• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Graham Hancock

Started by Hernerwerzog, November 05, 2013, 08:35:25 AM

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Barfly on October 07, 2015, 05:31:43 AM
I would take a small block Chevy motor instead, wait, am i on the wrong forum?
Dammit!
I think so.
This thread's been taken over by racists.

henge0stone

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 08, 2015, 10:42:20 PM
They were conquered because they weren't "pure" enough, as the supposed theory went.

No I think they were conquered for their wealth (India) and the middle east for their strategic importance once the Ottoman Empire fell after WWI. Not everything in history was about race otherwise the European powers would have all gotten along and we know that was never the case.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on October 08, 2015, 11:52:57 PM
I think so.
This thread's been taken over by racists.

Wait, Hancock makes claims that non-white civilizations could not have developed the technology needed to construct structures like the pyramids without the aid of an older, "superior" super-civilization, and I'M the racist?

Juan Cena

Quote from: henge0stone on October 09, 2015, 06:35:48 AM
No I think they were conquered for their wealth (India) and the middle east for their strategic importance once the Ottoman Empire fell after WWI. Not everything in history was about race otherwise the European powers would have all gotten along and we know that was never the case.

I was speaking of the original supposed invasion of India by the original "Aryans," an event which itself has come into dispute as of late.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-new-research-debunks-aryan-invasion-theory-1623744

Juan Cena

Quote from: albrecht on October 08, 2015, 11:07:07 PM
I thought, in this theory, that the Indians (dot, not feathers) and Persian (Iran?) Aryan/Ariyan/ārya were the "start" of the Caucasoid/"white" race (and why the various NAZIs and cultists went there; adopted some of the symbology, popular novels, etc?)

Apparently some German quacks believed the Aryans actually originated in prehistoric Germany.

Mastodonkey

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 11, 2015, 12:50:42 AM
Wait, Hancock makes claims that non-white civilizations could not have developed the technology needed to construct structures like the pyramids without the aid of an older, "superior" super-civilization, and I'M the racist?

I think you're just upset and severely misinformed. The people who made the Pyramids were a Caucasoid people, not of black African descent. They sat around for thousands of years in the mud with no written language. Facts trump racism.

Gumby, Dammit

You need only be offended if it applies to you.

Gumby, Dammit

And yeah, you're a fucking racist.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 11, 2015, 01:31:32 AM
Apparently some German quacks believed the Aryans actually originated in prehistoric Germany.
Huh, weird. They were a crazy lot. Though some example (like Finnish, there is a semi-frequent caller on C2C from Madison who rails about this but I never quite "get" what his general theory is) has some interesting historical background linguistically- nothing like the Germanic/Nordic languages (or Slavic/Russian) surrounding them grammar and wordwise (except loan words of course) and in the general area and some say, have more connection with what today is Hungary? And the Basques are an even more interesting situation also. Then
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/finnish-roots/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolgan_language (not Finns but interesting)
Rh Factor is also interesting.

ps: I understand that politics, political correctness, and simple politeness trumps science in most areas but don't think investigations, done correctly, or even speculation is wrong. Sure, there could be some real messes but better to have data than not. Examples abound with regard to free will, criminality, genetics, IQ, and the subsequent  various legal and moral/ethical stuff- and once the science and data get ahead of our laws/society on some issues it might cause more problems.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Mastodonkey on October 11, 2015, 09:19:32 AM
I think you're just upset and severely misinformed. The people who made the Pyramids were a Caucasoid people, not of black African descent. They sat around for thousands of years in the mud with no written language. Facts trump racism.

The Ancient Egyptians weren't what we'd call "white," which is generally used for those of European descent.

http://observationdeck.kinja.com/no-egyptians-arent-white-but-they-arent-black-eithe-1665322870

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 12, 2015, 01:22:41 AM
The Ancient Egyptians weren't what we'd call "white," which is generally used for those of European descent.

http://observationdeck.kinja.com/no-egyptians-arent-white-but-they-arent-black-eithe-1665322870
I think they should've casted Indians (feathers, not dots) in the Semitic roles as some pay-back!

Juan Cena

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on October 11, 2015, 11:38:16 PM
And yeah, you're a fucking racist.

Because I'm using the term "white" in the context of being of European descent?
That's common practice, at least for Americans.

Juan Cena

Quote from: albrecht on October 12, 2015, 01:26:12 AM
I think they should've casted Indians (feathers, not dots) in the Semitic roles as some pay-back!

(There are just too many rabbit holes this one can go down, but I'd rather not go there)

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 12, 2015, 01:34:26 AM
(There are just too many rabbit holes this one can go down, but I'd rather not go there)
Well I was joking a bit on that one- but funnier guys than me like Mel Brooks made light of it. But one would think with the human genome sequenced that some "things" and "theories" could be explained, debunked, confirmed, or otherwise done away with. But there still seems to be some mystery and conflicting data. So I encourage research, science, and debate.

Juan Cena

Quote from: albrecht on October 12, 2015, 01:39:24 AM
Well I was joking a bit on that one- but funnier guys than me like Mel Brooks made light of it. But one would think with the human genome sequenced that some "things" and "theories" could be explained, debunked, confirmed, or otherwise done away with. But there still seems to be some mystery and conflicting data. So I encourage research, science, and debate.

I think there's a tendency among the Ancient Aliens/Lost Civilizations crowd to look at dubious and anecdotial archeological evidence more closely than scientific evidence (unless they can use it to make their argument)

Jackstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxmw9eizOAo

This interview is pretty good. Toe hardly talks at all.

pate

Quote from: Jackstar on May 08, 2019, 11:07:11 PM
... Toe hardly talks at all.
Yore naught fooling me with that sock-puppet Fourteen.

Jojo

Quote from: pate on May 09, 2019, 12:34:21 AM

Not a sock puppet.  I dont even know what this thread is about, let alone enough to send a sock..  I just was reading your posts and found it.  Cute dogs.

WOTR

Quote from: pate on May 09, 2019, 12:34:21 AM

I saw my first live (up close) corgi last weekend. Cute dog, but it looked like it needed one more set of legs in the middle.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: WOTR on May 27, 2019, 11:23:16 PM
I saw my first live (up close) corgi last weekend. Cute dog, but it looked like it needed one more set of legs in the middle.

EIN IS NOT A GOD DAMN HUSKY!

https://bebop.home.blog/2019/04/05/live-action-cowboy-bebop-casts-huskey-for-ein/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL18kdFYITg