• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Burning Man Live Stream

Started by starrmtn001, August 29, 2016, 03:04:40 PM

Rix Gins

A big ball of fire coming out of that metal structure at center.  Also a cool shot of a lit up burning man sculpture.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 29, 2016, 03:22:32 PM
That's fine.  I have no problem with that.  I just don't get the attraction of camping out in a 100 degree plus temperatures. Of course, I would not have gone to Woodstock either with all that mud.

I think it's the kind of event that you have to drop acid, mushrooms or ecstasy to really get into.  ;)

JesusJuice

Just saw this thread whilst on my Nexus 7. Thought it said "Burning Poo Live Stream".  Kind of disappointed.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: JesusJuice on September 01, 2016, 11:15:54 PM
Just saw this thread whilst on my Nexus 7. Thought it said "Burning Poo Live Stream".  Kind of disappointed.

AKWilly SHOULD start the Burning Poo Festival!  :D

Where's the orgy dome that is being highlighted on Drudge now?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1705240/everyone-who-enters-intends-to-have-sex-inside-the-burning-man-festivals-orgy-dome-where-5000-horny-revellers-get-down-and-dirty-every-year/

We need a live cam in there right now. It might prove interesting but it also might make me sick.

starrmtn001

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 29, 2016, 03:04:40 PM
For those of you who can't attend this year, or you simply want to see what goes on, here is The Burning Man Channel.  Enjoy. ;D

Burning Man Live Stream

https://youtu.be/Zi8_CLY3fAo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 01, 2016, 11:20:26 PM
Where's the orgy dome that is being highlighted on Drudge now?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1705240/everyone-who-enters-intends-to-have-sex-inside-the-burning-man-festivals-orgy-dome-where-5000-horny-revellers-get-down-and-dirty-every-year/

We need a live cam in there right now. It might prove interesting but it also might make me sick.

There is sound now and the camera is panning.  I think I saw a dome.  Don't know whether it's THE dome.  ;) ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: JesusJuice on September 01, 2016, 11:15:54 PM
Sorry. I don't do poo.  That would be plagiarism against Willy, and Willy is my friend.

Rix Gins

Fire dancers at center to the right a little bit.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 01, 2016, 11:35:49 PM
Fire dancers at center to the right a little bit.
Cool!  Thank you Rex Gins. :D

Rix Gins

Some more pics from Starr's Burning Man video stream. 

1.  A giant cricket out on the desert.
2.  Some desert artwork.
3.  Part of a passenger jet back there.
4.  The wind is starting to blow.
5.  Sand storm.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 02, 2016, 03:12:17 PM
Some more pics from Starr's Burning Man video stream. 

1.  A giant cricket out on the desert.
2.  Some desert artwork.
3.  Part of a passenger jet back there.
4.  The wind is starting to blow.
5.  Sand storm.
You are taking better care of this thread than I am, Rix. 

I, hereby hand all the "goodies" credits over to you, sir! ;) ;D

aldousburbank

"Wow what a hellhole!"

My 12 yr old son's immediate comment upon seeing the live stream.

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 03, 2016, 03:24:22 PM
"Wow what a hellhole!"

Cool!!!

Tell him I said, thanks! ;)

Rix Gins

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 03, 2016, 03:18:50 PM
You are taking better care of this thread than I am, Rix. 

I, hereby hand all the "goodies" credits over to you, sir! ;) ;D

Thank you Starr, for providing the video feed.  I always like to take screenshots off of webcams (got some really cool ones when hurricane Katrina rolled in) and I am happy to be one of your photographers for Burning Man.  I think the actual burning is scheduled for 9:00 tonight Pacific time, but the guy on your video stream feed said that it hardly ever comes off as scheduled.  Delays due to sand storms and whatnot.  I will try to get some shots of the actual fireworks and burning.  In the meantime, here are some more pics. 

1.  A copper dragon is taking people for a ride.
2.  People are still milling about on the large area that was cleared for bikes, floats and motor vehicles. 
3   The Burning Man awaits his destiny.
4.  Notice how the wind is picking up right after I took screenshot #3.
5.  They will be burning those buildings out there in the sandstorm too.  (After the Burning Man is finished.)

WOTR

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 03, 2016, 03:24:22 PM
"Wow what a hellhole!"

I know I may be betraying my age... But I kind of wanted to go a decade or two back, before it was popular.  Now I don't think you could pay me to show up there...

Rix Gins

Quote from: WOTR on September 03, 2016, 04:31:35 PM
I know I may be betraying my age... But I kind of wanted to go a decade or two back, before it was popular.  Now I don't think you could pay me to show up there...

You should have gone to this one.  There goes your chance to maneuver Paris Hilton or Katy Perry into the sex dome. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 03, 2016, 04:51:15 PM
You should have gone to this one.  There goes your chance to maneuver Paris Hilton or Katy Perry into the sex dome.
Feed was out but it just now came back on.

This is for you, Rex Gins. :-*

Rix Gins

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 03, 2016, 05:03:04 PM
Feed was out but it just now came back on.

This is for you, Rex Gins. :-*

Why, thankee Starr.  Awful sweet of ya'.

Rix Gins

Looks like a sandstorm is rolling through.

Rix Gins

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 03, 2016, 09:17:36 PM
Yikes!!! :o

Wow, Starr, your screenshot really captured the blowing sand nicely.  Looks like the people are making a beeline to the burning man...way off there in the distance.

Rix Gins

Yup, looks like everyone is starting to congregate there.

Rix Gins

Cool, looks like things are clearing up a bit.

Rix Gins

haha, I could hear Harry Nilsson's song 'Jump Into The Fire' being played in the background.

Rix Gins

Fireworks while the burning man burns.

Rix Gins

And the burning man has done been burnt.  Thanks Starr.  That was fun.

WOTR

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 03, 2016, 11:05:40 PM
Fireworks while the burning man burns.
Doesn't that represent all that went wrong with burning man?  I get that things have changed- but you don't get more main stream or pedestrian than fireworks.  It seems that you are supposed to be paying attention to the main event and contemplating what it means and assigning it some BS meaning in your life but now there is fireworks like the 4th of July, country fair or a family BBQ.  The only thing is is missing is a big sign that the fireworks are brought to you by Coke- open happiness, and taste the feeling of Burning Man.

Rix Gins

Quote from: WOTR on September 04, 2016, 02:09:45 AM
Doesn't that represent all that went wrong with burning man?  I get that things have changed- but you don't get more main stream or pedestrian than fireworks.  It seems that you are supposed to be paying attention to the main event and contemplating what it means and assigning it some BS meaning in your life but now there is fireworks like the 4th of July, country fair or a family BBQ.  The only thing is is missing is a big sign that the fireworks are brought to you by Coke- open happiness, and taste the feeling of Burning Man.

Could be, but I did notice that the fireworks were of one bright color and not multi colored as in the Fourth of July type fireworks.  (I might be wrong here because I'm quite color blind.)  It almost seemed like they were exploding sparks coming out of the burning man himself, and they ceased to explode as the burning man continued to burn...but I'm certainly no expert on the thing...this was the first time I ever watched it on a webcam.  I remember a strange phenomena a couple years back when a humongous caravan of brand new cars parked in a local park just so that the drivers and their companions could ride bikes along stretches of mountain roadways.  It was almost like the Stepford Wives.  Here was this big sea of newish parked cars and compact tents set up in the park for a couple days and then they were gone, as if they had never been there.  I'm sure a lot of people like that were at Burning Man, but I also like to think that there were lots of honest artists there who did, like you rightly put it, contemplate what it meant to be there.  I examined the website and it looks like Burning Man is a sponsor free enterprise so I doubt that we will see any Coke commercials for the foreseeable future. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 03, 2016, 11:22:52 PM
And the burning man has done been burnt.  Thanks Starr.  That was fun.
Indeed it was fun.  Thank you for all of your Perks, Rex Gins.  The credit for making this thread so enjoyable goes to you, 100%. 

Thank you. :-*  ;D