• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

Boomer

Quote from: Centurion73 on January 04, 2009, 08:55:39 AM
I feel your pain

HOLD IT!   Didn't Bill Clinton say that?

Quotethe radio Gods have smiled upon you for your suffering. Ian the self flagellating for all to hear, the overworked one show a week guy, will be off next weekend bad news is he will play the Sony Bono show again, hahahhaha.

Oh Lordy Oh Lordy...then there really is a Radio God...a repeat of the Sonny Bonehead Show, one of my All-Time Favorites![barfing blood and everything I've eaten for the last week]

Speaking of Sonny Bonehead, did you every see this guy in action on C-Span while he was in Congress? Talk about being out of ones element, this guy had less on the ball than Snorry, hard to believe I know but this guy was totally lost like the mushrooms and pot had taken over his logic, not to mention his super tailored silk suits, 10 pounds of gold hanging all over his wrists and fingers, he looked like he just left the Disco.

Centurion73

Quote from: Boomer on January 04, 2009, 11:52:25 AM
...a repeat of the Sonny Bonehead Show,

Dude I made that up about Bono but not about super hero comic deacon Punnett being off, maybe he will enjoy himself and never come back on.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on January 03, 2009, 11:16:29 PM

ACTUALLY -- what is most vivid in my mind about this dream isn't the sex - though that's vivid enough.  It was conversations we had (in "dream time" this all went on for a couple of days) and where we were - an inn in upstate NY that he (the KB figure) had purchased and refurbished down to the most amazing historic detail - kinda Shaker-cum-Amish.

Now - if y'all didn't already know I'm an odd duck . . . .

Wow, it gets more disturbing as you  progress, ahhahahhaha. Must have been a hell of a dream for you to recall so much, WOW! ;D

mikemcc

I was quite surprised at the "Gnome Show" myself. I am always a bit incredulous whenever I encounter a speaker (or speakers) who never stumble or pause over any question. There are very few things about which I would consider myself an expert, but even in those few areas, I'm going to be stumped from time to time. Especially during a three-hour interview. I listened to a show the other night, (from 12/23) about the Seeress of Prevorst with a guest named John DeSalvo; George's interview skills were no better than usual, but when the phone lines opened up, there were several times when the callers pretty much stumped DeSalvo. So, he'd say things like, "You know, that's something I really have never considered and I can't give you an answer." This seemed to me entirely natural and genuine and it didn't seem like he was just blowing the caller off. It instead seemed more like the guy really had never considered that particular question and so wasn't prepared to blow smoke just to get the caller off the line. The gnome guys, however, were completely different. They answered every question immediately and with no hesitation at all. It almost seemed like the two of them had a previous agreement of, "You follow my lead when I say something and I'll follow yours when you say something."

All I know is that I wish I had a gnome or two of my own to help take care of me. I could use them. Instead, my life so far seems like I must be plagued with a few anti-gnomes. In other words, if I have any gnomes, they are putting my luggage at the BACK of the belt and then making the belt malfunction just before my luggage comes out...   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mikemcc on January 06, 2009, 01:46:13 PM
I was quite surprised at the "Gnome Show" myself.
gnome show?  wtf!!  i'm soooo glad i don't know what you're talking about since i gave up on Snoors McSnoorish (hi, FG!) such a long time ago.  however, your description of the guests discussing gnomes reminds me of the way those two bigfoot scam artists engaged the media.

edit:  wait... was the "gnome show" a punnett show?

Centurion73

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 06, 2009, 08:18:16 PM
edit:  wait... was the "gnome show" a punnett show?

Yeah, Corky Punnett did the show he even asked if there were Nazi Gnome's & Fairy's, WTF?

Yeah the Gnomes work at Starbucks where these guys hang out and they get luggage for the one dude at the Airport and...the other guy saw it!!! They like to hear changed being dropped and one came and did his wash while they were in the hot tub. No shit, this is what c2c is now.

EvB

Nah nah nah!  In ALL FAIRNESS DUDE!  Ian was not pulling those questions out of his ass (well, maybe the Nazi one - but I kinda thought it was funny in context  -- what can I say?) UNLIKE Snoory - he actually reads up on his guests.  Those questions were airy because the GUESTS were airy - they came from the book they were stumping for.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on January 06, 2009, 09:18:37 PM
Nah nah nah!  In ALL FAIRNESS DUDE!  Ian was not pulling those questions out of his ass (well, maybe the Nazi one - but I kinda thought it was funny in context... Those questions were airy because the GUESTS were airy - they came from the book they were stumping for.

That was not the point MV asked if it was Ian it was. Yes, those guys were "airy" and just that stumping a book that Ian was shilling for them just like a true infomercial. Next on c2c my fav & yours ShamWow.

Frys Girl

Oh my GOD. the google sense ad for this thread. gay chubby dating. I want Anne Coulter to have a profile there so bad.

Boomer

Quote from: Centurion73 on January 04, 2009, 04:23:26 PM
Dude I made that up about Bono but not about super hero comic deacon Punnett being off, maybe he will enjoy himself and never come back on.

Super Hero Comic Deacon...huh...wish I'd thought of that one.

Centurion73

A thank you to Ian.

Ian, please feel free to take a permanent vacation as you have really earned it doing one show a week and sometimes maybe two. Knapp stepped in to do your Sunday night and it was a sad night without, wait, no it was not since there was none of you and your inane, obscure, and adolescent banter. No comic book news, cryptonews, and physorg.com reports. Take all the time you need, take more than you need, please.

Centurion73

This Saturday night show appears to have an interesting guest, I hope for the best but with these two dolts in charge (Noory,Punnett) that is a lot to ask.

Centurion73

The show was interesting and I liked the guest and Ian even appeared to have been acting in a more mature and dignified manner befitting C2C but then he goes and does this.

Dude I tried you brought this on yourself.

Ok, the dog IS FAT, not "ginormous" as you think and the pipe?   

EvB

That dog is a bit on the large side for a Boston Terrier - fat or no fat.

But you know what?  I can't bring myself to feel any warmth for those beasts.  My Uncle Frank always had one - and always named it after some boxer.  Frank tended towards the more average sized BTs -- and they ALWAYS BIT ME!

A few moths ago I was looking at someold papers - and found a snapshot of me at about 5 with one of Frank's evil beasts - Dempsey. I was kneeling on a twin bed (not my own) and the wretched dog was near me.  I don't recall the moment - but imagine one or both of us were drugged.

Centurion73

What a difference a week makes, the return of insipid, vapid, mundane, & bumbling Ian has returned. Starts the show off with his homoerotic "manly smells" & Freudian "cigar" then proceeds on to his Mr. Magoo version of radio. He did better on the show but the guest and the topic failed I think, I mean it was just a Brit version of the Spy Chips lady, boring.

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 01, 2009, 12:42:21 AM
.........Starts the show off with his homoerotic "manly smells" & Freudian "cigar" then proceeds on to his Mr. Magoo version of radio. ........

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Is it just me or is that the worst case of dandruff.......EVER!

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on February 11, 2009, 02:02:53 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Is it just me or is that the worst case of dandruff.......EVER!

Having listened to Ian carry on about how cold and snowy the Twin Cities have been - that never occurred to me.  But damn it DOES look like that!  ;D

Caruthers612

Funny, I have always liked Ian. I always found him truly self-effacing, never one to put on airs, and he always seemed psyched to be doing the show. A person's attitude matters a lot to me, and though I haven't tuned in in a long time, he always seemed to have a very good one.

M

EvB

Quote from: Mordred478 on February 13, 2009, 08:36:31 AM
      Funny, I have always liked Ian. I always found him truly self-effacing, never one to put on airs, and he always seemed psyched to be doing the show. A person's attitude matters a lot to me, and though I haven't tuned in in a long time, he always seemed to have a very good one.

M

I like Ian - in fact I'd say that if i HAD to choose I like him better than Knapp - but that is only a matter of personal preference and not a judgment of quality (as in "I like blue and i like green, but if I have to pick one I'll take green)

There are other on the board who like him too.

Sometimes- it's just a matter of letting someone else have the last word to stop the conversation.

That said - if you're not thinking "Christmas in Minnesota" - it  does look like a bad case of dandruff!   ;:)

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on February 13, 2009, 05:04:46 PM
I like Ian - in fact I'd say that if i HAD to choose I like him better than Knapp - but that is only a matter of personal preference and not a judgment of quality (as in "I like blue and i like green, but if I have to pick one I'll take green)

There are other on the board who like him too.

Sometimes- it's just a matter of letting someone else have the last word to stop the conversation.

That said - if you're not thinking "Christmas in Minnesota" - it  does look like a bad case of dandruff!   ;:)
Ok if I had to choose between Ian and George (Aids or cancer) I'd take Cancer.

Then, if I had to choose between Knapp and Ian - Knapp.

I would always always throw Mr. Snoory under the bus then back up and press the gas and run over him again. Rinse, lather, repeat. Rinse lather repeat.

EvB

QuoteOk if I had to choose between Ian and George (Aids or cancer) I'd take Cancer.

Good LORD Fry's Girl - I know I'll hate myself for asking, but when did your dislike of Ian get so intense that you prefer Snoory?

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on February 13, 2009, 06:18:03 PM
Good LORD Fry's Girl - I know I'll hate myself for asking, but when did your dislike of Ian get so intense that you prefer Snoory?
Oh my gosh. My hate was so overwhelming that I accidentally chose GEORGE Droopy over Ian. Whoops. I meant aids - george - no cure ever whatsoever. Mea Culpa.

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on February 13, 2009, 07:34:22 PM
Oh my gosh. My hate was so overwhelming that I accidentally chose GEORGE Droopy over Ian. Whoops. I meant aids - george - no cure ever whatsoever. Mea Culpa.

LOL!  I thought that was the case - but I wanted to make you say it.  ;D :P :-*

Centurion73

QuoteThere are other on the board who like him too.

Some people like Noory too?

QuoteSometimes- it's just a matter of letting someone else have the last word to stop the conversation.

What does that mean? If that were the case then why have a site to say Noory sucks or are you saying you feel it is time to stop the Ian conversation only? Maybe this board should go as well as the others since it does not involve Noory and him sucking. Someone has all ready commented that boards have been closed
Quoteim just saying, you close one lot of boards down due to lack of discussing GN sucking...

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 14, 2009, 11:28:25 AM
Some people like Noory too?

What does that mean? If that were the case then why have a site to say Noory sucks or are you saying you feel it is time to stop the Ian conversation only? Maybe this board should go as well as the others since it does not involve Noory and him sucking. Someone has all ready commented that boards have been closed

There have been people here who like Noory well enough.  At the moment - they don't seem to be posting.

What I meant by my comment of not responding so much in defense of Ian was simply that FOR ME PERSONALLY it seemed like a dead horse.  You don't like him - I do -- some agree - some don't  -- that point has been made - so, why continue a repetitive back-and-forth? 

Now, if you or others care to do that, on any subject - be my guest. 

As for the restructuring of the board - I had nothing to do with that choice and my comments re: being less proactive in defending Ian are completely unrelated.  More, one is an administrative choice that effects us all and one is a personal choice I made for myself.

And, when all is said and done, is there anyone here who does not know or cannot figure out by looking back over earlier posts that I am a fan of Ian's and you are not?  I doubt it - for me, my point's been made.  If, in the future, someone (you included) says something specific regrading Ian I feel moved to respond to, I will. But lately, all of the Ian conversation that I participated in started to sound like some version of "You got peanut butter on my chocolate!"  "NO! You got chocolate on my peanut butter!" 

Unlike some other conversations (and again, this is just my POV) on other topics or other hosts, no one seemed to be changing their opinions much (I include myself in that - though I've had changes of heart before.  I used to think George was okay - not great - just okay - and i also didn't care for Knapp.  That's different now, largely as a result of conversations here) So, for me, so far there doesn't seem anything further to discuss on the active Ian threads. 

I'd certainly answer a direct question, but no one as asked me one.  And, if I saw something I hadn't already spoken to, and cared about, I would respond to that as well. 

I do read what you have to say, but since I have, so far, nothing new to add, my reply would only be a waste of bandwidth.

QuoteSometimes- it's just a matter of letting someone else have the last word to stop the conversation.

Was likely a poor choice of words.  Well, maybe.  On one had, I don't mean to imply that others should not have at the Ian argument to their heart's content.  On the other, if you sensed some annoyance on my part you read me right. (But guess what?  No one here has a right to not be annoyed!)

Here is the thing: (And I'm partly paraphrasing someone else on this topic, if he or she chooses to identify themselves, so be it.) C2C addresses the experience of the unseen and the unprovable ALL THE TIME.  Religion falls into that category, IMO.  So, why all the fuss and fret about religion, biblical scholarship, and a knowledge of theology being something Ian brings to the table?  That seems weird to me.

More, I sure as hell would rather hear someone who has an education in religious matters and various interpretations of scripture take the subject on than listen to George pander to guests who read the Book of Revelation once, decided they they and they alone have the unique key to this bizarre book that has been debated by true scholars for centuries, and come on Coast to blather on and on about their fantasies without challenge of any kind.

So - obviously now - having gone on this long - no -I have no problems with Ian conversations. I just pick and choose when *I* care to encourage them.  You have that same right and that same power. Unless you violate the TOS by saying something untrue and stating it as a fact, it's not my right or my desire to censor you or anyone else. If you say something I don't like, well then, sucks to be me, doesn't it?

And, one more time (though I somehow doubt it will be the last) I have thought carefully about the mod-hat vs. the member-hat.  Here is how I deal:  If I say something as a mod, because it seems necessary, I will identify the fact that I am speaking as a mod.  Otherwise - I'm just any poster, one of a bunch of creeps, and have the same right and take the same risks (eg: that someone will tell me what a jerk I am) as anyone else.  If I handle it any other way, this place  will become a lot less fun for me, and I'm simply unwilling to make that sacrifice. I also don't think it's necessary.  Everyone here is literate enough to recognize a moderator's edit and the reasons for it, and to read any warning messages they may receive privately.  So, I trust you, and others, to do that, and make the distinction between me as a poster, and me as a mod.

Frys Girl

Just wanted to say something about Ian. Last week he didn't check in with KFI and the DJ spent 2 minutes taking shots at Ian. I don't know if LA takes C2C seriously anyway. The weekday DJs pre-snoors (Kenney and Suits - not really good either) shred Snoory to pieces. It's almost like listening to some GNS.com pre C2C.
Oh and Happy Valenswine's

Centurion73

I have no problem with how the board has been restructured I was just bringing to light what was said and until today I had not posted on Ian for for that reason. I suggested that this board and the whole Ian thing be deleted to keep in line with GNS.

After our discussion on the mod issue I saw your point of view and have not questioned that and any of your post.

QuoteYou don't like him - I do

That may be true may not, I am not sure, I like him as a human and even though I do not agree with his small minded views, I will not let anyone take them away from him while I can.

QuoteSo - obviously now - having gone on this long - no -I have no problems with Ian conversations. I just pick and choose when *I* care to encourage them.  You have that same right and that same power. Unless you violate the TOS by saying something untrue and stating it as a fact, it's not my right or my desire to censor you or anyone else. If you say something I don't like, well then, sucks to be me, doesn't it?

I never implied or meant to imply any of that statement. I just questioned your wording and where it was directed that was all. just a question it was not an attack.

You know my job, what I do, this is not an excuse but do you know many of us that just let someone have the last word? I will try to do so as it is a lesson I need to learn  ;D.

QuoteI do read what you have to say, but since I have, so far, nothing new to add, my reply would only be a waste of bandwidth.

Never accused you of not reading any post and it is YOUR choice always to respond if you so choose as it is anyone's choice.

I am sorry that somehow you got offended and I did not phrase my question correctly and have appeared to have annoyed you even when I did not post for some 13 days? I thought most of our post as of late had been in a more humorous nature but I appear to have been mistaken, I apologize to all.

EvB

QuoteI am sorry that somehow you got offended and I did not phrase my question correctly and have appeared to have annoyed you even when I did not post for some 13 days? I thought most of our post as of late had been in a more humorous nature but I appear to have been mistaken, I apologize to all.

Gotta love how easily how things get misconstrued on the web.  Or, then again, NOT!

Okay - I misunderstood your comment. I'm not particularly annoyed with you and enjoy your posts. 

My annoyance is with  (and not just from you) this notion of Ian as narrow minded  - small minded - whatever.  To me, he is anything but. And so, when people say he is, and say that in conjunction with comment about his religious affiliation, it adds salt to a wound that comes from any number of directions.

We live in a nation that has a very active a vocal minority of people who CALL themselves "Christian" and, while it is not for me to judge if they is or they ain't - this particular group I'm thinking of are not people I particularly want to be lumped in with.  I would not lump Ian in with them either.

Nevertheless, I am Christian, and, as far as I can tell, my notion of what that means is much more in line with Ian's than with the fundamentalist Fah-La-Lah that makes me oh so very crazy.

No, you did not mention Ian's religion in this round, but you have in the past, and more than once (I'm not saying this out of annoyance, I'm saying this to head the >beeeeeep< off at the pass  ;D )

And now, you see, I come to that point again where I just don't want to talk about it anymore because it feels as if anything I could possibly say would only contribute to misunderstanding.

And, that isn't to say you should not reply.  I rather hope you do.  I just am out of words (on this topic anyway) at the moment.

Centurion73

QuoteI'm not saying this out of annoyance, I'm saying this to head the >BEEEP< off at the pass  ;D )

Wow under the bus thrown am I, lol  ;D Did not really want that known but oh well, haahhaha.

QuoteI come to that point again where I just don't want to talk about it anymore because it feels as if anything I could possibly say would only contribute to misunderstanding.

Your choice and if you have no more to say so be it but I do read and try to learn or see another point of view.

I guess my point is that Art mostly kept his religious views and beliefs for the most part out of C2C and for the reasons we are discussing. I do not know why Ian has to bring it up every show as we all know he is a spiritual man and really I am happy for him that he can do that and be happy with what he does.

QuoteC2C addresses the experience of the unseen and the unprovable ALL THE TIME.  Religion falls into that category, IMO.

:worms

Glad someone else said it and you brought it up, I never looked at it like that but I doubt that is what Ian is doing and would love to hear that show.

I hope to hell that he does well tonight as this show interest me a lot for several reasons but I am sure he can relate to an outlaw biker because as we all know he does drive a Vespa  ;D (read as a joke please).

You, out of words? Board big mouth, hhhahhaha.

EvB

Both of the previous posts edited by BB-M cuz sometimes she really really IS!

:'( sorry