• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Boomer on March 10, 2009, 01:35:01 AM
Been listening tonight off and on, Snoory reading his script and jumping off the current subject matter leaving the guest confused once in awhile. I'll bet he works over that Fastblast posing questions as his own. He just dragged up that dead aunt of his again Shafeces Configyurbutt...how did that woman get in his gene pool if she was that renown...then again maybe she wasn't. I'll bet the reason they don't use the webcam anymore is they don't want the listeners seeing Snorry being bitch-slapped by the producers everytime he says something stupid. With that in mind I'll bet they have to call in Servicemaster at the end of the show because the studio looks like a
Crime Scene...lol
the last time i listened to a snoory show was in january of 2006.  i don't recall him mentioning this dead broad back then.  wtf happened to bring her into the forefront of his thoughts on a nightly basis like this?  jesus christ.

Boomer

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 10, 2009, 11:10:37 AM
the last time i listened to a snoory show was in january of 2006.  i don't recall him mentioning this dead broad back then.  wtf happened to bring her into the forefront of his thoughts on a nightly basis like this?  jesus christ.

My first thought would be he never knew anything about her back then until some family member was cleaning out the garage and found her book. So now he sees he has an author who had a book published in the family. Now hes trying to make her famous and hang on her coat tails and give us all the impression that he's psychic too. Problem there all his psychic demonstrations on the air fall flat, like the chick who worked at the ATM factory...lol

Centurion73

OK, did anyone hear Nitwit Noory claim people die from getting a stubbed toe on the Wed the 11th show? I have to be having auditory hallucinations right?

Same here man.  Well not exactly, but not since last year.  My brain needed a break.  And being in school, where I need my mind sharp, and listening to the DayTurkey, ......... I just can't handle the paradox man.

Boomer

"What if we had Advanced Technology...NOT ET Technology, but Advanced Technology?"

Here's another...
"Show us with words what your laboratory consists of"
...meaning of course don't tell us...just show us...we wanna see the WORDS!

From the 3-12-09 show with guest David Sereda.

At first I thought he meant E.T. the movie, and I was like.."wtf, that was in the 80's snoory you dumbas-...oh wait." Hahaha.

Nboy

Friday the 13th show, open lines.
He asked people to call in and sing Happy Birthday to Tom....
He snorted and then laughed about it and blamed it on Tom....
He made a big deal about getting Tom a limo for his birthday so he could party, then made sure to tell the listening audience that C2C was going to be paying for it, not George. "Cause thats how we do it at C2C"

Also he interviewed a caller who worked in lost baggage at an airport. What does he ask?
"What are people like when they come up to you?"
"DO people blame you or the airline for lost bags?"
"Have you ever gotten something weird like a suitcase full of snakes?"

A caller claiming to be Marilyn Monroe called in and sang happy birthday. Not nearly as entertaining as the ass cheek tremor prediction man Ian got last weekend.

Centurion73

Noory strikes yet again and mangles the English language or language known to humankind with the newest Nooryism of Exorcistism, WTF?

Frys Girl

Quote from: Centurion73 on March 24, 2009, 06:33:04 PM
Noory strikes yet again and mangles the English language or language known to humankind with the newest Nooryism of Exorcistism, WTF?
Along those lines, apparently the virus from a "master" is not Conficker.... it's CONFLICTOR. Apparently, George is afraid he'll say FUCK.....? Idiot!

Okfalls

..OMG did anyone catch the "Roby" the robotic replacement host spot last night!?  George and Roby are at par!!! Yaaaa..they both sucked!   

Quote from: Okfalls on April 02, 2009, 08:11:58 AM
..OMG did anyone catch the "Roby" the robotic replacement host spot last night!?  George and Roby are at par!!! Yaaaa..they both sucked!  

I wanted to hear that thing so badly! Sounds like I missed a piece of C2C Awesomeness.

Meegle

Hey Michael,

Thanks for checking in! Shows you care!!

Jobsearch? Well the well has been dry since November 22nd. I've interviewed a bunch of times. No one wants me. Wish me luck.....unemployment may soon run out. :(

Still don't listen to George. Super hilarious to hear that you don't listen to him at all either!!!

HIGH-larious!!!!

EvB

Quote from: Meegle on April 05, 2009, 03:25:27 PM

Jobsearch? Well the well has been dry since November 22nd. I've interviewed a bunch of times. No one wants me. Wish me luck.....unemployment may soon run out. :(

Best of luck to you, Meegle! 

My son is also out of work and since I only work part time, I can't help him out as much as I'd like.  Still, the family is still afloat and I'm grateful.

EvB

Quotethe DayTurkey

HUH?

Phan, may I have a clue, please?

OMFG ...

I don't know anything about John Taylor Gatto, George's guest tonight, but
this gentleman sounds like he's absolutely plastered. I don't think he came on the air drunk, I think he's just an elderly man with a seriously slurred voice, but it's clearly not a voice that's acceptable for radio. Without exaggerating for emphasis, this fellow sounds absolutely drunk as a skunk.

What happened to C2CAMs vaunted "pre-interviews" with a producer?

OK, this guy is really quite interesting after listening to him for a bit ... however, there comes a point when certain speech difficulties don't translate well to an exclusively audio medium like radio.

bobcollum

Ugh, I thought i'd give the first hour a go, unfortunately it featured Arthur Blessitt, the crazy guy who walked all over the world with a giant wooden cross. Apparently they made a movie based on the book he wrote about his wanderings...it was tough for me to consistently pay attention, but he was a little too touched by the great spirit for my tastes. I'll never get that time back.

I didn't hear the other guy, but from what I read on the site, I'd probably be into it. It would also be a great topic for Gorge to further prove that he has a no idea what he is talking about.

Boomer

Snoory just made the statement, yes talking about himself again, he says "that little mind I had when I was 1 1/2 years old is the same little mind I have today".

It's about 1 hour and 40 minutes into the show.

Dixie Butcher

Quote from: cthulhubunny on July 29, 2008, 08:38:11 AM
On Friday the 25th George was "interviewing" a guy who was talking about creatures of myth and legend. I only caught part of the show.. I tuned in during a very lengthy (and intelligent) monologue by this guy, who happened to be speaking with an Irish accent. At the end of his lengthy discourse, George's only comment was, "Now. Tell me about leprechauns!"

It was the funniest thing I'd heard all day.

A few weeks ago he had some Irish guy on - probably talking about Leprechauns for St. Patrick's Day, just like he does every year -  and after the guest finished a little monologue about whatever his forte was,  George non-sequitorally asks,  "Do you sing "Danny Boy"? "

GAH!

It just isn't even fun anymore, even if I get a momentary glimmer that I could post examples to this forum.
His interview with Ed Dames, OMFG. That was another end for me. Only George could leave you begging for the kill shot, hahaha.

Dixie Butcher

Quote from: Art is the Best on August 29, 2008, 04:20:56 PM
Yeah, that kind of thing can be annoying. I think it might be a regional accent or something. I've heard people pronounce words like that before on television. Not too many, possibly because most people who go into acting and broadcasting are coached to speak a certain way. I noticed Courtney Cox do it on Friends, which I thought was interesting, but not particularly annoying. I can see how that kind of thing could push one over the edge though. Actually, I've had some teachers I recall feeling that way about.

Oh Jayzus!   To my ears his Midwestern accent is so thick you need a machete to cut through it.  The sickest part is how he often praises his old speech professor and  brags about  how he was a stellar student while in broadcasting school. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1e0E0eKUas#

(if that link doesn't work,  just Google "Betty and Marge do Lunch Youtube"... most of y'all would get a big kick out of Betty, Marge & Shirley Q. Liquor anyway... funny stuff...)

OMG, last night Noory introduced Rosemary Ellen Guylie (sp?) who, apparently, is writing a book with Noory. He started out the interview by saying ...

"This is going to be one of the greatest works of all time!"

The modesty!

Dixie Butcher

Yeah and Shithead said it was going to be about 'talking to the dead'  -  WTF does he know about it?  Other than having had guests on that talk about it while he's busy Googling himself?   He's even more underqualified to co-write this book than he was the last one!!   I wonder who will edit it?   The last book was laughably "edited"  by one of Whitley's editors, and I can only believe that Whitley writes well enough to not need any editing,  because this person seemed to have not touched a thing in the Noory/Birnes  book.  Mistakes and typos and bad grammar abounded.   You'd think Birnes might have noticed too,  but apparently not.

I wonder about George's sudden prolific writing streak and if he isn't doing what Tom Clancy does these days, where someone else writes the book and Tom Clancy slaps his name on it because it will sell more copies. I've got to think George's contributions to these literary efforts is putting his name on the cover, doing book tours and talking about it on C2CAM.

But, in any case, at least we know this upcoming book will be one of the greatest works of all time, right up there with Catcher in the Rye, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and the Bible.

danDNA

that is very funny. freaky, in a john walters way, but funny. thanks Dixie.

danDNA

is the noory way of saying 'legs' (laygs) and 'measured' (maysured) an artifact of the mid-west accent?

EvB

Quote from: danDNA on April 20, 2009, 10:53:49 AM
is the noory way of saying 'legs' (laygs) and 'measured' (maysured) an artifact of the mid-west accent?

Oooooh YA!  Youbetcha!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dixie Butcher on April 18, 2009, 05:47:42 PM
Mistakes and typos and bad grammar abounded.
you're serious?  they really allowed that shit to get through?  i haven't the will to purchase and read snoors' "worker in the douche" book, but i'd really love to see some examples of the grammatical errors contained therein.

Dixie Butcher

First off,  "HAAAAAAAYY MICHAEL!!"  Good to see you again - I need to check in more often.  I hope you & your lovely wife are doing better than well.

As for the book --  I gave my copy away a long time ago,  but reordered a used one from Amazon today -  I figure,  WTF?   The laughs I'll get by revisiting it will be worth  .63.   Then maybe I'll offer it up to one of y'all,  if anyone here has the stomach for it.   You're first on the list,  Michael,  but I know you've said you haven't the will to subject yourself to it.   It takes a truly sick mind to want to read that thing -  especially twice!!

I'm thinkin'   my beloved  EvB might take a whack at it,  though !   I'd love to share the experience with her.

Amazon is currently asking the ridiculous price of $18.21 - however there are a lot of booksellers offering NEW copies for 4 bucks,  and lots of used copies for practically nuthing.   Signed copies are only $25.00 - which is the price listed on the book jacket.

Shows you what a desirable tome it is and what a "hot" commodity"  Noory is.  (burp)

So anyways,  once I get that and pick through it some,  I'll share with y'all.   I remember when I read it initially I was constantly screaming out loud at various blurbs and quotes,  and often having to either show my husband or make him read it because it was so unbelievable.

Heh. The old man just suggested I go through it and underline all of the offenses with red ink and send it to George - but I'm sure he wouldn't read it.   I don't think you could force that guy to read a book - not even his own.   (the attached video is highly offensive & politically incorrect - so approach with caution if you're sensitive.  Pffffffttttt!   Yeah right!! )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlsqQAHJyY#