Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

weeberwubber

It's also not about who reads the news.

coaster

Cease and desist?

PING

Quote from: norland2424 on October 04, 2015, 09:51:25 PM
The roid rage from little leo shrinking from all the steroid use is my guess.

Can't be roid rage. He's not that built.

Maybe that's a participation trophy?

albrecht

I don't understand this. Social media flaps are for 12 year old girls, or so I thought. Shut up and consult your lawyer. And then deal with it as advised. This goes for all parties; though in one case I might also want to look into a rehab facility or at least get some good "couch time" in with a professional. 

area51drone

Quote from: CornyCrow on October 04, 2015, 03:20:13 PM
Loyalty means something.  If some things need spiffing up ever and your people are intelligent, a course here or there or some temporary consultant to put things right can be engaged.  What I would not want is talent that always kept their ears to the ground for better offers and used my show for experience on the resume and cut whenever another opportunity presented itself.  There is something for a team that will mesh together and go the extra mile from that bonding - a synergistic effect.

Art can keep Keith around if he wants.  I'm not telling him what to do, I'm making observations and suggestions. Keith seems to be a diligent hard working board op and system admin.  But if I were Art, I would get a turn key system in place, pay what it takes to make that happen and then move on - you can always hire a team of people who know what they're doing if you decide you want to restructure your web presence.   

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 03:25:11 PM
At least when I log on to artbell.com I don't have to wait 5 minutes for all the crap ads to finnish loading before I can even navigate.
Art

Art, news flash buddy, you never need to see ads anywhere..  it's call Ad Blocker.

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 04, 2015, 03:58:34 PM
I wonder if there is any possible iteration of the website that wouldn't attract at least two complainers - I doubt that. In this case the two complainers tend to be very loud, and their sincerity is questionable.

My sincerity is off the charts when I make these posts.   I make rational arguments that I think will improve the show's ecosystem (yes, MV, I used that word) and then back them up.    Some of you just insist on kissing Art's rear whenever you get the chance.   Is he the best thing to happen to radio?  Yes, but he doesn't need his salad tossed every two seconds.

norland2424

I have a hard time thinking someone who prounces  like noory can trace IP from " anonymous messages ".

RoseGirl

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 09:57:46 PM
i get the high road thing, but it was a private matter until it wasn't.

True, that MV. Just hoping this Ashcraft doesn't keep going on and on and on.

fwiw it was entertaining to follow

hopefully no radio stations really cancelled Art over all of this

RoseGirl

Quote from: ASC on October 04, 2015, 10:10:57 PM
fwiw it was entertaining to follow

hopefully no radio stations really cancelled Art over all of this

Nah...if anything, they will be getting a better product. I found it very difficult to listen to Ashcraft do the news....I always just seemed to tune him out and not really hear it. I am sure Amy will be much better.

norland2424

Quote from: RoseGirl on October 04, 2015, 10:12:35 PM
Nah...if anything, they will be getting a better product. I found it very difficult to listen to Ashcraft do the news....I always just seemed to tune him out and not really hear it. I am sure Amy will be much better.

Hes talking about leos post were he claims that a few radio stations dropped  MITD over leo leaving.

RoseGirl

Quote from: norland2424 on October 04, 2015, 10:15:04 PM
Hes talking about leos post were he claims that a few radio stations dropped  MITD over leo leaving.

But you know...my great grandmother always told me that a falling star always burns boldly just before it goes away completely. Just sayin'.  :)

PING

I doubt anyone but us will notice Leo's gone.

Unless Leo has his show ready to go Monday night no station currently running it is going to not run MITD Monday night as usual. What will they play? Stool softener infomercials?

Besides when/if Leo does start his show, we'll just have Jaz call into his show. That should take care of it 8)

zeebo

Just peeking in to see if this thread's mellowed out yet after the latest spasm.

Quote from: zeebo on October 04, 2015, 10:25:28 PM
Just peeking in to see if this thread's mellowed out yet after the latest spasm.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on October 04, 2015, 08:29:25 PM
Rhodesian Ridgeback and a Poodle, standard or mini but not the toys. Call me crazy but poodles are one of the smartest dogs, and don't shed, and Ridgebacks are indefatigable and loyal. If I lived in a more cooler clime I would have larger breeds. Love Great Pyrennes, etc but I think almost animal abuse to have such breeds here with the heat.
My dog is aging.  He is 10.  Starting to wind down.  Rescue dog, half black lab, half pointer.  All Loyal.

paladin1991

Quote from: channer1 on October 04, 2015, 08:38:06 PM
Anyone complaining about the site needs to get laid and move out of their parents house....it's FUCKING FINE!!!...it does what we need it to do.  Go remodel your Minecraft house!

Oh.  Okay.

b_dubb

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on October 04, 2015, 08:44:51 PM

For the record, Ashcraft was the only entry.
Didn't really need the banana hammock

popple

Quote from: norland2424 on October 04, 2015, 10:05:28 PM
I have a hard time thinking someone who prounces  like noory can trace IP from " anonymous messages ".

Art Bell clearly has no fans who might send "anonymous" emails. Someone's a tad bit paranoid.... ::)

anunnaki

Quote from: b_dubb on October 04, 2015, 10:29:12 PM
Didn't really need the banana hammock

Was he the "Crown Princess" ?

This goes to show that there other "Avenues" of employment available. He could do "Preparation H" ads.

popple

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Art Bell on October 04, 2015, 11:00:23 PM
For the sake of the TRUTH, Leo has been Broadcasting that he never made a penny for his stated 24 Hours a day of work. Here is some proof that he is full of himself minus the truth. The check below was but the first he received for his "Newscast" ad revenue. He continued advertising after this. Moreover this was his deal with us, all the revenue generated minus commission from his news ad's went to Leo...
Art

Looks like he made some bucks to me. I like how he's threatening to do a three hour show in competition with you (and Dave), it's laughable.

For the sake of the TRUTH, Leo has been Broadcasting that he never made a penny for his stated 24 Hours a day of work. Here is some proof that he is full of himself minus the truth. The check below was but the first he received for his "Newscast" ad revenue. He continued advertising after this. Moreover this was his deal with us, all the revenue generated minus commission from his news ad's went to Leo...
Art

Art it's cool, we know he's having a psychotic break. You don't have to respond to this anymore. Redacted clearly stated the case yesterday on Gabcast and we've watched Leo go through a range of emotions and delusions over the last three days. Lawyer up and ignore it.

anunnaki

Art

"Forty Eight Hundred" - Odd way of writing a check for "Four Thousand, Eight Hundred"

area51drone

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 11:14:02 PM
Lawyer up and ignore it.

I was just about to write the same thing.  Art, don't fall into this trap.  You posting these kinds of details can only hurt you.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 04, 2015, 11:10:44 PM
Looks like he made some bucks to me. I like how he's threatening to do a three hour show in competition with you (and Dave), it's laughable.
Asscarp could conceivably be sucksessfull and have two or more fans in a short while, a couple fewer than his handler, sackless George.

Gumby, Dammit

Art
Find yerself a good witch, Art (I know this Glinda, see? She's HOT, too. And that sparkling wand and those bodacious ta-ta's ((oh wait, that was the flying monkey))(((carry on))). end paren already>). Noory's using black magic. Has been since the git goe. You dig?

bateman

Well that's odd, the check is for more than $120! Leo Ashcraft is a lying sack of dog doo.

Art Bell

I know but Bell Gab is only part of the World. I really hate people telling lies about me (us). We are honest people. I have always tried to do the honest thing.

Art

coaster

So he's a liar and a drama queen. Good riddance.