• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Pyramids have been moved to the Gaza Strip!

Started by nirvanix, November 25, 2008, 09:56:39 AM

nirvanix

Listen, I like George, but I do have to laugh at his goofups sometimes. Last night he was interviewing egyptologist Zahi Hawass and asked him about the Gaza Strip instead of Giza. Oh George!

EvB

Quote from: nirvanix on November 25, 2008, 09:56:39 AM
Listen, I like George, but I do have to laugh at his goofups sometimes. Last night he was interviewing egyptologist Zahi Hawass and asked him about the Gaza Strip instead of Giza. Oh George!

LOL!  Yeah - if you can keep your humor  he can be pretty funny!

Spikegirl

Quote from: Max on November 25, 2008, 03:03:52 PM
shit I missed that part.

It was a veritable cornucopia of slurs, malaprops, and idiotic statements. I listened to the replay at 5am. What an idiot. I wish I still had streamlink, but refuse to pay for it out of principle. Last night was new Nooryism gold.

He was probably nervous as hell.  I can't believe he actually scored Hawass as a guest, and I bet he couldn't either.

Wcstflyer

I was laughing so hard after he said that. Obviously George was as nervous as a kid on his first date but what led up to the screw-up made it even more hilarious.

First and foremost, here was little George Noory speaking with the supreme number one honcho to Egyptian antiquities, Zahi Hawass. He first tries to soften him up by telling Zahi that his father was born in Egypt; the old "I feel the history and blood of my people coursing through my veins" psychology. But then he completely commits hoof-in-mouth by naively asking, "well what's new in the Gaza Strip?" There was momentary dead air as Zahi Hawass, an intolerant hot head at best who probably thinks of American radio personalities as brain washed and paid-off stooges of the Zionist Entity contemplates slamming down the phone. Thankfully, the interview went on.

Much later George took a pre-screened call from a guy who sounded like a cross between the Rabbi Marvin Hier and a kosher deli owner who wanted to plant the flag of Israel on top the Great Pyramid. Seven thousand miles away one could picture Zahi Hawass screaming revenge and taking a sledge hammer to his stream link computer. 

Folks, physical geography has never been George's strong suit. When he did his book tour he was in Honolulu at a Barnes & Noble and taking calls from fans. A woman in Kauai (an island a hundred miles west) called in and gushed how fabulous Noory was. George, flattered and buoyed by the throng packing the bookstore, blithely asked her if she was going to drive over? A hush came over the crowd before the woman politely said she could not drive her car to the book signing.  ;:) 

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on November 25, 2008, 04:43:17 PM
He was probably nervous as hell.  I can't believe he actually scored Hawass as a guest, and I bet he couldn't either.

The whole things was - in one way - a mutual kiss- fest.  George kept calling Hawass by his first name as if they were the best of buds.  Yet, when a caller addressed him as "Doc" (not Doctor Hawass, "Doc") George very pompously made a point of saying Doctor Hawass once or twice after - so it's not as if he's UNAWARE of these social conventions!

On the other side, Doctor Hawass did his best to be persuasive in that rough Egyption way that not only are all the paranormal stories related to pyramids nonsense - but C2C should stop telling such stories.  (It's ENTERTAINMENT, Doctor Hawass - of a kind Americans tend to like.  Sorry that too many take it seriously and annoy you, but that's unlikely to change)

I imagine that "annoyance factor" is how George manged to get a guest like Doctor Hawass at all. 

Boomer

I caught that one too...maybe George was trying to relocate the pyramids. What I really caught was the obvious Suck-Up job he was putting on Zahi.

Frys Girl

The gaza strip is now a giant concentration camp. Just thought I would add this. We're lucky we don't live there. Ekh... Israel.... I'm happy Olmert finally used the word "pogrom" to describe it.

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 11, 2008, 09:20:56 AM
The gaza strip is now a giant concentration camp. Just thought I would add this. We're lucky we don't live there. Ekh... Israel.... I'm happy Olmert finally used the word "pogrom" to describe it.

Coming from him - yeah.