• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

(Reality)

Quote from: sorefinger on June 28, 2016, 09:02:10 PM
You're thinking is inverted. Brexit is averting a revolution.  In the same way, a vote gainst the establishment and globalization would avert a revolution here in the US.

as much as I support British separation from EU remember that it was
Remain: 48% 16,141,241
Leave: 52% 17,410,742

I'm not sure this close voting result is indication of a revolution pot brewing.
(but perhaps you are onto something here)?

[attachment id=1 msg=849368]

CornyCrow

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 28, 2016, 08:18:32 PM
I'm very familiar with both of those wars but I don't see a Brexit victory as being in the same category of importance as the Allied or American victories in those historic conflicts. Anyway, are you saying that Brexit is a sign or some kind of proof that a bloody revolution is coming to the U.S.? Because I can't see that through the fog.
Brexit is a message that people do not like the direction of the country.  So are Sanders and Trump.  I think revolution happens when the bad situation continues and those in authority just ignore the plight of their people or choose not to see, and when the 'people' are becoming so poor and desperate that they have nothing left to lose but their lives. 

Quote from: ge30542 on June 28, 2016, 08:46:41 PM
WOW, Beetle lyrics, cool.
Wasn't that song originally done by Spirit?
I believe it was Herbie the Love Bug.

Hautex

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 28, 2016, 09:26:39 PM
Ooohh.  That sounds nice.  Thank you. ;)
Heck, ma'am, I'd give you one of my old ones... a bit old and worn out, but functional....

PaulAtreides

Art's just turned into an angry old cracker.  Just like Trump, but older. 

It will be so great after Hillary's has packed SCOTUS.  No more corporate owned justices.  No more states permitted to peek in your bedroom.  The best part is that her appointments will control the Court until 2050. 

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 29, 2016, 09:56:07 AM

It will be so great after Hillary's has packed SCOTUS.  No more corporate owned justices.  No more states permitted to peek in your bedroom.  The best part is that her appointments will control the Court until 2050.

Delete your account.  ;D

No more corporate owned justices.

Liberal logic:  Hillary is owned by Wall Street but represents the people.

LOL!

The only "angry old cracker" is Hillary because she's going to lose again :)

bobo17

folks
the MEETING is off....not futher explanation will be provide
unless i here from my fellow bellgabbers.  I was a founding member and well respected on
this board.
i am very important and well respected in the international busness comunity.
i no a lot of important, powerful people.
please, i am not just doing this for myself but for all you little people

let me no if you want me to continue with the meeting or not,
i will listen intently to your replies

bobo
lets make radio great again

Quote from: creepygreenlight on June 29, 2016, 10:43:36 AM

From your lips to God's ears.

Juan

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 28, 2016, 08:37:41 PM
Who would do such a thing?  "My Friend Flicker." ::)
It must be sNoory.  Remember "Old Yeller?"

Hog

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 28, 2016, 08:26:23 PM
FIFY.  You're welcome. ;)
Always put a sore finger in hard cider.

peace
Hog

FIFY.  You're welcome. ;)

That wrecks the joke, unless you wrote "Always put a sore finger in cider, HARD" or "Always put a sore finger HARD, in cider."

Whenever a person hits their finger with a hammer or otherwise injures a digit is "You better take that finger and put it in cider." which is a sexual innuendo for "placing ones injured finger inside a vagina."

Eg:  Someone injures their finger. In an attempt to create humour under the guise of providing legitimate emergency First-Aid, someone might exclaim "Ouch, that's a doozey, you'd better take that and soak it INSIDE HER."

I suppose that soaking the said injured digit in "Hard Cider" might provide some antiseptic benefits, but the ethyl alcohol percentage would have to be on the higher end of the scale so far as "Hard Ciders" are concerned. That possible antibiotic action would be in addition to the low temperature of the "Hard Cider" which helps to lessen swelling and pain.
If the injury to the digit involves blood loss, it is suggested that a finger cot (finger condom) be applied before "soaking it inside her."  This would help mitigate the risk of transmitting blood-borne pathogens.

peace
Hog

Lilith

LOL!

Right?

Corona Kitty

i don't stand behind any of these candidates, as you know I don't like political figures.

Poll: Clinton and Trump run neck-and-neck... According to cnn

Quote from: bobo17 on June 29, 2016, 11:00:55 AM
folks
the MEETING is off....not futher explanation will be provide
unless i here from my fellow bellgabbers.  I was a founding member and well respected on
this board.
i am very important and well respected in the international busness comunity.
i no a lot of important, powerful people.
please, i am not just doing this for myself but for all you little people

let me no if you want me to continue with the meeting or not,
i will listen intently to your replies

bobo

ItsOver

Quote from: bobo17 on June 29, 2016, 11:00:55 AM
... i am not just doing this for myself but for all you little people...

bobo
Gee, thanks.  Does Darby O'Gill know about this?

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 28, 2016, 09:18:34 PM
I was all about horses most of my life.  Used to belong to local riding clubs and participated in horse shows/competitive trail riding.  Getting old FUCKING SUCKS!!! >:( >:( >:(

I'm getting higher up on the new body waiting list but damn, ya'd think with our technology now, I could get a decent trade in on a used late model.  Oh well. :P
HA HA I know Nakshi,  by the time we're  dead, we will have all new parts,  some of them twice...:)

ge30542

LOL!

I know right?   The Sea Hag is owned lock, stock and barrel, by Wall Street. Selling influence, to the highest bidder, through tbe Clinton Crime Family Foundation. Lib hypocrisy is funny.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Segundus on June 29, 2016, 08:29:59 AM
Brexit is a message that people do not like the direction of the country.  So are Sanders and Trump.  I think revolution happens when the bad situation continues and those in authority just ignore the plight of their people or choose not to see, and when the 'people' are becoming so poor and desperate that they have nothing left to lose but their lives.

Right, but the OP was saying that Brexit prevented a revolution in Britain and a Trump victory would prevent a bloody revolution in the U.S. -- one which, he seemed to imply, would happen if Clinton wins (within 4-8 years). He apparently was not talking figuratively but actually meant a rebellion to overthrow these governments, like the French Revolution or the Russian Revolution. He said all of this is obvious if you watch the news.

What can I tell you? I watch the news and I don't think things have deteriorated anywhere near that far. It's not that it couldn't ever happen, just that it won't, IMO, in the near and foreseeable future. The pain is reality, the bloody revolution is, for now, just someone's bloody fantasy.

Jackstar

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 29, 2016, 03:32:45 PM
What can I tell you? I watch the news and I don't think things have deteriorated anywhere near that far.

You could tell me who killed Kennedy, you gap-jawed idiot, lol

ItsOver

Quote from: Jackstar on June 29, 2016, 03:46:44 PM
You could tell me who killed Kennedy, you gap-jawed idiot, lol
We know it couldn't be Bobo.  He would have never made it to Dallas.

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on June 29, 2016, 03:49:39 PM
We know it couldn't be Bobo.  He would have never made it to Dallas.

Right?

Jackstar

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 28, 2016, 09:59:52 PM
Are you even sure you want to keep talking about bloody revolutions in the U.S.? That means thousands of dead bodies in the streets, chaos, martial law imposed, the Army deployed in America, lots of innocents caught in the cross-fire? You get the picture.

... do you? SO BE IT.

aldousburbank

Anybody who isn't thinking that "the news" isn't a psyop mindfuck isn't thinking.

CornyCrow

Not to mention the religious dogma informing viewpoints. 

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 29, 2016, 06:41:17 PM
Anybody who isn't thinking that "the news" isn't a psyop mindfuck isn't thinking.

I'm expecting Art along anytime now to tell us as a Libertarian leaning Obama and Trump supporter, he's just watched 200 hours of discussion on Brexit on CNN, and thinks the voters made a horrible decision

CornyCrow

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 29, 2016, 06:50:56 PM
I'm expecting Art along anytime now to tell us as a Libertarian leaning Obama and Trump supporter, he's just watched 200 hours of discussion on Brexit on CNN, and thinks the voters made a horrible decision
If you see the Brexit votes, except for London, the leave votes were all by areas that had an influx of people from other EU nations.  I think there should have been some acceptable ratio of newcomers into an area.  Sweden is now thinking of exiting because they cannot handle the crime and culture of the Muslim populations.  It's just too much, too fast.  When that happens people tend not to assimilate, but ghettoize themselves and that's a groundwork for trouble. 

I suspect that there will be some new agreement/organization that will join these nations together, but they will be more considerate of their individual populations and the impact of their decisions. 

I would laugh if many countries now drop out of the EU, form a new union, and leave Merkel with supporting her 'have nots'.  To think, I used to admire that woman.  I actually felt sorry for her when W molested her.  I also laughed when, the following day, a good portion of the W party got some bad stomach virus. 

Remember when W ruined the queen's heirloom rosebushes with his helicopter? 

My husband just heard that Trump campaign solicitations have been sent across the ocean to Brit government members (or their families).  Money is tight, I think. 

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Segundus on June 29, 2016, 07:09:52 PM
If you see the Brexit votes, except for London, the leave votes were all by areas that had an influx of people from other EU nations.  I think there should have been some acceptable ratio of newcomers into an area.  Sweden is now thinking of exiting because they cannot handle the crime and culture of the Muslim populations.  It's just too much, too fast.  When that happens people tend not to assimilate, but ghettoize themselves and that's a groundwork for trouble. 

I suspect that there will be some new agreement/organization that will join these nations together, but they will be more considerate of their individual populations and the impact of their decisions. 

I would laugh if many countries now drop out of the EU, form a new union, and leave Merkel with supporting her 'have nots'.  To think, I used to admire that woman.  I actually felt sorry for her when W molested her.  I also laughed when, the following day, a good portion of the W party got some bad stomach virus. 

Remember when W ruined the queen's heirloom rosebushes with his helicopter? 

My husband just heard that Trump campaign solicitations have been sent across the ocean to Brit government members (or their families).  Money is tight, I think.

I listened to part of Merkel's speech in Bruxelles. One thing she reinforced (which you have to remember when asking why the EU even exists) is her strong belief, shared by all EU supporters, that the EU is the answer to almost constant wars among European countries over the last several hundred years. They take that history very seriously over there, even though we tend not to.

It doesn't change a whole lot about the social, political and economic problems they're facing but it's always in the back of their minds and affects the way they look at things.

... leave Merkel with supporting her 'have nots'...

Why Germany would elect someone from the former East Germany to head the government is beyond me.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 29, 2016, 08:23:07 PM
...her strong belief, shared by all EU supporters, that the EU is the answer to almost constant wars among European countries over the last several hundred years...

My guess would have been 'democracy'.  Modern democratic Japan isn't continuing her ongoing wars with her neighbors either

...  Sweden is now thinking of exiting because they cannot handle the crime and culture of the Muslim populations.  It's just too much, too fast.  When that happens people tend not to assimilate, but ghettoize themselves and that's a groundwork for trouble...

Congrats.  This is apparently a very difficult concept to understand.

ge30542

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 29, 2016, 08:23:07 PM
I listened to part of Merkel's speech in Bruxelles. One thing she reinforced (which you have to remember when asking why the EU even exists) is her strong belief, shared by all EU supporters, that the EU is the answer to almost constant wars among European countries over the last several hundred years. They take that history very seriously over there, even though we tend not to.

It doesn't change a whole lot about the social, political and economic problems they're facing but it's always in the back of their minds and affects the way they look at things.
If I lived in the UK, I too would want to get away from Brussels. Eff them AND their sprouts!