• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Game of Thrones

Started by bluth co., May 13, 2012, 01:30:32 PM

Well, so much for #TeamStark.  :-X  I've made it through all 4 seasons of GoT. Whether this is something to be proud of is another story. Tolkien it's not, and I noticed that GRRM upped the ante of the violence with each season, so that 4 was a whopper of a blood-gore fest, one episode in particular which shall not be named for fear of spoilers. But Jesus on a biscuit, that was a disgusting scene. The day of reckoning in the very last episode made me laugh out loud. It was all that character deserved and more, much more. Other than that, Danaerys and her dragons are getting on my last nerve, Jon Snow has a wind blowing machine for when he's standing on the wall and Ciaran Hinds was a very welcome surprise. I will say no more.

Kelt

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on September 24, 2014, 10:06:04 PM
Well, so much for #TeamStark.  :-X  I've made it through all 4 seasons of GoT. Whether this is something to be proud of is another story. Tolkien it's not, and I noticed that GRRM upped the ante of the violence with each season, so that 4 was a whopper of a blood-gore fest, one episode in particular which shall not be named for fear of spoilers. But Jesus on a biscuit, that was a disgusting scene. The day of reckoning in the very last episode made me laugh out loud. It was all that character deserved and more, much more. Other than that, Danaerys and her dragons are getting on my last nerve, Jon Snow has a wind blowing machine for when he's standing on the wall and Ciaran Hinds was a very welcome surprise. I will say no more.

He's officially 6'1" tall, but his stage presence makes him seem 7' tall.  Love that guy.

Now, if they can get James Purefoy into the series somehow.

Quote from: Kelt on September 24, 2014, 10:14:51 PM
He's officially 6'1" tall, but his stage presence makes him seem 7' tall.  Love that guy.

Now, if they can get James Purefoy into the series somehow.

I had no idea he was that tall, and yeah, you're right, he's 7' tall when he acts. I'd gladly watch him in anything, even though he broke my damn heart as The Mayor of Casterbridge.

James Purefoy - yes! And Philip or Robert Glenister, I'm not picky. Or both!

DavidJones

My friend recently introduced me to GOT. Still have 2 seasons to catch up to. Personally, I think it's the best series, since prison break :)

new season first two eps are up

b_dubb

"He was not a dragon.  Fire cannot kill a dragon." - Danaerys

b_dubb

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on September 24, 2014, 10:32:51 PM
I had no idea he was that tall, and yeah, you're right, he's 7' tall when he acts. I'd gladly watch him in anything, even though he broke my damn heart as The Mayor of Casterbridge.

James Purefoy - yes! And Philip or Robert Glenister, I'm not picky. Or both!
James Purefoy will always be Marc Antony to me.  God I loved "Rome".

zeebo

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on September 24, 2014, 10:06:04 PM

Just saw this post.  It echoes my exhasperation with the books.  Made it all the way through the third book and stalled out.  Thing is, after about a year GoT-free, I'm still curious to see what happens with certain characters.  I may have to buy back my book 4 which I sold to the used bookstore.   :-\

onan

The first four episodes of the new Game of Thrones season have leaked online a day before the official premiere.

https://torrentfreak.com/first-episodes-of-game-of-thrones-season-5-leak-online-150412/

Daggit

Quote from: onan on April 13, 2015, 06:37:57 AM
The first four episodes of the new Game of Thrones season have leaked online a day before the official premiere.

https://torrentfreak.com/first-episodes-of-game-of-thrones-season-5-leak-online-150412/

Reported to Art.

We're reporting pirates now right?

b_dubb

I've watched every episode of GoT for free. This season I'm actually going to pay for HBO Now. I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to resist watching these torrented episodes

Quote from: b_dubb on April 13, 2015, 07:00:57 PM
I've watched every episode of GoT for free. This season I'm actually going to pay for HBO Now. I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to resist watching these torrented episodes
if you watch the four leaked eps, you will have to wait a month for the next new (to you) one to air.

are you going to watch HBO by subscribing to their stand alone streaming? i think it is fifteen dollars a month. dunno the details.

Quote from: Daggit on April 13, 2015, 07:04:24 AM
Reported to Art.

We're reporting pirates now right?

why? HBO doesn't care. i think they have stated that GoT is the most pirated television program these days. their only concern about the leaked season five episodes was their stand alone streaming subscriptions.

pate

Look to your left,

Look to your right,

Are you still alive?

ONeill

After the first two episodes it looks like the show will go a very much different path than the books. Well it was only to be expected with the last two books released being bloated monsters with so little actual plot. Especially the Brienne storyline could essentially have been cut from the books entirely, no idea what was the purpose of it. It is so much better in the series.

eddie dean

Quote from: Treading Water on June 09, 2014, 04:48:10 AM
I love Comicbookgirl19!!  Great place to get background if you can't bring yourself to read the books.  Also a good refresher if you've read them.

Does anyone know why ComicBookGirl19 isn't doing the GOT season 5 episode "Rewind"  for the new season of GOT?  :'(
Her youtube channel is still there but no more Rewind eps.

What a bummer! I was looking forward to catching up tonight.

http://youtu.be/Yoxeb5FtTXc

Edit: I took Tommy D's advice and did a  Google search. Uhh-maze-ing!
http://www.comicbookgirl19.com/#!5-Reasons-why-Game-of-Thrones-Rewind-show-was-canceled/cvts/551b17ba0cf21e26bac3d11c

b_dubb

I'm really enjoying the show. I considered reading the books but didn't want to invest the time it would take to read them. I love a good book but damn each one of the GoT books is like "The Fountainhead". Who has that kind of time? Well ... I do but I spend it sitting on my ass watching tv and working a regular day job.

eddie dean

Quote from: b_dubb on May 08, 2015, 07:14:22 PM
I'm really enjoying the show. I considered reading the books but didn't want to invest the time it would take to read them. I love a good book but damn each one of the GoT books is like "The Fountainhead". Who has that kind of time? Well ... I do but I spend it sitting on my ass watching tv and working a regular day job.

Yeah, it's been pretty good
Books vs TV series, by all accounts, are going to be different from here on out. Unless Martin can write faster.

*Speculation + spoilers*
Daenerys has major problems with the 'sons of harpy'. Some ppl just dont want to be free.  She needs to sick her dragons on that entire city & move on with her goal to conquer King's Landing. It's becomming a Quagmire! 

eddie dean

b_dubb

"Don't want to overfeed them."

eddie dean

Quote from: b_dubb on May 10, 2015, 07:20:28 PM
"Don't want to overfeed them."

dragon fire lie detector!

eddie dean

The bolton kid need to get some sun.

eddie dean

holy hell! the end of that episode ("kill the boy") was frigen awesome!

Yay!! Dragon fly by!!

I hope Sansa gets to kill the Bolton/Snow boy. Gruesomely.
Hmmmmmmmm. Will she do to Roose's wife what was done to her brother's wife?

They're all just spokes on a wheel.

b_dubb

I'd like to see the Bolton men turn on each other.  Sansa dear? Remember your lessons from Littlefinger?

Quote from: b_dubb on May 10, 2015, 09:30:03 PM
I'd like to see the Bolton men turn on each other.  Sansa dear? Remember your lessons from Littlefinger?

How great would that be??  Little R would dance and sing and jab gleefully. Big R would move slowly and keep missing the little guy. Then, when Little R was gloating and readying the final blow, Big R would deliver a disabling move, lean in and whisper: "Remember that Bolton stuff? I was just fucking with you Mr. Snow!"
I'm thinking he might just paralyze the little shit and walk away, letting him "live."

Damn, I didn't know I could be so nasty....       ::)

ONeill

Quote from: b_dubb on May 10, 2015, 09:30:03 PM

This shit is totally different from how it plays in Martin's books. And it's so much better.

ONeill

Quote from: b_dubb on May 08, 2015, 07:14:22 PM

I listened to the audiobooks while driving. It took months but that's a good way to go through them.

BTW, does anyone know any good audiobook productions with multiple actors actually playing roles?

Quote from: ONeill on May 12, 2015, 02:00:26 AM
This shit is totally different from how it plays in Martin's books. And it's so much better.

Yep. I've read all the books but I've never expected any movie/tv series to exactly follow the book it's based on. Even if it was possible, it would be pretty darn boring.(there'd be too much narration)
I do like the turn of events so far. I think I'll keep watching.
Besides, I'm hoping for a Sansa/Arya tag team scenario.  Let's get to kicking some royal ass girls.   :)

b_dubb

The rape of Sansa. I've just about had it with this fucking show.