• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thanks To All of You.

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 11, 2008, 05:44:53 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: sherry440 on December 11, 2010, 10:50:30 AM
I would be a member in the Michael Van. fan club!! He alone is supporting our Art Bell addiction with 24/7 streams and (hopefully) getting the message to Premiere. George Knapp seems the closest in intellectual capacity to run a decent interview. Noory could (possibly) be helped if they'd train him in ACTIVE LISTENING, whereby the journalist tags the next question to part of what was just stated prior. Art was a master at this. Noory unfortunately can only revert to his list of 20 questions, so the interview never develops on a continuing thread, but just jumps around randomly. He quite frankly isn't smart enough to understand what was just said, let alone continue it.

Q. Since C2C has been ruined by Noory, I've recently discovered one other brilliant guy: Doug MacIntyre--Redeye Radio--anyone heard him?

Q. Does anyone know when Art will host next??

Q. In addition to Noory's inane interviewing, have you noticed he prefers the WORST examples of bubblegum love song bumper music? Completely inappropriate to topics and musically, some of the worst examples of musicianship.
hey, sherry... u have any videos you can post here of your piano work?

onan

This post is primarily directed at MV. To explain a bit, I didn't make it a private message because: 1. my pov is that in a forum all info unless it is somewhat personal should be public. 2. when I try to be nice I want witnesses.

OK to the sucking up. MV from what I have read I have you to thank for the stream of ab files... a very big thank you. I by sheer luck stumbled (no not the insidious search narcotic) on the link to stream. After several times of listening I bumped into one of your what I believe you call a podcast. That cast seemed to be almost like you were having a conversation with close friends - so much so I felt like an eavesdropper... becoming uncomfortable I stopped listening and returned the next day to again find ab talking from the past.

As embarrassed and I am to explain this, up to that point I had not considered that someone was financially supporting this project. I noticed that the stream was coastgab. I went to the forum (although I had been there once before to find the link I had not really given the site itself much thought... afterall, I mean art bell) with the intention to donate some of my pathetic excuse of savings to your site. Imagine my cognitive dissonance... wanting to help and being told in a post contributions were not wanted and would be returned. I think there was a suggestion to either donate to another person or something else... but being the cheap and easily distracted person I am I did not follow that process.

Anyhoo, I am very thankfull to you for this site and the work you and your friends have put forth. I am also very happy to find a forum that by and large has points of view that are well thought out and even if I disagree with them I see very little vitriol and even less vilifying of differing points of view... kudos

Again my thanks and if you ever do want some financial help lemme know... last I checked my savings account and a positive balance well over 50 cents.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Peenman Enterprises on December 11, 2010, 03:49:55 PM
I wouldn't worry about the page views or posts. The thing about this board, and the reason it's one of the few boards I visit, is that the posts are generally well thought out and readable. I would rather come here with 50K views than go somewhere with 5 million separate posts, 90% of which are in all caps or free of any intelligible grammar or punctuation.
HAHA!!  point taken.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 12, 2010, 02:21:08 AM
And thank you MV for giving us a place to post.

I love coming here, not just because CoastGab is cool, but because the members of CoastGab are cool.

Good work MV.  You ROCK!!!  8)
i'm always embarrassed when people say things like this to me, and i don't quite know how to respond... but thanks.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on December 13, 2010, 11:13:38 PM
just curious ... what are you using to capture metrics for the site?  google tools?  server statistics package?
i use the site statistics utility that's built into the SMF software.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on December 14, 2010, 07:32:43 AM
Again my thanks and if you ever do want some financial help lemme know... last I checked my savings account and a positive balance well over 50 cents.
HAHA!!!  you generated a nice gut-laugh here.  i know the feeling.  thanks for your nice words.

b_dubb

see if you can install Google Analytics.  most server side site metrics tools capture traffic from bots and spiders which is generated by computers and not peoples

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on December 14, 2010, 07:56:19 AM
see if you can install Google Analytics.  most server side site metrics tools capture traffic from bots and spiders which is generated by computers and not peoples
i'm aware of that... and i've already configured the SMF utility so as to prevent the counting of spiders.  some probably slip through still, but generally, the most common spiders don't get counted.

Quote from: MV on December 14, 2010, 07:30:50 AM
Quote from: guildnavigator on December 11, 2010, 01:43:47 AM
Quote from: MV on December 10, 2010, 11:56:25 PM
Quote from: guildnavigator on December 10, 2010, 06:01:00 PM
And I have done some critical listening to these three feeds trying to isolate intermittent clicks and pops that are present in many somewhere in time broadcasts.
from what i've noticed, those clicks are present in ALL of the "somewhere in time" replays.  i think they've been artificially introduced into the audio by premiere.  why?  i have no clue.  audio has been commonly recorded digitally for 15 years now.  there's just no way they were recording art's old shows on a dictabelt.

i agree, it sounds like an engineer at premiere has stopped listening or caring about that sort of thing a long time ago... it doesn't happen during live broadcasts, but anything rebroadcast seems to.

almost sounds typical of a free trial plugin that leaves a watermark in the audio, which i'd doubt in favor of the theory that they are converting them in a way that leaves this... I have never worked with a piece of audio that was more than an hour or so in length, and if they are working on something 4 hours long i'd imagine some heavy rendering that could leave that type of shit behind. at which point laziness becomes the culprit for not wanting to split, render and merge more than one file, right?

in any case, it sounds unprofessional... they need to check their drivers and latency settings...
these days, recording/processing/editing/manipulating an audio recording exceeding 24 hours in length is no problem.  at all.

They can only be dealing with one mono channel of audio at a time, what the hell are they doing? The guy to get the job never cares...

Wondering what type of media these are archived on and what process they went/go through to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to you  to Mv

Can you create MV  new cost to cost old time 
And found right people for future paranormal ghost ufo

We are need a new radio channel are Internationale too on am  over world

Or radio company

I like have a job ,

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gabor Sweden751110 on December 15, 2010, 03:09:27 PM

Thanks to you  to Mv

Can you create MV  new cost to cost old time 
And found right people for future paranormal ghost ufo

We are need a new radio channel are Internationale too on am  over world

Or radio company

I like have a job ,
if anyone has a few million dollars, i'll start a radio company, and you'll be the first hire, gabor.

Open a charge .
Wen people can give money or send to charg are for new radio , after cost to cost , world to world

or a donation to fund

After you have talk  art bell , use his  old story  about quality .

Like to cal art bell quality ground , we can create and give is 

I think get big support and help for is ,

You can think about is

I feel  good energy a round is ,
I think are many soul  ask after is .

I get is feel from old show  ,

I think many people feel good . for is and many are miss is

I think are many people are need is .

are a plant grow up .
Ned a time to grow in your soul feel ,

start web radio and  use  web radio you tub too

I dont now to day have i can help .

Think need have 

You have start long time , 
Com from your inside brain soul are hidden in your body

Think we can start creat a good namen ? for is

world to world or

People of earth

play is on your head  fine game , enjoy feel i after time

Dont not think  have diffult are ,
Not use so must time on , about i don't have money

It can be done wen ask help and look a round ,
people can be strong wen feel are need is

feel a music ,

My frend MV

sherry440

Quote from: MV on December 14, 2010, 07:32:24 AM
hey, sherry... u have any videos you can post here of your piano work?

You know, MV---been a professional pianist for a million years, still playing weekly, and I never once (!) even thought of a video!?! Sheesh. How stupid can I be? I have plenty of recordings, 2 pro CD's...but a video! Sha-zamm!

Why is Art Bell not doing 2011 predictions???! I'm crushed! Redeye Radio was off this week so I tuned back in to C2C....

majes

George said he asked Art to do the show this year but he declined, he went on to say that Art is slowing down; spending more time with family; and that he doesn't think Art will be doing any more shows :(

MV/Liberace!

for the month of march, coastgab is on pace to record a quarter million page views.  that beats any 31 day period going all the way back to our start in april 2008.  thanks for hanging out around here.  it's truly nice to know that the curve balls of my daily grind can be forgotten, if only temporarily, when i drop in to see what's happening around here.  you're sucking up a shit-ton of bandwidth, and i'm appreciative since it forces my hosting company to actually WORK for that money i send them every month.  muahahahaha! 

seriously, though... i'm grateful for the time you've invested in building this community.  without you, it's, "cue the tumbleweed."

MV/Liberace!

haha, i just went back and took a peek at the first post in this thread where i was pitching a tent over 50,000 page views.  HAHA!!  the good ol' days.

valdez

Quote from: Michael V. on March 20, 2011, 03:55:30 AM
for the month of march, coastgab is on pace to record a quarter million page views....i'm grateful for the time you've invested in building this community.  without you, it's, "cue the tumbleweed."
Thank you, Micheal, for your audacious vision of...something.  And for going to jail on behalf of...oh, wait, that's in the future...never mind.

We hear these guys win Techstars NY, 2024.

It's crazy how much this community has grown since the early georgenoorysucks.com days. I used to lurk there when there was maybe one or two new topics a week but MV's constant attention and great leadership lead this community to become the de facto C2C group on the web. CoastGab is a such a diverse, free, and active community and it's all a tribute to MV's vision of what a community should be. I really respect MV's commitment to freedom and equality on this website. It's one of the main reasons I visit here at least once a day. This has also led to such a diverse group of members as the golden days of the show itself. Stoners, college kids, retired people, men, women, right wingers, liberals, city people, country people, people outside the US are all members here. This is a great community. I feel happy to be a member here and to watch this community develop so rapidly.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on March 21, 2011, 07:27:02 PM
It's crazy how much this community has grown since the early georgenoorysucks.com days. I used to lurk there when there was maybe one or two new topics a week but MV's constant attention and great leadership lead this community to become the de facto C2C group on the web. CoastGab is a such a diverse, free, and active community and it's all a tribute to MV's vision of what a community should be. I really respect MV's commitment to freedom and equality on this website. It's one of the main reasons I visit here at least once a day. This has also led to such a diverse group of members as the golden days of the show itself. Stoners, college kids, retired people, men, women, right wingers, liberals, city people, country people, people outside the US are all members here. This is a great community. I feel happy to be a member here and to watch this community develop so rapidly.
Jesus Christ. You nearly brought me to tears with this one, haha.

Seriously, though, you give me far more credit than is warranted.

Having just finished a big project, I thought it might be interesting to see a plot of the page views by date while the old laptop was still warm.

Here's a link to the page view statistics plotted by month.

The dashed vertical lines are the seperations between years. the The minimum number of views was a still-respectable 33,149 in June 2008, and the maximum was 220,919 - almost 1/4 of a million! - in March 2009.

I was a bit surprised to see that there are very large usage spikes, usually in the first three months of the year. Hopefully there will be another one this year... maybe when Art announces his new project? *crosses fingers*

Also noticed that September and October of 2009 were missed for some reason. Is this the period in which the transition from georgenoorysucks was going on?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Agent : Orange on March 24, 2011, 12:28:33 AM
Also noticed that September and October of 2009 were missed for some reason. Is this the period in which the transition from georgenoorysucks was going on?
correct.  the whole operation ceased to exist during that period.

aldousburbank

To Michael V and all the regular coastgab people:

Anagrammy and I have been playing footsie via email and phone.  We are both in agreement on this- CoastGab is not just fun, it's inspiring.  Both of us have found that, through the anonymous and friendly nature of CG, we've both been able to restore our ability to write about the stuff we care about.   Specifically, our faith in the written word as a means of sharing parts of our experience with other humans has been restored.  It has been enough fun bitch slapping Noory that I am now doing daily therapeutic writing, thanks to Anagrammy's encouragement, and this forum.  She feels exactly the same and is now putting it down so she can share her experience with others.  I thank you all on my, and her behalf. :)  And thanks George, for sucking so much that you made all this possible.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 05, 2011, 06:44:12 PM
To Michael V and all the regular coastgab people:

Anagrammy and I have been playing footsie via email and phone.  We are both in agreement on this- CoastGab is not just fun, it's inspiring.  Both of us have found that, through the anonymous and friendly nature of CG, we've both been able to restore our ability to write about the stuff we care about.   Specifically, our faith in the written word as a means of sharing parts of our experience with other humans has been restored.  It has been enough fun bitch slapping Noory that I am now doing daily therapeutic writing, thanks to Anagrammy's encouragement, and this forum.  She feels exactly the same and is now putting it down so she can share her experience with others.  I thank you all on my, and her behalf. :)  And thanks George, for sucking so much that you made all this possible.
wow!  this message alone has made the entire experiment worthwhile.  thank you very much.

by the way... today marks our third anniversary. 

here's to many more.

haloedorchid

This is a remarkable board, with a great group of people. I've really enjoyed it. Happy Anniversary :)

I was lost, and now I'm found.

No, Thank YOU, MV!

"I love the friends I (we) have gathered on this thin raft.  We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping."

aldousburbank

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 06, 2011, 11:45:35 AM
"I love the friends I (we) have gathered on this thin raft.  We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping."

May we come live with you, in the forests of azure?

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on April 05, 2011, 10:59:57 PM
wow!  this message alone has made the entire experiment worthwhile.  thank you very much.

by the way... today marks our third anniversary. 

here's to many more.

Happy Anniversary All.   Yes indeed, CoastGab has helped me so much.  I wondered if anyone would be interested in reading my rants.  The positive reception I had here has done so much to boost my confidence that I am full tilt into writing the book that has been blocked for years. 

I find I look forward to coming home to my humble studio apartment and checking in with my CoastGab friends.  Some day we will have a conference and meet each other-- that will be terrific! (you should see the beautiful hair on aldousburbank!)  He'll sit their with aguagoat and guildnavigator and they'll be comparing bud.  EvB, Scully and I will be sitting with Onan at another table waiting for the master to take the mike while AgentOrange and Hal9000 are making diagrams and Marc Knight is fixing the audio.

Valdez will queue up a mockumentary that will leave everyone wiping tears from laughing, one that takes a few key ArtBell shows and splits the screen so we can see the caller/guest.

Mmmm--it will be a WELCOME BACK TO RADIO ART BELL convention with Art's favorite guests, and narrated by George Knapp.  Held, of course, in that capital city of sin, sun and paranormal provocation LAS VEGAS!!!!!

Kisses to you for the work and patience, Mike, big round of applause.

Anagrammy
PS-apologies for anyone I left out--too lazy to pull up another window....

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 06, 2011, 12:17:01 PM
May we come live with you, in the forests of azure?
Fellow travellers are always welcome.  Because:

"Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
Out here we is stoned - immaculate."

Guess that means we can probably count Aquagoat and Guildnavigator in.