridiculous theories afterwards...
you've got to be fucking kidding me.  the seas will part if i can hear audio of this.  holy christ on a popsicle stick.

EvB

He's not kidding.  I heard it with my own ears.  Thing is - I've once again let my streamlink account lapse - so can't get you a copy.  Hopefully someone else will.

MABUSE

Quote from: EvB on December 04, 2009, 01:48:14 PM
DUDES!  I'm telling you it's a CAT!

GUYS, I was JOKING!!!! look in the upper right hand quadrant!  I was dicking around and thought it would be funny...I was either too subtle or too stupid for my own good. (And in fact is a left-over from a mocking version of Where's Waldo some friends and I were playing back in the old days...)
MEA CULPA!
The HOAXLAND C3PO thing was like 2 or 3 years ago, back when I still listened occassionally.  In fact, it was THAT show more than any other that convinced me that Hoaxland was grasping at the memory of shadows of straws as concrete proof of anything.

**M**