• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Winter Holiday Thread

Started by pyewacket, December 04, 2015, 12:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 24, 2016, 07:21:36 PM
I am not going to ask how you know about "apparent human taste"

Paul Theroux's "Happy Isles" (1992):
"It was a theory of mine that former cannibals of Oceania now feasted on Spam because Spam came the nearest to approximating the porky taste of human flesh. ‘Long pig’ as they called a cooked human being in much of Melanesia. It was a fact that the people-eaters of the Pacific had all evolved, or perhaps degenerated, into Spam-eaters. And in the absence of Spam they settled for corned beef, which also had a corpsy flavor."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamarama
"Spamarama (SPAMARAMA) was a long-time annual festival and competitive cookoff held in Austin, Texas from 1976 to 2007 in recognition of Spam. Officially called the Pandemonious Potted Pork Festival*, SPAMARAMA was held on a weekend close to April Fool's Day in Waterloo Park and drew thousands of people to one of the wackiest festivals in America.
Cooking entries included various flavors of SPAM ice cream, Moo Goo Gai SPAM, GuacaSPAMole, chicken-fried SPAM, SPAMguini, and SPAMalama Ding Dong, a concoction made with the pink colored meat, whipped cream, and chocolate. Other events included the SPAM carving display involving themes based on current events, body parts, or animals such as the SPAMagator, the SPAM calling contest, the SPAM toss, the SPAM facial, and the Tug of War across a pit filled with SPAM jelly."

* I think this was due to a Hormel lawsuit or injunction or threat

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on December 24, 2016, 08:19:23 PM
Paul Theroux's "Happy Isles" (1992):
"It was a theory of mine that former cannibals of Oceania now feasted on Spam because Spam came the nearest to approximating the porky taste of human flesh. ‘Long pig’ as they called a cooked human being in much of Melanesia. It was a fact that the people-eaters of the Pacific had all evolved, or perhaps degenerated, into Spam-eaters. And in the absence of Spam they settled for corned beef, which also had a corpsy flavor."

I was going to say; "no it doesn't" but I've never eaten corpse so I actually don't know. ;) ;D

albrecht

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on December 24, 2016, 09:13:14 PM
I was going to say; "no it doesn't" but I've never eaten corpse so I actually don't know. ;) ;D
Yeah, and how Paul Theroux knows what a "corpse" tastes like.  :o Kuru (a Creutzfeldt-Jakob and Mad Cow like disease) was prevalent in PNG back in the body-eating days (they would eat their dead for ceremonial/nutrition purposes.) Still pops up sometimes and, like the other, a bad thing caused by prions and your brain becomes like a sponge.

Merry Christmas!

trostol

Remember..if its late on Christmas Eve of Christmas Day...and need something to watch...Die Hard is considered a Christmas movie 

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on December 24, 2016, 09:51:09 PM
Remember..if its late on Christmas Eve of Christmas Day...and need something to watch...Die Hard is considered a Christmas movie
And so is Die Hard 2, at least by me. I think the franchise got over their skis, jumped the shark, lost the plot- or whatever- once they abandoned the Christmas-time, wintery theme.

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on December 24, 2016, 09:51:09 PM

albrecht

reposting, and deleting, from other thread that got derailed. Not trying to be an MV, praise MV! Or offend various holidays! Allaha snackbar! Merry Christmas! Happy Chanuakka/Kuanhukka or whatever we finally figure out how to spell. (Kidding, I even have some blue lights out!) But clearing up my own mess, I created, by reposting. If I can!  god jul! (Neither of these cards hold ANY responsibility to me or my comment here or previous. Just cool cards that I thought some, like K-Dubb and others, would appreciate. In NO WAY do they represent my views or are affiliated with me or my BG account. Or MV's site.  ;))
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8014.msg976200.html#msg976200

comaphobe

Quote from: GravitySucks
<attachment>

tell that to takagi...

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on December 24, 2016, 07:05:49 PM
We Wish You a Merry Catsmas And A Happy Mew Year. :-*

https://youtu.be/aF8h6P6X-qw

Cats and Christmas trees are a deadly combination.  lol.  Merry Christmas, starr and to everybody else on Bellgab.

BobGrau

Merry Xmas, you magnificent bastards.

GravitySucks

Enjoy you your Christmas lights while you can.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/24/enviros-wage-war-on-christmas-lights/

Without doimg my own detailed research, I have to doubt the EPA's claims that driving the equivalent of 958 miles creates 881 pounds of CO2. My pickup gets about 19.3 mpg. That is about 50 gallons to drive 958 miles. A gallon of gasoline weighs about 6 pounds. Meaning that all of the gasoline would weigh about 300 pounds. No idea what magic device in my pickup sheds more pounds than it takes in. Probably tries to incorporate the CO2 generated in drilling, extracting, transportation and refining the crude oil to make a gallon of gasoline.

Everyone please go plant a tree so I can have Christmas lights next year. 😎

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 25, 2016, 04:27:31 PM
Oh look. It's SV and his one ball.

The other one can be viewed in the Albert Hall.

I shall not descend to your puerile level. It's supposed to be the season of goodwill to all men, you scrofulous whore.