• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 25, 2018, 07:44:38 PM
she's still grieveing. she needs more time.
She also might have forgot it is Memorial Day so a good excuse was due to the holiday there is some technical problem  that can't be fixed because workers have the day off. Or Memorial Day reminded Heather of Art's military and his death as a veteran of the great psychic wars and so more grieving and no show.

teknoslag

Quote from: albrecht on May 25, 2018, 08:00:40 PM
She also might have forgot it is Memorial Day so a good excuse was due to the holiday there is some technical problem  that can't be fixed because workers have the day off. Or Memorial Day reminded Heather of Art's military and his death as a veteran of the great psychic wars and so more grieving and no show.

I hadn't even considered this. I would bet money you're spot on.

Quote from: albrecht on May 25, 2018, 08:00:40 PM

i hope this year President Trump recognizes the great meme war of 2016.

teknoslag

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 25, 2018, 08:02:39 PM
i hope this year President Trump recognizes the great meme war of 2016.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 25, 2018, 08:07:56 PM
Hello all

8) Love how you’re making MITD your own. I told my husband what bumper music you’d be playing, and it got him excited to start recording the show again.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 25, 2018, 08:12:02 PM

8) Love how you’re making MITD your own. I told my husband what bumper music you’d be playing, and it got him excited to start recording the show again.

See! You were just using me to make your husband jealous. My mom warned me about women like you.  ::)

GravitySucks

Dave - are you doing a show on Memorial Day? 

Is it too weird to talk about dead veteran ghost stories?

Quote from: timebandit on May 25, 2018, 03:15:44 PM
I had a chance to meet squeaky Fromm but was drinking with my buds and didn't go.
I regret that.. she was cute.
Yes she was

Sean92008

Quote from: Mr Apnea on May 25, 2018, 06:13:32 PM
More than a typo   ;D ;D ;D
Notice it wasn't responded to, just passively agreed to...

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 25, 2018, 08:22:16 PM
Dave - are you doing a show on Memorial Day? 

Is it too weird to talk about dead veteran ghost stories?

Haunted Tank tales?

Sean92008

Quote from: a is jump on May 25, 2018, 07:32:41 PM
I've been out of the loop for a couple of days.

Vara is claiming that I somehow faked that audio? Or is it a different clip?

All I did was chop 50 seconds of audio from an MP3 of a show they offer for free download.

Tip:. Offer the whole clip and document the details (date originally aired, guests, and time the meaty bits start).

James O'Keefe does an edit video and the uncut after people would claim edits were done.

Without clarity and facts, the liars will just lie some more to dismiss it.

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 25, 2018, 07:57:37 PM
Cemetery Art: Headstones in the Desert©️
BBQ rock band name:
Heather Rage & Headstones in the Desert

comaphobe

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 25, 2018, 06:34:34 PM
There are too many midnights in a desert.

Next there will be two Others Side of Midnights.

Quote from: El Chorro on May 25, 2018, 06:59:24 PM
At least give Dave the active thread. He had provided continuity and deserves the official one. Heather should get her own starting Monday with whatever she comes up with, if anything. That's considering I still say it's too early to split them.

Cuckshed In The Desert would be appropriate for Heather.

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 25, 2018, 08:07:56 PM
Hello all

Howdy Dave!  ;D I was pondering whether to watch a horror flick or listen to the show.  Tonight is definitely my cuppa tea though so I'll imagine I'll wait until tomorrow night to watch Chiller Double Thriller.

Ufobaby

Quote from: teknoslag on May 25, 2018, 07:42:44 PM
From the facts of the case. What piece of information did Ted Bundy give that led to the identification and arrest of Ridgway? None.

Ridgway was arrested for solicitation in 1982. He was ID'd as a suspect in 1983 when the boyfriend of a victim, who witnessed her abduction, followed the truck his girlfriend was picked up in to the owner's home. He led police to the house, who questioned the owner. The owner was Gary Ridgway. When detectives cross referenced that incident with Ridgway's earlier arrest, he became a suspect. He was cleared by a polygraph test, though Detective Reichert maintained at the time that he didn't trust the test results, which turned out to be a smart move on his part. It was later determined through quality control protocols that the FBI developed afterwards that Ridgway had actually failed his polygraph. His DNA was taken and kept on file until 2001, when technology had advanced far enough to obtain a match.

Nowhere in there was anything Bundy said helpful, nor was it utilized to capture the Green River Killer.

"But for me, the Bundy interviews turned out to be less about information and more about inspiration. Ted Bundy certainly knew everything about his own exploits as a serial killer, and he had studied other monsters the way an athelete studies his competitors. But in the end, he had used us to get some relief from the prison routine and to make himself feel important. He was also trying to delay his own execution by demonstrating that he had some value to society that would be lost upon his death. I didn't buy any of that." - Dave Reichert, Chasing the Devil, pg. 124 - 143

Reichert has been adamant from the moment Ridgway was arrested (20 years after Bundy supposedly helped catch him) that Ted played absolutely no role in his ID or his capture, as have others who worked tirelessly on the case for decades.

Is Heather working on a tombstone?  I'm out of the loop

Jocko Johnson

So on a Vera tweet with one of his lame brains knot heads all kinds of ahh nasty stuff about Art his wife and HW! This was very recent, his acct had to be hacked right? Except it was a voice clip of them talking in their very own voices. Even doing a horrible imatation of  Airyn totally disrespectful.  HW was going to joe meth you would hear she know she made a mistake and tried to back out as she heard the drunks attitude But then she must have goy shaky and jumped up on the nexr shmuck that came alone. So she realize she messed up again! Wow 2 for 0.
We could see she did her dueo diligence to be so vertsiny sute she was going to a plave that deserved to be the anchor for Art's legacy!

Ur move was to not swallow ur pride and anger and sorrow and ego pick a sub for a bit the take back the seat Art left her with, but she went Bat shit crazy.  Some important legacy. You really just blew baby.
I predict she will come back later then she said, cry a bit, have her fans call in and that should do it buh bye.

comaphobe

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 25, 2018, 08:54:02 PM
Howdy Dave!  ;D I was pondering whether to watch a horror flick or listen to the show.  Tonight is definitely my cuppa tea though so I'll imagine I'll wait until tomorrow night to watch Chiller Double Thriller.

I know you hated Nashville but if you gave Short Cuts a chance you might be happy.

Quote from: comaphobe on May 25, 2018, 08:57:10 PM
I know you hated Nashville but if you gave Short Cuts a chance you might be happy.

LOL, I did hate Nashville but I'll give Altman another chance.  I don't have Short Cuts though.  I was either going to watch MASH or McCabe and Mrs. Miller next.  MASH would probably be a safer choice as I enjoyed the TV show.  Thanks for the recommendation!

The only Altman film I had seen prior to Nashville was Popeye and I saw that one at the movie theater.  It was a very weird experience.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 25, 2018, 09:01:59 PM
LOL, I did hate Nashville but I'll give Altman another chance.  I don't have Short Cuts though.  I was either going to watch MASH or McCabe and Mrs. Miller next.  MASH would probably be a safer choice as I enjoyed the TV show.  Thanks for the recommendation!

The only Altman film I had seen prior to Nashville was Popeye and I saw that one at the movie theater.  It was a very weird experience.

Short Cuts is pretty dark. I think McCabe is probably the most interesting of those three.

Sean92008

comaphobe

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 25, 2018, 09:01:59 PM

I saw Popeye in the theater too. I remember being bored shitless, anxious, and falling asleep all at the same time.

I was gonna comment on your post in the other thread a few weeks ago but I get caught up in work then become scrambled and forget to post. Then Art died and reading the forum became an actual challenge.

I haven't seen MASH, I could never stand the show, especially that damn theme song. I'm not sure I could do it. I have only seen 3-4 of Altman's movies and they were hit/miss and mostly miss, but I do love Short Cuts it is one of my favorites.

DaveSchrader

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 25, 2018, 08:12:02 PM

Thank you. Trying to find a way to make it my own while honoring the past intentions of the show.

DS

Sean92008

Glad things are here.  Mr. Winnie, I'll blow some smoke up your ass but it just hit me that there were a lot of nights Art had boring (to me) guests (WS one of them) and he still had me listening.  You do the same. George doesn't.  Heather didn't...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 25, 2018, 09:16:03 PM
Thank you. Trying to find a way to make it my own while honoring the past intentions of the show.

DS

The power is really going to your head now, Ceasar Dave. ::)

nbirnes

Quote from: Shithead on May 25, 2018, 07:54:05 PM
Hi Nancy Birnes  :)

Is Future Theater coming back someday? I really miss the show. I hope you and Bill can make it back someday.

Thank you for that. I never say never, but for now we're both concentrating on the written word. But I do miss it and think I've learned a lot on the journey so far. Doing radio makes some people crazy, you know. It's a fact.