• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell on Coast to Coast 5-23-08

Started by Spikegirl, May 16, 2008, 09:59:20 PM

Spikegirl

Art will be back to host with guest, Majorette Dames next Friday. Hopefully, he'll also do Open Lines. Open Lines is fascinating in the skilled hands of a host who has the balls to take unscreened calls.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Spikegirl on May 16, 2008, 09:59:20 PM
Art will be back to host with guest, Majorette Dames next Friday. Hopefully, he'll also do Open Lines. Open Lines is fascinating in the skilled hands of a host who has the balls to take unscreened calls.
hi, spikegirl.  hey, is art back to doing unscreened calls now when he hosts?  i didn't think he'd done a show with unscreened calls since leaving for the philippines.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 17, 2008, 02:37:41 AM
hi, spikegirl.  hey, is art back to doing unscreened calls now when he hosts?  i didn't think he'd done a show with unscreened calls since leaving for the philippines.

Art's calls were screened frm the Philippines due to some technical issue he never completely explained (likely because it was technical, and therefore boring to try and describe without seeing it -- or maybe it was one of the many technical issues that sound so much more complicated than they are it's exhausting to put it into common terminology. - And there you have, though I am a techie myself - my take on trying to TALK about it all sans jargon.  You need DIAGRAMS man DIAGRAMS!) When he got back to the US - he went back to unscreened calles pretty quickly.

Ev

I can't wait for next Friday. It's gonna make listening to the weekday shows just a little easier knowing a fresh dose of Art is on the way.

Spikegirl

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 17, 2008, 11:38:45 AM
It's gonna make listening to the weekday shows just a little easier knowing a fresh dose of Art is on the way.

That and a shot of bourbon!

Or if you ain't into the "pretty drinks", then stick with the bourbon and this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISmgOrhELXs

I wonder how I can hear this? I used to get it online on C-Fun out of Canada. I don't get the show on radio, and have been unsubbed for almost a year now.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on May 18, 2008, 07:58:26 AM
I wonder how I can hear this? I used to get it online on C-Fun out of Canada. I don't get the show on radio, and have been unsubbed for almost a year now.
victoria... go to max's site at
ADMIN EDIT:  URL removed due to potential security risks associated with the linked site.

you should be just fine.

Max

I believe I have cfun on the list.. its hard to keep track of it.

Already (I'm listening to the show right now) Art has shown the masterful skills of old. ***I feel so much for him*** His First caller, on the First-time caller line, during First Hour open lines.... HAD HER RADIO ON IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!!!!!  (11:11!!!!  12/21/2012!!!! U.S. President George Noory!!!!! ) Then, she turns into one of George's usual wacky callers. Then, SHE BREAKS DOWN CRYING IN A BLUBBERING MESS!!! HIS FIRST CALLER!!!  And what happens.....Art graciously exits and turns the situation around with an introspective and optimistic mini-commentary. SKillz baby, MAD SKillZ!!

BTW, for any morons who think Canadian currency is called "The Loon", it isn't. It's the dollar.  "A Loony/Looney" refers only to the $1 coin.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 24, 2008, 12:04:18 AM
Already (I'm listening to the show right now) Art has shown the masterful skills of old. ***I feel so much for him*** His First caller, on the First-time caller line, during First Hour open lines.... HAD HER RADIO ON IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!!!!!  (11:11!!!!  12/21/2012!!!! U.S. President George Noory!!!!! ) Then, she turns into one of George's usual wacky callers. Then, SHE BREAKS DOWN CRYING IN A BLUBBERING MESS!!! HIS FIRST CALLER!!!  And what happens.....Art graciously exits and turns the situation around with an introspective and optimistic mini-commentary. SKillz baby, MAD SKillZ!!

BTW, for any morons who think Canadian currency is called "The Loon", it isn't. It's the dollar.  "A Loony/Looney" refers only to the $1 coin.
heh yah i heard that broad.  how embarrassing.  i'm so tired of hearing americans crying at every turn.  it's EVERYWHERE.  tv, movies, radio... EVERYWHERE.  toughen up, america.  the chinese are coming, and you won't be saved by your tony robbins books or your starbucks gourmet coffees.

btw... very keen of you to point out her origins as a snoory caller.  very keen, indeed.

davboz

I missed that part, but that is the hyoooge difference between the two. He will say something meaningful. As if, you know, he was actually present,alive, and aware or something.
You know there are bad and/or boring people in the media but Noory has STRAIGHT UP ROBBED US!
The guy is just so bad that it is GRATING upon the sensibilities of so many of us, I can now see through this and other "Noory Sucks" formats. And to think that Noory actually shows such obvious resentment for Art when he is forced to mention or acknowledge him. It is just a flippin' shame.

Because it has a loon on it?  :D

Quote from: Art is the Best on August 29, 2008, 04:43:25 PM
Because it has a loon on it?  :D

Exactly, Art is Best. Thank You.

And the $2 is the Toony. And no, not because it has a toon/tune on it.