• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Future Theater

Started by nbirnes, December 13, 2013, 01:13:22 PM

chefist

Quote from: Morgus on June 17, 2015, 03:09:45 PM
the ex-CEO of Hewlett-Packard is running too, Carly somebody?  8)

Fiorina...she approved the aquistion of Compaq computers by HP...one of the worst business decisions ever...HP just could have had Dell private label for around 1/4 the cost of acquiring Compaq...oh well...

MV/Liberace!

well, she ran HP into the ground and phonied up the books to make things look profitable by simply rolling out the old "fire everybody" trick, so surely she's fit for government.  failure is a prerequisite for political entry.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on June 17, 2015, 03:11:34 PM

The Spec Sheet should do some reviews of good low priced bluetooth speakers that many may wish to buy to listen with for Art's new show starting next month...

sure, i'll review any bluetooth speaker you send me.

nbirnes

There's so many of them! When every possible instance of representation is 51% female, then we can stop caterwauling and wringing our hands.

When you don't have to point out that someone is female (or brown, or young, or old) and adequately functioning ... then the culture will feel a little fairer. Parents won't have to tell their kids to be careful if they want to try something their heart tells them they were born to do, but society says nah.

And someone made the argument that maybe female firefighters should be paid less because they can't do the heavier work? What happens to that argument when a really strong woman comes into the job place?

So many people have had to overcome really stupid cultural conditioning before they can even begin to compete or even get a basic job. They've made movies about this very topic.

Ms. C

Quote from: chefist on June 17, 2015, 03:12:04 PM
Fiorina...she approved the aquistion of Compaq computers by HP...one of the worst business decisions ever...HP just could have had Dell private label for around 1/4 the cost of acquiring Compaq...oh well...

yes and on an earlier Spec Sheet -- MV & Curtis were talking about how this dingbat Carly Fiorina forgot to register the .org domain with her name ... so someone went and grabbed it and placed on it  30,000 unsmiling faces to represent all the employees she managed to make lose their jobs .... (I did more research the following day ... here is the article!!!!)

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/carly-fiorina-website-mistake/

and here is the website:

http://carlyfiorina.org/

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ms. C on June 17, 2015, 03:24:30 PM

yes and on an earlier Spec Sheet -- MV & Curtis were talking about how this dingbat Carly Fiorina forgot to register the .org domain with her name ... so someone went and grabbed it and placed on it  30,000 unsmiling faces to represent all the employees she managed to make lose their jobs .... (I did more research the following day ... here is the article!!!!)

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/carly-fiorina-website-mistake/

don't let fiorina's technical ignorance frighten you, though.  if elected, she'll hire several "techno experts" to advise her.  all is well.

zeebo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on June 17, 2015, 06:00:32 AM
Hey people are entitled to their opinions. I guess I was hoping for some peace and love here, but then I remembered that I was posting on bellgab. LOL

Haha, yep.   :D   In any case, more power to you (and Nancy and all the other podcasters) for being willing to get out there and be a public voice.  Keep doin' what you love doing.  Btw I'm still looking forward to checking out your show sometime.

Quote from: Lunger on June 17, 2015, 05:20:20 AM
Nancy said this?

Its actually jaw-dropping that she would automatically default to Misogynist/Hater charges against her critics.  I assumed that she was more mature than that, but well....here we are...

She did.  But now claims to have been 'joking' the whole time. 

Listen for yourself, starting around 1:21:08:

"Where I wanted to bring this conversation at some point tonight was, there is this thing that is happening on the BellGab thread and it's, uh, a woman, uh, wrote on the thread how much she hated the way I interrupted the men and so forth, and she's one of the people I did write back to and in the course of it, in the course of writing back and forth to her, you can see it in the thread, she talks about ''well I don't want you to think I'm a misogynist.  I don't hate you because you're a woman, I just hate you because I hate you.  Because I'm a woman myself".  And so she then went on to tell everybody I hate telling you all that I'm a woman because..."

So to her the objections people originally posted after the MV interview weren't because of the interruptions themselves, it was because she was interrupting the men.  Interesting how she just tosses that out so matter-of-factly.  Is that what was posted, or implied?  No, it is not

It doesn't even really make sense because if she were to check the George Noory Sucks thread she'd find one of the common complaints some of us have made about George all along is his interruptions of the guests, including female guests, and the creepy way he interacts with female callers. 

She goes on to paraphrase the female poster "I don't hate you because you're a woman, I just hate you because I hate you". 

Is that what the poster posted?  No, it is not. 

What other conclusion can one draw from this other than in Nancy's little feminist world men criticizing women are misogynists, and women doing so are simply 'haters'?

Quote from: nbirnes on June 17, 2015, 12:32:49 PM
I was out and about yesterday and last night in the real world, so I missed all the Spec Sheet and Gabcast and fun with this thread. I'll catch up later, but I did want to add this one point to the conversation: We were kidding around.

We were joking with you about men vs. women. Who, in their right mind in this day and age, would think that was a serious worry or fight or concern?

The hard core 'Progressive' feminists would think that.  They sound just like you

The tone, the sheer quantity of it, the "where I wanted to bring this conversation at some point tonight was..." lead in comment - didn't sound like you were kidding around to me

The "I was just joking" defense is often tried, it never seems to work

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 17, 2015, 03:23:54 PM
There's so many of them! When every possible instance of representation is 51% female, then we can stop caterwauling and wringing our hands.

When you don't have to point out that someone is female (or brown, or young, or old) and adequately functioning ... then the culture will feel a little fairer. Parents won't have to tell their kids to be careful if they want to try something their heart tells them they were born to do, but society says nah.

And someone made the argument that maybe female firefighters should be paid less because they can't do the heavier work? What happens to that argument when a really strong woman comes into the job place?

So many people have had to overcome really stupid cultural conditioning before they can even begin to compete or even get a basic job. They've made movies about this very topic.

That is the fundamental difference between Martin Luther King and others like Malcolm X...King's "Dream" was to value a human by the content of their character, not the color of their skin...Malcolm X and others said every white person was racist because of the system...which is a form of reverse racism in my opinion...

You can apply the same rules to gender of course...I see the female of the species equal...period...

Has the fake Indian, Elizabeth Warren, thrown her hat in the ring?

Liz would need a VP running mate, and the fake black former NAACP leader in Spokane is looking for work..

heater

Quote from: onan on June 17, 2015, 01:46:07 PM
If you look at this "big picture" having the Spec Sheet on DMRN proves otherworldly intervention.

DAMMIT onan! stop making sense I hate it when you do that.

nbirnes

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 17, 2015, 03:30:09 PM
What other conclusion can one draw from this other than in Nancy's little feminist world men criticizing women are misogynists, and women doing so are simply 'haters'?

It's so cute that you think I live in a feminist world or have a feminist mindset. I don't have a teaspoon of the courage that the women who have marched and burned and fought to try to balance things out have exhibited. No. I've always been quiet and accommodating, waiting my turn and so forth. I wish I could have been a feminist.

Instead, I enjoy all the rights that they have fought for. I get to have a radio show, even if I only did it for Bill. True story. I've tried to quit a bunch of times because I am a natural wimp, and because I keep hoping that if I could just shut up and keep quiet, there won't be so much *tsuris* after each show.

There are three months of just Bill doing the show in the fall of 2012, for those who would like a male-only version. I've organized the shows by date here: http://www.futuretheater.com/monthly/
and by guest, here:
http://www.futuretheater.com/guests/

A quick count shows that we've had 157 men and 32 women guests. That's the math.

zeebo

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 17, 2015, 11:49:41 AM
I don't know....maybe we shouldn't do a show with women....clearly Art's fans aren't ready for such a thing.

Whoa, sweeping generalization alert.  Try and give at least some of us the benefit of the doubt.  People can have issues with the content of the show without it being a slam against female hosts in general.  Folks here take issue with male hosts, even Art, all the time. 

Like I said earlier, I personally would like to hear more female voices in radio.  I'm genuinely interested in what they have to say.  Doesn't mean I'll agree with everything they say, or even like them as hosts, of course.  But anyway I'm sure I'm not alone here on this.

Quote from: nbirnes on June 17, 2015, 03:54:50 PM
It's so cute that you think I live in a feminist world or have a feminist mindset...

In that case can you explain why it so permeates your posts and comments on the show?  I live in the San Francisco Bay Area - near Berkeley - I know this stuff when I hear it. 

To me you seem consumed with it. 

- Edit, to add:

Which is fine - I don't care about your personal politics, I merely suggested your show would be better if you allowed people to finish a thought and answer your questions. 

It wasn't until the next show you attacked the female poster and suggested we were all misogynists and haters.  I felt it reasonable to defend myself and suggest otherwise

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 17, 2015, 04:00:12 PM
In that case can you explain why it so permeates your posts and comments on the show?  I live in the San Francisco Bay Area - near Berkeley - I know this stuff when I hear it.  To me you seem consumed with it

So what? I mean, I think I get your point. But shit, it's a podcast. Don't listen.

Quote from: onan on June 17, 2015, 04:03:35 PM
So what? I mean, I think I get your point. But shit, it's a podcast. Don't listen.

He must listen.

Because, deep down inside, he is in love with her and conquest is required.

Ah, the human psyche. Nothing as beautiful.

I need a drink. And a Q-Tip.

Where'd that bottle of Doppelgänger whiskey roll off to?

LW

Quote from: nbirnes on June 17, 2015, 03:54:50 PM
It's so cute that you think I live in a feminist world or have a feminist mindset. I don't have a teaspoon of the courage that the women who have marched and burned and fought to try to balance things out have exhibited. No. I've always been quiet and accommodating, waiting my turn and so forth. I wish I could have been a feminist.

Instead, I enjoy all the rights that they have fought for. I get to have a radio show, even if I only did it for Bill. True story. I've tried to quit a bunch of times because I am a natural wimp, and because I keep hoping that if I could just shut up and keep quiet, there won't be so much *tsuris* after each show.

There are three months of just Bill doing the show in the fall of 2012, for those who would like a male-only version. I've organized the shows by date here: http://www.futuretheater.com/monthly/
and by guest, here:
http://www.futuretheater.com/guests/

A quick count shows that we've had 157 men and 32 women guests. That's the math.

Nancy, you always throw out a strawman argument, no one here ever mentioned that they wanted a all male show, you always throw out words to make anyone who dislikes your behaviour as someone that is a male chauvinist. Whenever anyone critizices you, you attack the person by saying something derogatory instead of actually listening to the points they make. Ad hominem attacks used to derail any and all opposition are not the actions of a innocent person. There are many women I enjoy listening to, just not you.

You like to make yourself sound like an innocent little girl when really you seem to be quite conniving and capable of taking care of yourself. You twist conversations, and throw out terms that lead an unsuspecting listener or reader to think that your opponent is an evil hater. The psychology you use to manipulate, label and degrade those around is scary. You completely ignore the facts, and concerns of everyone and paint yourself as a poor little girl that doesn't understand why anyone is mad at you. I am very certain that you know very well what you are doing and just don't give a sh@@.

I was going to ignore any response you made but instead of accepting and either changing or telling people to pi$$ off, at least I would respect you for being who you want to be, but you manipulate and attack. Not fair, not nice and certainly not the actions of a "innocent" little girl.

This is my personal opinion.

chefist

the good news is that both men and women are defending (redacted) over on the AB thread! come together right now! :-)

RoseGirl

Quote from: LW on June 17, 2015, 04:17:43 PM
Nancy, you always throw out a strawman argument, no one here ever mentioned that they wanted a all male show, you always throw out words to make anyone who dislikes your behaviour as someone that is a male chauvinist. Whenever anyone critizices you, you attack the person by saying something derogatory instead of actually listening to the points they make. Ad hominem attacks used to derail any and all opposition are not the actions of a innocent person. There are many women I enjoy listening to, just not you.

You like to make yourself sound like an innocent little girl when really you seem to be quite conniving and capable of taking care of yourself. You twist conversations, and throw out terms that lead an unsuspecting listener or reader to think that your opponent is an evil hater. The psychology you use to manipulate, label and degrade those around is scary. You completely ignore the facts, and concerns of everyone and paint yourself as a poor little girl that doesn't understand why anyone is mad at you. I am very certain that you know very well what you are doing and just don't give a sh@@.

I was going to ignore any response you made but instead of accepting and either changing or telling people to pi$$ off, at least I would respect you for being who you want to be, but you manipulate and attack. Not fair, not nice and certainly not the actions of a "innocent" little girl.

This is my personal opinion.

Somehow I doubt that you would ever listen to a woman. Just sayin.

You know, about all this interrupting stuff....I remember reading a few psychology articles back when I was studying such things at university...and it seems to me that they discovered that men interrupt woman a great deal more than women interrupt men. In fact, if a man doesn't interrupt a woman he is considered to be weaker by other man. It's like a pecking order....no man, no matter how unsuccessful and powerless in life, can ever be placed below a woman. And women interrupting is seen to be somehow 'unnatural'.

Here's a few articles about it...and sorry, but it does come from....ahem...Bitch Magazine. lol

http://bitchmagazine.org/post/seven-studies-proving-mansplaining-exists

PathoJen

Quote from: chefist on June 17, 2015, 04:24:36 PM
the good news is that both men and women are defending (redacted) over on the AB thread! come together right now! :-)
Of course, because she stays out of all this stuff. She stays neutral for the most part.

Quote from: chefist on June 17, 2015, 04:24:36 PM

She's an adult and I hope she can defend herself when need be. I questioned her role on Art's show and would have questioned anyone else's. I prefer to hear Art broadcasting solo. It's up to him in the end. I respect whatever he chooses to do.

Quote from: boba FETT on June 17, 2015, 04:39:57 PM
She's an adult and I hope she can defend herself when need be. I questioned her role on Art's show and would have questioned anyone else's. I prefer to hear Art broadcasting solo. It's up to him in the end. I respect whatever he chooses to do.

Falkie's video is so awful and so over the top, she must be laughing her ass off at it

She's going to be great.  Art always gets the best out of guests and callers, it will be interesting to see what role she will have and how he interacts with her

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 17, 2015, 04:44:11 PM

She's going to be great.  Art always gets the best out of guests and callers, it will be interesting to see what role she will have and how he interacts with her

I think so too. And to add, I hope she gets paid 10 million dollars.

zeebo

Quote from: onan on June 17, 2015, 04:46:06 PM
I think so too. And to add, I hope she gets paid 10 million dollars.

Dude if you want 10 you're supposed to start the negotiations at 20, c'mon!  ;D

LW

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 17, 2015, 04:27:10 PM
Somehow I doubt that you would ever listen to a woman. Just sayin.

You know, about all this interrupting stuff....I remember reading a few psychology articles back when I was studying such things at university...and it seems to me that they discovered that men interrupt woman a great deal more than women interrupt men. In fact, if a man doesn't interrupt a woman he is considered to be weaker by other man. It's like a pecking order....no man, no matter how unsuccessful and powerless in life, can ever be placed below a woman. And women interrupting is seen to be somehow 'unnatural'.

Here's a few articles about it...and sorry, but it does come from....ahem...Bitch Magazine. lol

http://bitchmagazine.org/post/seven-studies-proving-mansplaining-exists

Your opinion, and not entirely relevant. My concerns with Nancy are not only the interrupting.

As far as listening to women, you don't know me, however an article from a magizine titled like that may give you a clue to the validity of their articles.

BobGrau

In that case can you explain why it so permeates your posts and comments on the show?  I live in the San Francisco Bay Area - near Berkeley - I know this stuff when I hear it. 

To me you seem consumed with it. 

The emphasis in the most recent show stemmed mostly from Lunger's original "what's the deal..." post, I think. A post that was rather provocatively poorly phrased, I might add.

...your show would be better if you allowed people to finish a thought and answer your questions... 

If lunger had simply said it like this, a lot of unpleasantness could've been avoided.

RoseGirl

Quote from: LW on June 17, 2015, 04:48:35 PM
Your opinion, and not entirely relevant. My concerns with Nancy are not only the interrupting.

As far as listening to women, you don't know me, however an article from a magizine titled like that may give you a clue to the validity of their articles.

Did the article's title use evil words?

Lilith

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 17, 2015, 08:08:32 AM
^^^^ Very balanced comments. I listened to the show and thought it had the aspect of  a bunch of' ' girls talking 'girl-talk around a camp fire. Interesting to hear them discuss and reveal their inner struggles.

IMHO Nancy is about as irritating as MV, both are needed to keep the show moving along, are witty and funny. Can talk on a wide variety of subjects and yes at time are attention grabbing hams, but overall do the host job very well. I expect the host to have some personality and express their opinions. I don't agree with Art's, MV's or Nancy or PonyBoy on many subjects, but I don't feel the need to point it out. It's all entertainment and I love conflict, thanks Girls.

After proof read above noticed that I used 'girls' three time. Does that say something about me?
In today's world, is it offensive to refer to woman as girls? And how about my new 'Woman of Bellgab' fan site? I meant it to honor belgab's woman, but none have sent me pictures and bios of themselves.

Nancy managed to get a picture of MV and writes up a short bio and it's Ok, but none of Bellgab girls send me a picture or bio, is this a double standard? Are girls afraid to do that?
I like looking at tattoos on woman, Danny on the TV show American Pickers is Hot! Oops is ok to call girls hot? anyway she is nice to look at. So woman of Bellgab PM me your girlie PG rated pics and short bio, I'll do you all proud with my "Girls of BellGab" fan site. Pictures of tattoos and stories behind them most welcomed. Also all girls are welcome young and old, if you posted on Bellgab PM me pics and info.

Good post WhiteCrow IMO.  You can put together a bio of me to add to your collection if you want to....my pic is my avatar...or you can screenshot one you like better from one of my videos in the "truck stop stories" thread.  There is also a video I did in the Art Bell thread that has some clear views of my tatoo on my left arm.  I wanted to let everyone know a bit about where my mind is, but didn't want to be off topic, so I put above the video, that the video was an audition for an interview with Art Bell lol's.  I have made a nice post about "Dave" and his beautiful voice, I have posted in a live show chat that  Donald Trump will fix all our problems, and in spite of ALL this, not one person at this forum has made fun of me, criticised my age, or lack of effort to look like a Barbie Doll.....no one picked on me for having a tatoo, nobody has jumped on me for any of my comments.  Soooo.......I can honestly say I have never been made to feel anything less than welcome by anyone here, even tho I am old, make silly videos, post my videos in inappropriate places and make silly comments.  HONESTLY......I EVEN called into Bell Gab, and have followed all the recommendations to try to get someone to make fun of me here, and as of yet....to no avail.  :'( :-\ ;D 8) ??? ::)  For SURE I am doing something wrong  >:( ???   I guess my point here is that neither my "girlness", "oldness" or "newness".......not even my "out of placeness" has evoked any meanness toward me, as of yet, by anyone at this forum.  Praise MV!!!    There must still be hope for the universe!!  Thank You all !!  I enjoyed listening to the girls gab, and look forward to listening to BellaHaven with all the gabblings, boys and girls alike.

Where is the Women of BellGab forum WhiteCrow???  I would love to visit if you don't mind, but I dont know where it is....linkey pleasey?????

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on June 17, 2015, 04:03:35 PM

heh heh

onan

Quote from: brig on June 17, 2015, 04:50:37 PM
Good post WhiteCrow IMO.  You can put together a bio of me to add to your collection if you want to....my pic is my avatar...or you can screenshot one you like better from one of my videos in the "truck stop stories" thread.  There is also a video I did in the Art Bell thread that has some clear views of my tatoo on my left arm.  I wanted to let everyone know a bit about where my mind is, but didn't want to be off topic, so I put above the video, that the video was an audition for an interview with Art Bell lol's.  I have made a nice post about "Dave" and his beautiful voice, I have posted in a live show chat that  Donald Trump will fix all our problems, and in spite of ALL this, not one person at this forum has made fun of me, criticised my age, or lack of effort to look like a Barbie Doll.....no one picked on me for having a tatoo, nobody has jumped on me for any of my comments.  Soooo.......I can honestly say I have never been made to feel anything less than welcome by anyone here, even tho I am old, make silly videos, post my videos in inappropriate places and make silly comments.  HONESTLY......I EVEN called into Bell Gab, and have followed all the recommendations to try to get someone to make fun of me here, and as of yet....to no avail.  :'( :-\ ;D 8) ??? ::)  For SURE I am doing something wrong  >:( ???   I guess my point here is that neither my "girlness", "oldness" or "newness".......not even my "out of placeness" has evoked any meanness toward me, as of yet, by anyone at this forum.  Praise MV!!!    There must still be hope for the universe!!  Thank You all !!  I enjoyed listening to the girls gab, and look forward to listening to BellaHaven with all the gabblings, boys and girls alike.

OH yeah... well your shoes are untied... so there.