• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151120 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Show Chat

Started by Sandra Kristen, November 20, 2015, 11:07:02 PM

Dr_Blue

Quote from: Rocky4228 on November 21, 2015, 12:32:41 AM
Pigeons?  They should teach these guys to detect breast cancer:

wow, is the color of those feet legit? Don't recall seeing that color in nature before?

starrmtn001

Quote from: trostol on November 21, 2015, 12:30:55 AM
yes..by all means..lets create smart pigeons
Pigeons were used for communication before phones.  We have smart phones now, why not smart pigeons? ;D

Rocky4228

It's real.  They're call blue-footed boobies.

Barfly

Quote from: Rocky4228 on November 21, 2015, 12:35:32 AM
It's from making blueberry wine.  ;D
As long as they dont shit while stomping the grapes

norland2424

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 21, 2015, 12:30:08 AM
Ian had a prepper on as a guest on C2C, some gal who talked primarily about growing and processing home grown food.  A guy called in and told her he didn't need all the gear she talked about, he'd just shoot her and take all the stuff she'd processed.  I think she shit herself, live on the air.

thats the reason why i dont understand how people actually openly talk about their prepping on tv shows or the radio, it would just make you a target.

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 21, 2015, 12:25:13 AM
Nope, as Barfly said, it wasn't anything. My friends who worked in IT, one at a major bank, ran simulations of what would actually happen while the world was panicking in typical press-fed fashion.

Came to the conclusion that there was nothing to worry about.

Turned out they were right. Institutions that didn't spend millions to avoid the Y2K apocalypse went on operation just the same as those that did. Unfortunately, I had stock in some of the sucker corporations, but it didn't end up hurting their bottom line that much.
It wasn't as big as the news reported it to be (you know how the news blows shit out of proportion,) but there were affected systems, especially Embedded OS's. Most problems were for non mission critical systems that could be easily patched.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 21, 2015, 12:35:48 AM
Pigeons were used for communication before phones.  We have smart phones now, why not smart pigeons? ;D

Can you put Skype on them?

MABUSE

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 21, 2015, 12:35:48 AM
But what would the pixel size on the camera be?
**M**

Quote from: norland2424 on November 21, 2015, 12:37:04 AM
thats the reason why i dont understand how people actually openly talk about their prepping on tv shows or the radio, it would just make you a target.

Norland is making his FEMA list I see

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 21, 2015, 12:35:00 AM
Ah, yes. The ever-credible source of "takepart.com".

Nice. I'm convinced.

Obviously you didn't read any of it.

Donald Noory

Are Jehovah's Witnesses considered preppers? They just stock up on copies of Watchtower.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Rocky4228 on November 21, 2015, 12:35:59 AM
It's real.  They're call blue-footed boobies.

Yeah, sat through a two hour lecture on the damn things from a guy who took a cruise to the Galapagos Islands.

Dr_Blue

maureen

Barfly

Fuck more JFK conspiracy theories on Dicks show tonight, that has been beat to death for years.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dr_Blue on November 21, 2015, 12:41:06 AM
Would this person be considered a "prepper"???

Well, shes prepping for something   :P

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Barfly on November 21, 2015, 12:41:43 AM
Fuck more JFK conspiracy theories on Dicks show tonight, that has been beat to death for years.

When, after all, it was you and me!   8)

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 21, 2015, 12:28:50 AM
Everything was easily fixed, once you could identify what all those everything's were and assigned the resources to fix it and test it. You would not believe the amount of COBOL code that is still in existence today. Just finding the correct version of the source code (when it could be found) was a major issue. Not all developers believe in configuration management.

What the fuck do I care if any believes me?  I just wish silver would get back up to $50.  I should have sold when it hit that a few years back.

Anybody want to buy Mexican novena candles?
Yup, and this was the major system used by banks, and businesses for years. The companies that had upgraded before y2k generally didn't have problems. COBOL on big iron (MainFrames) did.
Don't cha just love spaghetti code. ;) 

Manx

Quote from: Dr_Blue on November 21, 2015, 12:41:06 AM
Would this person be considered a "prepper"???

The glasses mark her as a filthy hipster, not a prepper