• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 24, 2018, 01:07:32 PM
Trollin, trollin, trollin
Ore the fields we're rollin :D
Call logic what you want, MD.  He appears to think that things are better over the last decade...

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2018, 01:11:28 PM
Here is the question.  Do they have the right to toss Palin, or even Trump himself on the street unfed?  It might be a crappy thing to do- but it does seem to be their right.

Why? Because they aren’t black or gay?  What happens the first time someone turns away Maxine Waters or Ellen Degeneres because they don’t agree with their politics?

Dr. MD MD

Here is the question.  Do they have the right to toss Palin, or even Trump himself on the street unfed?  It might be a crappy thing to do- but it does seem to be their right.

You're hallucinating again. :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2018, 01:12:29 PM
Call logic what you want, MD.  He appears to think that things are better over the last decade...

I call it logic and you don't seem to understand it.

Metron2267

Quote from: Spy on June 24, 2018, 12:47:38 PM
You and your asswipe friends aren't patriots, you're mindless followers of Donald Trump. You're members of a cult.  Your leader and

FUCK

OFF

AND

DIE! >:(

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2018, 01:02:35 PM
In response to my saying that "There is no industry where standards have not gotten worse over the last decade. " you say:Now, if you believe things have gotten better over the last decade, I would expect you to be thanking Obama. 

Why the FUCK would I thank that communist Trojan Horse for things he had nothing to do with, individual business conditions he couldn't possibly have cared to improve or frankly even meddle in?

I cited one example canucklehead, don't expand it into all.

QuoteIf you believe that working conditions have improved, wages have went up, and the average American is better off, you had better go worship your new hero, Berok Hassan- because he was in charge of the years that I said wages stagnated and the average person is worse off.

He had NOTHING to do with anything that improved for the "average American".

The market has its own unseen hand and demonstrated remarkable resilience to his endless regulatory zeal and health care fleecing.

Now I might thank that mono-focused Howard Schultz, but frankly after his diversity genuflection he can go piss uo a rope too. >:(

That said, I know for an observable fact that the coffee industry has improved, so fucking deal with it, you florid asshole! >:(

QuoteHere you have me painted as a pro Obama poster while I criticize the direction of society under him and you get busy defending his track record.  As you are disagreeing with me, I have to assume that your friends and family are working fewer hours for more money than they were before Obama took over.  Interesting...

Typical leftard, make shit up as you go, write the script, practice expansionism from the anecdotal to misrepresent "all"!

You're a cuntnadian alright, right down to your lying statist ways.

DROP DEAD! >:( >:( >:(

Metron2267

Here's another troll, eat shit and DIE! >:(

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2018, 01:12:29 PM

You can stop misrepresenting my coffee industry comments as representing anything other than...wait for it you florid twat...the COFFEE INDUSTRY!

Got it, shitbag?

GOOD! >:( >:( >:(

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 24, 2018, 01:14:06 PM
Why? Because they aren’t black or gay?  What happens the first time someone turns away Maxine Waters or Ellen Degeneres because they don’t agree with their politics?

That is exactly it. If I believe that a business owner has the right not to bake a cake for a gay wedding, I have to believe that they also have the right not to serve that Palin family.  OR if I believe that a business owner should be forced to bake that cake, then I have to accept that they also should be forced to feed Palin.

(Actually, my belief is that a private business owner should have the right to refuse service to who they see fit- up to and including outright discrimination against visible minorities, genders or religious beliefs, if they wish.  But if I'm going to argue today that they should be forced to serve the Palin family, then I have to take the position that they should also be forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding... I believe neither to be the case.)

WOTR

At least now I understand what YP means when he refers to real estate inside of somebody else's head.  I ought to start charging rent... It's like having my very own "Paul."

"Hi, Metron."

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2018, 01:33:34 PM
But if I'm going to argue today that they should be forced to serve the Palin family, then I have to take the position that t

Fuck you.

Fuck your "positions".

Fuck off back to Canuckland, dipshit. >:(

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2018, 01:36:24 PM
At least now I understand what YP means when he refers to real estate inside of somebody else's head.

Troll self justification, how droll.. :o

WOTR

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 24, 2018, 01:31:10 PM
You can stop misrepresenting my coffee industry comments as representing anything other than...wait for it you florid twat...the COFFEE INDUSTRY!

Got it, shitbag?

GOOD! >:( >:( >:(
Let's keep going... I don't have to leave for a few more minutes.

What about the coffee industry is better?  I'm not talking about growth in the sector (many sectors experienced growth.)  I'm referring to the wages and working conditions- and no, I don't take "anecdotal evidence" that you know a guy who works for a coffee roaster in San Franscisco.  I am curious if there is anything showing that the take home pay has increased- that the employers are suddenly not driving their employees harder for more production in less time.

I honestly hope your right.  I hope that there is an industry where the profit margins have increased (which they have with the explosion of independent roasters) and who have passed on a portion of that success.

*Truth be told, I missed that your original comment was in relation to the coffee industry.  When you post "try coffee" in this thread, I have to assume you mean "wake up."  But let's say that it was a comment in relation to an industry.  Is there anything showing the barista at my local starbucks is doing better today than a decade ago- or just that Starbucks has expanded the number of stores and corporate profits?

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2018, 02:03:43 PM
Is there anything showing the barista at my local starbucks is doing better today than a decade ago- or just that Starbucks has expanded the number of stores and corporate profits?

Oh we can't possibly have growth AND profits and BENEFITS for employees, now can we?

I mean we know how you leftards like to hammer big bidnits.

>:(

https://www.glassdoor.com/Benefits/Starbucks-US-Benefits-EI_IE2202.0,9_IL.10,12_IN1.htm
4.3StarStarStarStarStar2327 Ratings
Employee Benefit Reviews
Showing 1â€"10 of 2329 comments
Most Commented

Employee Discount   Employee Discount  (1,072 comments)
“Free coffee and food, plus a 35% discount of anything at the stores.”
Health Insurance   Health Insurance  (345 comments)
“Small amount each month just for basic coverage helps more then expected”
401K Plan   401K Plan  (326 comments)
“I love that we have a 401k! It will help so much in the long run and have a future and not have to worry about it! That is my favorite part”
Jun 22, 2018
StarStarStarStarStar   
Current Barista in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Great health insurance packages and stock options. Surprising for a retail jo

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Spy on June 24, 2018, 12:47:38 PM
You and your asswipe friends aren't patriots, you're mindless followers of Donald Trump. You're members of a cult.  Your leader and  his followers are wiping their asses with the Constitution.  This Independence Day is a sad day for patriots. It will be restored to a day of celebration when the current assholes infesting Washington are voted out of office and Constitutional government is restored.

>Borowitz
Oy Vey!

Back in the oven Shlomo!

Jojo

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 24, 2018, 11:45:26 AM
Celebrate Hate! God love the obsessed hate filled demokkkrats. No ideas. No Solutions. Just hate.

Demokkkrat throws Sarah Sanders and her family out of restaurant because she works for Trump.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/23/sarah-sanders-says-was-thrown-out-virginia-restaurant-because-works-for-trump.html

Sarah’s response: “Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @POTUS and I politely left. Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so
7:53 AM - Jun 23, 2018”

Winning with class. This is why Trump will be re-elected.
A lot of the dislike for Trump is personal, not potus.  Like his the way he has treated women.

Fourteen

WOTR

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 24, 2018, 02:10:34 PM
Oh we can't possibly have growth AND profits and BENEFITS for employees, now can we?

https://www.glassdoor.com/Benefits/Starbucks-US-Benefits-EI_IE2202.0,9_IL.10,12_IN1.htm
Employee Benefit Reviews
Most Commented

“I love that we have a 401k! It will help so much in the long run and have a future and not have to worry about it! That is my favorite part”
Jun 22, 2018
StarStarStarStarStar   

But you argued that things are better than a decade ago.  Did they contribute to a 401K a decade ago?  Did they have a food and beverage discount?  Or are they just a great company who has always treated their employees well?

*Also, my original post said industries- not individual companies.  I do not argue that there are some very good companies to work for and many that do share in profits and treat employees fairly.  I just see that as a trend, there are fewer of those companies and more who squeeze the employees to cater to the Walmats and Amazons of the world where consumers don't care how employees are treated, so long as their widget is priced .02 cents cheaper.

**Also, I have to step out shortly, so if you want me to give you an out- you can ask me to cite studies that say every industry has employees who are worse off than a decade ago as that was my assertion.  I used "my feelings" on the subject and am not accepting your gut feeling in return.  But again, I am actually arguing that things got worse for the average American worker than they were before Obama took over...

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 24, 2018, 02:10:34 PM

Employee Benefit Reviews
Most Commented

Jun 22, 2018
StarStarStarStarStar   
It wasn't Starbucks, but when I made espresso in the late eighties, for $8/hour, it took 25 hours per month hourly labor to pay just rent.  Today, at $12, it would take more than 50 hours to pay just rent.  Twice as much labor to rent ratio.  And tips are taxable now.

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 24, 2018, 02:23:42 PM
A lot of the dislike for Trump is personal, not potus.  Like his the way he has treated women.

Fourteen

While handily glossing over the way any other Dem scumbags have  treated them - like say BOTH Clintons...

Who knows maybe he's mean to dogs and pigeons too.

Do I really fucking CARE as long as he fixes this nation?

No.

HELL NO!

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 24, 2018, 11:38:01 AM
I'm just saying that the left is crazy and they want to get crazy over conservatism. So, I say let's get crazy with them! Let's show them how it's really done and get this over with cuz I got other stuff to do. ;)

What other stuff could you possibly have to do?  Pick up another shift at Taco Bell?

Gd5150

Shocking! The dumbass demokkkrat lemmings of gab all justifying discrimination. Are we surprised? Not in the least. Can’t wait for the rest of the brainless idiots show up and defend the discrimination. As long as it’s in the name of obsessed demokkkrat hate it’s acceptable. The party of no ideas, no solutions.

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2018, 02:25:14 PM
But you argued that things are better than a decade ago.  Did they contribute to a 401K a decade ago?  Did they have a food and beverage discount?  Or are they just a great company who has always treated their employees well?

The nitpicking ensues...

https://patch.com/washington/seattle/starbucks-raise-wages-150-000-employees

Starbucks is offering undisclosed wage increases plus new benefits like paid family sick time.
By Neal McNamara , Patch Staff | Jan 24, 2018

How about Wal Mart, see any improvement there?

https://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2016/01/20/more-than-one-million-walmart-associates-receive-pay-increase-in-2016

2016 action lifts average hourlyfull-time rate to $13.38; New paid time off plan gives full- and part-time associates greater control

PTO
Walmart and Sam’s Club are launching a new, simplified PTO policy, effective March 5, 2016 that will streamline paid vacation, sick time, personal time and holiday time into one category. And the one-day wait to use sick time will be eliminated, as promised. When the plan rolls out in March, both full- and part-time associates will earn PTO based on tenure and hours worked. The plan includes:

No waiting. PTO is available to use as soon as it’s earned and can be used for almost any reason.
Full-time hourly associates can carry over up to 80 hours (48 hours for part time) of PTO from year to year.
Any unused hours at the end of the year above the 80 hour and 48 hour limits will automatically be paid to hourly associates in the first paycheck every February.
Associates will also keep any existing and accrued sick and personal time. These balances will be kept separate, to be used for certain circumstances once all available PTO is used.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
In addition to PTO, Walmart is providing a new, Short Term Disability Basic plan at no cost to full-time hourly associates. Effective Jan. 1, 2016, the plan offers more financial protection to workers who need to be away from work for an extended period of time due to their own medical needs such as an illness, injury or having a baby. The basic plan will pay 50 percent of a worker’s average weekly wage, up to $200, for up to 26 weeks. Walmart is also offering a Short Term Disability Enhanced plan, which costs less than the company’s prior voluntary plan and provides more coverage. Associates would receive up to 60 percent of their average weekly wage with no weekly maximum for up to 26 weeks.

Walmart’s associate investment is about more than wages and benefits: it is designed to provide associates the tools they need to grow with the company and provide great customer service. The company is also creating new training programs, which will create clear career paths from entry-level positions to jobs with more responsibility and higher pay.                                                               

Quote*Also, my original post said industries- not individual companies. 

Functionally speaking Starbuck$ IS the retail coffee industry, dumbass.

QuoteI do not argue that there are some very good companies to work for and many that do share in profits and treat employees fairly.  I just see that as a trend, there are fewer of those companies and more who squeeze the employees to cater to the Walmats and Amazons of the world where consumers don't care how employees are treated, so long as their widget is priced .02 cents cheaper.

Stepped on your dick again, dumbass:

https://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2016/01/20/more-than-one-million-walmart-associates-receive-pay-increase-in-2016

2016 action lifts average hourlyfull-time rate to $13.38; New paid time off plan gives full- and part-time associates greater control

Quote**Also, I have to step out shortly, so if you want me to give you an out- you can ask me to cite studies that say every industry has employees who are worse off than a decade ago as that was my assertion.  I used "my feelings" on the subject and am not accepting your gut feeling in return.

Squishy libitards always transact reality with "feelings".

Sod off, swampy.

You got facts - deal with 'em!

QuoteBut again, I am actually arguing that things got worse for the average American worker than they were before Obama took over...

Of course they did, that's what the Obamacare debacle seeded - massive part timing.

Now bugger off. >:(

Metron2267

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 24, 2018, 02:34:47 PM
What other stuff could you possibly have to do?  Pick up another shift at Taco Bell?

What are you, 19? ???

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 24, 2018, 02:28:22 PM
It wasn't Starbucks, but when I made espresso in the late eighties, for $8/hour, it took 25 hours per month hourly labor to pay just rent.  Today, at $12, it would take more than 50 hours to pay just rent.  Twice as much labor to rent ratio.  And tips are taxable now.

More anecdotes from the left.

See: Glassdoor.com

Basta.

Metron2267

Oh the poor refugees in Calais "wading in their own shit."

Now there's something to improve Blighty with!

Too sadly funny... ::)

;D

Pud?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2018, 01:36:24 PM
At least now I understand what YP means when he refers to real estate inside of somebody else's head.  I ought to start charging rent... It's like having my very own "Paul."

"Hi, Metron."

We always know that pud's more desperate than usual when he brings that out. ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 24, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

Well, first on my list is arranging a post-birth abortion for you.