• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hardest questions to answer

Started by zeebo, March 20, 2017, 02:37:52 AM

TigerLily

I posed the question but had to think about it before I answered. I'm not religious. Mostly agnostic when I'm not downright Pagan. So I don't buy into the Bible Creation story. But in its own way I think it may explain the mystery of Creation rather well based on the understanding people had of actions beyond their limited knowledge.

I'm intrigued by the Ancient Alien theory but far from convinced. And hard to imagine all of Creation is merely an accident that evolved from microbes to Mankind. But the latter is closest to how I think things most likely started and evolved.  However, I also have a strong sense that our consciousness or "soul" persists after our physical death. Not sure how that fits with the theory of accidental evolution but what do I know? Maybe the difference between a physical and ethereal existence?

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on March 28, 2017, 11:55:02 PM
I posed the question but had to think about it before I answered. I'm not religious. Mostly agnostic when I'm not downright Pagan. So I don't buy into the Bible Creation story. But in its own way I think it may explain the mystery of Creation rather well based on the understanding people had of actions beyond their limited knowledge.

I'm intrigued by the Ancient Alien theory but far from convinced. And hard to imagine all of Creation is merely an accident that evolved from microbes to Mankind. But the latter is closest to how I think things most likely started and evolved.  However, I also have a strong sense that our consciousness or "soul" persists after our physical death. Not sure how that fits with the theory of accidental evolution but what do I know? Maybe the difference between a physical and ethereal existence?

Who created the aliens?

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 28, 2017, 07:22:45 PM
I have a hard time reconciling the God of Moses with the God of Jesus.

Eh? It's easy. One's a sick duck, and...

Dyna-X

Quote from: TigerLily on March 28, 2017, 11:55:02 PM

The way I resolve this creation question is to see the atoms and molecules of creation as more like auto-stacking Lego building blocks than as random things and so the "hurrricane making a 747 from a junkyard" statement oft heard really is a poor comparison. However, to build these Legos to fit and auto-combine and stack is the Mind of the Creator and after this was done - we are kind of on our own like tadpoles. I think we go on in a non-dogmatized reincarnation - but that the questions of "Divine Intervention" or a "Personal God" are difficult to answer.

Every time I hear "We chose our parents" or this or that circumstance before we came here, I call bullshit. As best I can tell even the karma thingy doesn't really work too well either. Its more like we are all who we are anyway. Criminal types will continue to gain lifetime to lifetime until they are physically caught and stopped. So if Earth is a "prison planet" and real prisons just create stronger criminals - well, you see where this is going.

Lilith

Quote from: TigerLily on March 29, 2017, 10:18:38 AM
You'd have to ask brig and Starr on that one

I switched em back since Starr informed me.  :-[

Hardest question to answer? That`s easy. How the heck did Clemson win the Natti??

#Clemsonsucks

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on March 20, 2017, 02:37:52 AM
Here's one, to start things off:  Which is harder to imagine ... A finite universe, or an infinite one?  Think about it.

Interesting documentary. It helped me form my new postulation that photons cannot exist.

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Nothing-Amazing-Science-Empty/dp/B01MY6PO1C

zeebo

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on March 29, 2017, 10:46:45 AM
...Every time I hear "We chose our parents" or this or that circumstance before we came here, I call bullshit.

Ha, yeah me too.  Seems alot more random than that, like this is all a big role-playing game and you start the whole thing off with a dice roll, e.g. ...."Ok, last time you were a Sri Lankan woman with psoriasis and a penchant for writing cat poetry ... ROLL ... Ok, this time you'll be a Norwegian man with dyslexia who's highly skilled in ultimate frisbee. Good luck.  START."

Rix Gins

Which career was Jethro Bodine (Beverly Hillbillies) best suited for?

1. Brain Surgeon
  2. Hollywood Producer
  3. Double-Naught Spy.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Rix Gins on March 29, 2017, 03:04:38 PM
Which career was Jethro Bodine (Beverly Hillbillies) best suited for?

1. Brain Surgeon
  2. Hollywood Producer
  3. Double-Naught Spy.

If Jethro Tull hadn't invented the seed drill, what would the name have been of the self indulgent prog rock/folk group that Ian Anderson fronted?

TigerLily

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 29, 2017, 03:11:51 PM
If Jethro Tull hadn't invented the seed drill, what would the name have been of the self indulgent prog rock/folk group that Ian Anderson fronted?

If Ian Punnett were named after Ian Anderson would he still have tinnitus?

Dyna-X

Quote from: TigerLily on March 29, 2017, 05:35:47 PM
If Ian Punnett were named after Ian Anderson would he still have tinnitus?
Wond'ring Aloud

zeebo

Here's one:  Why are you you, and not somebody else? 

(I'm reminded of the old saying:  Don't try to be someone you're not - everyone else is already taken.  :D)

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2017, 12:44:36 AM

(I'm reminded of the old saying:  Don't try to be someone you're not - everyone else is already taken.  :D)

The right sperm got lucky.

It does not answer the question exactly, but via hypnotic regression, I recall seeing this just before incarnation:

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 29, 2017, 11:12:28 AM
Hardest question to answer? That`s easy. How the heck did Clemson win the Natti??

#Clemsonsucks
Good to see you back! Who is Clemson?

akwilly

A waitress told me the soup of the day and I asked her "who is the salad"?

For me it's because the Japanese killed the other poor bastard and not my Old Man.

TigerLily

No one else wanted the job

Yorkshire pud

Why do 99% of cafe's and such have panino as panini? And go on to sell paninis or even panini's We don't have sandwicheses. Bastards.

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on March 30, 2017, 09:25:38 AM
No one else wanted the job

lol I can't prove this is right but it sure feels right.